Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

So I actually really like Tyrion's interactions with Missandei and Grey Worm. For one, they are just plain awkward and funny. Two, it is a pretty decent call back to how he got to know Bronn and Shae and tells us that despite everything he has been through Tyrion is still trying to make friends and connect with people which is nice after last season when it seemed like he was just plain done with the world. That along with him speaking about his future dreams (which Arya also did) is hopeful but also pretty sad (ditto for Arya) because that poo poo is probably never going to happen. I like that Tyrion and Arya both seem to be growing into their old selves after being battered to hell and back.

I also think Dinklage did this nice thing where in the early parts of the scenes he sells that Tyrion is just bored but as they go on you can sort of tell from his body language and enthusiasm that he is really loving lonely. No one is that desperate for conversation unless they are lonely.
He probably misses Cersei. At least a hateful relationship is still a relationship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

A Buttery Pastry posted:

He probably misses Cersei. At least a hateful relationship is still a relationship.

I miss that too. I really hope we get one more Tyrion/ Cersei scene because those were fantastic.

VampiricGiraffe
Feb 5, 2012

Jon loses Bastardbowl; as a parting gently caress-you Ramsay cuts off his direwolf's head and sews it on his little brother in a horrifying callback to Robb/Grey Wind after the red wedding

Ghost Reekon

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I can't wait to see what kind of arts and crafts Ramsay applies to Rickon as a welcome ceremony for Jon. Maybe he could have him pop out of a fridge.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The best scenes are the ones where all the main characters are in the same room.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Away all Goats posted:

uhh they need Davos alive so he can diplomatically convince the white walkers to stop winter, right before he convinces Dany not to kill all the major characters in Westeros and also solves everyone else's problems through the soothing sound of his rhetoric

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Away all Goats posted:

uhh they need Davos alive so he can diplomatically convince the white walkers to stop winter, right before he convinces Dany not to kill all the major characters in Westeros and also solves everyone else's problems through the soothing sound of his rhetoric

Seriously, now that most dads are dead, Davos should take over as Westeros Ersatz dad.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
Too bad his idiot son didn't want any legit Davos Dad Time. It's why he died.

Davos Dad Time..

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

And More posted:

Seriously, now that most dads are dead, Davos should take over as Westeros Ersatz dad.

He will by becoming King

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I can't figure out what Davos is even doing on this show anymore.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

If you say that loudly enough, D&D will hear you and kill him off next episode

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

Trying to assist Jon in retaking the North so a commander that he believes is competent enough to understand and deal with the White Walker threat is in charge.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

being a good dad to everyone

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

He is going to ground Ramsay from dogs, something Roose should have done years ago.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Timeless Appeal posted:

The darkest thing is when they find Rickon, finding out that he's basically replaced Theon as Reek. And that's what Ramsey has been doing off screen all this time.

Dat smug look on Ramsey in the preview? Oh yeeea...only one thing brings out that in him! :allears:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Whos Rickon

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Ramsay is gonna walk onto the field shitless dual wielding knives with twentygoodmen and win. Such is the war of the bad pooseh

smashtcrusht
Oct 30, 2013

Internet Mature Dude

VampiricGiraffe posted:

Jon loses Bastardbowl; as a parting gently caress-you Ramsay cuts off his direwolf's head and sews it on his little brother in a horrifying callback to Robb/Grey Wind after the red wedding

Ghost Reekon

Hell yeah!!!

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Being a cool rear end dude

Him and Jorah should have their own show

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

My guess is that Ramsey loses but only thanks to the intervention of Littlefinger's forces. This has Consequences.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

hiddenmovement posted:

The people that buy them tend to have wall to wall comic con crap adorning their living rooms

I bought a few of em for my desk at work. They're a good conversation starter.

"So, you like Captain America?"

"Yep."

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
I miss the days when people would just post "Varys is a merman!" instead of "Varys better be a merman or this show has turned into poo poo."

