Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Zelder posted:

the question is why would he do it

it gains him nothing and harms him if it becomes a news cycle thing

It's obviously stupid to say and proof that his political instincts aren't as good as he thinks. There's a reason everyone tells him to stick to the script now.

Deteriorata posted:

See: The Boy Who Cried Wolf. Liars will not be believed even when they're telling the truth.

Assuming Trump is lying every time he opens his mouth saves a lot of research time with very few retractions.

It seriously takes like five seconds on Google and this fake controversy has been going for at least an hour now. Journalists are saying things they have to know aren't true because it fits the narrative at this point. I don't think he deserves better treatment, but maybe the public does if anyone still wants to pretend journalistic standards are real. On the other hand, the press helped to create him, so if they're overreacting out of self-loathing I can't say I blame them.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jun 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Romney could probably turn Utah blue if he campaigned there for Hillary, but he won't do that.

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot

Zelder posted:

unpack this searingly hot take for me

I think he is a politician on the level of FDR. As one of the only Trump supporters, I think it would be more prudent of you to pick a topic of attack.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Not a Step posted:

Why do people think live music makes *anything* better?

i wish there were a way to hand out a six-hour probe that also forces you to watch a six-hour phish concert for the duration

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

noctambulous nebab posted:

Trump will be the next FDR.

Because he will be a president with baby appendages?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

I am going to step out of my "trump should be the next fdr" box here, but this forum doesn't need moderation unless some extremely racist poo poo is happening.

go post on reddit then if you can't handle a 6 hour probation over only slightly racist posts

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot

"trump should be the next fdr"

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Homework Explainer posted:

i wish there were a way to hand out a six-hour probe that also forces you to watch a six-hour phish concert for the duration

I believe that would legally be considered a war crime

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

I think he is a politician on the level of FDR. As one of the only Trump supporters, I think it would be more prudent of you to pick a topic of attack.

do you really think that constitutes unpacking?

"he is the next FDR"

"oh, really? how so?"

"he is just like FDR"

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/NYTnickc/status/742846950458990592

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
If Obama is Chamberlin that makes Trump Churchill(Conservative icon/hero) not FDR.

Get it right guys.

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot

Good Citizen posted:

Because he will be a president with baby appendages?

He will be someone who improves this country despite significant disadvantages, of which I think Polio is the MOST formidable.

Karl Sharks posted:

go post on reddit then if you can't handle a 6 hour probation over only slightly racist posts

This post is poo poo and deserves to be probated.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
these iwc reregs are makin me thirsty

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

He will be someone who improves this country despite significant disadvantages, of which I think Polio is the MOST formidable.

FDR built a lot of dams. Trump will be a dam fool, too.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

don't sign your posts

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

This catchphrase needs work C- see me after class

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im like Jason Statham in Crank, but with posting. if you probate me, that's murder

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot

Deteriorata posted:

I disagree, respectfully. FDR was an iconoclast politician, everything he did was wrong. He also made America what it is today, despite pressure that exists today. FDR won WW2. He was elected 4 years in a row for a reason. He PUNKED on people who were against him.

I am a born leftist but when it comes down to it I don't care about left and right. I care about what improves our lives. There will be hipsters against me and maybe probations but we are going to make America great again.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Trump will be the next FDR.

Just crippled from the neck up instead of the waist down?

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

I wish there was some kind of status bar that showed how many total hours of probation a given thread has generated.

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot

FAUXTON posted:

Just crippled from the neck up instead of the waist down?

You are a D&D lifer and I don't have poo poo to say to you.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Karl Sharks posted:

don't sign your posts

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

i'm not attacking you friend, i'm just looking at this box of an opinion and i'm thinking "hmm...someone still hasn't unpacked yet"

based gaddis
Jul 4, 2012

Deteriorata posted:

We rate the claim Pants On Fire

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Waiting for Trump to get the official nom, then drop out saying the party if full of loving retards who bought into grade school antics like "Lyin' Ted" and "Crooked Hillary".

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

JosefStalinator posted:

WaPo in the spotlight, they don't look right. Get 'em up against the wall!

the video to that song is what I imagine a trump rally to be like

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I disagree, respectfully. FDR was an iconoclast politician, everything he did was wrong. He also made America what it is today, despite pressure that exists today. FDR won WW2. He was elected 4 years in a row for a reason. He PUNKED on people who were against him.

I am a born leftist but when it comes down to it I don't care about left and right. I care about what improves our lives. There will be hipsters against me and maybe probations but we are going to make America great again.

You don't know poo poo about FDR.

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.
2016 GOP Collapse: There will be hipsters against me and maybe probations

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I'm not being a dick I'm just genuinely confused at what trump is the next fdr means.

So concept : Inc
Execution : d+, not very snappy or catchy. Kind of clumsy. Maybe a redraft is in order if you don't want to scrap the whole thing.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/742906657441775616

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

ripe in piss, potential probation-dodger

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Its cool that trump said a true, but kind of politically dumb thing, then "corrected" it into... that

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

shiksa posted:

I'm not being a dick I'm just genuinely confused at what trump is the next fdr means.

So concept : Inc
Execution : d+, not very snappy or catchy. Kind of clumsy. Maybe a redraft is in order if you don't want to scrap the whole thing.

Just read his post, bro.

He made America what it is today, despite the pressure that exists today. He was elected for four years in a row. FDR won WW2.

What more do you need to know???

But wait... If FDR made America what it is today, and Trump will Make America Great Again, doesn't that mean FDR Made America Not Great, and that Trump is the Anti-FDR? Makes u think.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich
When we left we should have taken the oil? How the gently caress would we take the oil?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Vladimir Putin posted:

When we left we should have taken the oil? How the gently caress would we take the oil?

Just take the oil, load it onto a pickup, and haul it back over here
Bing bing bong easy

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if you think about it, like, donald trump is going to be the next andrew jackson

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

Vladimir Putin posted:

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Fullhouse posted:

Just take the oil, load it onto a pickup, and haul it back over here
Bing bing bong easy

Seriously, is he stupid?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

shiksa posted:

Its cool that trump said a true, but kind of politically dumb thing, then "corrected" it into... that

"Who were the contractors the Bush administration hired to do that?" is what he should have said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/headlines/20160614-donald-trump-turned-down-by-grand-prairie-irving-as-rally-locations.ece

Trump can't find a place to host his planned rally this week in Dallas.

• Locked thread