Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Had a McCree player named NERF who complained the whole match about how they nerfed McCree :buddy:

edit: Oh man I never realized how satisfying Reaper's ult was until I managed to get play of the game with it, especially considering how very little work goes into it beyond hoping the other team doesn't kill you first

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2zQ5ogT_tE

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jun 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

If you guys thought that Widowmaker nerfs would decrease the number of offensive Widows, prepare to be disappointed.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

fadam posted:

When you spend more time in queue than you do playing it is.
queues are pretty drat quick when you're a scrublord loser like me, just saying, sorry bout your MMR :mmmsmug:

Fellatio del Toro posted:

If you guys thought that Widowmaker nerfs would decrease the number of offensive Widows, prepare to be disappointed.
Yeah, seriously what the hell, I've been seeing like twice as many as usual today, and a bunch more on offense. I can't even imagine the psychology there.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i played zenyatta and it took a widowmaker 2 shots to kill me. it is a good day :unsmith:

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

verbal enema posted:

Man I was a salty bitch last night.

I still love you

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The McCree nerf is well overdue and fine. They've basically just raised his skill floor and now you have to be good at aiming his left click to go to town with him, which is what good players were doing anyway.

Only people who are really going to feel the nerf are people like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODqlPn68Uq0

https://gfycat.com/GrouchyGentleChanticleer
https://gfycat.com/ExhaustedShowyIslandwhistler

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

What's blizzard's take on keyboard macros? I have one that just type gg in game and sends it, won't get banned right?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Pumpy Dumper posted:

What's blizzard's take on keyboard macros? I have one that just type gg in game and sends it, won't get banned right?

how often does it send it

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Asimo posted:

queues are pretty drat quick when you're a scrublord loser like me, just saying, sorry bout your MMR :mmmsmug:

Yeah, seriously what the hell, I've been seeing like twice as many as usual today, and a bunch more on offense. I can't even imagine the psychology there.

People now feel like they can play her without seeing visions of satan writing down a new punishment in hell for every kill they make

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Pumpy Dumper posted:

I wouldn't risk it.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
yeah weird that people would want to play the classes that just changed so they can see how different they are in practice

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Countblanc posted:

yeah weird that people would want to play the classes that just changed so they can see how different they are in practice

Its as if Blizzard has this weekly mode they could test balance changes in before pushing to the primary servers...

Or they could use it for Dadblops for a week.

Yoked
Apr 3, 2007

Lucio booping is so satisfying:

https://gfycat.com/AnguishedTiredIcelandicsheepdog

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

There have been better ideas than call of daddy.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Just had a game on Ilios where some dude spent the entire game bitching at me (Pharah), because I didn't spend as much time in the air as he thought I should. ?????

We lose, and then he yells at me for being lovely and tells me to kill myself right as my POTG pops up. I also had four golds. The lack of scoreboard allows whole new avenues for fuckwads to make fools of themselves!

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Dadblops is a fun joke for a day or two but not like, a whole week of the single gimmick brawl slot. :effort:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Would it be fine to set up a macro to play "MMM WHATCHA SAYYY" every time a Widow kills someone?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
so in that video with tracer and widowmaker, why dont they put the robots hard drive in another robot???

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

so in that video with tracer and widowmaker, why dont they put the robots hard drive in another robot???

because robots have souls, as illustrated by Bastion and Zenyatta dropping souls when they die to reaper

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Countblanc posted:

because robots have souls, as illustrated by Bastion and Zenyatta dropping souls when they die to reaper

That's fine but i just don't like the idea of them getting married, ya know?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I've been playing Overwatch for the first time tonight and Bastion is really good for total garbage people like me, not having to worry about even moving is really nice and his chaingun has infinite range, as long as you know when to adjust your position and which chokepoints to defend you can rack up kill streaks

Lucio is good too, I know when to swap beats and when to amp them up, I'm no good at using his weapon or wall-skating at this point though

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Fellatio del Toro posted:

I got a couple of matches in and I can barely tell the difference re: Widow. McCree felt neutered and awful, on the other hand.

That said I (a certified bad) still got top scores in damage/elim all (three) matches as McCree. Maybe it'll pass once I get over fth being dogshit. :shrug:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
it's so, so nice to be able to play Zenyatta without being erased by a widow every time she sees me

JT Jag posted:

I've been playing Overwatch for the first time tonight and Bastion is really good for total garbage people like me, not having to worry about even moving is really nice and his chaingun has infinite range, as long as you know when to adjust your position and which chokepoints to defend you can rack up kill streaks

Lucio is good too, I know when to swap beats and when to amp them up, I'm no good at using his weapon or wall-skating at this point though

that's exactly what Bastion is for, but one semi-warning: as you rise up in MMR bastion will be less and less effective, so if you inflate your MMR on Bastion you're gonna get your poo poo stomped in as you learn new dudes

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Widow is really good on offence though, provided you're not just choosing a perch and camping it up.

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice
What is that website where you can see people's rankings? I know it isn't their actual ranking, but by time played. I was trying to tell my buddy that there were people already in the 200s for their level and was trying to send him the website to prove it.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Chaitai posted:

What is that website where you can see people's rankings? I know it isn't their actual ranking, but by time played. I was trying to tell my buddy that there were people already in the 200s for their level and was trying to send him the website to prove it.

http://masteroverwatch.com/

looks like the top guys are around 221

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
So I'm of the opinion that while Mei has a good setup overall, she could use probably use a buff in some form or another, the question becomes in what manner should she get a buff though?

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice

Thanks so much!

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Countblanc posted:

ctrl a ctrl c ctrl v

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

so is the patch that nerfs mccree and widow out on all platforms? haven't played at all today

drrockso20 posted:

So I'm of the opinion that while Mei has a good setup overall, she could use probably use a buff in some form or another, the question becomes in what manner should she get a buff though?

eh she doesn't really need a buff

I wouldn't mind her alt fire getting one because it's fun as hell to outgun mccrees at midrange with it but they sure as gently caress shouldn't buff the freeze spray

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Manatee Cannon posted:

so is the patch that nerfs mccree and widow out on all platforms? haven't played at all today

eh she doesn't really need a buff

I wouldn't mind her alt fire getting one because it's fun as hell to outgun mccrees at midrange with it but they sure as gently caress shouldn't buff the freeze spray

I wouldn't mind if her spray was a little wider, it's actually kinda hard to hit people with it sometimes

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the spray does not need a buff. you barely have to aim with it as is

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

she needs a redesign more than a buff, if you buffed any one piece of her kit she'd be a nightmare yet she's still at the bottom

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Get rid of the damage falloff on Mei's M2 please.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Mei needs to be fatter

signed, Tumblr

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Verranicus posted:

Mei needs to be fatter

signed, Tumblr

Hey, at least Tumblr admits it earnestly cares about something.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I actually read better but hey, the point still stands.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I was having fun playing Winston.
https://giant.gfycat.com/BigAggravatingBirdofparadise.webm

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
Wiped the enemy team three times completely with my ult,, 17k damage and 43 eliminations on reaper (potg went to an enemy bastion ofc).. dudes a monster with a pocket mercy and now mcree is nerfed he's just gonna tear even more poo poo up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

how often does it send it

Once per press.