Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Herr Doktor Kreig posted:

Overwatch is a video game

Debate me

Counterpoint: it's a way of life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
its good much in the same way that fried chicken is good

mainly: its good

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
OK guys thanks so much for letting me know not to purchase such a bad game. You saved me lots of dollars.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Hustlin Floh posted:

OK guys thanks so much for letting me know not to purchase such a bad game. You saved me lots of dollars.

im calling you out I think you already own it

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

Hustlin Floh posted:

no its good actually you should buy it. buy the regular edition tho, dont be like me and let blizzard trick you into buying the origins edition lol. its still very good tho. very very good

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Got home and played some overwatch for a couple hours. Ended the night when brutally crushed a team on a Winston gimmick team, then nobly lost on a Junkrat gimmick team, what a good game

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

jumping on overwatch right now! gotta buy a loot crate first lol

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

the great deceiver posted:

hopefully i can blow some people up as junkrat.

Junkrat does not blow people up. He enables people to destroy themselves.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

jumping on overwatch right now! gotta buy a loot crate first lol

It's pretty nuts that people are buying those crates. Considering you get a free one every time you level up (I've gotten 31 so far).

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

wayne curr posted:

It's pretty nuts that people are buying those crates. Considering you get a free one every time you level up (I've gotten 31 so far).

you dont understand i need those sweet skins NOW

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
MY D.VA WILL NOT BE MY PRETTY PRINCESS WAIFU UNLESS I PAY THE COST

*blows kiss at printed out d_va.jpg posted on wall in bedroom*

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

actually roadhog is my waifu

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

Neurolimal posted:

Its p funny that the game they were hoping would become an esports juggernaut (HotS] is underforming, and the "well lets get some value out of this failed project" (Doberwatch) is phenomenally successful

i always thought that heroes of the storm was a bit of a johnny come lately

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
i like to start my over watch sessions off with a laugh because the b.net client is always like CHECK OUT THE LATEST HEROES OF THE DORM MATCH and im all like "lol these dumb fucks are sitting in their dorm worried about APM instead of chowing box"

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Well I honestly woke up in a bit of a fugue state. I checked the thread and I saw that some people had a misinformed opinion about overwatch I believe what they were saying was that over lunch was good. Let me clear the air let me bring some understanding to this scenario let me bring some clarity to the issue. Over watch is bad

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
it's like the thing where you see a goblet or two faces in profile. you must shed your illusions and see the deeper thruth, that overwatch, is good

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I got the origins edition and got some medallion in the package, an overwatch medallion

What the ficj am i supposed to do with this garbage

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Zzulu posted:

I got the origins edition and got some medallion in the package, an overwatch medallion

congratulations you are now a member of overwatch

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Cool, now i can go out and brutally murder other members of overwatch, just like in the game

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zzulu posted:

Wear it to the disco.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

gently caress condolences :(

yeah man you think your life is rough ? psh. the things i've seen ... the things i've had to do ... to game on a mac

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Hustlin Floh posted:

I'm glad we could be of service in helping you to avoid this bad game, which is bad :)

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I've read the tea leaves. They say that the game is good.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
nah, it's bad

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

the spirit world seems to disagree

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Germstore posted:

the spirit world seems to disagree

What's the spirit world's favorite character?

Is it the skeleton ghost or the robo-angel?

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
well they're lying to you, because overwatch is not good, and is in fact bad

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i'm sick of hearing from your poc when does dr whatley come on shift?

tie-dye my titties
Jun 14, 2014

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
You know that knife of king tut they found out was made out of meteorite? Well there was actually an inscription on it in an ancient tongue long lost to the sands of time. Only now have we been able to decipher the screed, and it states "overwatch is good". All hail the old gods and their wisdom

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

GRANNY SUGASLUTZZ posted:

You know that knife of king tut they found out was made out of meteorite? Well there was actually an inscription on it in an ancient tongue long lost to the sands of time. Only now have we been able to decipher the screed, and it states "overwatch is good". All hail the old gods and their wisdom

I don't need to hear about King Tut. I know he plays the Egyptian Gundam Woman.

I want to know about the spirits.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Zzulu posted:

award it to someone who played a good game

or flip it to decide if the game is bad

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

I don't need to hear about King Tut. I know he plays the Egyptian Gundam Woman.

I want to know about the spirits.

Tea leaves aren't that clear. I asked with my Ouija board and all i get was, "GET REKT NOOB".

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
welp guys i decided to look into this game because of all the hubbub but i searched and searched through the steam store to no avail! then i start asking questions and apparently the company that makes this games thinks its too good for steam? all i can say is "what a bunch of dumb morons", tell me when they wise up and get with the times

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I'm sitting at a loving railyard looking out over a sea of twisted disgusting painted metal and all I can think about is that overwatch is bad

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I'm a traveler from the future and in 2018 "in god we trust" was replaced by "overwatch is good" on american currency.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Germstore posted:

I'm a traveler from the future and in 2018 "in god we trust" was replaced by "overwatch is good" on american currency.
should have been "trust me, it's good"

future is poo poo

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

you should see the state the EU is in. the euro has been replaced by overwatch loot boxes.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Pitdragon posted:

welp guys i decided to look into this game because of all the hubbub but i searched and searched through the steam store to no avail! then i start asking questions and apparently the company that makes this games thinks its too good for steam? all i can say is "what a bunch of dumb morons", tell me when they wise up and get with the times

Doesn't blizzard sell all of their poo poo exclusively on their own?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Wicker Man posted:

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh

Wicker Man posted:

You can only buy games from the Microsoft store

• Locked thread