Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

I guess a shorter guide on Guild Raid would be: "How lucky are you at rng?"

:wtc:

Yeah, if they allowed any AI sculpting at all, this would actually be interesting, but as it is, it's just "everybody grind as best you can so we can all get soul gear"

Incidentally, Yekaterina's soul gear should be first stop for basically everybody, as it gets her to 90% disarm chance and 100% charge chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Yeka's wings is probably the safest way to go for soul gear but remember that soul gear is only available to 20 heroes right now. There might be a chance that some heroes will have multiple soul gear too since there are 7 raid bosses and the later soul gear will probably be based around their designs. Just know that if you plan to upgrade your soul gear, you're in it for the long haul.

Look at this dumb text:

A summon scroll is worth 60k soul stones. At some point along the upgrade, you might end up spending as much as 60k soul stones per upgrade. There is no reason for this to be here unless the chances get so bad later on that you might as well blow an entire scroll to upgrade it.

Besides Yeka, I would advise you guys to not rush soul gear unless one of those 20 heroes happens to be your favorite. This poo poo is really costly except for those in top 10 guilds.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jun 13, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

Yeka's wings is probably the safest way to go for soul gear but remember that soul gear is only available to 20 heroes right now. There might be a chance that some heroes will have multiple soul gear too since there are 7 raid bosses and the later soul gear will probably be based around their designs. Just know that if you plan to upgrade your soul gear, you're in it for the long haul.

Look at this dumb text:

A summon scroll is worth 60k soul stones. At some point along the upgrade, you might end up spending as much as 60k soul stones per upgrade. There is no reason for this to be here unless the chances get so bad later on that you might as well blow an entire scroll to upgrade it.

Besides Yeka, I would advise you guys to not rush soul gear unless one of those 20 heroes happens to be your favorite. This poo poo is really costly except for those in top 10 guilds.

I would not even remotely be surprised if they put out a soul gear package(s) at some point.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

I'm still mostly just throwing myself at guild/PVP stuff, and coming up on the end of PVE. I decided awhile ago to make myself a core team of 5 and then build up other ones one at a time after my core was done(5 starred, leveled, geared, etc).

Right now, that team is Muzaka, Krut, Raizel, Mas and Raskreia. It has an attacker of each type, some decent but not great Co-op bonuses, a good healer and "tank". All of them are 5-star with the exception of Raizel who should hit it tomorrow, so I'm thinking more about equipment on them now. Is there some kind of rough guide as to what sets should be on what people? Or just stats to build them with in general?

Since they're mostly complete level-wise, who else should I be putting on a list to work on, and roughly what order?

Mardragon
Mar 4, 2004
Cinderella boy... Out of nowhere...
Yam Slacker

Vincent Valentine posted:

I'm still mostly just throwing myself at guild/PVP stuff, and coming up on the end of PVE. I decided awhile ago to make myself a core team of 5 and then build up other ones one at a time after my core was done(5 starred, leveled, geared, etc).

Right now, that team is Muzaka, Krut, Raizel, Mas and Raskreia. It has an attacker of each type, some decent but not great Co-op bonuses, a good healer and "tank". All of them are 5-star with the exception of Raizel who should hit it tomorrow, so I'm thinking more about equipment on them now. Is there some kind of rough guide as to what sets should be on what people? Or just stats to build them with in general?

Since they're mostly complete level-wise, who else should I be putting on a list to work on, and roughly what order?

So that is a good team for vanilla PvE, however when you get into Tower of Dawn you are going to need some specific types of heroes with stun, disable, immobilize, charm, aggro, and healing.
You have healing so you need someone like Bearman for agro, Gillan or preferably Raboff for disarm, Serendi for charm, mu or one of the other stunners, and lena for like the 50 things she does well in ToD.

The post above that said this is a sorta roadmap for who else to level:

Somefool posted:

Here's a list of heroes with stuns:

Skill 2 Stunners
Mu - 100% regardless of level
Kitty - 80% at level 10
Jenny - 40.8% at level 10
Seira - 80% at level 10, target must be branded
Chris - 66% at level 10

Skill 3 Stunners
Unknown - 75% at level 10
Alex - 75% at level 10

Mu is clearly the best at stunning because of her 100% stun rate, but remember that once the boss reach level 3 form, there is always a chance that it will be blocked completely so don't depend on her only. Sadly the only other hero with a skill 3 stun is Alex and he happens to be a blue gene hero. You're better off using an Unknown merc unless you happen to have spare blue genes or perfect genes.

