Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Palpek posted:

How about no.

can't stop won't stop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

I think this is what we did in HoS.

I think it's cool that you responded to criticism just by fixing it in the expansion. Also, the Ofieri are rad and I love how the way they talk and dress suggests a different culture instead of just changing the skin colour.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

can't stop won't stop

never stop

And yeah I agree about the facial animations in this game. I'm still blown away by how real a character the Bloody Baron was, and a large percentage of that I can attribute to how he emoted, especially with his face. After a while talking to him you could legit tell when he was being heartfelt and when he was being full of poo poo in a legitimately show-not-tell way, which is fantastic

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Regardless, many Poles do not consider themselves to be part of the racial class that we in America would call "white".

Being from Norway currently living in Canada I had the longest time understanding their concept of "White". Eastern Europeans, Southern Europeans, North Western European, Nordic Europeans, Finnish, Russian, and British are all different form of "White" so blanket using the term made no sense. This also applied to blanket using the term "Black" and finding "Coloured" to be racist, not helped by my wife's South African family considering themselves coloured but not allowed to say so in North America.

Complicated stuff.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I would kill for a yearly W3 expansion in a new country or something. Just the adventures of Geralt in semi-retirement. Occasional contracts, friends show up, fun things happen, etc. I'm getting through B&W (loving loving it so far, the quality is so high) and I'm going to be gutted when it's all done. Witcher 3 may be my favorite game ever.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Same.

Also, picked up the Manticore Armor and decided to respec to mainly Alchemy instead of the Dilletante Geralt I've been playing and goddamn. Synergy is easily the most powerful skill in the game and has done more for my attack damage than anything in the red skills, then I added Euphoria and it is like the difficulty has been turned from from "Death March" to "Just the Story".

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

TG-Chrono posted:

Anyone share the new Roach Gwent card? Here, have it again.

i never got this roach meme. roach never did anything weird for me. roach never wound up in weird places. dude just rides along the path like the game tells you he would and would always turn up when i shouted.

i feel left out.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
what's up you guys?

I'm just playin gwent

it's chill

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

what's up you guys?

I'm just playin gwent

it's chill

I started getting into Gwent long after I'd permanently lost a few uniques and quests (ones from that masque with Triss come to mind) and I blame you for all the red ticks in my quest log :arghfist::saddowns:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Vikar Jerome posted:

i never got this roach meme. roach never did anything weird for me. roach never wound up in weird places. dude just rides along the path like the game tells you he would and would always turn up when i shouted.

i feel left out.

You got (un)lucky, Roach is a constant source of Weird poo poo for me, especially in Novigrad (I've given up entirely on the horse in the city, I just run now)

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Vikar Jerome posted:

i feel left out.

Why are you doing this to me Roach?

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

ZearothK posted:

Same.

Also, picked up the Manticore Armor and decided to respec to mainly Alchemy instead of the Dilletante Geralt I've been playing and goddamn. Synergy is easily the most powerful skill in the game and has done more for my attack damage than anything in the red skills, then I added Euphoria and it is like the difficulty has been turned from from "Death March" to "Just the Story".

Welcome to the green side. We have all the good stuff. Just one more decoction....

Slashrat posted:

There's a variant of ending 2 where if you gently caress up learning about Syanna's history, investigating the fifth victim or influencing her toward forgiveness, she kills Anna Henrietta and gets killed in turn, just like ending 1

B&W ending chat: I think it boils down to 3 main ending states all relating to the sisters
1 Anna and Syanna both dead
2 Anna and Syanna both alive
3 Anna alive and Syanna dead
with various routes to get to these. Dettlaff it seems can only live if you deliver Syanna to him without the red ribbon, and then it's only if you choose not to fight him.
I'd love to know if there's any way to have Anna die but leave Syanna alive to take over Toussaint, but I think not.

what's up you guys?

I'm just playin gwent

it's chill

Hurry up and send my beta invite :munch:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

what's up you guys?

