Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Skoll posted:

That's a really fuckin ugly mech. And it's slow for a medium.

Considering its base material, it actually looks a lot better. It's not ugly. 86 isn't too slow either, after you elite it it'll run at 94 (95 if they round up).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Things depicted in the writeup not present in MWO:

Clan Nova Cat

switching lb-x ammo types

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Cant see any pictures due to reasons, can someone parse them?

Is it an omni or a battle?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Trying to figure this out. Basically a stormcrow with locked jump jets?

^ Omni and I'm sorry but just imagine a really boring looking mech and you'll be 99% there.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Huh. Omni-huntsman actually looks decent. Maybe not money decent, but it looks kinda like a clan trebuchet/centurion/hunch. 250 engine in a 50 ton isn't that great, but that is the usual choice in those robots: 275, or 250 and more stuff.

Ballparking from the huntsman 1, thats about 21 tons of weapon space.

Ballistic arms, missile torsos, double-ams-both-with-actual-stuff slots. Its everything nice about the mediums I enjoy playing rolled up into one thing with clan endo/ferro.

I think I'm going to have fun with this one when it comes out for cbills. That triangle torso could have so much go wrong or right with hitboxes though, dayumn.

Bonus looking at the spec sheet: each leg has only one jumpjet. It has room for leg ammo. Looks like 5 critspaces in the lt and 6 in the rt.

That hero is going to put the splatcrow and the archer to shame. Yeah, I'll take 8 srm6's.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'll be honest. The first thing I look for in any mech is "can I fit ECM? yes/no". This was obviously a clear pass on that grade.

But otherwise... I can't see any downsides. Tons of very nice pod options on a decent platform and enough spare tonnage to actually have real choices.

Could be legit decent but I'm rusty and not to be trusted.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DancingShade posted:

I'll be honest. The first thing I look for in any mech is "can I fit ECM? yes/no". This was obviously a clear pass on that grade.

But otherwise... I can't see any downsides. Tons of very nice pod options on a decent platform and enough spare tonnage to actually have real choices.

Could be legit decent but I'm rusty and not to be trusted.

You're never to be trusted, TBH.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Anita Dickinme posted:

You're never to be trusted, TBH.

I can't deny the truth.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

DancingShade posted:

You've a very short list of playable mechs if ECM is a priority

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

DancingShade posted:

The ONE Thing I forgot to mention that I saw after posting: the armor is abysmally low. 169 armor is like, a third to a half of a max armor stormcrow. So you're going to lose some tonnage bringing that up to acceptable standards. After some quick smurphying, i want to say in the ballpark of 4 or 5 tons?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Can anyone link me the WE MUST KILL MORE! WE ARE NOT KILLING ENOUGH! cartoon from back in the day?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Got you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZUeiuMOjt8

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Oh jesus what TV was that footage sourced from?

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Bort Bortles posted:

Oh jesus what TV was that footage sourced from?

Exosquad. I grew up with all the toys. :nerd:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Awesome ty. Pushing my luck, does anyone have the WoL recruitment gif that got made out of that?

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.

Thronde posted:

Exosquad. I grew up with all the toys. :nerd:

I always thought the toys should have been better.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

sebmojo posted:

Awesome ty. Pushing my luck, does anyone have the WoL recruitment gif that got made out of that?
I'll hunt around my WoL archives.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Bentai posted:

I'll hunt around my WoL archives.

Thanks dude. I want it for the insanely epic close out of Poptartsninja's latest mission.

E: awesome ty! Vvvvv

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jun 15, 2016

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Holy crap I actually found one:

Bonus image:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

aniviron posted:

Part of the sizedown is that the legs are much more hunched up, it doesn't stand as tall because of the posture.

Also, Butterbee pretty much just straight up invalidates the C1 and C4 variants. Two more missile hardpoints than the C1, two more energy than the C4.

Yeah, it's a flat out better robit than either of those, and with the size reduction, might be an overall Good Robot.

Fumblemouse
Mar 21, 2013

STANDARD
DEVIANT
Grimey Drawer

OB_Juan posted:

Yeah, it's a flat out better robit than either of those, and with the size reduction, might be an overall Good Robot.

Hopefully my gaussapault k2, that I built to original thread specifications, will
walk tall, shortly, if you see what I mean.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Bentai posted:

Holy crap I actually found one:

God this takes me back :tf:

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Replacement for ghost heat rolling out to the PTS.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Iron Tusk posted:

Report.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
I hope we get some sweet charts to explain whatever replaces Ghost Heat. I'd also like a rambling explanation of how it works, preferably buried deep in their forums.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Lonjon posted:

I hope we get some sweet charts to explain whatever replaces Ghost Heat. I'd also like a rambling explanation of how it works, preferably buried deep in their forums.

Ghost Heat now replaced with Ghost Damage. No `Mech can take more than 20 damage in a 10 second period, from any source.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

PoptartsNinja posted:

Ghost Heat now replaced with Ghost Damage. No `Mech can take more than 20 damage in a 10 second period, from any source.

The solution to clan mechs being glass cannons that we were all hoping for.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

PoptartsNinja posted:

While spoken in jest, it might well be that way with different numbers.

If it is, im holding YOU responsible.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Some sort of energy drain system.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
1st edition AD&D undead monsters are getting added to MWO. You read it here first!

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

PoptartsNinja posted:

They already tried this with the laser lock poo poo.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

A.o.D. posted:

1st edition AD&D undead monsters are getting added to MWO. You read it here first!

Make no bones about it, this is the wight direction for this game.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Iron Tusk posted:

I just poked into this thread for my tri-monthly 'should I play this game again?' check and WHAT.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

axelsoar posted:

I just poked into this thread for my tri-monthly 'should I play this game again?' check and WHAT.

:iiam:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I'm giving even odds that the implementation is somehow worse than :iiam: heat.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
I think people had just come to terms with Ghost heat and now they're taking a stick out of the spokes to throw a wrench in instead.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Iron Tusk posted:

Sphincter say what.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

One more from the archives:

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Iron Tusk posted:

Is the pts available during normal hours as in the past?

For 15-30 minutes once every other week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
I wonder if we should consider paging in Kazvall for this.

Kazvall posted:

We're even getting poo poo early now. It's insanity. If ghost heat is removed I will pluck out all my pubic hair one by one.

• Locked thread