Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/benchmarkpol/status/742767135437557760

:eyepop:

e: a lot of people are going to be disappointed when that Zogby poll turns out to be (gasp!) total bullshit

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jun 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Vertical Lime posted:

somebody wanted a transcript of what obama said today

https://twitter.com/TheFix/status/742771197633568769

This country is not good enough for Obama.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Pook Good Mook posted:

*Things the average Republican actually believes
**Because they don't know dick about what the other amendments actually say

They know the 2nd, 3rd, and 10th. Everything else is negotiable.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Trump's stance that he is better for the LGBTQ community because he supports the Muslim ban is easily turned for the LGBTQ community. Simply pointing out that "gay immigrants from this area will be forced to remain with ISIS and that they will likely be killed if they are left there" will stop that avenue of attack.

The idea is so absurd on its face it doesn't require a spin or response.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Slate Action posted:

e: a lot of people are going to be disappointed when that Zogby poll turns out to be (gasp!) total bullshit

KS is blue lmao

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

zoux posted:

The idea is so absurd on its face it doesn't require a spin or response.

The rub to that is that is the exact stance the GOP primary candidates took with regards to Trump, and it resulted in them getting steamrollered. The 2 billion dollars in free airtime donated to Trump for President by media companies didn't help them any, of course.

So sure, ignore the stupid, but keep a constant pressure and presence against it in general. Otherwise it stands alone, unopposed.

Skyl3lazer posted:

KS is blue lmao

And Utah is teetering, along with most of the South. This is just based on polls (which are still :lol: in predictive capabilities this far out) but as more trickle in expect to see that map look cooler.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

ahahaha oh my god

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That KS poo poo is based on a Zogby poll so you'd probably be OK just shifting all those EVs to red.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
look folks americas got exactly one tool in its kit and thats bombing things, so lets find someone to blow the gently caress up for this

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
The actual correct EV map at the moment would just be the 2008 map.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How does the GOP get away with pretending Obama is not bombing the gently caress out of Isis.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

paranoid randroid posted:

look folks americas got exactly one tool in its kit and thats bombing things, so lets find someone to blow the gently caress up for this

Well I know a certain Big Dog who has a few ideas where we can start.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

I hate to say it but Hillary is right.

We need Jeb!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
*closes eyes, jabs finger at map*

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Iraq has a lot of nerve letting a US citizen shoot up a gay nightclub like that. Well, fire up the drones.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/742783026367762432

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

euphronius posted:

How does the GOP get away with pretending Obama is not bombing the gently caress out of Isis.

Because Fox News viewers have no interest in researching or being told otherwise and CNN and the networks are too gun shy to call out any Republican for spouting bullshit for the sake of appearing "balanced."

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

euphronius posted:

because he's a secret Kenyan muslam, duh

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/lisatozzi/status/742782834398625792

Anderson not having it.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Slate Action posted:

Take away Florida, Kansas and Arizona (And Ohio!) and Hillary still takes more than enough EVs to win. This is very much not a good map for Donald Trump.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Slate Action posted:

Flip Kansas and AZ red and that's the map.

I think the best Trump can hope for is pushing Florida red, but VA and and Ohio are going blue this year.

This is my opinion and of course I could be wrong since ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN or whatever.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

SuperDucky posted:

I am so loving sad that the reports of Al-Baghdadi's death were false. Obama, already the all time leading scorer of killing the gently caress out of terrorists, killing the leader of ISIL the day after a racist, anthropomorphic orange popsicle tried to claim he was in some way a supporter of domestic Islamic terrorism might just have been the greatest political bodyslam of all time.

:smith:

euphronius posted:

There's still time.

:unsmith:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

yeah, i like that some are calling out the right on this bullshit.

why? how?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

boosted and baloogan are the only good trump supporters in this forum because even though theyre pretty crazy, they dont pitch a pissy sulk or start screaming racial epithets when people make fun of their dumbass candidate

I love both of them.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Montasque posted:

I think the best Trump can hope for is pushing Florida red, but VA and and Ohio are going blue this year.

This is my opinion and of course I could be wrong since ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN or whatever.

I think Hillary takes AZ. AZ has been trending towards being a swing state/tossup for years now, I think this is the election it becomes competitive. No loving way Kansas is flipping, though, they haven't voted for a Democrat in 80 years.

edit: Hillary could lose Florida, Arizona, Kansas, Ohio and Virginia and still win, when your margins have been consistently tight election after election losing swing states like Colorado matters a lot. I don't think anyone is even going to joke about Trump taking Michigan this cycle. Maybe Wisconsin? Probably not.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jun 14, 2016

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Montasque posted:

I'd want to see some state specific polling to be sure about Ohio.

Then again on the flipside Ohio is actually doing fairly well from an unemployment standpoint, even including Cleveland and Akron which pull the state's numbers down (but are going to vote Democrat until the heat death of the universe).

But even without Ohio and Florida Clinton still wins with the western states (minus AZ and KS) and VA.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

a dog from hell posted:

He has switched parties several times. His last speech enunciated his status as the working man's candidate. This is not a secret reality, but it is one that hasn't been realized yet. We should make it real.

whenever you get off probation, i'm curious: what's your opinion of donald j. trump's tax plan?

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

draft for Trump 2016 campaign ad

husband wearing a MAGA hat: "ill vote tomorrow"
wife wearing a MAGA hat: "youll vote now"
husband " ": *smarmy face* "ill vote now"

devastating electoral victory, completely red map

"What's the forecast for the DNC convention?"

"Another loser."

*cheesy grin* "Sad!"

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Slate Action posted:

The actual correct EV map at the moment would just be the 2008 map.

i doubt nc is going blue

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Slate Action posted:

Interesting that the Democratic EVs have a categorical decline (solid blue > strong blue > lean blue), while the GOP EVs are almost exclusively solid or lean (with only Indiana as strong red). It's way early in the GE cycle to rely on polling accuracy, but it does suggest that Trump could be alienating Republican voters who aren't ride-or-die partisans.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Pook Good Mook posted:

I'd want to see some state specific polling to be sure about Ohio.

Then again on the flipside Ohio is actually doing fairly well from an unemployment standpoint, even including Cleveland and Akron which pull the state's numbers down (but are going to vote Democrat until the heat death of the universe).

But even without Ohio and Florida Clinton still wins with the western states (minus AZ and KS) and VA.

She doesn't even have to take VA.

Vertical Lime posted:

i doubt nc is going blue

It could. 20% of the state is black. Unless Trump starts making some inroads with black voters they could represent a pretty large obstacle for him.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Mirthless posted:

I think Hillary takes AZ. AZ has been trending towards being a swing state/tossup for years now, I think this is the election it becomes competitive. No loving way Kansas is flipping, though, they haven't voted for a Democrat in 80 years.

edit: Hillary could lose Florida, Arizona, Kansas, Ohio and Virginia and still win, when your margins have been consistently tight election after election losing swing states like Colorado matters a lot. I don't think anyone is even going to joke about Trump taking Michigan this cycle. Maybe Wisconsin? Probably not.

Wisconsin despises Trump with every fiber of its alcoholic being.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

You guys have the wrong read on this entirely. Putin just wanted some fun bathtime reading so he had his agents steal all the info on Trump

That or it was actually the Chinese who plan on using it to quash pro-Trump sentiment among their people, or maybe encourage it, I never know with them

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Vladimir Putin posted:

What the gently caress is going to emerge from that mess that is more human than Democrats? The fight within that party is the populist Trump supporting part (gently caress them) and the establishment business rich people part.

Well, WP thinks we're going to realign like the European parties (populism vs cosmopolitan neoliberalism), but I think both parties are just going to swing back slightly from the economic darkness of Reagan and Bill Clinton.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Jewel Repetition posted:

I love both of them.

someday, i hope, i will be lucky enough to call baloogan - my friend.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I know that the three week string of Trump campaign disasters have driven out most of our own alt-right trolls, but how are Milo, /pol/ and the rest of the alt-right coping?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Oiled and Ready posted:

"What's the forecast for the DNC convention?"

"Another loser."

*cheesy grin* "Sad!"

lol

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Squizzle posted:

Interesting that the Democratic EVs have a categorical decline (solid blue > strong blue > lean blue), while the GOP EVs are almost exclusively solid or lean (with only Indiana as strong red). It's way early in the GE cycle to rely on polling accuracy, but it does suggest that Trump could be alienating Republican voters who aren't ride-or-die partisans.

I'm not surprised. Visceral racism is something most people just aren't cool with. Trump's gained a lot of support from working class whites but he's sacrificed support among conservative women and educated whites to do so. The GOP are pretty used to either capturing most white categories altogether, or remaining competitive in those categories, and Trump can't really do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Schnorkles posted:

Wisconsin despises Trump with every fiber of its alcoholic being.

I can't imagine he's well liked but Wisconsin is one of the toss-up states that is known to trend Republican (like Virginia and NC) so it's at least plausible that they could break for Trump.

• Locked thread