I'm just playin gwent

it's chill
I just uninstalled after finishing B&W and need consolation or more DLC asap. Please pass this along

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Helith posted:

Ending 3: You really hosed this up
This starts like ending 2, but don't visit the flint girl and don't get the ribbon. This time when you meet with Dettlaff he kills Syanna and because he's got what he wanted you get a choice of whether to fight him or let him go and dissappear. I let him go, so he lives.
Annarietta is really pissed at you, I mean really, really pissed and you end up in jail for killing her sister and for letting the Beast go. Which various people seem really keen to remind you about. Whoops. After jail shenanigans you get released because Dandelion comes to Beauclair and argues for your release. Yay!
You can then do the bootblack quest and even choose to go and tell Annarietta that her beloved dead sister was plotting to kill her. That goes as well as you think it will and you leave Annarietta still pissed off at you and being comforted by Dandelion.
Regis gets to stay and he gets to dryly express his surprise that Annarietta didn't tearfully embrace you and forgive you for bringing her the news of her beloved sisters treachery.

Here's a variation on that one: If you fight Detlaff after Syanna is killed, Geralt still ends up in jail but when Dandelion turns up to bail you out he'll say he had an easy time of negotiating your release. The contract was only to kill the Beast, which you did, protecting Syanna was not your job. Anna isn't happy with you and doesn't want to see you again but she sees Dandelion's point. You also get a portion of the monetary reward, which does not happen if you let Detlaff go. If you choose to skip finding out who the fifth victim was (which I think is a reasonable action for Geralt at that point after being jailed), it goes straight to meeting Regis.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I got a glitch in the Beauclair brothel where prostitutes won't leave the room after sex. So when I get the next prostitute the previous one just stands next to bed during the whole thing following Geralt around with her eyes. Also when the new prostitute undresses so does the previous one. The second prostitute doesn't want to leave the room as well so when I go get the third one both previous ones just stand there and watch and also undress when the new one does. It's getting a bit crowded not mentioning judgmental in there. Sadly there are no more prostitutes in the brothel so I can't keep adding more audience to the room.

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/ch0C748.jpg:nws:
:nws:http://i.imgur.com/ch0C748.jpg:nws:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Ciaphas posted:

I started getting into Gwent long after I'd permanently lost a few uniques and quests (ones from that masque with Triss come to mind) and I blame you for all the red ticks in my quest log :arghfist::saddowns:

It's cool, the rest of us felt left out when those cards you would have won are given to you as a quest reward in B&W.

Unless you already have them in which case Geralt sends them to the shadow realm. :downs:

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
http://wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/mkt/document/Changelog-1.22-ENG_bt9orxuyou.pdf

patch notes

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Patch downloading now for me on steam. Good stuff in there!

Also I found this while browsing around

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEhhuyjq2Yo

:allears:

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Ethnicity =/= race. hth.

While there are some diseases that disproportionately affect certain ethnicities (a true cultural construct), I meant what I said when certain things fall within the bounds of "race."

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Helith posted:

Patch downloading now for me on steam. Good stuff in there!

Also I found this while browsing around

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEhhuyjq2Yo

:allears:

This is amazing!

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Holy poo poo, just in time. I know you read my complaint about vineyard upgrades and was like 'GUYS WE GOTTA GET THIS THING ROLLED OUT' so thanks!

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Have the feeling that W3's original Gwent won't feel quite as fun anymore after getting used to that new standalone version. Unless they plan to update the main game with it too. :pray:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

quote:

*An art dealer sets up shop near Lazare Lafargue’s Workshop in Beauclair.

gently caress yes.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Oh so this why gog galaxy decided to download 13gb to the game right before i wanted to play. Now i don't hate myself for opening galaxy up.

edit: Fixes issue whereby pressing 'O' would add an unlimited number of Decoy gwent cards.

DAMMIT!

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jun 15, 2016

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

"Fixes issue whereby some streamed audio assets could not be played."

Does this include background music, like the theme that plays when you go to see the Ladies in the Woods? I noticed a distinct lack of it this playthrough.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Syndlig posted:

Does this include background music, like the theme that plays when you go to see the Ladies in the Woods? I noticed a distinct lack of it this playthrough.

i think it does, i was getting this problem too, after finishing quests certain background music stopped playing and would only come back if i saved and reloaded.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

drat, you guys own.

