Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Time cards don't count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

I bought my Batman fanboy roommate a copy of Arkham Knight for his PS4, and preordered Zero Escape 3 for myself while I was at it. :shrug:

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

Saint Freak posted:

So if I just cancel my Persona 5 preorder and then reorder it I should get a code?

I did exactly this and got the code in about a minute.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Welp. Guess it's time to go ahead and buy Bravely Second. :retrogames:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Saint Freak posted:

So if I just cancel my Persona 5 preorder and then reorder it I should get a code?

Well I just did that so we'll find out within 2 business days.

Edit: or right now!

Kwyndig fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jun 14, 2016

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

YamataNoOrochi posted:

I did exactly this and got the code in about a minute.

Yup, just got it.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
These item codes will only work on North American Square Enix accounts and will not work on accounts from a different region

eugh

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Freak Futanari posted:

I'm really bummed out that it only works for NA service accounts, since this means that it'll probably be a long time until we get this in Europe, if at all.

:same: :(

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Wait amazon promo? What are the in-game items?

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Zereth posted:

It gives you the same stuff that was going out to 7-11s in Japan: Maid Uniform, Butler Uniform, White fat chocobo, titan and ifrit masks, and 99 of a consumable that basically gives you fairy wings.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Zereth posted:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's bullshit that the maid and butler outfits are gender-restricted. :(

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Dammit, Square, female characters can wear the suit from the wedding set, why not the butler outfit? That looks classy af.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Lemon-Lime posted:

:same:

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Lemon-Lime posted:

I seriously don't get this poo poo. Let the guys wear the maid outfit too while we're at it, this is 2016. I guess i understand the technical limitations but I really wanted that butler outfit after I got hosed out of the nice tux for the wedding gear. :(

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They're not technical limitations.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
hi guys, i'm coming back to this after taking a long break, i think i last quit after clearing a1 on savage when it was highest level content

the only new thing i know about the game now is there's apparently a voltron boss?

i'm excited to get back into it, are there still three FCs?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Elentor posted:

They're not technical limitations.
Yeah, it's that weird brand of Japanese gender-restriction. They don't even seem to get why dudes would want to put dresses on dudes.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I thought it was because they would have to remake the outfits to fit the different gender's bodies and that is way too much effort for something barely anyone would actually use

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Leal posted:

I thought it was because they would have to remake the outfits to fit the different gender's bodies and that is way too much effort for something barely anyone would actually use

Well they would also have to do that, but it's mostly they just don't get it.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Can the costume items be placed in the armoire, or is it more stuff like the wedding outfit and Moogle suit that will forever take up retainer space? All I really want is the fatbo but I am also a packrat who refuses to throw away anything that is unique.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I have a ridiculous question: What do you have to do to get that fancy table that I see leatherworkers using sometimes? Just get the tool from the level 50 class quest, or is it bound to another item/something else entirely?

I googled it and found an OF thread that leads me to believe it's just the level 50 class quest tool, but I've been burned by the OF before.

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
Thanks thread, for pointing out pre-orders alone allow for getting code! Now a Canadian goon was able to be an elf maid. I pre-ordered the game I cancelled on amazon.com on amazon.ca so I don't really feel bad about it!

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ainsley McTree posted:

I have a ridiculous question: What do you have to do to get that fancy table that I see leatherworkers using sometimes? Just get the tool from the level 50 class quest, or is it bound to another item/something else entirely?

that tool, the mid 50 one that looks like it, and the level 60 tool grant it

keep in mind that since it's tied to the main hand tool if what you're making uses the awl you will get the basic table

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Mazed posted:

I wouldn't call it "overtuned", necessarily. Three of the four bosses aren't much trickier than anything from the Crystal Tower raids, but Ozma stands out because it has multiple phases that each require a good deal of precision -- although, as I've put it, they aren't individually much more difficult than your typical 4-man midboss. The combination of multiple phases, fairly tight mechanics, potential for miscommunication, and the pressure of having to deal with these things in a large group of total strangers creates an extremely messy situation, and it gets even worse when compounded with the fact that players are more prone to being assholes in 24-man, which is a culture that established itself way back in CT and feels like a carry-over from other MMOs where bad behavior was the norm in random groups, i.e. WoW.

Eventually, peoples' gear levels will outstrip many of Weeping City's obstacles, with things spelling a wipe now making barely a dent and DPS burning things to the ground in short order. In the meantime, the best way to approach it is either go with a pre-made group, or abandon all worries and just roll with whatever nonsense comes with a random one, caring only enough to not act like a dick.

I think the main thing is just a lack of familiarity with the mechanics. I didn't really "get" ozma when I tried WC last week and screwed up and saw lots of others do the same. Now that the mechanics are known and you move out on pyramid and in on square and meteors has become more figured out as well its way easier. We cleared all of Weeping City in a DF group w/ only one wipe because people generally knew what to do. The one wipe was due to alliance B dumping their meteors in the wrong spot and it was fairly easy once that was corrected.

Its not a faceroll, but its also not crazy hard either. Most importantly, the fights are a lot of fun imo and I'd happily run WC over and over if rewards weren't capped to one per week.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leal posted:

They have to do that already for a huge amount of models, most of which a lot of people don't use, and most of which are not being actively used for a promotional event. The overhead they have from working models is so, so heavy, that adjusting one single promotional model is not the problem. If they wanted to do it for both genders, they would have done it.

The Art Director/manager clearly doesn't shy from telling the artists to adjust the models considering how many armors unnecessarily have different models between their male/female versions.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jun 14, 2016

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Is there an actual strategy to Ozma's cube phase other than "group together so it's easier to heal through it"? I know there was talk of the tank moving out of the group but I'm not sure why, and the lasers seem to be pretty random.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
So just to make sure, SE hasn't actually mentioned anything about when, if ever, the EU will get the promotion, right?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

drunk asian neighbor posted:

Is there an actual strategy to Ozma's cube phase other than "group together so it's easier to heal through it"? I know there was talk of the tank moving out of the group but I'm not sure why, and the lasers seem to be pretty random.
The lasers hit whoever's highest on Ozma's hate table, one per alliance. So if all is going well, they should be hitting only the three tanks, which is why they move out of the group. If one alliance is completely dead, another one's going to get two lasers (and I think they are guaranteed to target two different people as in not just the tank twice), and if one alliance is loving around their laser will bounce all over the place like it's disco night at the bowling alley.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Tank stands on one side of the platform, everyone else stands on the other side. Healer(s) grab balls. Don't get knocked off by Holy. Stack on the stack symbol. That's it.

Also don't pop cooldowns because it takes reduced damage during that phase.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I thought dragonskin maps would spike in price today because of reset day and people wanting to lore cap without dealing with roulettes, seems I was horribly wrong cause the loving things dropped nearly 80k and keeps getting lower.

I guess I'll just loving use the 4 maps I have saved up and make more then 100k a map.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Leal posted:

I thought dragonskin maps would spike in price today because of reset day and people wanting to lore cap without dealing with roulettes, seems I was horribly wrong cause the loving things dropped nearly 80k and keeps getting lower.

I guess I'll just loving use the 4 maps I have saved up and make more then 100k a map.

Don't horde the maps. They spiked to 200k about two days into the patch, but they've been in freefall ever since. And they will only continue to do so because the market will be flooded with the items you can get from there.

I'm just happy I already made over 5 million from the Aquapolis. And that's with me often keeping the minions or other items for myself. I made over 2 million just off materia from there.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

If the laser is targeting people randomly your tank is awful and not doing their job and hate is bouncing all over the place.
Or alternatively one of the other groups wiped, but in that case you're hosed anyhow.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I did boss two after the two other parties wiped (and bringing my own group from just me and the tank back with LB3) and ressing the other groups' healers. Ozma and fisto both had at least one party on the floor at one point or another, each successful time too.

I wouldn't bank on it, but a full party wipe doesn't necessarily mean game over.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
For anyone curious, I got my amazon promo code immediately upon pre-ordering the new Gran Turismo, so those codes seem to be coming quick.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

a kitten posted:

Welp. Guess it's time to go ahead and buy Bravely Second. :retrogames:

I was going to pick up Xenoblade Chronicles X to finally play but this is very tempting even though I need to just go finish BD first since I've been sitting at 45-50hrs or so for a year or two now.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Yeah, it's that weird brand of Japanese gender-restriction. They don't even seem to get why dudes would want to put dresses on dudes.

This is exactly it. Technical restrictions haven't been a thing for dressup in MMOs for over a decade outside of weird games that don't want to have the item model stretch or compress because ~stupid artsy reasons~ or whatever.

Mordiceius posted:

Don't horde the maps. They spiked to 200k about two days into the patch, but they've been in freefall ever since. And they will only continue to do so because the market will be flooded with the items you can get from there.

I'm just happy I already made over 5 million from the Aquapolis. And that's with me often keeping the minions or other items for myself. I made over 2 million just off materia from there.

Also because the rush will wear off while people start getting their DoL classes running to collect and sell a daily map for gil if they weren't doing so before.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Freak Futanari posted:

So just to make sure, SE hasn't actually mentioned anything about when, if ever, the EU will get the promotion, right?

Correct.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I game back to the game after a long hiatus (last played at patch 2.3ish), purchased heavensward and am almost level 50.
I main Paladin, picked up the important cross class skills and hope some goons can help me get the hang of tanking the harder content, I'm doing fine in the dungeon roulette so far.

I know that level 50 was the previous max level, should I be concerned with the old 'end game' grind or should I just keep working though the story quests to get to heavensward content? I know in a couple MMO's the random expansion quest rewards at level 51 can be on par with the pre-expansion end game gear at 50.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Thundarr posted:

Can the costume items be placed in the armoire, or is it more stuff like the wedding outfit and Moogle suit that will forever take up retainer space? All I really want is the fatbo but I am also a packrat who refuses to throw away anything that is unique.

12 pieces, none of it goes in the armoire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

kzin602 posted:

I game back to the game after a long hiatus (last played at patch 2.3ish), purchased heavensward and am almost level 50.
I main Paladin, picked up the important cross class skills and hope some goons can help me get the hang of tanking the harder content, I'm doing fine in the dungeon roulette so far.

I know that level 50 was the previous max level, should I be concerned with the old 'end game' grind or should I just keep working though the story quests to get to heavensward content? I know in a couple MMO's the random expansion quest rewards at level 51 can be on par with the pre-expansion end game gear at 50.

Just by doing story quests at 50 you'll be given 110 level gear, and you'll likely be able to buy a set of 120/130 level stuff if you do the optional content at 50 (with tomestones of Poetics). 130 will last to 54/55 I think? Either way your equipment won't be obsolete the second you walk into expansion content. That said, you also don't need to find groups to do all the raids or higher-end 50 content. Skip it and move on unless you really want to see it right now.

• Locked thread