Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Momomo posted:

Him bring Goten would be funny, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Why would he call himself Black Goku if he was?

I don't think his name is actually Black Goku. In fact the only name is so far goes by in the show is Black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I hope it is (a) Goku and we get to see the return of everyone's favorite Goku Killing Machine:

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
poo poo, 16 never got activated in the future timeline, so why not dig him up and give him a serious upgrade?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

16 is the loving man

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Fuego Fish posted:

poo poo, 16 never got activated in the future timeline, so why not dig him up and give him a serious upgrade?

gently caress i'm gonna get pissed when this never happens

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I hope it is (a) Goku and we get to see the return of everyone's favorite Goku Killing Machine:

Fuego Fish posted:

I like this idea.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Black's probably Goten from one of those universes Super-duper-kai destroyed offscreen

This is still a better fate than GT Goten who was basically Yamcha

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

I dunno for some reason I'm getting real heavy Smoke Monster from Lost vibes outta Black. I think it's just some evil entity that for whatever reason chose the strongest warrior's form in that particular history, which of course is Goku because that lady needs to voice four people in the drat show.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Wouldn't be surprised if Black Goku isn't as "strong" as he seems after that conversation on why Zeno is the strongest ever

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Maybe it's just a psychological thing. Like the idea of Goku coming to personally wreck your poo poo is a bit scary I guess.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Judging by the stuff mentioned in the episode he just recently learned to sense ki and given his ambush at the end also figured out how to hide it, so that definitely means he's not Goku or any other Earth-based martial artist

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
black goku says "now i've got you, you fuckin saiyan bitch" at the end when he catches up to trunks, which means hes probably not saiyan

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Maybe Toriyama saw Team Four Star and this Goku is his version of Popo

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Law Cheetah posted:

black goku says "now i've got you, you fuckin saiyan bitch" at the end when he catches up to trunks, which means hes probably not saiyan

What if Black is a shapeshifter?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Revived Frieza realized he couldn't beat Goku because he was already dead so he got the super dragon balls and just made a wish to be Goku

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Combat Lobster posted:

What if Black is a shapeshifter?

Uulong finally went back to shapeshifting school, and now he wants revenge :black101:

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Trunks dyed his hair blue to try and trick Black Goku

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I vote it's alternate world Goten all grown up and he's got a second earring that he wants to force on to Trunks to make them fuse into Black Gotenks.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Gotenks is the dance fusion: potara fusion would be Truten

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

visceril posted:

That sounds like a Pharaoh. I like it.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Trunks and Gohan fusing would be Truthan: a turkey

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

New Leaf posted:

I vote it's alternate world Goten all grown up and he's got a second earring that he wants to force on to Trunks to make them fuse into Black Gotenks.

It's definitely not.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Did anyone suggest that he's a clone of Goku?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mraagvpeine posted:

Did anyone suggest that he's a clone of Goku?

That's too stupid for Dragon Ball

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Completely nonsensical definitely-incorrect theory time.

Way back in the Red Ribbon Army saga, right at the end, Commander Red was killed by Staff Officer Black, who proceeded to offer Goku a position in his new organisation: the Black Ribbon Army.

Now, since we know he couldn't sense ki until recently, who else do we know who can't sense ki? Androids. Who worked for the Red Ribbon Army? Doctor Gero. Who had the knowledge on how to transfer a human brain to an android/cyborg body? Doctor Gero.

"Black Goku" isn't a descriptor, it's his name. Just like "Son Goku" has the surname Son, Black Goku has the surname Black. Because it's Staff Officer Black's brain in a cyborg'd-up Goku body.

:v:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

visceril posted:

I want this to happen and eventually have him be a masked hero called Truten Kamen.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

New Leaf posted:

I like to think the Supreme Kai in the opening is a red herring and the earring is a memento of Chichi, representing the last bit of humanity inside him. It'd work for both Goku and Goten.

On the other hand, I don't think Dragon Ball has ever done a twist like that so I don't think that'd happen.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Fuego Fish posted:

Way back in the Red Ribbon Army saga, right at the end, Commander Red was killed by Staff Officer Black, who proceeded to offer Goku a position in his new organisation: the Black Ribbon Army.

Now, since we know he couldn't sense ki until recently, who else do we know who can't sense ki? Androids. Who worked for the Red Ribbon Army? Doctor Gero. Who had the knowledge on how to transfer a human brain to an android/cyborg body? Doctor Gero.

"Black Goku" isn't a descriptor, it's his name. Just like "Son Goku" has the surname Son, Black Goku has the surname Black. Because it's Staff Officer Black's brain in a cyborg'd-up Goku body.

You say it is nonsense, but it's not like this would be the first time the Red Ribbon Army pulls that poo poo. After all, Commander Red already came back in an Android body.

Also, it'd make sense to have the Androids be important in the Future Trunks saga, although I doubt it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Fuego Fish posted:

God I would unironically love this

RoboGero is still active in the future too unless I missed something

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

My assumption is that 17 still killed him after being activated, but nobody ever returned to the secret lair to destroy it like Krillin and Trunks did, so Cell continued to grow.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
No, no, I don't mean Gero

I mean

Okay so this is obscure because Toriyama doesn't like to make details like this known, but Gero has a super computer that you see for like

5 seconds

Inside that super computer is a perfect recreation of Gero's brain. He uploaded it there to continue his work should he die- it's also how he put his brain into a cyborg body.

So that's Robo Gero. That's why Team Four Star had Gero as the computer in Super Android 13

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Ahh.. Well my other assumption is that Trunks would have known where the lab was and gone to blow it up and see what was going on with 16. Who knows though. I doubt he's the kind to leave loose ends when it comes to the Androids. I can't wait until he finds out his old buddy Krillin is boning one.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I can't wait for Trunks to tell Pilaf and Shu about how they got brutally murdered by Marron's mom in his timeline.

"All Mai would say was, 'I can't believe Lord Pilaf's little body... could hold all that blood.'"

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

New Leaf posted:

Ahh.. Well my other assumption is that Trunks would have known where the lab was and gone to blow it up and see what was going on with 16. Who knows though. I doubt he's the kind to leave loose ends when it comes to the Androids. I can't wait until he finds out his old buddy Krillin is boning one.

I'm not sure any of the heroes know about RoboGero- they blew him up entirely because that's where Cell was.

So Trunks would have no reason to go gently caress with him.

Man now I really hope it's RoboGero doing poo poo again

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I really really want to see Future Trunks talking to 18.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Pureauthor posted:

Imagine Vegeta's disappointment at Trunks if he let yet another android slip through the cracks.

Also, where's the Kaioshin of Kawaii? I thought she was going to be in the main canon now

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

visceril posted:

Also, where's the Kaioshin of Kawaii? I thought she was going to be in the main canon now

She doesn't arrest make friends with Trunks until after this arc, presumably.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

I want him to immediately attack her, just to see how her reflexes are these days..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKwFi-FZ_qw

• Locked thread