Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Mover posted:

Let's not forget one of the dumber Rogue power steals of all time

Hm. Is it fair to say that the difference between Ghost Rider and the Spectre is just power levels?

(oh, and re: Rogue - there was the time Leech jumped on her, and they both got knocked unconscious.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Ghost Rider has fire powers.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
And a motorbike. Sometimes a horse, or a truck, or a scooter.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Yo, somebody pls post panels of the All-Ghost-Rider-All-The-Time Rally Motorsport Cup from Secret Wars.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Toshimo posted:

Yo, somebody pls post panels of the All-Ghost-Rider-All-The-Time Rally Motorsport Cup from Secret Wars.

I distinctly recall a Ghost Rider Big Rig and I could use a new computer wallpaper.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Parahexavoctal posted:

Hm. Is it fair to say that the difference between Ghost Rider and the Spectre is just power levels?

(oh, and re: Rogue - there was the time Leech jumped on her, and they both got knocked unconscious.)

Well, if I remember right, Ghost Rider is a angel while Spectre was the representation of God's judgement or something, so they're different on different on many levels.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I distinctly recall a Ghost Rider Big Rig and I could use a new computer wallpaper.

Here you go

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Well, if I remember right, Ghost Rider is a angel while Spectre was the representation of God's judgement or something, so they're different on different on many levels.

Ghost Rider was a human possessed by the demon Zarathos.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

How the hell can Faith headbutt a person with a helmet and not totally split her skull open?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Samovar posted:

How the hell can Faith headbutt a person with a helmet and not totally split her skull open?

having faith in her forehead

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
One thing you learn real quick playing Mirror's Edge is that Faith Connors is arbitrarily superhuman. She looks like she weighs about sixty pounds but can deliver an out-to-in crescent kick that can shatter a safety helmet, and is effectively invincible as long as she's moving fast enough.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Samovar posted:

only thing over the face/nose is cheap plastic, but yeah she should be bleeding like whoa

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Wanderer posted:

One thing you learn real quick playing Mirror's Edge is that Faith Connors is arbitrarily superhuman. She looks like she weighs about sixty pounds but can deliver an out-to-in crescent kick that can shatter a safety helmet, and is effectively invincible as long as she's moving fast enough.

So she's a Guthrie.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

only thing over the face/nose is cheap plastic, but yeah she should be bleeding like whoa

She's headbutting him directly on the nose that only appears to be covered by a balaclava and not on the helmet, also comics

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Wanderer posted:

Putting all those points into Chi Mastery

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Cabbit posted:

So she's a Guthrie.

You know what, I think she is nigh-invulnerable while she's runnin'. Good catch.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

hiddenriverninja posted:

Putting all those points into Chi Mastery

She kind of is a Street Samurai

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Bohemian Nights posted:

She's headbutting him directly on the nose that only appears to be covered by a balaclava and not on the helmet, also comics

wow spoiler warning much??? Mods??

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Relatively recently Jason Aaron retconned that, yes, Ghost Rider is actually an angel and that Zarathos was just along for the ride. However, so is the Spectre.

See, during the rebellion in Heaven, an angel named Raguel participated on the wrong side. Following the defeat of Lucifer's forces, Raguel repented. God gave Raguel the chance to serve penance, but at the cost of the essence of his being. No more would he be his own entity, but a mere vessel to house the wrath of the Almighty. For his chance to someday earn redemption, he agreed to this terrible price. The Spectre slew the firstborn of Egypt. The Spectre destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. The Spectre was imprisoned in Limbo during Christ's time on Earth because it was decreed that the beings embodying God's mercy and His vengeance could not walk the Earth at the same time. Upon the Crucifixion, though, it was the Spectre who tore the curtain, bursting free of Limbo. However, it was decided that to temper his vengeance the Spectre would have to be bonded to a mortal soul, anchoring it to understand the living rather than merely punish them for wickedness. Thus began the Spectre's long string of hosts, murdered and crying out for justice.

In short: yes, they're both angels, though Ghost Rider can't do something like hold planets together during a multiversal doomsday event. The Spectre is all but literally the red right hand of God.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'd say "what the hell kind of angel has a flaming skull for a head" but given some of the descriptions of angels in scripture, being an eternally burning skeleton is positively mundane.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Incredible

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Not that that isn't incredible, but are you sure you didn't mean to post it here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3691736 ?

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I'd say "what the hell kind of angel has a flaming skull for a head" but given some of the descriptions of angels in scripture, being an eternally burning skeleton is positively mundane.

I can't remember where I read it, but someone once made the observation that the first thing the angel said to Israel when he appeared was, "Don't be afraid." There was a reason for that.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Seriously, he doesn't even have a wheel of 23 mouths chanting praises to the most high god in all the languages of man, what kind of garbage angel is he supposed to be?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Full page:

One of a bunch of silly, mostly media-inspired, Ghost Riders seen in GR #33, from 2009. More can be seen in this post right here.

GR #34 in that run is straight-up Ghost Rider vs. Demon Trucker, but the art isn't quite as balls-out as this page. Suydam cover, but a really meh one IMO.

Ygolonac fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jun 15, 2016

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Ygolonac posted:

Full page:

One of a bunch of silly, mostly media-inspired, Ghost Riders seen in GR #33, from 2009. More can be seen in this post right here.

GR #34 in that run is straight-up Ghost Rider vs. Demon Trucker, but the art isn't quite as balls-out as this page. Suydam cover, but a really meh one IMO.

gently caress. That Ghost Rider run is better than we deserve. Only omnibus I ever bought.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ghost Racers had too much to live up to

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Honestly, my favorite part of Ghost Racers was just the idea that when a Ghost Rider appears, everyone just rolls their eyes, captures it, and makes him race.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

goatface posted:

And a motorbike. Sometimes a horse, or a truck, or a scooter.

I'm thinking about a geologist receiving the power of Ghost Rider.

I'm thinking about him standing in the middle of a field, and saying....

"Continental Drift."

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Parahexavoctal posted:

"Continental Drift."

Well I'd buy your first issue at least.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Was there ever a space ghost rider who like rode a space shuttle with... fire... coming out...

I didnt think this through

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Ygolonac posted:

Full page:

I really hope the title of this issue was "Hellbound and Down"

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Arctic Baldwin posted:

Was there ever a space ghost rider who like rode a space shuttle with... fire... coming out...

There was the Ghost Rider of the Guardians of the Galaxy future, but sadly he just rode a space motorbike with a flaming tusked skull on the front. It looks about 100% less awesome than how you are currently picturing it sadly. http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_Vol_1_13

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

SiKboy posted:

There was the Ghost Rider of the Guardians of the Galaxy future, but sadly he just rode a space motorbike with a flaming tusked skull on the front. It looks about 100% less awesome than how you are currently picturing it sadly. http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_Vol_1_13

That's just Lobo.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Toshimo posted:

That's just Lobo.

Yeah, now we know where the Spazzfrag Spacehawg ended up.

December Octopodes
Dec 25, 2008

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!

Ygolonac posted:

Yeah, now we know where the Spazzfrag Spacehawg ended up.

he ripped off some chaos knight?

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA
the chaos star is older than games workshop

edit: but that's probably where the artist has it from

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

kujeger posted:

the chaos star is older than games workshop

edit: but that's probably where the artist has it from

I thought it was Moorcock that came up with that as the symbol for Chaos Lords/Dukes of Hell in his Eternal Champion books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Arctic Baldwin posted:

Yeah, his eyes were blue.