Disarm is a bit different. Here's a list of all disarmers:

Raboff - 75% at level 10, last 2 turns
Gillan - 75% at level 10
Yeka - 80% at level 10, requires 2 charges

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Data patch notes today

quote:

10. The error for unreceived guild-raid rewards has been fixed.

- The unreceived rewards will be delivered individually and we will make a further announcement on the delivery schedule in the near future.We apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused.

Details from previous patch notes I want to highlight.

06.09 Patch Note

https://m.nexon.com/forum/thread/6637-06.09-Patch-Note

quote:

2) Auto Battle/Guild Skill
- Battles in Dark Fortress are conducted automatically and guild skills can be used strategically.
- Enhancing the guild skills will be added at the guild barracks will be added in the future update.

3) Weekly Guild Rewards
- Daily guild scores will be added.
* You are eligible for the weekly guild rewards if you play Dark Fortress 3 times or more a week, with once a day.

Make your guild happy and play it every day :getin:

quote:

5. Guild Raid – Dark Fortress Basic Information
- Guild Raid Play Counts: Daily max play counts are 5. The first three plays are free charge, while the next two can be accessed by using crystals.

re: Transcending equipment

The equipment to be transcended needs to be +10 or higher. The equipment to be sacrificed only needs to be +9

If you are concerned about maximum returns only use transcendence tickets on SS gear.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Since I was really confused about it myself: the keys you're recieving have nothing to do with transcending or soul gear. They're item currency for attempts 4 & 5 in the Dark Fortess in place of paying crystals. For whatever reason the art for the Keys Of Darkness look more like the soul gear art than the Dark Fortress.

Also don't be afraid to double up on Skill 2 and Skill 3 heroes for Dark Fortress, because not only is the AI terrible and easily distractable, but most of the easily-obtained stunners do not have 100% chance to stun. On top of that is the fact that Level 4 bosses have a chance to just straight up not recieve the stun.

Question for NinjaDebugger since he's usually good about this: how are the new sets, and is there a good star coocoo to go for this week? I like the Dodge-based sets (if only because it gives Dodge a needed boost compared to stacking defense), and Magical Marksman looks interesting (and I'm almost at 1500 crystals and 0 full 5 star sets).

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

Question for NinjaDebugger since he's usually good about this: how are the new sets, and is there a good star coocoo to go for this week? I like the Dodge-based sets (if only because it gives Dodge a needed boost compared to stacking defense), and Magical Marksman looks interesting (and I'm almost at 1500 crystals and 0 full 5 star sets).

1* Death Blow is good, Spirit of Cold Steel is fantastic, Battlefield Healer is solid. The noblesse sets are lackluster, but if you're short on 1 star sets for your supports, a thousand defense per 2 pieces is pretty good.
2* Frenzy Token is nuts if you can assemble it, Legion Banner is okay in the absence of other aggro sets, pacifist is crap. The noblesse S set is good, so if you've got crystals to burn, this is decent.
3* High Human Guardian is poo poo, Super Ranger Pink is okay, Tiger Claw Tribe Guardian is fantastic, and APB is APB. I would wait for next week on 3 star unless you're packing bits of HHG and Super Ranger already and want to try and complete them.
4* Devil Knight is a clear response to dominance of Jenny and Klein, but it's SS so it's not going to fix anything for non-whales. Iron Fortress is a fantastic S rank alternative to Defender of Earth. Ketarh's Secret is a solid 2-piece, so, like 2* this is a decent place to burn crystals, especially since both new sets only need 2 pieces to be good.
5* Magical Marksman is kinda bad compared to other 5 star SS, but also has no requirements. Calm Guide's another S-rank alternative to the big SS HP sets, and Revelation of the Great Universe is A-rank Mini-Klein. Three downsides to pulling this, aside from the absurd cost: 1) The Difference Between You And Me. 2) Two of the sets are brand new and you probably don't have spare bits of them to complete. 3) Revelation is only good as a 3 piece. On the up side, Short in Height, Tall in Heart, and both the new sets only need 2 pieces to be good.

