Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I don't like this expansion pack very much: PS+ store expansion pack 2: Salt and Wine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Ineffiable posted:

I don't like this expansion pack very much: PS+ store expansion pack 2: Salt and Whine.

FTFY

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ineffiable posted:

I don't like this expansion pack very much: PS+ store expansion pack 2: Salt and Wine.

That's perfect. I'll be doing that NBA game soon, maybe I'll even stream it if my internet can handle it

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Saoshyant posted:

Oh yeah, surprising no one, Andrew "Who's in Da" House on interview with Gamasutra mentioned how the Neo is based on the smartphone cycle, and also that it won't be shown on E3 because no games currently take advantage of it.

Someone will obviously chime in as I mention this in favor for this type of thing, but I haven't read one person on the internet say they want consoles to release on a smartphone type cycle and why that sort of thing would be good for console gaming, it's always just said that this is the direction things are going.

Much like I don't buy a new cell phone every year or every 3-4 years for that matter, I'm not interested in paying full price, or in this case maybe even more than what the PS4 cost at launch, for a console upgrade. The only way I would buy a PS4 Neo is if my current PS4 broke and I feel like a lot more people probably have that attitude than are willing to accept a smartphone console cycle.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
One of the big selling points of consoles is that they are simple, painless, and will reliably run games that are released for them at least moderately well. If Sony expects me to buy the latest console just so when I buy a brand new game it won't play like rear end, I might as well just make the jump to PC.

The cell phone cycle works because everyone has them, uses them constantly and they are easily broken/given out with plans, this isn't true for consoles and trying to give them a similar cycle is dumb as hell.

PsychoInternetHawk fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jun 12, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

One of the big selling points of consoles is that they are simple, painless, and will reliably run games that are released for them at least moderately well. If Sony expects me to buy the latest console just so when I buy a brand new game it won't play like rear end, I might as well just make the jump to PC.

1. They dont
2. Your games already run like rear end

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Real hurthling! posted:

1. They dont
2. Your games already run like rear end

No they just run worse then pc. There are some standouts that run horribly (fallout 4) then there are some that run just fine (overwatch) then there are some worse on pc then console (MKX and Arkham Knight)
Also its very obvious to see which is more painful, when you look at a game that just released on console all you see in advice on the game, the second it comes out for pc, theres a good 10 pages of posts about random rig checks. Theres literally nothing wrong with being a pc or a console guy, preferably be both.

Also at that point just sell a console with upgradeable parts, but then its a pc.

But this is no different then when sony jumped at 3d and then it went nowhere.

4K is still to young to be a focus for consoles.
VR is still in early adoption phases.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Probably just relax though

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
7 8 9 10

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SerenityNOW!!!!!

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Some Kojima length cutscenes in NBA2k16. Also Lee's writing is about as blunt as it could possibly be and your team owner comes across like an unhinged psychopath. That cutscene felt like it was a half hour long. God drat.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Jolo posted:

Some Kojima length cutscenes in NBA2k16. Also Lee's writing is about as blunt as it could possibly be and your team owner comes across like an unhinged psychopath. That cutscene felt like it was a half hour long. God drat.

To be fair, Vic is a piece of poo poo and the team owner has every right to be mad that someone like that is associated with one of his star players.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
man this thread lost it's cool real quick. used to be that someone would say a thing like "my mom said this wasnt a game" and would get interrogated about the situation and then trashed.

gone home was pretty cool, i thought.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Gone Home has always been a touchy subject. It got a raft of poo poo when it came out that it didn't deserve. Just have to expect it whenever it's mentioned.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Jolo posted:

Lee is either just an idiot hack anymore or he was like "gently caress it, Videogames, what do I care?!"

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

SectumSempra posted:

No they just run worse then pc. There are some standouts that run horribly (fallout 4) then there are some that run just fine (overwatch) then there are some worse on pc then console (MKX and Arkham Knight)
Also its very obvious to see which is more painful, when you look at a game that just released on console all you see in advice on the game, the second it comes out for pc, theres a good 10 pages of posts about random rig checks. Theres literally nothing wrong with being a pc or a console guy, preferably be both.
I like both, but I am also used to lagging behind with poo poo PC specs so I honestly didn't notice Fallout 4 running badly on PS4 at all. That's very much how every Bethesda game has run for me since Oblivion

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Feenix posted:

Lee is either just an idiot hack anymore or he was like "gently caress it, Videogames, what do I care?!"

