Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Using vigorous scientific methods, i.e. actually going in game and remaining inactive, I've concluded that the inactivity timer, far from being 15 seconds as some have claimed, is actually closer to 1 minute plus (I put it at about 1.22). This is if you're actually inactive and don't even pick a hero, if you do then I can only assume it would be longer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdzzy1Of6ss

As far as the "finding a balanced game" thing goes, that also doesn't take an hour, as if you're getting comprehensively stomped, as we often did in the premade we had, within two games or so (each lasting not very long, what with the aforementioned stomping) it dropped us and found us a more balanced game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

RanKizama posted:

Does Mercy's damage boost affect Junkrat's bomb lobbing to any effective degree? I know it makes Zarya's rockets pretty hilarious in terms of damage spam.

I read somewhere it affects the bombs when they explode, not when they're shot. I assume that's the case for all projectiles.

esquilax
Jan 3, 2003

WoodrowSkillson posted:

lol no, gently caress that i am not waiting around to get shitstomped while 2 yahoos on my team perfect the art of the Offensive Bastion and Ground Level Only Junkrat

Teams get shuffled after each map, at the worst you only have to wait one more game before half the chucklefucks are on the other team

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Yeah I've never had a stomp that lasted more than one game, people drop and teams get shuffled so it sorts itself out. Plus properly one-sided matches are over in a few minutes.

I don't really mind getting stomped though, it's quite fun to swap between heroes trying to find something that might break the defense.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Can you actually see your MMR or are goons just assuming that their offensive Torbjorn is getting shitstomped by McCree because they're paired with elite Korean hit squads.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

esquilax posted:

Teams get shuffled after each map, at the worst you only have to wait one more game before half the chucklefucks are on the other team

Except when they don't get shuffled after each map V:shobon:V

subx
Jan 12, 2003

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Macaluso posted:

Except when they don't get shuffled after each map V:shobon:V

They get shuffled at the end of each "match" - an offense and defense (or just the end of the map if it's KotH). Unless you are against a premade, the teams will get shuffled, regardless of how bad the wins and losses were.

ItBurns posted:

Can you actually see your MMR or are goons just assuming that their offensive Torbjorn is getting shitstomped by McCree because they're paired with elite Korean hit squads.

It's hidden, and I'm not sure what the rest of your statement meant, but it is really easy to test that MMR is definitely a real thing (not to mentioned it is confirmed in numerous posts from Blizzard).

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

esquilax posted:

So? Why do i need to gut it through another garbage round? Once we lose convincingly cause of idiots, i'm out. We lose in a competitive game, or even just get outclassed, I'll stick around to try and get pull one out next time.

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

subx posted:

They get shuffled at the end of each "match" - an offense and defense (or just the end of the map if it's KotH). Unless you are against a premade, the teams will get shuffled, regardless of how bad the wins and losses were.

It's hidden, and I'm not sure what the rest of your statement meant, but it is really easy to test that MMR is definitely a real thing (not to mentioned it is confirmed in numerous posts from Blizzard).

MMR is definitely a real thing. Playing with goon 6 stacks puts me up against significantly more skilled opponents than when I queue with my level 13 friend who has never played FPS games before.

subx
Jan 12, 2003

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

So? Why do i need to gut it through another garbage round? Once we lose convincingly cause of idiots, i'm out. We lose in a competitive game, or even just get outclassed, I'll stick around to try and get pull one out next time.

Personally, if people leave between matches, I'm not upset. At least they didn't leave in the middle making it even worse for their team.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Now people are bitching about people leaving matches after they're over? Jesus christ this thread sucks.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

subx posted:

I'm not sure what the rest of your statement meant, but it is really easy to test that MMR is definitely a real thing (not to mentioned it is confirmed in numerous posts from Blizzard).

I'm not questioning that it's real, just that at least 500 people have posted something along the lines of "when you're at my MMR all you do is die constantly", as if you could actually tell what it was.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Kamikaze Raider posted:

Now people are bitching about people leaving matches after they're over? Jesus christ this thread sucks.

If you leave the game in order to requeue then you're not only actively making your own wait times longer than they need to be, but you're also increasing the wait times for everyone else because surprise, surprise the matchmaking system, in an effort to make a match, will not continue the game if half the players leave, meaning those who wait around are dropped back to the menu, and are then forced to requeue.

If you ever complain about people having fun at other people's expense, i.e. being the third Hanzo or whatever, and you do this consistently, you're also guilty, even if it's a less obvious example.

Turns out the one weird trick to decreasing your matchmaking queues is to not try to game them.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'd rather wait around an extra 30 seconds than have to play with people more than once

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Ddraig posted:

If you leave the game in order to requeue then you're not only actively making your own wait times longer than they need to be, but you're also increasing the wait times for everyone else because surprise, surprise the matchmaking system, in an effort to make a match, will not continue the game if half the players leave, meaning those who wait around are dropped back to the menu, and are then forced to requeue.

If you ever complain about people having fun at other people's expense, i.e. being the third Hanzo or whatever, and you do this consistently, you're also guilty, even if it's a less obvious example.

Turns out the one weird trick to decreasing your matchmaking queues is to not try to game them.

it's not gaming them to refuse to play with morons. Not my problem if you have to wait 30 more seconds to start the next round. Tough poo poo.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Who cares about matchmaking time? People just want to have good games.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Kamikaze Raider posted:

I mean I think it's just the one guy

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Ddraig posted:

I leave games before they start if people make bad picks because I'd rather wait 10 more seconds for a fun game where people care about mechanics (win or lose) than waste my time watching some 6 year old hold M1 and W. If the third Hanzo has to wait for another game then oh well, it's on him for making the assumption that 5 other people had an obligation to deal with his poo poo or being too oblivious to care at which point there are no losers.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I leave matches after they are over whether I win or lose. I solo queue and I like playing with different people. Sorry I am ruining the game for you I'll go commit seppuku.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

WoodrowSkillson posted:

it's not gaming them to refuse to play with morons. Not my problem if you have to wait 30 more seconds to start the next round. Tough poo poo.

Yes, it's clearly everyone else who is a moron.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Ddraig posted:

Not everyone, some people, who make it unfun to play the game since they just do dumb poo poo and handicap you.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

this thread is very unchill, again

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Ddraig posted:

It seems like it's just you.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Indecisive posted:

this thread is very unchill, again

Yes, it is. Bring it back a bit, hey?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Leaving a game lobby to find a new one is a perfectly acceptable thing to do between rounds. Rage quitting during actual combat is a baby's move.

The End.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I've actually been in the same lobby since the game came out because I am just that paranoid about getting a deserter debuff. However I should mention I'm doing this with a little help from an old friend:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

I've actually been in the same lobby since the game came out because I am just that paranoid about getting a deserter debuff. However I should mention I'm doing this with a little help from an old friend:

Reported for botting.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
So apparently 6 genjis verses 6 Lucios on the Spartan pit level of ilios will never conclude.

Until some rear end in a top hat cheats and goes junk rat, but the bright side is the match will give you 9k XP.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

ColHannibal posted:

So apparently 6 genjis verses 6 Lucios on the Spartan pit level of ilios will never conclude.

Until some rear end in a top hat cheats and goes junk rat, but the bright side is the match will give you 9k XP.

Wait what? Do you get more XP the longer the match goes on for??

LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

Let's wish for a space whale!
Yeah "Time Played" is an XP category.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Up the consecutive game xp and maybe people will suffer for their loot boxes. I can't even grab a beer or a piss without getting afk kicked so I'm not sure what exactly I can do about leaving every 3rd game or so to do a minor task. Or why I should care one bit really.

esquilax
Jan 3, 2003

Kamikaze Raider posted:

I wasn't, I was just telling the people that rage quit after matches because "my team sucks" are going to get a better one once the map changes as well as keeping their consecutive game xp bonus. Given the probability of backfilling for an in-game ragequitter, you're probably more likely to get put on an awful lovely team by requeueing than by sticking it out.

Also if it sends you to the menu because everyone else rage quit, you still keep the consecutive game xp bonus if you don't cancel the "searching for game" message. So you get all the benefits of rage quitting but keep the bonus!

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

Worst thing with Roadhog is his stupid loving ult bug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwalDabC6hY

Wow, I thought I was just an idiot. Also, last 2 days the hook bug has been rampant for me. I had 3x in a match where a toblerone has ended up behind me and just shotgunned me. It's happening every single match.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
The problem of having 4 Hanzos has been less common now that PotG has been fixed (broken) and people actually sidestep the slow moving screen filling neon dragons which are preceded by a loud verbal warning.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
The correct way level up your MMR while solo queuing and end up playing with better people:

Pick a hero you are good with solo or who you think complements your team and get 3+ gold medals. Once the match ends vote on the match. If it's an especially bad round full of terrible people on your team who were totally useless so you got golds for 3 seconds objective time, 4 kills, and 1200 damage vote the match a minus. If it was a well fought battle vote the match a plus, win or lose. Next, commend a player you thought did well regardless of what team they were on and don't leave the match. Oftentimes the game will put the player you commended on your team the next match, so now that hacker widowmaker is on your team!

If this doesn't work and you don't end up in better games then the problem is you.

egoslicer
Jun 13, 2007
SOURCE: TW offical forum No idea why TW release it first
Brief translation:
McCree
Alternate fire
Damage decrease from 70 to 45
Time before reloading decrease from 0.75 seconds to 0.3 seconds (Probably reverse patch form this)
WidowMaker
Alternate fire (Snipe)
Base damage decrease from 15 to 12 (damage multiplier from charging doesn't change)
Headshot damage multiplier increase from x2 to x2.5
Player can only re-enter "sniping mode" after the "exit snipe mode" animation finish
Infra-Sight (Ult)
Ultimate charge cost increased by 10%
Bug Fixed
Improve custom game "High bandwidth Mode" stability
Mercy will no longer charge her ult if her right click target is shooting shield or ice wall
Reaper will no longer teleport to weird places
Fix some bugs in Dorado (Should include the Symmetra one)
Sorry if I translate anything wrong, you should check here where the offical patch note will come.

source:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4o1uiv/overwatch_patch_notes_june_14_2016/

quote:

math for the lazy
mccree FH went from
no armor, 1x FH: 420 (are you serious blizzard?) -> 270
armor, 1x FH: 390 -> 240
no armor, 2x FH: 840 -> 540
armor, 2x FH: 780 -> 480

Widow bodyshots now do 120, headshots remain 300

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

LordZoric posted:

Yeah "Time Played" is an XP category.

Yeah just asking people to fight for a few mins before capping has worked for me

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Those are both reasonable nerfs, wonder how the competitive meta will respond.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Hanzo and Soldier 76 will finally take their rightful place as long-range champions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It's finally safe for the good zen orb boy to step outside again.