For my part, I -did- pull 2 star, because I had 1 piece of frenzy token, and it took me 3 pulls to get 2 more pieces. I'm not pulling 4 or 5 because I blew my wad last week trying for APB and got 0 pieces out of 12 ten pulls, and I'm saving what I have to attempt getting a third piece of Omniscient and Omnipotent and/or a fourth piece of Klein's.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jun 13, 2016

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

How good are the story heroes from the first few islands? I'm wondering if it's worth spending any genes on their skills.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Save perfect genes for later VERY hard to grind for heroes.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Well, MMania just left the guild, I'm not sure why. If there's anybody who wants the spot, tell me here and send a join request.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I just unlocked guilds, and would like GodsBlister to be of service. As minute a service it may be right now.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
33 minutes until attendance check.

Either Sophism or Killbarn need to do the guild checkin, or GodsBlister needs to get invited and then check in.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Mardragon posted:

So that is a good team for vanilla PvE, however when you get into Tower of Dawn you are going to need some specific types of heroes with stun, disable, immobilize, charm, aggro, and healing.
You have healing so you need someone like Bearman for agro, Gillan or preferably Raboff for disarm, Serendi for charm, mu or one of the other stunners, and lena for like the 50 things she does well in ToD.

The post above that said this is a sorta roadmap for who else to level:

Thanks for this, I have Serendi and Mu at 4 star just kind of hanging out with terrible gear. Serendi's skills are close to maxed, Mu's....aren't. Since they're already pretty well progressed I'll work on them next, with Raboff after(for guild stuff) and Bearman last.

Is there anything special I should know about gear, aside from just throwing crystals at the shop and hoping for the best, and using platinum gear in the meantime? Should I be leveling up equipment so that I can extract it to build up the alchemy bar faster?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Nomadic Scholar posted:

I just unlocked guilds, and would like GodsBlister to be of service. As minute a service it may be right now.

Sent you an invite.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Interesting...I think MMania may have checked in before leaving, and it counted towards our total, because despite only having 17 checks, it is claiming we got 18.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Here's a road map for people who are either midway into the story or towards the end. Ultimately, you want every hero skilled up but let's start with usefulness. I won't include event heroes, but I hope to god everyone have them.

The very first thing, if you haven't already, is to go get Jack and max out his third skill. That's all you need on him to be useful. You can max out the rest of his skills later if you want.

Assuming you have your first full team of 5* heroes or high level 4*, start climbing up Tower of Dawn. Your goal is to complete floors 1-55. This should be doable with a 5* team and if you're having issues, ask here or check the FWT reddit for tips on clearing difficult floors. Being able to clear ToD is very important because it gives you nearly every resource you want in large quantities. This is how you progress in the game quickly. Floor 55 is especially important because it gives you a random complete set on completion. This is worth quite a lot considering how difficult it can be to finish a full set.

Next focus should be being able to clear Coocoo dungeon stage 10. Stage 10 gives out level 220 golden Coocoos and those are pretty much the highest exp monsters you can get in the game outside of level 250 Coocoos that comes from paid packages or events. This is important because you are going to need a large variety of heroes for the end game and this is the fastest method of leveling. In terms of hero priority, you want to have heroes capable of clearing these dungeons quickly.

If you don't know already, each Coocoo dungeon have a specific weakness:
Scissor - DoT effect lowers their defense greatly.
Rock - Stun effect lowers their defense greatly.
Paper - Movement decrease lowers their counter attack damage greatly.

If you want to know what heroes you should work on first, go for the ones that can help clear out Coocoo dungeons efficiently.

Here are my recommended heroes you should pick up to help with these dungeons:
Scissor - Deb, Jack, Serendi
Rock - Jenny, Mu, Unknown, Chris
Paper - Alfred, Lance

You just need a couple of heroes who can apply the status effects and the rest be your strongest damage dealers to finish them off quickly. I didn't list mid-late tier heroes on the off chance there are issues auto farming for them. Some I also didn't list, like Poni, because if the status effect is on the 1st skill slot, the AI won't use it right away until it runs into MP issues.

Your goal is to SS rank stage 10, so work towards leveling and gearing up the heroes required to do so.

Once that's done, here's a list of heroes you should work towards unlocking and skilling up:

Story
High Priority (get these guys asap)
Bearman - Max skills 3-4-1 in that order first.
Serendi - Max skills 3-4 in that order first.
Raboff - Max his 3rd skill.
Gillan - Max his 3rd skill.

Pick These Up Whenever You Can (in no particular order)
Mas - 2nd strongest pure healer.
Dolores - Max his passive for more gold. His 2nd skill have a 100% chance to remove enemy buffs at level 1.
Lily - Max 3rd skill. Never know when you need to shove someone away later.
Cleo - Max all her skills. Has a ton of utility and good everywhere.
Jin - Extremely good for pve content.
Lilid - Max 3rd skill. Never know when you need to pull someone towards you.
Kitty - Max all her skills. She is extremely fragile though.

