Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Nyeehg posted:

Uncanny! :monocle:

ManofManyAliases posted:

The "price" of ships is not required to continue play as is DLC in those games. The exception here will be Episodes 2 and 3 of SQ42. Barring those releases, ship "prices" have no bearing on your ability to (eventually) travel to different worlds, etc.

Aw poo poo, I still think I was pretty close

edit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

The "price" of ships is not required to continue play as is DLC in those games. The exception here will be Episodes 2 and 3 of SQ42. Barring those releases, ship "prices" have no bearing on your ability to (eventually) travel to different worlds, etc.

As written in the holy TOS everything is subject to change, there won't actually be an Episode 2 or 3 now, episode 1 is also looking extremely unlikely.

No refunds.

Sucks to be you.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

ManofManyAliases posted:

Episodes 2 and 3 of SQ42.
You can't honestly be serious

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Daztek posted:

lol, I like how you even refuse to answer a honest innocent question

I don't know, he's probably being honest.

Look at the hardcore Star Citizen cultists, they often tout really mundane things that CIG is doing like it's something new and amazing, because they probably haven't touched a game since the last Wing Commander or whatever.

Like OMG CIG added Persistence! I'm so amazed that Star Citizen will be able to save the clothes that I buy in a game, this is so revolutionary!

Ironically the guys shouting the mantra of "You don't know anything about game development" probably haven't even played a proper game in over a decade. It's why dreams are so easy to sell to them - they have no reference for realistic comparisons.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Goobs posted:

Rest in peace Kitsa. My fuzzy bobble head friend. I'm a loving wreck right now.

Really sorry to hear it buddy, condolences.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

ManofManyAliases posted:

IDk - ask CIG. I'm not hear to sidetrack you guys or bring anything off topic, or whatever nonsense narrative you want to attach.

BTW - your post is poo poo.

I am

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Ben Parry, CIG developer, commenting on Elite Dangerous on the Frontier forums:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

ManofManyAliases posted:

Hearts, MS Hover, Pinball . . .

Confirming that CIG's understanding of game development comes from Win95.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

ManofManyAliases posted:

IDk - ask CIG. I'm not hear to sidetrack you guys or bring anything off topic, or whatever nonsense narrative you want to attach.

BTW - your post is poo poo.

Struck a nerve eh?

Ok new question; why were you so concerned with the ToS minutae before but now you're interested in getting off that topic now?

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

A Neurotic Jew posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4o1qtx/lets_talk_about_call_of_duty/

check out the laundry list of disclaimers that had to be made at the top of this post! :eyepop:

many :words: later....

The post ends with, you guessed it, more disclaimers

parpcorn.gif

On that same thread just in, the most informed voice about SC since he was a little girl says:

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

Perhaps I was unclear? I am well aware that DLC is technically an optional purchase.

However, DLC appeals to the completionists among us who want to get every item or get through the game with as little grind as possible. As Star Citizen has "Limited" runs on certain ships, this makes the purchase of DLC feel necessary to these completionists since they know they won't have 100% completion without the DLC.

With that in mind, my follow up question: Do you feel that Star Citizen's ships are priced fairly ($35-2500 each) when compared to the price of a season pass for a AAA game (between $25-50)? If yes, explain why.

And no, "it's an optional purchase" isn't a valid answer. ALL video games are optional purchases.

Nyeehg fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jun 14, 2016

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Hey MoMA, you said earlier you had a lot of fun in 2.4, What did you actually do in the game? Even Annabelle Boo Huxley could write up a little piece about what she did, don't let her outshill you man.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

MedicineHut posted:

On that same thread just in, the most informed voice about SC since he was a little girl says:

To be fair Dolvak can take people joking in his stream a lot better than WTFOSAURUS can.

Though he was playing Overwatch rather than Star Citizen, so maybe that helped a lot.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Nation posted:

moma do you believe a significant portion of the project has been delivered?

This. Is this product minimally viable? As a backer I mean.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6743330/#Comment_6743330

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Berious posted:

I don't know what kind of poo poo but I know it's PILED HIGH

They say poo poo, you say HOW HIGH

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Mice knelt down.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

I skipped around the IIN video and an hour in they are celebrating that now the 'basic foundations are almost done' we can expect a 'deluge of content' just like we did after 2.0 :psyduck:

A delude of content.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

XK posted:

Ben Parry, CIG developer, commenting on Elite Dangerous on the Frontier forums:

his message board "level" or whatever is pretty ironic

XK
Jul 9, 2001

To paraphrase, "The USE thing is going away." I want to put that on a calendar and count the days until it never happens.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Why do they even do these things anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuQ0hMZybhM

Why do I post them

notquitecaughtupwiththethrad.gif

:kayak:Holy gently caress. There's always more, and its always worse.:kayak:

:kayak:So pumped for :kayak: smilies:kayak:

his nibs fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jun 14, 2016

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

AP posted:

To be fair Dolvak can take people joking in his stream a lot better than WTFOSAURUS can.

