Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

elf help book posted:

My Nintendo has some extra things for E3. There's a "Sheikah Slate", "Sheikah Eye" and "Z icon" on e3.nintendo.com and clicking on each of them gets you 30 platinum coins each. And there's a secret bonus where if you click on the mii sticking out of the treehouse on the Games page, you get 10 more.

Am I a huge dumbass? I found the slate (one of the news items near the bottom) and hidden bonus but not the eye or the Z icon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Boten Anna posted:

Am I a huge dumbass? I found the slate (one of the news items near the bottom) and hidden bonus but not the eye or the Z icon.

The eye is the one at the bottom. The slate is in the middle of all the tweets, I can't find the Z either.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
The Z is on the Zelda trailer if you click "Videos" at the top, took me a while too.

The Eye is specifically on the Zelda game page, not just anywhere.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I can't find the Z. The eye is in the social media links on the Zelda game page.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

The Z is on the Zelda trailer if you click "Videos" at the top, took me a while too.

Oh wow, well hidden.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Aha! The code for it is on all the pages; I was wondering why I couldn't see it.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

They hid that Z good, a visual hint:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Man, i would not have found that Z without the pic.

And the Slate only gave 10 coints, and the Eye 20. Not sure if that's correct, i thought they were all supposed to give 30.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Do the VC Oracle games have some sort of connectivity revision built into the games so that I don't have to type in a long password to start game #2?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Nope. But the password is pretty short so whatever.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

HenryEx posted:

Man, i would not have found that Z without the pic.

And the Slate only gave 10 coints, and the Eye 20. Not sure if that's correct, i thought they were all supposed to give 30.

I was wrong.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Man, I still need about 200 extra points for that Warioware game before it vanishes in a few days. What else gives platinum points outside the missions (which are all done?).

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Still can't find the Eye. I went to the Zelda game pad, but the page keeps crashing.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Rirse posted:

Still can't find the Eye. I went to the Zelda game pad, but the page keeps crashing.

It's at the very bottom of the page near the social media links. Switch browser.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

Man, I still need about 200 extra points for that Warioware game before it vanishes in a few days. What else gives platinum points outside the missions (which are all done?).

You can get 120 a week by

1) signing into My Nintendo and clicking the coin next to your mii's feet
2) going to nintendo.com
3) going to miiverse
4) opening the eshop

You should be able to get 200 by the end of the month.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

elf help book posted:

2) going to nintendo.com
3) going to miiverse
4) opening the eshop

And you can get an additional 5 a day by just changing your outfit each day in Miitomo.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

The best thing Nintendo could announce at E3 would be Miitomo not crashing on launch on Android N, have they announced that yet? :rant:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Cool, thanks.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Are they going to or have they already announced what new things will be available next time? I dunno if I should get Warioware or save my coins...

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Speaking of My Nintendo Coins; friendly reminder that you get Gold Coins based on a game's current FULL price, not the sale price. Got credit for a $39.99 purchase from buying Paper Jam at $21.79

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

jivjov posted:

Speaking of My Nintendo Coins; friendly reminder that you get Gold Coins based on a game's current FULL price, not the sale price. Got credit for a $39.99 purchase from buying Paper Jam at $21.79

I really wish those coins built up like digital deluxe points. It's kind of bs that you get nothing for buying NES games.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
there is nothing remotely special about the sale. I got a lot of good first party games at their sale last year.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

jivjov posted:

Did the same with Majora's Mask. Just in time to see what the next batch of gold coin rewards are in two weeks.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Spacebump posted:

I really wish those coins built up like digital deluxe points. It's kind of bs that you get nothing for buying NES games.

You get a good NES game.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

elf help book posted:

You get a good NES game.

What if you bought a lovely NES game?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

thexerox123 posted:

Get to learn the joy of Bayou Billy.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

thexerox123 posted:

Then you've got an actual people generation's worth of critiques and retrospectives that could have told you that this was a bad idea so whose fault is that.

^ ^ ^ Not a bad answer either.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Definitely grabbing the Oracles, Paper Jam, and maybe Story of Seasons.

Actually before I do, does anyone have any impressions of Story of Seasons? I like Harvest Moon, but I already have Rune Factory 4 and I haven't started it yet. I know they're different games, but they're similar enough for me to be wary about setting myself up to have to play through both given their scope.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Actually before I do, does anyone have any impressions of Story of Seasons? I like Harvest Moon, but I already have Rune Factory 4 and I haven't started it yet. I know they're different games, but they're similar enough for me to be wary about setting myself up to have to play through both given their scope.

RF4 scope is way bigger and honestly is my favorite game of all time, with everything including the kitchen sink thrown in. Story of Seasons is a fairly average HM with average characters and much more limited character development. SoS is alright but if you're choosing between the two of them there's no contest, unless you hate fighting/anime/fun

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn

elf help book posted:

2) going to nintendo.com
3) going to miiverse
4) opening the eshop

I didn't know about this one. How does it work? I don't see a mission for it on My Nintendo.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

wocobob posted:

I didn't know about this one. How does it work? I don't see a mission for it on My Nintendo.

Go to Nintendo.com, ensure your mii is in the top right corner showing you are logged in, then check this page and it should be listed there https://my.nintendo.com/point/history

I think it's a secret mission

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Is there any point in getting Smash on 3DS?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Lemon-Lime posted:

Is there any point in getting Smash on 3DS?

Sure. If you don't have a Wii U or just want to play Smash on the go. It has full online connectivity and all the DLC characters, and to boot Smash Run is far superior to Smash Tour.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The Bravely Second theme is only 100PPs but what if I need those for a reward game... :ohdear:

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

SelenicMartian posted:

The Bravely Second theme is only 100PPs but what if I need those for a reward game... :ohdear:

You can get Platinum Points very quickly, and the games take forever to change, so it's not a problem at all.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
If you do an eShop preloading thing, is the game available at midnight on the release date or is there a certain time where the game actually unlocks? This is my first time ever buying/downloading a game on the eShop before it's released, and the fact that it's in Japanese doesn't help.

Not that, I'm uh, ...impatient, or anything.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

TLoZ picross is cool and good if you like picross. It's kinda the same thing as Pokémon picross, just less puzzles and less fleshed out. Well worth the zero dollars.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

enojy posted:

TLoZ picross is cool and good if you like picross. It's kinda the same thing as Pokémon picross, just less puzzles and less fleshed out. Well worth the zero dollars.

Yeah I'd be mad if I paid for it as I breezed through it in a few hours, but as a free thing it's amazing and I love it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Haha that skylanders superchargers sale is for the game only, so for 25 bucks you can buy a game you can't play unless you also buy a portal and some figures. You'd be better off going to gamestop at that point since gamestop has copies of the game by itself for $15

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I just bought all the my nintendo 3ds themes because I don't know what the hell else to use the coins for (already got Warioware and Zelda picross)