When You Are Strong Enough
Angela
Lee
Klein

If it were me, I would go for everyone but heroes with special functions should be farmed first.

Ancient Coin
Mu - Have her unlocked. No need to skill her if you only plan to use her for the 100% stun.
Unknown - Should be 2nd unlock and max his 3rd asap.

After that, spend your ancient coins however you like.

Battle of Honor
Persona - Unlocked but not skilled. His 2nd skill is useful on certain maps to relocate enemies.
Belle - Unlock and skill. Strongest healer in the game with aoe debuff removal for allies.

Go for Nox if you really want him but he's not necessary for anything.

Blue Unknown Gene
This one is actually a bit tricky now due to Guild Raid.

Alex - I would now probably prioritize having him first over Rage and try to max out his 3rd skill. He's the only other hero with a 3rd skill stun besides Unknown.
Zero - Unlock but not skilled. Having Zero on Tuesday's raid gives everyone water walk, which lets you bring in more melee heroes.
Rage - Strong ranged rock type.

If it were me new to this game now, I would unlock Alex first and then spend another month to level up his 3rd skill and blow some pgenes to max it. This will help greatly vs raid bosses weak to stun and make farming rock Coocoos a lot easier. Zero should be next to make Tuesday's raid more accessible to melee heroes. After that, do whatever you want with blue genes.

Dimensional Breakthrough
Do your best.

There are a ton of heroes to level up and that's why having access to level 220 Coocoos will help a ton in getting everyone to 5* quickly. Note that there will be oddball situations where certain maps want one particular set of heroes like all papers or only attack types, so you will want as many heroes at 5* if possible.

edit: I'll do an effort post on how to itemize characters later. The short version is having good potentials on items matters a ton.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Jun 14, 2016

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
This is a good post, thank you. I'm struggling on the 5th mirror floor on normal in the ToD. So many stuns and those Alex's hit like trucks.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
You skipped dimensional breakthrough. For dimensional breakthrough, a hard hitting team (low 5*) backed up by Mas can get through the first six levels without a scratch. The final four levels can be won by sending in a single sacrificial lamb and a maxed hellfire, doing another level to get your lord gauge up, and then repeating until the hp is low enough you can kill them in a single hit with your main team.

Mardragon
Mar 4, 2004
Yam Slacker

Vincent Valentine posted:

Is there anything special I should know about gear, aside from just throwing crystals at the shop and hoping for the best, and using platinum gear in the meantime? Should I be leveling up equipment so that I can extract it to build up the alchemy bar faster?

I wouldn't level up gear to just raise the alchemy bar, use those resources to level gear you need for characters you have to switch in.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Eventually you'll reach a point where you can autorun every level of the material dungeons and have equipment on all the heroes filled and leveled; at that point I'd say its good to level and alchemize gear. Just note that the number of enchants dont increase the bar, just the item's grade/color.

The platinum items you get from alchemy have a bunch of quite nice bonuses (my fave being the +2% damage on swords and +10-30 mp on health accessories) and are worth the effort.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Updating OP with a variety of things. Thank you Somefool for your effort posts.

I do edit quoted posts for clarity and flow. Will be adding some new content. If there are errors please advise.

Cheers :toot:

Mardragon
Mar 4, 2004
Yam Slacker

Helical Nightmares posted:

Updating OP with a variety of things. Thank you Somefool for your effort posts.

I do edit quoted posts for clarity and flow. Will be adding some new content. If there are errors please advise.

Cheers :toot:

I'd get rid of the best PvP heroes section/sections, as that isn't terribly accurate.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Mardragon posted:

I'd get rid of the best PvP heroes section/sections, as that isn't terribly accurate.

Also it changes all the drat time, thanks to new sets, new characters, and general metagame shifts. Raizel alone is likely to cause a slow but big shift, in that Krut, Raboff, and other low MP heroes with relatively short range are absolutely wrecked by his MP burn, especially Raboff, who was a key to dealing with the mostly rock meta.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Just shove this into the PvP section:

"Do you have event heroes? Abuse them!"

Besides Yeka, you can just compose your entire team of nothing but event heroes and be fine. Except Frank. He's god awful.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

If you are within rage for getting a S rank in guild combat, spend the 2 Dark Keys you have to do it and grab the Soul Gear Summon Scroll reward.

vvvvvvvv

Questions.

