Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Zorodius posted:

McCree smells like farts now

Widowmaker is so thin that flashbang fan doesn't kill her unless you're inside of her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

http://masteroverwatch.com/

looks like the top guys are around 221

Highest level nerd is 320 now (EU).He had 210 games on June 5th :negative:

Bolivar fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Jun 15, 2016

Sivlan
Aug 29, 2006
Dude with 90% winrate, 97% on Genji with over 180 games.

I don't even know how, unless he's like queuing only with groups and then you'd think they'd go up against equally competent groups. I wanted to believe that you can't really carry solo in Overwatch but apparently you can?

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Sivlan posted:

I don't even know how, unless he's like queuing only with groups and then you'd think they'd go up against equally competent groups. I wanted to believe that you can't really carry solo in Overwatch but apparently you can?

Quit before the game ends if you're losing.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Sivlan posted:

It's playstation so it sounds doable that some pro gamer quality guy with infinite time and energy will probably be king of the hill.

There's some 90%+ guys on PC that look a bit more suspicious though, you would think that their games would be against "the best available" all the time and thus those guys should be e-sport celebrities. I don't think they are?

edit: and maybe it just works to quit losing games all the time and suck up whatever penalties they get.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Ive seen some guys on PS4 Im 99% sure areusing M/KB. Either watching them on my team or seeing the killcam. Mostly Genji and Widows with crazy pinpoint twitch-firing.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Yeah, I know goons who played Call of Duty on consoles with M/KB and just wrecked face hilariously. This is probably the same thing.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBS6-5DhnUM

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Elman posted:

Yeah, I know goons who played Call of Duty on consoles with M/KB and just wrecked face hilariously. This is probably the same thing.

Is there a way to get a mouse and keyboard working on a PS4, cause that would actually be pretty neat

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

drrockso20 posted:

Is there a way to get a mouse and keyboard working on a PS4, cause that would actually be pretty neat

There's some $200 gadget that syncs up KB/m to your console. Dont know if you can just plug them in.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

vug posted:

you ever find one of those Wikipedia pages that's really seethingly butthurt about something? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caduceus

tl;dr the caduceus staff is NOT the classical symbol for medicine it has been ERRONEOUSLY attributed and I think you'll find that the CORRECT symbol is the staff of ASKLEPIOS

This is true though. The double snake around the staff is an American invention that's gotten conflated with the 2300 year old or so symbol and that pisses a lot of historians off. It may seem silly to us but it's a battle that's been "raging" for a century.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
if you want to do anything with Fan the Hammer, you've gotta stick the barrel right up their rear end in a top hat

maybe the spread should be tightened a little to compensate for the weak damage?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
No, if you want to do stuff at range use primary fire

Ffffffuck you mcrees <3

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
Nah, gently caress McCree and I hope he drops to and stays at F tier.

Alternatively, have flashbang have only a .5s stun time but force the targets abilities on cooldown for 1s. The biggest issue with McCrees new FTH is merely that he's hell easy to escape from now, and it's basically a trap vs everyone but maybe S:76 and a support you might catch out. Tracer can spam E and is too thin as well, Reaper is just tanky enough, Mei has at least two ways to stall and force all your abilities to cooldown, and Genji can reflect or just dash away. It's still mostly useful against tanks honestly, as the spread and their stupidly big hitboxes means they'll eat all the damage, so it's a pretty good finisher once you close (and if the tank is also an idiot or caught unaware).

Otherwise, the other offensive characters are now vastly better choices due to escape mechanics, better DPS/Alpha, better utility and better mobility. If you're interested in dominating 1v1s, pick Zarya, she'll mop the loving floor vs anyone, and has massively better utility.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

McCree is just boring to play or play against and I don't think there's a way to balance around that without remaking him.

I'd say I'm ok with it if he just stays in the dumpster but with him gone the only Tracer counter would be Zenyatta.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Elman posted:

McCree is just boring to play or play against and I don't think there's a way to balance around that without remaking him.

I'd say I'm ok with it if he just stays in the dumpster but with him gone the only Tracer counter would be Zenyatta.

Combat Roll distance is increased by 50%, and cooldown decreased by 50%, no longer reloads the gun
Stun Grenade no longer disables the target, but disables targets abilities and reduces targets sensitivity for 1s
Fan the Hammer damage returns to 50-20 per shot.
McCree now has a passive, Quick and Deadly, where he builds up FTH damage per headshot scored. Upon using FTH, the bonus goes away.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

FaustianQ posted:

Combat Roll distance is increased by 50%, and cooldown decreased by 50%, no longer reloads the gun
Stun Grenade no longer disables the target, but disables targets abilities and reduces targets sensitivity for 1s
Fan the Hammer damage returns to 50-20 per shot.
McCree now has a passive, Quick and Deadly, where he builds up FTH damage per headshot scored. Upon using FTH, the bonus goes away.

That's basically a remake, yes.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
It'd be silly if stun grenade didn't, you know... stun

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

Elman posted:

That's basically a remake, yes.

Well I was suggesting a remake though, since as you succinctly pointed out, he's otherwise kind of boring and has low utility.

JT Jag posted:

It'd be silly if stun grenade didn't, you know... stun

It still technically is, except it doesn't remove the victims ability to respond in some capacity. Halving their sensitivity and removing ability usage for 1s still makes them incredibly vulnerable still.