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

Whos Rickon

Small traumatized Stark offspring, if he survives either the show or the book he is probably going to be pretty messed up. His captor in the show is Ramsay though, so he will probably die horribly there.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

Petr posted:

I miss the days when people would just post "Varys is a merman!" instead of "Varys better be a merman or this show has turned into poo poo."

you are a worse poster than me

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Rickon is going to kill the night king

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
with a fistful of walnuts

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I'm Rickon, last of the Starks, heir to Winterfell, the breaker of walnuts.

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible

Inferior Third Season posted:

and from what I can tell, the only assassin skill Arya picked up was fighting in the dark.

She can now lie convincingly! That's...almost an assassin skill...though it seems unnecessary when the world thinks shes already dead and not many people knew what she looked like

Scooter_McCabe posted:

So my theory is Arya Stark is dead. The girl that killed her completed her training, put her face on the wall and took her first real assignment to pose as Arya and go to Westeros. She will probably kill someone we really super like in the last episode and reveal she is not Arya at all. :drat:

but how is she wearing arya's face if arya's face is on the wall :iiam:

also she really loves taking her face off in public i think she couldnt resist doing it in front of jaqen

really that whole chase scene should have been the waif disguised as different people just lunging out of the crowd every time arya thinks she lost her

LentThem fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jun 15, 2016

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

turtlecrunch posted:

What is the actual worst episode of Game of Thrones? I think more of worst moments than entire episodes but I'm sure there's a winner out there.

There really aren't any stinkers.

There are some bad scenes and bad casting choices. I still think the new actor for Daario is stiff, and doesn't measure up to the natural on-screen charisma Ed Skrein had.

I remember the chaos speech by Littlefinger was kind of dumb, and poorly received here.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Petr posted:

I swear to god, how are so many of you so bad at watching television, it's been around for 87 years.

People have been dying for thousands of years and are still poo poo at it.

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot

turtlecrunch posted:

What is the actual worst episode of Game of Thrones? I think more of worst moments than entire episodes but I'm sure there's a winner out there.

There was that one episode where they thought it would be cool and good to cut to Craster's Keep just to casually show a lot of women and girls being brutally raped.

That one wasn't great.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Tyrion scenes are awesome.

Bronn needs to rejoin him though. Those two were like Jordan and Pippen in terms of getting poo poo done.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

:golfclap:

LentThem posted:

really that whole chase scene should have been the waif disguised as different people just lunging out of the crowd every time arya thinks she lost her

Yeah this would have been way more fun.

Or even, I dunno, have there be more than 2 loving faceless men at one given time!

They're not supposed to be like Sith where there's just one master and one apprentice at any given time.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jun 15, 2016

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Bobo the Red posted:

There was that one episode where they thought it would be cool and good to cut to Craster's Keep just to casually show a lot of women and girls being brutally raped.

That one wasn't great.

I remember an episode where Jamie violently raped Cercei and then the director insisted that it was supposed to be a romantic scene.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i love rape

rape rape rape

raaaaaape

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
I'm still laughing at Arya comically tumbling down the stairs, while being chased by a gleeful T-1000.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
The scene definitely could have been better. I enjoyed the fact that it was basically a scene from Terminator nonetheless.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Literally Arya

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
https://twitter.com/stevepep/status/742238753645699077/photo/1

I really think one of the GOT directors is just doing shot-for-shot remakes of famous films because he doesn't know what he's doing

They admitted that the white walker on the ceiling was based on Aliens, and that Dayne fight was based on Bruce Lee nunchucks. I can totally believe it was really based on the T-1000 and he just didn't realize how goofy that would look.

Now I wanna see Waif try to assassinate Daenerys / Sarah Connor but she's dead so that won't happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FINGERBLASTER69
Nov 15, 2014
There was the episode where Gilly raped Sam and people were defending it. That was bad.

• Locked thread