Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Yay never saw the part two

DAMMIT Its still one hell of a cocktease :smith:

TehRedWheelbarrow fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jun 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

HookedOnChthonics posted:

What about shiny, proudly maintained vintage political trim? :v:

I spotted this dude just a few days after the Libertarian party convention, which if you missed it managed to provide some standout moments of absolute unfiltered crazy in an election season not at all lacking for it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d45x4OpMoow.

One single person cast a write-in vote for Ron Paul to be the presidential nominee on the first ballot.

Good lord... Just remove the stickers! He didn't even make it onto the ballot and then retired from politics, why would you still have the sticker almost a decade later?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Fayez Butts posted:

it would be cool if you werfe a paraplegic and the trigger was the clutch

I've considered similar clutch-on-shifter ideas before and the real issue is you would have to set up a vacuum booster for the clutch to get any sort of realistic clutch clamping force and still be able to fit the clutch throw in the range of your finger without making it so stiff no one could depress it.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

The Door Frame posted:

why would you still have the sticker almost a decade later?

More common than you'd think - I've seen more than one 2009 or older vehicle with one of those "W'04" oval stickers from the 2004 election.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The issue is that it's much easier to attach a bumper sticker than it is to remove one. In their political zeal they're super eager to slap that bad boy all over the bumper, but after the election. Who wants to sit in their driveway with a blow dryer trying to soften the adhesive? :smith:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Goo-gone.

And also that's why the only bumper stickers I'd get would be for elections 8 years in the future, with fictional characters.

Beavis/Butthead '24
"TP For Everyone's Bunghole"

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

xzzy posted:

The issue is that it's much easier to attach a bumper sticker than it is to remove one. In their political zeal they're super eager to slap that bad boy all over the bumper, but after the election. Who wants to sit in their driveway with a blow dryer trying to soften the adhesive? :smith:

Just slap another bumper sticker over top.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Bape Culture posted:

Good derail everyone.

At least we know where Toyota got the idea for their new Prius designs

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Just slap another bumper sticker over top.

My solution is to not slap stupid looking poo poo on my car.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

BOOTY-ADE posted:

At least we know where Toyota got the idea for their new Prius designs

Not aggressive enough.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Geoj posted:

More common than you'd think - I've seen more than one 2009 or older vehicle with one of those "W'04" oval stickers from the 2004 election.

there's a guy down the street from me with one on his car.

he 'the guy' who kept his above ground pool filled all winter (and circulating), despite the fact it's seattle and his kids barely used it last summer.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

xzzy posted:

This is why I (1) don't put stupid stickers on my rides and (2) only put stickers on glass. If I want it gone, I go nuts with a utility knife blade and finish off the adhesive with a rag and some acetone.

If you have factory paint (or good quality cc/bc urethane or whatever, not rattle can or single stage lacquer) you can probably just rip the sticker off and use rags and acetone to remove the adhesive. Goo gone is safer, acetone is way way faster and I am impatient and haven't melted the paint off my cars with it yet.

E: I unironically wish Vermin Supreme and Gary Johnson teamed up for this year just so I could get a Supreme / Johnson '16 bumper sticker

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

kastein posted:

I've considered similar clutch-on-shifter ideas before and the real issue is you would have to set up a vacuum booster for the clutch to get any sort of realistic clutch clamping force and still be able to fit the clutch throw in the range of your finger without making it so stiff no one could depress it.

Clutch-by-wire?

Jo3sh
Oct 19, 2002

Like all girls I love unicorns!

kastein posted:

E: I unironically wish Vermin Supreme and Gary Johnson teamed up for this year just so I could get a Supreme / Johnson '16 bumper sticker

Well, nothing is saying you can't print one yourself.

I wish Frank Zappa and Jerry Garcia had not passed away for many reasons, but also so I could have kept rocking my Zappa/Garcia, Prez/Veep sticker.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCXb3axjKhM

Please Stop.

(ignore the flashing at the end of the brake light, I think that's just an LED refresh rate artifact)

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

But sequential turn signals are actually good?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Enourmo posted:

I loved the ones on my 68 Cougar

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Enourmo posted:

Yup

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
That bothers me less than the flashing brake lights. I get that it's safer and almost 100% necessary for motorcycles, I just don't want the drat things to flash every time they tap the brakes. At least make it so that only the third light flashes unless the brake pedal is depressed far and fast. That way, the back of the car isn't a light show every time it has to turn
Maybe it's their weird strobe patterns, but I really do not like those lights...

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

But it was just the turn signal flashing.

The strobing on the actual brake lights was because of the camera shutter speed and the PWM controller handling the LED brightness - the brake lights will appear solidly lit if you look at it in person. You'll see it any time you snap a daytime photo (or take daytime video) of a car with LED daytime running lights and/or LED brake lights, while the longer shutter speeds required for darker photography (i.e. outside after dark) will mask it considerably more.

You can just barely notice it out of the corner of your eye in person, and only if you're really looking for it.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

some texas redneck posted:

You can just barely notice it out of the corner of your eye in person, and only if you're really looking for it.

Some older Cadillacs have a really annoying flicker and some Passats have a barely noticeable flicker. Not everyone can see it though. In fact I'd say it's a pretty small percentage.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Enourmo posted:

Well I'll defer to the wisdom of the thread, I'm clearly in the minority here. I just can't see them as anything except for ostentation for its own sake. What problem are they solving? How much will they cost to fix when they inevitably break?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Memento posted:

What problem are they solving?

...the problem that turns signals aren't cool unless sequential.

I feel you're trying to say that style for style's sake isn't good and that's the path that leads to darkness and boring looking cars.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

88h88 posted:

...the problem that turns signals aren't cool unless sequential.

I feel you're trying to say that style for style's sake isn't good and that's the path that leads to darkness and boring looking cars.

Style is Good and Cool. The video I posted is a chrome grill on an Edsel.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

No, that would be this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6sZg3iL5EY

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Memento posted:

Style is Good and Cool. The video I posted is a chrome grill on an Edsel.

Nah not at all, it's small and dare I say tasteful, particularly when compared to that ^^

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005

Memento posted:

Well I'll defer to the wisdom of the thread, I'm clearly in the minority here. I just can't see them as anything except for ostentation for its own sake. What problem are they solving? How much will they cost to fix when they inevitably break?

They look cool.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

whatever.

That's loving awesome.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Wrong thread

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Developing Smarter Mechanics.
Since 1989.

Dave spent a lot of time doing that conversion. He even spent the time to document everything and publish it online including his circuit diagrams. That car owns.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

whatever.

That's loving awesome.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

That's fantastic.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Yeah this is extremely my poo poo

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Throatwarbler posted:

Yeah this is extremely my poo poo

poo poo i didnt know you could get fire delivered.

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

Geoj posted:

Then there's this Plymouth with a 1972 Nixon Now sticker still on it. Someone was really dedicated to their love of Tricky Dick.

http://jalopnik.com/5433576/1962-plymouth-valiant-with-bonus-1972-nixon-bumper-sticker

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

That eclipse is gaudy and distracting and I'd contemplate ramming if it was in front of me at night.

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

Enourmo posted:

That eclipse is gaudy and distracting and I'd contemplate ramming if it was in front of me at night.

Congratulations on being a sociopath!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

SneakyFrog posted:

poo poo i didnt know you could get fire delivered.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc34IgG7ytE

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

should have seen that one coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The worst car stuff is seeing something shiny and chrome a quarter mile or so up the road from you and wanting to get close enough to scope it out but red lights keep getting in the way and generating a bigger gap. :negative: