Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
Dangit. -shakes fist at NEFR-

Here's that link again for those of you who haven't filled it out

If you could do us a huge favor :3: and check boxes on which weekends are good for you we'll see how we do :v:

Edit: Nice pagesnipe, self.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

C'mon Ken, you gotta come!

Also wanna ride in the Aussie Rape Van.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
The weekend of August 20th looks good for everyone. Any objections?

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Noise Complaint posted:

sounds good to me.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Noise Complaint posted:

On a scale of bathtub to swimming pool, how much chili are you making?

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

Noise Complaint posted:

I share Ken's sentiments on this, I'm ridiculously busy all summer and can't calendar five months ahead. That said, the 20th looks decent.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I'm down.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
Works for me! :v:

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Sure. I'll be there. I'm a buzzkill anyhow.
Unsure what vehicle is coming along, or if they'll be a new addition. I just gave my tenant his notice, out by the end of May. That'll free up 3 parking spots at the house.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Haha that's so far out. I don't think I have any plans. My first NEAI. :kimchi:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
I'LL BRING THE BOOM STICKS

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Here's something a little sooner. Anyone planning on going to the NY International Auto Show? March 25 - April 3rd. Not strictly New England, but I figure it's a reasonable distance.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

That would require people who own vehicles that can go that far without rusting straight to dust.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

NYC is a bit of a drive, but that does sound cool. What's also cool is the Owls head wings and wheels car show. Antique airplanes, antique cars, free to get in if you drive an antique.

http://owlshead.org/events/detail/wings-and-wheels-spectacular

I have access to a pile of antique cars if anyone wants to get in for free :v:

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

chrisgt posted:

NYC is a bit of a drive, but that does sound cool. What's also cool is the Owls head wings and wheels car show. Antique airplanes, antique cars, free to get in if you drive an antique.

http://owlshead.org/events/detail/wings-and-wheels-spectacular

I have access to a pile of antique cars if anyone wants to get in for free :v:

I think the cars have to be mobile, in a self propelling manner, not a veritable pile of rust-dust propelled wherever the wind takes it.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

ssjonizuka posted:

I think the cars have to be mobile, in a self propelling manner, not a veritable pile of rust-dust propelled wherever the wind takes it.

or a diesel Merc that will take ~2 weeks to make the trip.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

Slippery Tilde
Sooooooo... Can we lock in the 20th? I wanna book planes :v:

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

August 20th it is! Same weekend as last year. We should use that going forward.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Noise Complaint posted:

August 20th it is! Same weekend as last year. We should use that going forward.

That was a great weekend last year.

*PERFECT IN EVERY WAY*

Let me know if/when you're planning on doing this spring BBQ too.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Sandbagger SA posted:

That was a great weekend last year.

*PERFECT IN EVERY WAY*

Let me know if/when you're planning on doing this spring BBQ too.

I'm planning on having people down as soon as the weather gets decently nice and we're out of mud season, maybe in May at some point.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

ssjonizuka posted:

sharkytm posted:

or a diesel Merc that will take ~2 weeks to make the trip.

So much love for my cars :3:

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

Slippery Tilde
IDS HABBENDING

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
paging mightyhorse

I found something for you at a used bookstore.

Can't remember if you have any 84s, grabbed it anyways.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Just bumping for shits and giggles and to mention that NEAI is going to be at my farm in Lebanon, CT. More details to come.

I'm going to personally guarantee that I will cook breakfast for everyone that's coming with fresh eggs from my chickens.

I'm also not responsible for retarded goons that get kicked by the horses...

Noise Complaint fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Apr 15, 2016

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

On that note -- Does anyone want a free 1m OBD2 extension cable? I got an extra one I will bring to NEAI.

