Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So what would Russia do with all of the DNC opp work on Trump because apparently they now have it all. Besides the fact that this is a big security breach is this otherwise a big deal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

CommieGIR posted:

So, is the Freedom Caucus meet at Tortilla Coast now just devolving into sobbing into their drinks?

The Tortilla Coast support trump.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Apparently, the Russians know all of Trump's secret weaknesses now

Clearly this will be what elects Trump - if someone manages to leak Trumps secret weaknesses to the media before the Democrats do.

THE PRECEDING STATEMENT WAS SARCASM

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So what would Russia do with all of the DNC opp work on Trump because apparently they now have it all. Besides the fact that this is a big security breach is this otherwise a big deal?

I must have missed something this morning, what?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

MariusLecter posted:

Possible active shooter in Texas walmart right now.

gently caress gently caress gently caress

Hey, what's other people's opinion on poo poo like this?

Does anyone else agree that it should be highly discouraged to make a 'possible shooter' post until it has actually been confirmed?

There have been way too many over reactions for things that were cleared up really fast or just misidentified.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

oh good, I'm glad we're trying to get the dumbest, least effective part of gun control first, before we do anything else

really looking forward to not allowing certain types of grip or cosmetic items on guns, we will be very safe

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

zoux posted:

Paul Ryan literally jumped a fence so he wouldn't have to tell reporters what he thought of Trump's speech ahahahha

link

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

The Tortilla Coast support trump.

So?

Just FYI: Apparently Trump has revoked the Press Credentials of the Wall Street Journal.

xwing
Jul 2, 2007
red leader standing by

zoux posted:

Probably not related, but Walmart did announce they aren't selling AR 15s anymore today.

OR THEY DID BACK IN AUGUST CHECK THE DATES ON YOUR ARTICLES PEOPLE AND ALSO DON'T UNCRITICALLY BELIEVE POSTS ME

Nice ninja edit... they did indeed do it before. Which is really interesting since it was possibly their best selling gun. They had a black Friday special that people lined up for. Think about it... Wal-Mart forgoing sales and profits.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

So?

Just FYI: Apparently Trump has revoked the Press Credentials of the Wall Street Journal.

lol Mr Murdoch is gonna looooove that

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Who knew that the ridiculous hairdo was an attempt to cover up the world's largest pussy?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Give it to Trump so he can better prepare for attacks so he can get elected so we can die in the glorious nuclear hellfire that should have happened during the cold war?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Walmart decides to stop selling ar15s. The guy sent to take them out of the case is black. All hell breaks loose at the Walmart.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

So?

I don't think I can recall a candidate for a major office "revoking" press credentials of major news outlets. Like, does he really not understand that he's not running for reality show president, he's running for actual president and these sort of stunts that "get ratings" on TV only further the impression that he's a dangerously impulsive idiot who has no place running for any office, let alone the president of the united states?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

So?

It's because they decided to read the tea leaves of his statement about Obama being on the side of terrorists and actually had the balls to print it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Well, I've heard a few theories. One is that they are just grabbing it so they get a better handle on Trump in case he becomes the President. Or they want to help Trump become president, so they are giving him a preview of what he could expect.

If they hand over that file to Trump, who is too thin skinned to even let his own campaign conduct prospective oppo research on him, is going to page through that ream of material, lose his mind and start screaming about a whole bunch of scandals that we didn't know about on Twitter.

As for how it will affect his chances, well it ain't some 20 year old covered up scandal that's getting him slammed everywhere today.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I don't think I can recall a candidate for a major office "revoking" press credentials of major news outlets. Like, does he really not understand that he's not running for reality show president, he's running for actual president and these sort of stunts that "get ratings" on TV only further the impression that he's a dangerously impulsive idiot who has no place running for any office, let alone the president of the united states?

You're of course, correct.

But Trump doesn't think in the same terms everyone who lives in the real world does.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

fknlo posted:

Give it to Trump so he can better prepare for attacks so he can get elected so we can die in the glorious nuclear hellfire that should have happened during the cold war?

I'm being serious, would Russia give this stuff to Trump to try and help him out? Or is this just standard espionage that literally every major country does to each other and Russia got caught?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

zoux posted:

Paul Ryan literally jumped a fence so he wouldn't have to tell reporters what he thought of Trump's speech ahahahha
You can't post this without a link rear end in a top hat. :colbert:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Of all the papers to pull why start with a Murdoch paper

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

zoux posted:

Probably not related, but Walmart did announce they aren't selling AR 15s anymore today.

OR THEY DID BACK IN AUGUST CHECK THE DATES ON YOUR ARTICLES PEOPLE AND ALSO DON'T UNCRITICALLY BELIEVE POSTS ME

https://twitter.com/ericawerner/status/742760830563930112
eheheh

Sometimes the 5's at the end of 2016 look like 6's. Specially in that font they use. :shobon:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Lid posted:

He started with WAPO and a bunch of others yesterday.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

So?

where are you seeing this?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I'm being serious, would Russia give this stuff to Trump to try and help him out? Or is this just standard espionage that literally every major country does to each other and Russia got caught?

Trump forbade his underlings from gathering this information. If Russia mailed it to him he'd ignore it. If you printed it out and waved it in his face he'd flinch and cover his eyes.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/742758741305614336

on the flipside, I don't think I can recall a presidential campaign that enabled anyone to talk so frankly about what a piece of poo poo their opponent is

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I'm being serious, would Russia give this stuff to Trump to try and help him out?

It's possible. They could also just be trying to get as much info on the dude as they can in case he becomes President.

e: I misread the WSJ as more stuff from WaPo yesterday. That's pretty :captainpop:

e2: vvv Nevermind

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

aBagorn posted:

where are you seeing this?

EDIT: My mistake, it was the Washington Post.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

haveblue posted:

Trump forbade his underlings from gathering this information. If Russia mailed it to him he'd ignore it. If you printed it out and waved it in his face he'd flinch and cover his eyes.

"Lies, just a bunch of lies Crooked Hillary came up with. Sad!"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lid posted:

I'm pretty sure the poster is confusing the Wall Street Journal with the Washington Post. Trump pulled the credentials of the Post yesterday.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

He is an addict on a binge, so the answer to all of the above questions is "Yes". He is not thinking rationally, he is only thinking of what will get him more of his drug. (Attention/Narcissistic Supply in this case.) He will not waste a single moments effort on anything that he does not perceive as being related to acquiring more of his drug at this point, there is no other consideration involved in his decision making process.

Trump wants his drug. Trump will goddamn get his drug and he will do ANYTHING it takes at this point to get more of his drug.

Trump isn't running for President, Trump is using the situation to fed his addiction.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

haveblue posted:

I don't think he could cover both of his eyes with those tiny nubs.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/742758741305614336

on the flipside, I don't think I can recall a presidential campaign that enabled anyone to talk so frankly about what a piece of poo poo their opponent is

Other Presidential candidates had actual policy goals and stated objectives other than "I'm gonna do things, just you see!"

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Doctor Butts posted:

Other Presidential candidates had actual policy goals and stated objectives other than "I'm gonna do things, just you see!"

"And whatever I do, it'll be yuuuuuugggeee!"

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

"I can't tell you my plans but I guarantee they are the best!"

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

theflyingorc posted:

oh good, I'm glad we're trying to get the dumbest, least effective part of gun control first, before we do anything else

really looking forward to not allowing certain types of grip or cosmetic items on guns, we will be very safe

It's magical, folks if you are looking for any more evidence that the Democrats don't actually care about gun safety this is it. It's just another wedge issue to them.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Looking at HRC's Twitter, I'm really uncomfortable with how excited Democrats are to use an extra-judicial list.

I'm for the repeal of the second amendment, but the fact that they're treating "we'll just say something we call a right doesn't apply to people we can choose" like that isn't a big deal is kinda messed up.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I like this new and improved Democratic Party that's actually going after Trump. I also like this new and improved Obama who's calling out congressional Republicans. Glad!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Cool, it can hop in line with the dozens to hundreds of other, more important things Congress isn't going to do this session. Or next. Or probably ever.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
Texas Wal-Mart shooter confirmed. They are evacuating people from the building, shooter is believed to have taken hostages.

WJLA posted:

The Amarillo Police Department have confirmed an active shooter situation at the Walmart on I-27 and Georgia.

Police are asking the public to stay away from the area so officers can focus on the scene instead of traffic.

APD and other agencies are on the scene.

Our ABC 7 news team have confirmed the Amarillo Police Department are evacuating people out of the West side of the building. The shooter is believed to have taken hostages.

:sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/trump-terror-republicans-orlando-224288

Politico had a bilistering piece on how even big R republicans are disgusted with his rhetoric.

Doctor Butts posted:

I mean, like they give people like Paul Ryan -- who is a complete and total loving fraud -- a pass. Hell Mitt Romney's entire campaign was based around Ryan's fake power point economics, but yes there is a point to it.

Trump is unconventional, but the NARRATIVE has been that is a strength. I think it's really not a strength because instead of making the election about economic issues or Clinton's numerous questionable decisions re: her near paranoia about poo poo, he's unable to offer anything of substance and his gut instinct is to retreat into racism and bigotry.

• Locked thread