EmpyreanFlux fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Jun 15, 2016

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I thought it was a flashbang.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

drrockso20 posted:

So I'm of the opinion that while Mei has a good setup overall, she could use probably use a buff in some form or another, the question becomes in what manner should she get a buff though?

Now that McCree doesn't evaporate her you might see her out a lot more. You can usually survive the Flash and Hammer now and he won't be able to kill you by fanning at mid range either. Beforehand if they had a McCree I just played someone else because I was pretty much a free kill.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

FaustianQ posted:

Well I was suggesting a remake though, since as you succinctly pointed out, he's otherwise kind of boring and has low utility.

Oops. Yeah, fair enough.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
"Kind of boring, low utility."

*Strongest non-ult CC in the game. Really good area denial with ult.*

Edit: The boring bit I'm willing to concede, that's entirely subjective. There's plenty of people that enjoy McCree's kit just fine right now. The low utility is just wrong, though.

Onean fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Jun 15, 2016

subx
Jan 12, 2003

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Sivlan posted:

Everyone here seems to think "playing with friends" is equivalent to "organized" when it really isn't. The extent of our in-game communication in quick play is "bastion top right" or "lets make a push". These are things that you could be pointing out for your pubby team just fine.

This is true at all levels of play (watch any pro-players stream, they aren't doing much communicating), so if you wanted to take an actual team that puts serious practice time in into pub games, you could probably get near 90% win rate.

That said, this is probably just a case of the dude quitting every time it looks like he will lose.

Edit: To clarify, by "in-game communication" I mean when we are talking about the current match, normally it's other stuff being talked about.

subx fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jun 15, 2016

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Didn't they make quitting count as a loss back in the beta? Or was that Competitive only?

subx
Jan 12, 2003

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Onean posted:

Didn't they make quitting count as a loss back in the beta? Or was that Competitive only?

I don't think so, but they did say joining an in-progress game should never count as a loss.

sex idiot
Apr 25, 2016

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't think games you join after the round starts count towards your tracked stats. Which is nice, but getting tons of them in a row is still really irritating.

they do

and sometimes full matches don't

the system is perfect

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Right now it doesn't count as a loss, so people do it all the time. This leads to a lot of people joining games on the Defeat screen, which is terrible and also demoralizing as they assume their team is up for another loss, so they leave, and the cycle continues. I hope they go into Ranked with their 'leaver' 80%+ win rates and just get stomped into Wood League because they can't just leave anymore when things look tough and are used to giving up at the slightest opposition.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

subx posted:

Everyone here seems to think "playing with friends" is equivalent to "organized" when it really isn't. The extent of our in-game communication in quick play is "bastion top right" or "lets make a push". These are things that you could be pointing out for your pubby team just fine.

This is true at all levels of play (watch any pro-players stream, they aren't doing much communicating), so if you wanted to take an actual team that puts serious practice time in into pub games, you could probably get near 90% win rate.

That said, this is probably just a case of the dude quitting every time it looks like he will lose.

Edit: To clarify, by "in-game communication" I mean when we are talking about the current match, normally it's other stuff being talked about.

Again, it's on console. I'm sure it's more like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxHWQpJOlFM

That guy's not even good, but mouse and keyboard on console is basically hacking.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Fans posted:

Now that McCree doesn't evaporate her you might see her out a lot more. You can usually survive the Flash and Hammer now and he won't be able to kill you by fanning at mid range either. Beforehand if they had a McCree I just played someone else because I was pretty much a free kill.

You could and still can iceblock after a fan before he is able to kill you. This always worked

Mei was actually one of my primary mcree counters simply because she was immune to the flashbang and fan combo

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
I love those three round games when you get completely demoralized in round 1 and contemplate how a widowmaker is cheating, only to close out the latter 2 rounds for a sweet victory. Capping it off with our team's Lucio having POTG is a little extra frosting on the cake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3Iof7A9XQc

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I'm assuming this has already been posted somewhere;

https://a.pomf.cat/eufhnk.mp4

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I was waiting for some Chinese game dev company to just reskin a ton of poo poo and/or blatantly steal models and ideas from Overwatch.

Patience is a Virtue

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

oh china

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Roadhog is the new McCree on consoles. Since he can hook and one shot you he fulfills the same role as McCree, and since getting a headshot on someone in under a second is way harder on console Roadhog just works better.

Ive been seeing double or triple Roadhogs all night.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

No healers new meta.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Roadhog is the new McCree on consoles. Since he can hook and one shot you he fulfills the same role as McCree, and since getting a headshot on someone in under a second is way harder on console Roadhog just works better.

Ive been seeing double or triple Roadhogs all night.

Mei can ice block before he gets his shotgun off if your timing is really good.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Wait, people now think McCree sucks? Jesus christ, he has the most powerful hitscan weapon outside of widowmaker.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
The increasing prevalence of Road Hog has begun to get annoying.

There are good Road Hog players and then there are the people who only pull him out on Well or that other map with a pit around the KOTH point so they can hook players into the environment death.

As someone who swaps between Lucio and Pharah, I enjoy making their lives hell by repeatedly concussing them off of the maps as soon as they show up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

whatspeakyou posted:

Mei can ice block before he gets his shotgun off if your timing is really good.

She could do that to McCree too pre-nerf.