Though he was playing Overwatch rather than Star Citizen, so maybe that helped a lot.

I think he basically resigned himself to the fact that 80% of his viewers are goons and has to roll with it for viewer count.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Sunswipe posted:

Wasn't the plot something like there's been a massive sneak attack that's wiped out huge chunks of the military so you're the commanding officer by virtue of being the highest ranking officer left?

Yeah, sneak attack erases all earth surface military, you're in the middle of it when it happens, you and the remains hop in a space plane, regroup in orbit and start the fight back.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Nyeehg posted:

Ben Lesnick?

MoMA, I know it's a joke that you work/are a shill for CiG but I have a genuine question: Bearing in mind that the AAA competition of CoD or Mass Effect will release at around $60-120 (inc DLC) are the current prices for ships in Star Citizen (between $35-2500 last time I checked) fair in your opinion? If yes, please explain why.

CIG needs the money for development, Activision is just filling their pockets with the sucker's money.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

imperialparadox posted:

I don't know, he's probably being honest.

Look at the hardcore Star Citizen cultists, they often tout really mundane things that CIG is doing like it's something new and amazing, because they probably haven't touched a game since the last Wing Commander or whatever.

This.

Chris Roberts doesn't like games, Chris Roberts doesn't play games. He doesn't know how to plug in a joystick into a computer and even when he's spent $100 million on developing a game he needs instructions from random people around him when playing. The whales feel a special connection to him due to their shared dislike of games

They've grown fat, old and impotent and rather wait ten years for the new metallica album Chris Roberts space game than stain their hands with a wiimote or anything else made this millennium

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Nation posted:

moma why would a successful game studio that has told the media it is releasing a game this year have to prepare a tos that strips all consumer rights and erases all past promises/pledges made by the company to gain funding?

Because, you see, Chris.....when Ben said....Sandi is......um....Best drat Space Sim Ever! :worship:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Lossed.jpg

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Goobs posted:

RIP good catte

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

But he's so curvy ~uGu~

:barf:

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Goobs posted:

Woke up this AM and Kitsa was in visible pain, wouldn't move from his laying down position and wouldn't even eat his favorite treats. He was making a low growling sound every time he exhaled so we decided to take him in today.

Rest in peace, tiny bear :(

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

imperialparadox posted:

I think that Chris is literally stuck in the 90's - that's why he thinks that he is "saving PC gaming" and everything that they do on Star Citizen is revolutionary and new. The man can't even play his own game, and he references things like Rockstar like he's some old guy mimicking what he overheard those kids talking about the other day; I don't think that he's really aware enough to understand how behind the curve his game looks now.

I think that Chris is unstuck.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
My co-worker's parents' kittens

:3:

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Has anyone said "The Worst drat Space Sim Ever"? TWDSSE.

~heh~ you can thank me for that one. You're welcome. *tips fedora with SC patch* My mom sewed it on for me.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Nation posted:

Every single promise or pledge Chris Roberts made to get people to back his game is gone, he just asked that the people who funded this entire endeavour sign up to a new star citizen, one without a promise to deliver anything, without a single notion of accountability, poo poo if i see some oval office putting his lifejacket on, getting into the lifeboat but telling me to stay calm i'm definitely going to think twice.

Oh and moma please suck a big fat dickkkkkkk

Then give us a loving, passionate description followed by an explanation of how the best known cocksuckers do it wrong?

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

In a last-ditch effort to save his sanity, MoMA's puppetmaster defense has developed sentience.

In his head, he is trolling us.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

MeLKoR posted:

CIG needs the money for development, Activision is just filling their pockets with the sucker's money.

It's impressive that Activision was able to make a game without spending any money on it. CIG really did things the hard way I guess.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Soul Crashing Lag posted:

Star Citizen is and always will be more than a triple A game.
So much more.
Star Citizen speaks to the pure essence of humanity and the porpoise of human beings and I firmly believe that this is why there are so many passionate people on both sides of the fence.
Please raise your hand if you have made at least one heartfelt connection with another human being while being part of this project in any shapre or form.

<raises hands> The Goons.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

I'm the heat shimmer in space.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

orcinus posted:

I'm the heat shimmer in space.

you ruined my immersion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
You see, Star Citizen and Squadron 42 are going to be the best games ever, it's all being refactored right now.

• Locked thread