Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Teenage Fansub posted:

HEY COSTUMES!

Supergirl

What loving year is this supposed to be from. That is hideous :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Unreal Engine doesn't really do human beings.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I really wan Etrigan to be playable in one of these games and his pre-fight dialogue should always rhyme and match the meter with his opponent

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm still so happy we got Lobo in the first game.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Mover posted:

I really wan Etrigan to be playable in one of these games and his pre-fight dialogue should always rhyme and match the meter with his opponent

A million times this. The Etrigan episodes of BTAS and JL were always highlights and I wish DC used him more. As an :eng101: major, he's a favorite of mine.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

howe_sam posted:

What loving year is this supposed to be from. That is hideous :psyduck:

Not only are the costumes bad, but so are the character models. They all look like frumpy cosplayers.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Grodd looks alright, he's just a big gorilla and the armour doesn't look completely stupid on him because he pretty often wears some sort of chestpiece, helmet and cape when he's doing his conqueror ape routine in the comics but the rest are pretty bad. Atrocitus doesn't even look like Atrocitus, looks like a Red Lantern Darkseid or something.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jun 12, 2016

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Teenage Fansub posted:

Ooh. Now I'm excited about making them look as stupid as possible :)

Sorry the devs beat you to it

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Oh my god. I actually thought the first game was fine design wise with what they were going for, and an ok departure from the norm, but goddamn what happened here.

What's up with Dad bod Superman

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Was the super-pill that made everyone equal strength or whatever in the game as well as the comics?

When I saw the sequel trailer, it reminded me of my feelings of that -- like, I understand why that was conceived as a way of excusing a fist fight between Superman and Batman, and I understand since this is a sequel they have to introduce new mechanics like the customizable armor, but the idea of adding armor to superhereos already given the history of the first Injustice is just....bleh.

I can't help but see that stupid armored Captain America every time I see the trailer, the epitome of terrible design.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Reinanigans posted:

A million times this. The Etrigan episodes of BTAS and JL were always highlights and I wish DC used him more. As an :eng101: major, he's a favorite of mine.

I liked when DC did Wednesday Comics and Walt Simonson wrote him in iambic pentameter because he'd been promoted up the hierarchy of demons.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Super girl may look terrible but at least she's not in a bra and mini-skirt for once.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

I saw Black Manta in there I'm pretty sure, and he just looked like Black Manta, complete with huge goofy helmet.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I don't know how they were able to make worst costumes than the first Injustice, they have to be doing it on purpose.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Gloved Superman is trash.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

JT Smiley posted:

I don't know how they were able to make worst costumes than the first Injustice, they have to be doing it on purpose.

Didn't the first game have a Catwoman suit that was like that one Jim Balent Elseworlds where she's got a corset on OVER her normal suit for some reason?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Whales are the strongest animal, therefore whalebone makes the strongest armor.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Was the super-pill that made everyone equal strength or whatever in the game as well as the comics?

Yes. Otherwise having a fight between Joker and Doomsday would be ridiculous.

And they didn't really make people equal, they just put normal humans on a level where they could keep up with guys like Shazam and Wonder Woman. Superman is still shown to be horribly OP in cutscenes.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Injustice takes place in the evil universe where Superman is a murdering fascist dictator and everyone's having a big action-figure-bashing fight so I actually don't mind them going full retard. It's Netherrealm, embrace the kombatika.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Squizzle posted:

Whales are the strongest animal, therefore whalebone makes the strongest armor.
Giganto are stronger because they are whales who also have arms.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

New DC Comics DLC for Dead Rising 4, featuring Frank West Aquaman

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Light Gun Man posted:

New DC Comics DLC for Dead Rising 4, featuring Frank West Aquaman

So, Nick as Vibe, Chuck as Batman and Katie would be... Raven?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ferrule posted:

Super girl may look terrible but at least she's not in a bra and mini-skirt for once.

No, now she's wearing the remains of an old vinyl couch.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
It's a bit refreshing to have female characters look ridiculous because they have too much armor/clothing.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

My tolerance for bullshit is super high but each of those injustice costumes are hot garbage being picked apart by gulls during a civic strike

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

This looks like a Second Life screenshot.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

There's a new PS4 exclusive Spider-Man game coming, not sure if it's supposed to be tied into the MCU or whatever but here's Spidy's costume.

His eyes animate like the MCU costume.

Veotax fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jun 14, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

By Insomniac, the Ratchet and Clank guys.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oooh, I like that suit. The white actually looks neat.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

The white spider is also on the back, looked about the same size as the one on the front.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The game looks amazing, but the costumes totally blows.

Hopefully the thing it takes from those Activision games is a ton of suit unlocks.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The white's not bad but the red panels on the pants are silly.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Waiting for the photoshop where they fill it in black.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Veotax posted:

There's a new PS4 exclusive Spider-Man game coming, not sure if it's supposed to be tied into the MCU or whatever but here's Spidy's costume.

What an awful suit.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Spider-Man: Injustice Edition.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

That Spidey suit is horrible. The white clashes with the red - you need more white accents to make it fit. I dunno, it just doesn't work.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Game looks cool, costume looks terrible. If it's a fun Spider-Man game I'll get over the costume, with or without costume unlocks (God knows I hate pretty much every Assassin's Creed outfit but I like the game where you're a Pirate).

I get why the movies try different thing with the costume, because you have to make something that looks good with an actual human wearing the suit, talking to people. But for video games, just stick to the loving Ditko suit.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Gaz-L posted:

I liked when DC did Wednesday Comics and Walt Simonson wrote him in iambic pentameter because he'd been promoted up the hierarchy of demons.

Don't throw your vote away this year,
stand with the one your heart most fears!

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Veotax posted:

I don't get why you would go for such radical departures when there is a recently established look in a billion dollar movie.
That white spider is just 100% wrong and out of place. Thankfully all of these games have endless alternative costumes so it won't be a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

isn't that the agent venom symbol

spiderman stop stealing other people's symbols you thief you have your own

• Locked thread