Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

The most hilarious part about all of this is that the +13 marvelous weapon is quickly outclassed by higher level weapons and a +11 means jack all even towards end game. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

NachtSieger posted:

For those curious, click.

What're the odds of Neople nuking people for using this?

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Somefool posted:

The most hilarious part about all of this is that the +13 marvelous weapon is quickly outclassed by higher level weapons and a +11 means jack all even towards end game. :v:

I wanted the +11 ticket for my Yin, if I ever switch.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

What're the odds of Neople nuking people for using this?

Unlikely? This event wasn't all that great to begin with because it required people to upgrade and most people finished doing that on the first weekend. It became really difficult to upgrade marvelous weapons due to not having a good source for shards. I guess they might have an open statement about how they are disappointed at the players for abusing said bug but then again this only came to public when there are 2 days left for the event.

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010

Somefool posted:

I only did it so I could try to +12 my Gracia revolver, and if it failed I could at least get to +11, which is exactly what happened.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

They won't punish anyone. They don't have a large player base as it is, and they know it. A lot of people made use of the exploit, and it was a fault of their programming.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Double-posting. Streaming ranked pvp tonight around 7 PM EST. Probably won't be super long, but come bullshit and laugh at me while I try to shake some rust off.

Edit: link https://www.twitch.tv/sa_impresaria

just finished streaming an anton run, be back in a bit with the pvp

back and streaming now

last edit: stream's done, thanks for everyone for tuning in! had a beautiful time, absolutely awesome practice matches against professional male launcher Jonno towards the end. At some point down the line he and I will be getting into some dedicated head-to-head practice, so watch out for that.

Black Balloon fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jun 13, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I did the shard thing and after about 30-35k shards and no +13 weapon I hope the dev who thought up this idea gets thrown in the nearest lake because what the gently caress. What sort of broken rear end in a top hat dev thinks this is a good game mechanic. It's not like the weapon grows until level 86 or anything like that either.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

I did the shard thing and after about 30-35k shards and no +13 weapon I hope the dev who thought up this idea gets thrown in the nearest lake because what the gently caress. What sort of broken rear end in a top hat dev thinks this is a good game mechanic. It's not like the weapon grows until level 86 or anything like that either.

:rolldice:

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

new events look like pretty bog-standard filler. Hopefully we get some more substantial ones with the big patch later this month.

I'm holding out hope for a source of rare clones, because they are crazy expensive for (noted dead class) ffighter :<

Evil Fluffy posted:

the ideas were good at least, even if the the execution was terrible.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Reposting with no qualifiers

DON'T USE AMPLIFICATION GRIMOIRES ON YOUR WEAPON

If you have doubts about this policy and want to know if it is, in fact, appropriate to amp your weapon, ask first. Prevent tears.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

The only reason you should ever amp your weapon is because literally every other gear is already +10 boosted or higher, and you also have more gold than you can possibly burn while already also having at least an epic armor set to go with your BiS weapon.
So, also known as literally never.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jun 14, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Good bye 27k shards. :downs:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Amping a weapon is a good idea when the game throws dozens of single use amps at you like in the anniversary event. Took my HLS to +10 and then burned the rest on armor.

E: Managed to log in minutes before downtime and +12 the short sword so eh gently caress it that's good enough for my chaos if/when I get back to leveling it.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jun 14, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Stream set to private, so I'm removing it.

If anyone cares, DnF is having a stream soon about future summer updates.

edit: New pvp mode, level 90 cap, new epics, luke raid, etc. Also 3 new man mage subs??? One of them also used a broom.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jun 14, 2016

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/DFO/comments/4o0nwm/kdnf_summer_update/

Here's a summary, lot of interesting stuff in there. Making chrons faster to get is definitely needed, I guess randomized combined OV might be fun but I hope they town down some of the gimmicky bullshit in ov3 if they're doing that.

Infinite scaling on stuff like OV and Ancients to speed up farming sounds interesting, seems like they borrowed from the D3 greater rift idea a bit on that. It seems like it gives a better reward for minmaxing your gear rather than just shooting for ANTON READY and not really feeling like you're accomplishing much until then. Hope the increased epic droprates can combine with that sort of scaling so it's easier to get the epics you're looking for.

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010
Well this seems like a healthy development. With them moving away from OV sets, having them more easily farmable, and overall rebalancing of the gear grinds the game has, they seem to be aiming to reduce frustration.

I wonder what they meant by "More flexible for people that cannot get into raids" for that Anton: Awakened thing, though.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
wait so m mage is gonna have 5 subclasses?

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Somefool posted:

Stream set to private, so I'm removing it.