Bathroom Surprise
Feb 15, 2005

Hmm, didn't realize it would be so close, may have to stop lurking for a minute and drop by, East Hampton here

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

v689fbird posted:

Hmm, didn't realize it would be so close, may have to stop lurking for a minute and drop by, East Hampton here

Nice. Used to do a lot of landscaping there a few years ago. Springfield here.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Nice. Used to do a lot of landscaping there a few years ago. Springfield here.

East Hampton is a town in CT right by me. Easthampton is in MA by you, hah.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Ah I thought he just spelt it wrong.

Jeff Gerber
Jul 22, 2007
Well it ain't soy sauce!
If this isn't the right place for this i'll delete the post, i'm just not sure where else to ask.

Are there any AI goons in the Augusta Maine area?

I'm trying to find a good spot to car camp up there for work this summer to avoid commuting every day, or renting a room, and hoping to either get some advice or find someone with some property i can park on. I won't make a mess and i won't poo poo on your lawn.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Jeff Gerber posted:

If this isn't the right place for this i'll delete the post, i'm just not sure where else to ask.

Are there any AI goons in the Augusta Maine area?

I'm trying to find a good spot to car camp up there for work this summer to avoid commuting every day, or renting a room, and hoping to either get some advice or find someone with some property i can park on. I won't make a mess and i won't poo poo on your lawn.

"Just off the highway" :laffo:

But no- I'm actually from Kittery.

I used to camp in Augusta in front of the National Guard Armory on Western Ave during drill weekends when I was on duty. I wouldn't suggest that.

Jeff Gerber
Jul 22, 2007
Well it ain't soy sauce!

Sandbagger SA posted:

"Just off the highway" :laffo:

But no- I'm actually from Kittery.

I used to camp in Augusta in front of the National Guard Armory on Western Ave during drill weekends when I was on duty. I wouldn't suggest that.

Sup fellow southern Maine goon. Acton here.

Yeah, I've gotten busted by local cops and a park ranger for "illegal camping" (or something to that effect) before on MDI, not really looking to replicate that experience with the Army.

I've thought about trying the truck parking in the gardener service plaza, that might work for a bit. There is also the possibility of the wal-mart parking lot. I know they have an open park policy (at least in Maine) for RVs and trucks. I'm sure a car that moved every day would be alright. I want to try for a bit more privacy if i can.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Was going to suggest Walmart as a last ditch option. They don't care basically.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/california-woman-found-dead-hidden-car-parking-lot-article-1.2527585

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

January:

February:

Yeah, Walmart really doesn't care.

Lt.
Nov 25, 2015

Simple. Efficient. Glorious.
Ai babby checking in. I'm around Hamden usually or up at Uconn for the school year. Recently picked up an 07 g35x and am just starting to get into cars as more than people movers.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Jeff Gerber posted:

I've thought about trying the truck parking in the gardener service plaza, that might work for a bit. There is also the possibility of the wal-mart parking lot. I know they have an open park policy (at least in Maine) for RVs and trucks. I'm sure a car that moved every day would be alright. I want to try for a bit more privacy if i can.

The Gardiner service plaza is actually fairly nice and not THAT far from disgusta. Good luck.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Anyone have a recommendation for a place that does the clear film to protect leading edges? Tried ringing around the Boston area and not getting much luck.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

BigPaddy posted:

Anyone have a recommendation for a place that does the clear film to protect leading edges? Tried ringing around the Boston area and not getting much luck.

You mean like the 3M clear bra type stuff? I have a buddy here in Western MA that does that for dealerships.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Who dat? Mike j?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Wrar and I are sitting here at work bullshitting, and i just had a AI as gently caress idea.

Wrar (and now I) are planning on coming up for the insanity of NEAI Summer Clusterfuck.

I had the crazy idea we tow up my dead subaru WRX wagon, find a donor engine (EJ205), swap it in, and drive the subaru back (everything but the driving part while drinking).

Wrar and I figure that for peak insanity we really pile it on, drag it to VA, meet up with Adibiatic and LaF, then tow it up with Literally a FIsh's vanasty from VA.

• Locked thread