Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I bet there are a significant number of Republicans who are more disturbed by how pro-gay Trump's speech was than by how anti-Muslim it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

*puts on gay minstrel costume and bends down to polish daddy's jackboots*

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Nintendo announces new Trump Pokemon at E3 2016

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Huffpo. posted:

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), perhaps Trump’s biggest nemesis on Capitol Hill after enduring an ugly presidential primary campaign against him, said only that America needs “a commander-in-chief who is clear-eyed and focused on keeping the country safe.” Asked if he got that sense from Trump’s speech, Cruz stood in an elevator looking at reporters and waited for the doors to close.
Not a serial killer

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Consummate Professional posted:

Not a serial killer

That's like the fifth time hes done the elevator doors thing. I think he wants his life to be an Aaron Sorkin screenplay

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

he is going to skin trump and wear him like a bodysuit onto the convention floor

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Marzzle posted:

He's doing stuff that would of been brave like 15 years ago and now is just using spectacle to hawk lovely books or tweets or whatever he does to make money while basically selling out all of lgbt culture at the same time. No one would even care that he's a sassy gay if he had stayed in the uk where people don't find a gay conservative to be an incredibly novel concept worthy of attention.

British expat conservatives in America are the worst people on the planet

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

shiksa posted:

That's like the fifth time hes done the elevator doors thing. I think he wants his life to be an Aaron Sorkin screenplay

That's a hell that I wouldn't even subject Teddy Cruz to.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Al! posted:

Piers Morgan.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

paranoid randroid posted:

Milo strikes me as the kind of guy who wouldnt tell his partners hes HIV positive

There's no way he isn't a bug catcher.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/carlmalamud/status/742806565929897984

:pray:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Re: realignment; with finance reform being a big platform with the dems now I see the business wing of the gop bring the one put into the wilderness. They won't be able to buy empty suits wholesale, and the grassroots is all the shitheads.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Mr. Pumroy posted:

he is going to skin trump and wear him like a bodysuit onto the convention floor

i want to see a skit of this

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Yes please

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Consummate Professional posted:

Not a serial killer

I hope wait for the doors to close continues to be a theme with him, its a really funny image in my head.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

shiksa posted:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Like they are impeaching the director?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Is this in regards to the audit or something else?

edit - by 'something else' I mean a revokation the corrupt policy of auditing people just for being good Christians

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

"gently caress i put on my skin suit wrong" - the second picture

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Epic High Five posted:

Is this in regards to the audit or something else?

edit - by 'something else' I mean a revokation the corrupt policy of auditing people just for being good Christians

Strong Christians

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

The look of Cruz and that guy in the last picture.

"Sir, are you aware you are about to be trapped in an elevator with the Zodiac killer?"

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Hopefully its "Mr. Trump is no longer being audited by the IRS"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ericawerner/status/742808032585916417

Lotta these stories today.

In the past when Trump was getting murdered in the news he'd bust out a key endorsement or there'd be a primary vote to bail him out.

Long way to the convention donny.

rear end cobra posted:

Hopefully its "Mr. Trump is no longer being audited by the IRS"

Oh, well the IRS poo poo I've seen in the news is all about House GOP members looking for heads to roll.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Rincewinds posted:

The look of Cruz and that guy in the last picture.

"Sir, are you aware you are about to be trapped in an elevator with the Zodiac killer?"

that was my reaction as well

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

FrensaGeran posted:

Nintendo announces new Trump Pokemon at E3 2016

lmao i hope this is real

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

IRS announcement is just vague enough to be frustrating.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

By August they're just going to pretend they've never heard of this, what was it? Donny Grump?

When pressed for comment, Speaker Ryan stated, "Why yes, I'd be happy to OH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL IS THAT BEHIND YOU?!!" and then sprinted off into the distance.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

lmao i hope this is real

Apparently, yeah. They announced it this morning.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Yungoos_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

Also, pokemon fans are loving efficient, that is some fast-rear end turnaround.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Teddybear posted:

Apparently, yeah. They announced it this morning.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Yungoos_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

Also, pokemon fans are loving efficient, that is some fast-rear end turnaround.

quote:

Yungoos has a voracious appetite and always hungry. Much of its body is dominated by its stomach, and it is able to digest food quickly. Its strong teeth allow it to crush and consume the hardest of objects. This Pokémon stalks through its territory searching for food until it passes out from exhaustion. However, it is believed that Yungoos decides its territory based on safety so that it collapse anywhere without fear.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Al! posted:

And I'm Mark Stein

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This is just weird.
https://twitter.com/dnewhauser/status/742808869487939585
https://twitter.com/dnewhauser/status/742809565763362817

The Maloney amendment is a non LGBT discrimination requirement for federal contractors, by the way.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
"It was mostly Latinos"

Yeah, gay ones.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What's the calculus here, try to spin it as a regular nightclub so they don't feel all icky about feeling sad about gay mass murder or what?

I guess in this specific instance Sessions is saying it doesn't necessarily make him anymore empathetic towards LGBT causes.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Vertical Lime posted:

somebody wanted a transcript of what obama said today

https://twitter.com/TheFix/status/742771197633568769

GodDAMN this poo poo is on fire. Angry Obama is Best Obama.

How does Donald Trump, how do any Republicans, expect to stand up to this?

With all the insanity of this election, it has been easy to forget that Obama is just leagues above anyone the GOP has to offer.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
"it's not a gay nightclub" repeats increasingly insecure man

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Pook Good Mook posted:

I'd want to see some state specific polling to be sure about Ohio.

Then again on the flipside Ohio is actually doing fairly well from an unemployment standpoint, even including Cleveland and Akron which pull the state's numbers down (but are going to vote Democrat until the heat death of the universe).

But even without Ohio and Florida Clinton still wins with the western states (minus AZ and KS) and VA.

Yeah, Hillary's map is ludicrously tough to beat.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/742812548177743874

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

zoux posted:

What's the calculus here, try to spin it as a regular nightclub so they don't feel all icky about feeling sad about gay mass murder or what?

I guess in this specific instance Sessions is saying it doesn't necessarily make him anymore empathetic towards LGBT causes.

Yeah, i think they're just caught up in the space of "now that you're expressing concern and sympathy about a tragedy in the LGBT community will you support the LGBT community on anything else?" The answer is of course "no" which leaves them in an awkward position when there's like a million LGBT discrimination things in play at any given time. Its the same problem Pam Bondi got in with that Anderson Cooper interview. It would seem Sessions is trying a bold gambit of just pretending Orlando didn't have poo poo to do with the LGBT community at all so its a non-issue.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

logikv9 posted:

"it's not a gay nightclub" repeats increasingly insecure man

Most gay nightclubs are filled with straight people too now, but old people probably don't know that or accept it.

"Straights hanging out with gays, and on the gays' terms? Bah!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Gonna be a tough sell when Trump himself is the one who talks about it a bunch

• Locked thread