If anyone cares, DnF is having a stream soon about future summer updates.

edit: New pvp mode, level 90 cap, new epics, luke raid, etc. Also 3 new man mage subs??? One of them also used a broom.

wait, THREE new M. Mage subs?! That'd give them 5 instead of 4!

Wonder what their weirdo summoner equivalent is like that they mentioned ages ago "Unsummoner" or whatever.

Edit: All this news sounds pretty fantastic, Neople is actually learning. Too bad it's gonna be a while before we see any of this. Guess I ought to finish levelling that glacial master, despite how INFERIOR the ice nerds are, just so I can have all the M. Mage subs levelled when those hit. Wizard pile.

Obligatum VII fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jun 14, 2016

DFlux
Apr 25, 2008
Yep, MMage is gonna have 5 subclasses.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
I love it, because that opens the door for new subclasses for other classes.

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010
the hot new gunner subclass where they BECOME A GUN

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Slayer summoner subclass where they have to wrangle a bunch of stereotypically chatty rear end in a top hat sentient swords around.

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD

Nighthand posted:

Slayer summoner subclass where they have to wrangle a bunch of stereotypically chatty rear end in a top hat sentient swords around.

If one of the swords isn't shouting about blood then it's a poo poo subclass.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Alternatively, it is also constantly barfing

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.

Raruna posted:

the hot new gunner subclass where they BECOME A GUN

My body is ready.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Oh yes, in case you guys don't know already, Magic Cata is officially dead. The main effect is planned to be changed to 150% damage increase to basic skills. Basically all those shared class skills get a huge damage boost.

You know who abuses those basic skills the most? Male Mech.

The age of Cata mechs is upon us!

EDIT: Oops, it's 150% increase to basic attack training skill.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jun 14, 2016

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Somefool: do you know how the new epic transfer thing is going to work? Is it crafted epics only, or can you use the new epic souls to transfer dropped epics?

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

I can't help but wonder just how absurd the level 90 armor sets are going to be, considering they'll have to beat out sets like mana vortex and tactical commander for people to bother actively seeking them out.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Einwand posted:

I can't help but wonder just how absurd the level 90 armor sets are going to be, considering they'll have to beat out sets like mana vortex and tactical commander for people to bother actively seeking them out.

Hey, all those former Dark Gothic havers will go after them!

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

fool_of_sound posted:

Somefool: do you know how the new epic transfer thing is going to work? Is it crafted epics only, or can you use the new epic souls to transfer dropped epics?

Wait for Jay to translate all of this on Nexus.

I would put my bet on it being craftable epics only because the whole epic fragment system is still pretty piss poor and no one uses it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

5th fslayer class with be their Asura clone only it'll be entirely percent based instead of fixed damage.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
If that prediction comes true then the minute it's announced I would probably go ahead and delete my Asura, and to hell with whatever stuff he has on him at the time.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Nighthand posted:

That would be hilarious and I approve of the idea.

I'm guessing the dimension walker M. Mage subclass will take the whole teleportation thing to 11, which seems really rad?

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Evil Fluffy posted:

5th fslayer class with be their Asura clone only it'll be entirely percent based instead of fixed damage.

I always wanted to see a class based around the whole ice pick thing that the King's Ruin ice knight did. imagine a class based entirely around different elemental "picks" of that nature. it would be horrifyingly obnoxious.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Why do all the Male Mage classes look so edgy while the Female Mages all, either 1st or 2nd awakening, look like they're loving this poo poo?

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Gologle posted:

Why do all the Male Mage classes look so edgy while the Female Mages all, either 1st or 2nd awakening, look like they're loving this poo poo?

Because m. Mage has the emotional maturity of a teenage boy and is, in fact, edgy as all gently caress on purpose.

Edit: I assume Nethertribes will be making a blood mage. I'm pretty sure he's contractually obligated to.

Has anyone found a non-private video intro for the new subclasses?

Also, I'm disappointed. I was really hoping we wouldn't have to end up murdering Luke and moronically push forward Hilder's plans to murder Arad's entire existence to restore Pandemonium yet another step (Bakal did nothing wrong). Guess we have to hang all our hopes on, uhh, the bird apostle dude who is still in Pandemonium to not get ganked (he's totally getting ganked next).

Obligatum VII fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jun 14, 2016

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I have, I'll edit this post with the link once I've found it again for you. Nether plays zerk right? He's already familiar with dealing blood damage to enemies.

EDIT: Male Mage subclass previews at 10:25 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLT_ave5lcQ

Gologle fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jun 14, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

http://dfonexus.com/threads/summer-2016-update-reveal-information-compilation.12010/

Go wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Yodo Muramasa (Katana)

Shadow Element Attribute
+5% Physical Critical Hit
+7% Magical Critical Hit
Ignore 25% of Enemy Defense
+30% Damage

Why hello there. :stare: