Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Slate Action posted:

hahaha

you can be sure Trump's campaign won't waste any money at aaaaaallllllll

They're gonna have tons of cash if reporters have to pay a million dollars a pop for interviews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Republicans are all going to drink themselves to death harder than John Boehner at this rate.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
GOP party officials could not be reached for comment as they were all hiding single-file behind the same bush

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

paranoid randroid posted:

i can only imagine trump is campaigning in CA and NY because he looked at an electoral map and saw that they were worth yuuuge votes

Why are these dummies not going for the big prize? Montana and the dakotas? Small time, we need to go bigly

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

fade5 posted:

Republicans are all going to drink themselves to death harder than John Boehner at this rate.

https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/742833898099515393

wrong c/p :sweatdrop:

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I don't care how much of a long shot it is. I'm still holding out hope that Friend Ben declares himself the VP nominee.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

GOP party officials could not be reached for comment as they were all hiding single-file behind the same bush

Republicans always file singly to hide their tax returns.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
poo poo if I was a reporter and I could get Trump to sue me over an innocuous request I'd just keep asking.

Especially if I lived in a jurisdiction where there was a good chance my case would be presided over by a female, Muslim, or Mexican judge.

Pook Good Mook fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 14, 2016

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

That's pretty smart, I mean Jeb! is pretty tall honestly.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Hmmmmmmm

I think that Trumps going to have to shoot for

The Moon

now

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

shiksa posted:

Why are these dummies not going for the big prize? Montana and the dakotas? Small time, we need to go bigly

Well there's someone with a EV map on his staff since he gave that Orlando speech in Manchester, NH. If he had his way he'd have done it at some golf course.

Speaking of, doesn't he have an international trip planned this summer to visit his golf courses?

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

pathetic little tramp posted:

That's pretty smart, I mean Jeb! is pretty tall honestly.

lol

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Teddybear posted:

Basically! The official policy is that whoever's the older moderator has seniority and can overrule other mods by de-modding them. If someone turns a subreddit to poo poo, the admin's response is to start your own.

This is why the wrestling subreddit is /r/squaredcircle instead of /r/wrestling and why the pot subreddit is /r/trees instead of /r/marijuana.

This did lead to white supremacists rushing to register subreddits in the name of notable black victims of police violence. I believe for a time that Ferguson, TrayvonMartin, MikeBrown, and other such similar things hosted white supremacist content and were considered part of, and I poo poo you not this is what they called themselves, the "Chimpire."

Reddit's pretty hosed, y'all.
Note that there are subreddits that are exceptions to this, and are relatively well moderated. However, a subreddit being well-moderated depends entirely on it having good moderators that care about the subreddit. As an example r Syrian Civil War used to be excellently moderated in the past, but it's declined in the last year or so. (It's still much better than almost everywhere else on reddit that involves Islam.)

E: Huh, this was actually a couple pages back. Oh well. Have this:
https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/742818837817622529?lang=en
Hillary's still using Trump's own words against him.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jun 14, 2016

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

fade5 posted:

I think John Boehner just laughs and gets day drunk watching his party go full dumpster fire. He's out of the game. Hell the last time we heard from him he basically called Ted Cruz a twat then went back to retirement. Dude's out of fucks.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

lol id forgotten about that

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Pook Good Mook posted:

Well there's someone with a EV map on his staff since he gave that Orlando speech in Manchester, NH. If he had his way he'd have done it at some golf course.

Speaking of, doesn't he have an international trip planned this summer to visit his golf courses?

Yeah late June, Scotland I think? Meanwhile Democrats will he able to just broadside him the entire time hes gone because no one else is allowed to craft a response and the surrogates are running out of steam.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/CBSDFW/status/742835254994608128

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

shiksa posted:

Yeah late June, Scotland I think? Meanwhile Democrats will he able to just broadside him the entire time hes gone because no one else is allowed to craft a response and the surrogates are running out of steam.

All memes die, all memes fade

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Pook Good Mook posted:

He is going overseas. He'll be at his Scotland golf course June 24, the day after the Brexit vote.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/01/politics/trump-visit-united-kingdom-brexit/

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Officers responding to a reported shooting at a Wal-Mart store in Amarillo on Tuesday shot and likely killed a man who had taken at least one person hostage, according to police.

The Amarillo Police Department released a brief statement saying people inside the store were safe and described the incident as a "workplace violence event." The department said the suspect was shot and "is apparently dead," though no details have been provided. No other injuries were reported.

"So maybe don't post this kind of poo poo without comment" Al was overheard to say.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

fade5 posted:

Note that there are subreddits that are exceptions to this, and are relatively well moderated. However, a subreddit being well-moderated depends entirely on it having good moderators that care about the subreddit. As an example r Syrian Civil War used to be excellently moderated in the past, but it's declined in the last year or so. (It's still much better than almost everywhere else on reddit that involves Islam.)

Yeah, there is a lot of good content on Reddit but the problem has always been the signal to noise ratio (and the particular nature of the noise, for that matter) and these days the good content is getting harder and harder to find. Reddit has a lot of active posters at any given time. If a discussion in an obscure SR blows up you can bet that SR is not going to be obscure for very much longer, and as the userbase increases the quality of the content decreases. Additionally, the upvote/downvote system is actually a really horrible idea since it ends up being an echo chamber for what ideas are popular at any given time among their userbase (white males 15-35) and those ideas have been consistently horrible for the last five years.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Going to be exciting for every crime committed by a Muslim to now be considered an act of extremist grand theft auto or Muslim shoplifting or Islamic jaywalking

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Mo-god-drat just sounds like something 4chan made up and they ran with it.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
but did he swear allegiance to the Tsarnev Bros before getting popped

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Man I uh

I don't want to sound like I'm condoning violence here but I cannot imagine the employees of an Amarillo, TX wal-mart did a lot to make Mohammad feel like a well-respected and important part of the team

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

The country is experiencing a rash of radical Islamic parking violations

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

but did he swear allegiance to the Tsarnev Bros before getting popped

Actually, this dispute happened because he wanted to play the newest Super Tsarnev Bros but Brad was hogging the demo station

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Al! posted:

Actually, this dispute happened because he wanted to play the newest Super Tsarnev Bros but Brad was hogging the demo station

Actually, he had a mental break and pledged his allegiance to Tsar Nev B. Ruthers, who he believed to be the ruler of the Russian Empire.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

lol within an hour of this being noticed the guy investigated further and confirmed the treasurer of the super PAC was convicted for running a $460M ponzi scheme back in 90s

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Good Citizen posted:

lol within an hour of this being noticed the guy investigated further and confirmed the treasurer of the super PAC was convicted for running a $460M ponzi scheme back in 90s

I love this election

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Oiled and Ready posted:

Actually, he had a mental break and pledged his allegiance to Tsar Nev B. Ruthers, who he believed to be the ruler of the Russian Empire.

I heard it was Rutherford b Hayes and Mohommed was protesting the Canal Venture of the damnable French

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Good Citizen posted:

:laffo: so what you're saying is that he is perfect trump fundraising material

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I'm uh listening to an audiobook on the Panama Canal, I don't expect anyone to get that at all

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I saw a car with a COEXIST sticker merge illegally and, just for a moment, thanks to the my true patriot freedom flag sunglasses, I was able to see the event for what it was - a Hilux with a machine gun bolted onto the bed serpentining wildly as at least 20 swarthy men with AKs held on in the back

thankfully i was prepared, and as soon as I uttered the killing phrase, "radical islam" the vision of terror retreated

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jun 14, 2016

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i'm going to have the best people, i'm telling you. the best.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Epic High Five posted:

I saw a car with a COEXIST sticker merge illegally and, just for a moment, thanks to the my true patriot freedom flag sunglasses, I was able to see the event for what it was - a Hilux with a machine gun bolted onto the bed serpentining wildly as at least 20 swarthy men is AKs held on in the back

thankfully i was prepared, and as soon as I uttered the killing phrase, "radical islam" the vision of terror retreated

lmao

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Epic High Five posted:

I saw a car with a COEXIST sticker merge illegally and, just for a moment, thanks to the my true patriot freedom flag sunglasses, I was able to see the event for what it was - a Hilux with a machine gun bolted onto the bed serpentining wildly as at least 20 swarthy men is AKs held on in the back

A pickup truck full of tanned men waving rifles is basically what passes for a pilot car along the I-4 corridor between Tampa and Orlando these days. Are you sure it was a Hilux?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
ha ha ha, that super PAC guy is suing Jeffrey Epstein for allegedly participating in his own ponzi scheme and is reporting on it and trump on his own fake news site http://postpublishing.buzz/

This guy is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

FAUXTON posted:

A pickup truck full of tanned men waving rifles is basically what passes for a pilot car along the I-4 corridor between Tampa and Orlando these days. Are you sure it was a Hilux?

I thought this might be a simple Florida Man or Carb Day situation so I made sure to check their calves - cantaloupe-sized, as I feared

these were the real deal

• Locked thread