-For new players leveling Carrot and Deborah is no longer recommended correct?

I now have the following sets

3* Wilderness Desperado - Trigger: if only one left standing;
Increase attack by 50%; Increase dodge 2500

3* 2 pieces Unbeatable Warlord (I already have first set on Bearman)

3* 2 pieces Super Ranger: Pink - Trigger: activates set effects at beginning of combat
Increase Hit rate

Who should I put these on?

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jun 14, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

That's just a chance for an entire scroll. So far I've only pulled out Soul Stones and no scroll pieces.

Also Deb is still really good as she is still your first big aoe hero besides Rask and needed to clear scissor coocoos quickly. Carrot is still useful as the first decent long range hero, I just wouldn't invest too heavily into her.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

Somefool posted:

Carrot is still useful as the first decent long range hero, I just wouldn't invest too heavily into her.

:smithicide:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I've found Rask to dramatically decrease in usefulness the closer I get towards end game. Right now I generally run Jack, Muzaka, Mu, Serendi and Rage, with Unknown, Raziel, Dominique, Bearman and Raboff all 5 star and slowly having their skills maxed. Brute forcing things no longer works sadly.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I'm guessing this means it's not worth grinding out Lance, right?

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Nomadic Scholar posted:

I'm guessing this means it's not worth grinding out Lance, right?

I personally find Lance to be a pretty good hero. Serendi + Lance makes a great pair because Serendi will trigger Lance's passive which gives him 6 movement and Serendi can remove the movement debuff off Lance from his 3rd skill.

In fact, Lance and Serendi is part of my team for autoing Hell Lee because they can walk through swamps.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

I personally find Lance to be a pretty good hero. Serendi + Lance makes a great pair because Serendi will trigger Lance's passive which gives him 6 movement and Serendi can remove the movement debuff off Lance from his 3rd skill.

In fact, Lance and Serendi is part of my team for autoing Hell Lee because they can walk through swamps.

Lance is also great because he has a 100% taunt, the only one in the game. The ONLY taunt in the game until you unlock Valkyrie, who only has 80%, at best.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Oh my. So I should focus on getting muzaka and the other guy when my mercenaries are up, and Deborah and Lance when they aren't?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Oh my. So I should focus on getting muzaka and the other guy when my mercenaries are up, and Deborah and Lance when they aren't?

You absolutely want to get Muzaka and Raizel. I posted a priority list for the event earlier in the thread, it's on the last page if you look at all my posts.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I just keep getting sweeped by them if I don't have a good Merc with me, I just barely unlocked the lost island.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Nomadic Scholar posted:

I just keep getting sweeped by them if I don't have a good Merc with me, I just barely unlocked the lost island.

Rush through the story until you hit Vulcan, which is 4th area, and unlock Jack asap. With a high level merc, this shouldn't be too difficult. Jack should help you out plenty in farming lost island and hopefully you don't need a merc.

Also how close are you to unlock Rask in the event shop? If you can unlock her, feed all the event shop coocoos to her first and she should help you power through the game.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

Rush through the story until you hit Vulcan, which is 4th area, and unlock Jack asap. With a high level merc, this shouldn't be too difficult. Jack should help you out plenty in farming lost island and hopefully you don't need a merc.

Also how close are you to unlock Rask in the event shop? If you can unlock her, feed all the event shop coocoos to her first and she should help you power through the game.

This. Hell, even Frank can help you power through, when you power level him with those coocoos.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I just got Mas. He seems useful. And I didn't even realize there was an event shop until after this was mentioned. I just stockpiled gems for awhile thinking they were just for equipment upgrades. I just need like 100 more for Rask. Then I'll probably just buy frank for completionist sake.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Nexon just decided to give everyone 2 Soul Scrolls for free, so have fun people!

+5 to +6 cost 2400 Soul Stones
+6 to +7 cost 3100 Soul Stones
+7 to +8 cost 3900 Soul Stones

Took me 3 tries to get +7, so that's 9300 Soul Stones gone. But now my Yeka has a 90.2% chance to gain a charge:

:getin:

Gonna hold onto my last Scroll and wait until they release more Soul Gear. I'm now down to 4.2k Soul Stones from 20k just upgrading Yeka's wings.

Here are my Yeka's stats:

Now to kill her off and move her gear to Jenny.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jun 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Two scrolls? I only got one... maybe it's random, and I got the short stick? I also got more fortress keys.

• Locked thread