Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Macaluso posted:

LINK CAN JUMP!! HE CAN JUMP!!! FINALLY!!! BEST ZELDA EVER MADE!!

He finally learned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
Oh man guys. This new Zelda looks amazing. I need to not get my hopes up too high but I really want to.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Fix posted:

Framerate looks bad. Guess it's a NX game.

That's way more likely to be problems from streaming it than the game itself.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Nickoten posted:

Oh man guys. This new Zelda looks amazing. I need to not get my hopes up too high but I really want to.

I think about the only thing that could have improved that trailer is if it closed on Link slowly walking into like a sculpted stone mouth with stairs leading down. This game looks like extremely my poo poo.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

deadly_pudding posted:

I think about the only thing that could have improved that trailer is if it closed on Link slowly walking into like a sculpted stone mouth with stairs leading down. This game looks like extremely my poo poo.

please leave your vore at the door

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!
Did I see that right? Did Bill get Witch Time when he dodged that attack?

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

KingEffingFrost posted:

Did I see that right? Did Bill get Witch Time when he dodged that attack?

Something like that happened yeah, though they didn't explain if it was really from dodging or like the Wind Waker counter attacks

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Fix posted:

Framerate looks bad. Guess it's a NX game.

The framerate of the video stream seems low itself.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/742770484182450176

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

This Zelda game seems way too big

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

zelda multiplayer confirmed

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Zelda looks like 1 part Zelda, 1 part team ico title, 1 part minecraft survival thing - very intrigued - hope it's good, gets amazing reviews, and sells like hotcakes so they make future titles like this.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

voltcatfish posted:

This Zelda game seems way too big

It looks Like Shadow Legend of the Zelda Colossus.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Polo-Rican posted:

hope it's good, gets amazing reviews

It will.

Polo-Rican posted:

and sells like hotcakes

It won't.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

Polo-Rican posted:

Zelda looks like 1 part Zelda, 1 part team ico title, 1 part minecraft survival thing - very intrigued - hope it's good, gets amazing reviews, and sells like hotcakes so they make future titles like this.

The climbing and low angle on the horse gave me some serious Shadow of the Colossus vibes too.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

less laughter posted:

It will.

It won't.

Yeah it will, it will be a new console launch title, probably have a ridiculous attach rate.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
It depends on what "sell like hotcakes" means. Would 4 million copies be impressive? Yes to some people, no to others.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Shield snowboarding confirmed

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

voltcatfish posted:

The next Zelda spinoff will be 1080° Shieldboarding.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

This looks too good

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!
Finally here, the feature we've all been waiting for: beating your enemies to death with their own limbs.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/742779101329555456

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

voltcatfish posted:

and they confirmed that you can fire arrows and do other things while shield surfing

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I mean Zelda looks cool and all but this is really the big news from e3

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
NOA's E3 sale is live.

It's...not as impressive as the other regions, but still some good stuff, like 40% off Super Smash Bros 4 if anyone still doesn't have that.

I'm probably going to pick up Fast Racing Neo at $11.20 and Paper Mario at $5.30, though.

3DS sale is better. Majora's Mask 3D at 21.59 is a steal, and I'm not a Monster Hunter guy, but those of you who are will like Monster Hunter 4 for $20.

Also Virtue's Last Reward at $12.99 could interest some people.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)

This means we're probably getting a new Mario game that'll work with the new series, right?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Magypsy posted:

This means we're probably getting a new Mario game that'll work with the new series, right?

Waluigi only appears in spinoffs, sadly. Probably another Mario Party or sports game.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Magypsy posted:

https://twitter.com/AmiiboNews/status/742782558778318848

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I wanted Toadette!

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Daisy finally getting her amiibo is like Leo finally getting his Oscar

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

They're only releasing those amiibo for Ultra Smash.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

greatn posted:

Yeah it will, it will be a new console launch title, probably have a ridiculous attach rate.

Your first mistake is that you're assuming the NX is going to sell in meaningful numbers

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"
The Legend of Zelda: Weird Skyrim

Honestly though I'm super hyped for this game - it looks awesome.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://twitter.com/RealShigeruM/status/742777544097812480

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Jesus christ, they actually released those amiibos. I thought when Amiibo Party was such a badly received game they wouldn't but I guess with amiibos actually selling they need to do what it takes to pay the bills. I will not complain, I want those things because I am weak.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I'm watching the gameplay stream of new Zelda on and off. It looks like the landscape is gonna be dotted with mini-dungeons that are like little challenge zones, like "Bomb Challenge" and such. I'm not sure if that's gonna be "a thing" or if it's just because it's like the tutorial area. I have the sound off, so I can't hear what they're saying :v:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Nintendo just stealth announced a new Mario Party to go with those amiibo. It's for 3DS though I think.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I love the idea of an open-world Zelda game, with the free-flowing nature and large-scale exploration of Skyrim or any other Elder Scrolls game, but the other thing I'd love to see is some dungeons with a real sense of menace to them, like a Dark Souls kind of stage. Where you have to actually tread carefully or be punished for your recklessness. It's unlikely, since it's an all-ages franchise, but that sense of "oh god, what's next?" from the first time you play a Dark Souls game is unparalleled.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

finally, a Nintendo game worthy of BIG SARU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

SeANMcBAY posted:

Nintendo just stealth announced a new Mario Party to go with those amiibo. It's for 3DS though I think.

Yeah it's called Mario Party: Star Rush and it's for the 3DS, a sequel to Island Tour.

• Locked thread