It's also possible they only use part of what he wrote and just re-wrote the rest of it, like when HOMEFRONT touted John Milius' name around for a while until he turned out they basically just took the premise from something he'd written and did the rest themselves.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
Anyone having issues with PS Plus NBA2k16?

Just got a console last week and downloaded the game (it hasn't finished the whole 50gig download, but the game can be started). All you can do is play a 1v1 match. It just says copying game stuck at 32% "some features will not be present".

Does the entire download need to finish for it to copy?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

Anyone having issues with PS Plus NBA2k16?

Just got a console last week and downloaded the game (it hasn't finished the whole 50gig download, but the game can be started). All you can do is play a 1v1 match. It just says copying game stuck at 32% "some features will not be present".

Does the entire download need to finish for it to copy?

The entire download has to finish to have access to more than just 1v1.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?

univbee posted:

The entire download has to finish to have access to more than just 1v1.

Ah ok that makes sense, thanks.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

poo poo, I wish I had played it while it was downloading. All I want is like half an hour on a concrete court by myself to acclimate to the controls, but I can't seem to find that. I don't wanna commit to an entire game right off the bat. I stumbled into what appeared to be a combo training mode right out of a fighting game lol

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
NBA 2k16 is basically the perfect PS Plus game for me. I don't like sports but the story and presentation of this seem amazing, and this isn't a game I would have bought otherwise.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

What was in the E3 Experience digital goodie bag? I fell asleep and didn't feel like going to the theatre.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

enojy posted:

What was in the E3 Experience digital goodie bag? I fell asleep and didn't feel like going to the theatre.

It was supposed to be 10 PSN bux and since other crap but my theater also for some reason didn't seem to have poo poo to give us. I'm not sure if they're emailing the codes or what but if not that's sort of now sours me on what was a pretty okay e3

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

teenagers probably stole them all

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I got a cup, a crappy Playstation E3 experience branded poster, a branded little trash card, and a lanyard dealie that has a code with a bunch of small digital stuff that I don't remember all of because you don't get it all right away (it's not a PSN code, you put it in on an e3 site and it said I'd get my stuff in the coming month) and I wasn't paying attention for the 5 seconds you saw on the screen.

I remember one of them being a theme for Horizon Zero Dawn, and another being the first Michael Bay TMNT movie for whatever reason.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Damnit, so they just didn't have the crap they were supposed to have? loving bullshit

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I bet they'll get you a code if you email someone about it, if your theater had nothing. Bummed I missed out on the $10 credit, it was $5 last year. But I did probably save around $10 in gas by staying home and watching the stream so whateva

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Wow gas is expensive where you live

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

It's not too bad, the theater is just about 25 miles away and I drive a sorta-gas guzzler.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Psn has re7 under the demo section but no demo download button

Fart

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Worked fine for me earlier

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Worked fine for me earlier

How is it?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Real hurthling! posted:

Psn has re7 under the demo section but no demo download button

Fart
Still an improvement from last night

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't know I've been at a museum with my niece a nephew all day

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
My favourite part of NBA 2K16 so far was playing in high school, dunking on children with my almost 7' tall power forward

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

DrVenkman posted:

Well technically they're on a couple's retreat because they're having marriage problems as they're living in the house the father was molested in in 1963 and the mother is possibly cheating. The safe you find isn't the father's, it was the uncle's. The father keeps writing JFK fanfiction in which someone goes back in time to stop a terrible event because of what happened to him the same year Kennedy died.

I mean on a surface level sure that's right, but I thought it was great with its storytelling without being explicit about anything.

Oh man, I read all the things, got all the story, but I never made that connection about the father's books.

Did anyone else think that the mother wrote the bodice-ripping book about having an affair with a firefighter? She's the wife of a writer, had an affair exactly like that, putting her experience into a secretly written steamy pot-boiler that is more successful than her husband's books is absolutely a thing I can see happening.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
E3 sale up.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Is AC4 worth $12? I hate the genetic memory crap and just want a fun pirate game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I saw battlefield 4 for $4.79 but then it stopped loading for me. Some other good deals too

• Locked thread