Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Oh no. :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

This curve has thrown me for a loop!

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i really enjoy this comic

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Aesma and the Red Eyed King posted:

[...]they ceased to see Aesma as a base and vile creature beyond redemption, and began to see her as a great conquest and affirmation of their own righteousness. They began to imagine in their enlightened minds the power and prestige of a tame and demure Aesma, the most infamous and despised of goddesses. This was a fantastic mistake.

Disastrous things are happening on two fronts.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

SERIOUSLY!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
There there Aesma, don't worry, you'll be able to beat something up soon, I'm sure of it!

I'm guessing we may be about to find out where the girl tributes went.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I tried to mouth "Holy poo poo" but no sound came out and my mouth fluttered like a fish.

I love this webcomic so much.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Bell_ posted:

I tried to mouth "Holy poo poo" but no sound came out and my mouth fluttered like a fish.

I love this webcomic so much.

None of the handmaidens ever returned...

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

You have to give Operant credit, he went in a direction none of us were anticipating with the whole handmaiden thing.

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
Why am I so horrified at the possibility that Mottom might love her husband? Why am I beginning to empathize with the grandmotherly maw at the end of the universe? Why am I still giggling at the phrase "Apply violence directly to problem?"

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

So I was thinking, maybe Jagganoth isn't really unstoppable. Maybe Mottom is just really bad at killing people.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Allison.

Kill them both now before it gets worse

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

I cannot decide which part of the update I like more, the actual comic or Aesma finding new ways to gently caress up.

Aughhh this is unbelievably good.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Aesma Style: set off a nuclear explosion and grab a passing ray of sunlight because you're just too busy to climb things.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
This is dark souls as gently caress.

I mean the whole comic is really, but especially this section, with an ex-king turned into a horrifying abomination by his own power who just refuses to die, locked away behind a bigass door with a circular seal on it. It's exactly the kind of thing I'd expect to find behind a fog wall.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Ha ha, these sun priests continue to be completely full of themselves and colossal idiots. Not one of them stopped to ask Aesma who her husband was?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I really want a full on Aesma side comic now.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Ha ha, these sun priests continue to be completely full of themselves and colossal idiots. Not one of them stopped to ask Aesma who her husband was?

How could any woman not become tame and demure if she was married?

(By Being Aesma)

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
I have to admit, I was hoping that Aesma coming back to the Sun Temple would result in a montage where they hilariously fail to teach her the bare minimum of how to be a proper lady, a la Miss Congeniality (or Princess Diaries, whichever works best)

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what the hell kind of monster did mottom's husband turn into that she can't end him

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I mean, it's not like we haven't seen another demiurge get killed and the murder not exactly stick.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Turns out Mottom can't actually kill people. Turning them into a tree or plant let's her skirt that rule.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Getting mad that a commenter on the comic page thinks the testicle-peaches are butt-pears.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

SexyBlindfold posted:

I have to admit, I was hoping that Aesma coming back to the Sun Temple would result in a montage where they hilariously fail to teach her the bare minimum of how to be a proper lady, a la Miss Congeniality (or Princess Diaries, whichever works best)

My Fair Goddess

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I wonder if she's keeping Hastet alive through her will subconsciously, much like how she keeps her palace afloat and physical even within the void, and after a while she just gave up and started feeding him handmaidens for immortality peaches because eh what can you do, poo poo's hard when you're the 5th most powerful thing within the universe.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Oh poo poo is allison about to lose an eye

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Tetracube posted:

Oh poo poo is allison about to lose an eye

Huh, didn't know we'd get one-eyed Allison so soon.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

paranoid randroid posted:

has there been anything posted on the tumblr concerning why the angels prayer asks Aesmas forgiveness for doing violence? because, uh, i dont really see her as minding too much, if not being like "naw dogg, go nuts. its all good."

The Tumblr posted:

Anonymous asked: Why would a prayer to Aesma apologize for violence?

Aesma kind of chilled out a bit once her eyes were blown out from seeing the true shape of the universe and the secret name of God. She spent the rest of her days bashing significantly less heads (though she did bash a few here and there for good measure).

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Aesma of all beings would have compassion for someone deciding to punch the poo poo out of everything even if its not a very good idea.

Or, well, she would if she ever actually learned about compassion.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
This does give a certain insight into why, when Allison asked Mottom why she didn't just kill her and take the key of kings, Mottom basically said, "...nah. I'm not gonna do that."

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
I somehow missed the bit of lore that identifies Aesma as the creator of humans, which explains a lot about humans in general.

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

I'll get you! Just you wait and see!
Has anything been mentioned about Allison's parents?

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Oh my god it's worse than anyone thought :gonk:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Who wants flashbacks to Amnesia: Dark Descent?

Not me but I'm getting them anyway! :cenobite:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Hey, I guess we weren't COMPLETELY wrong about thinking Mottom eats the girls, then. She just requires some intermediary processing steps.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Nah, the minute she said see my husband I felt like we were going somewhere like this but the visuals are definitely .... powerful

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
Why would she show Allison this? What conceivable purpose could sharing this information serve? What the gently caress does she expect to happen??!?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
I've learned by now that my guesses are probably wrong, but it's possible that part of it is her simply trying to win the argument with Allison, who ism Mottom's perspective) kind of being very annoying in the face of hard-earned wisdom.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

Why would she show Allison this? What conceivable purpose could sharing this information serve? What the gently caress does she expect to happen??!?

Probably Condition 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Renaissance Robot posted:

Who wants flashbacks to Amnesia: Dark Descent?

Not me but I'm getting them anyway! :cenobite:

Wanna trade for Deadly Premonition flashbacks?