Connoisseur
Oct 2, 2010

"Every minute we waste could be the difference between a soldier goin' home alive or goin' home in a bag."
Latest patch fixed Corvo Bianco and its bugged upgrade state in my save file, awesome. :toot:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Connoisseur posted:

Latest patch fixed Corvo Bianco and its bugged upgrade state in my save file, awesome. :toot:

YESSS

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

quote:

Fixes issue whereby a noblewoman in red would sometimes follow Geralt everywhere he goes.

Should have gone all in and made her dig through Geralt's dumpster, imo.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Mild Novigrad spoiler question: Why are witchers seemingly given a pass from being rounded up with the rest of the magic users? They're gonna arrest that one lady's son for dabbling in alchemy but don't seem to mind me shooting fire out of my hands?

l33t b4c0n
Aug 19, 2000

King of E/N
I wonder if the New Game Plus scaling differently is a bug or an intended change. It's nice for it to be more of a challenge, but it also seems like a bug that if you somehow earn enough XP in the regular game, New Game Plus can potentially create enemies and crafting diagrams beyond level 100, rendering enemies nearly unbeatable and gear unusable.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
They super do mind witchers, they are simply much rarer and more dangerous than your low-grade magic user. Remember, dimeritium won't stop a witcher from cutting off your head.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Vikar Jerome posted:

i feel left out.

I had Roach take a weird stance once and thats all. Still, the jokes around it are pretty hilarious, including the CDPRed video about how they had to insert bugs back.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Hobo Clown posted:

Mild Novigrad spoiler question: Why are witchers seemingly given a pass from being rounded up with the rest of the magic users? They're gonna arrest that one lady's son for dabbling in alchemy but don't seem to mind me shooting fire out of my hands?

you are protected by Dijkstra, its why you are so willing to go along with his plans, he is keeping you alive.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Syndlig posted:

Next door soulless piece of poo poo dog from hell was barking its rear end off the other day and I was playing gwent so I plopped volume to the max to counternoise the barking but gwent song didn't play :arghfist:

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

WoodrowSkillson posted:

you are protected by Dijkstra, its why you are so willing to go along with his plans, he is keeping you alive.

And even then, there are instances when they do try to rough up Geralt. The time when a group of guards asks you to surrender your swords and come for questioning comes to mind.

Toiwat
Sep 6, 2011

Why and how is this patch 13GB. How.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

That makes sense. It just seemed like everyone was "We've got our eye on you" with Geralt while anyone else is arrest & kill on sight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I always drop Skyrim by the time I hit level 20, and even though I finished the Witcher 2 twice I wasn't terribly fond of it. My questions for the Witcher 3 to convince to me to buy it when's on sale:

How optimised is the game? Can I aim for a solid 30 on these requirements? : Pentium Dual-Core at 3.2ghz, 8gb ram, GTX 750 ti 2gb, 1440x900 resolution

What's the Killer-to-Filler ratio? The Assassin's Creed games are made ten hours longer because some sod dropped a valuable trinket in every corner of the map. Just how much of the game is bare-bone Scavenger Hunts? I don't usually mind them except when they make up the bulk of a game's content like Assassin's Creed: Rogue.

How frequent are the dungeons? Bethesda said there are a 100 dungeons in Skyrim and I believed them, and I hated how nearly every quest hinged on you going down a samey labyrinth. Really, I'm not fond of dungeons at all and I liked New Vegas because, though the vault-dungeons sucked, there where very few of them.

How bad is inventory management? Do I hold onto an oily rag for 30 hours because it may be used in the crafting of the Master Sword?

Do I need mods to the game going? Skyrim shipped with a UI from hell and Pillars of Eternity's load-times feel eternal with the auto-save being mandatory.

Is it possible to break quests by accident? I like to do as much as I can in a game out-of-order, but that's because the developers anticipate my meddling. Can I gently caress things irreversibly by mistake for taking a shortcut?

What are the points-of-no-return? I would hate to miss stuff in a 100-hour RPG because I don't plan on playing more than once.

Do the sidequests actually reward you stuff? The Witcher 2 had the habit of giving you sweet-Fanny-adams for culling the Nekker population and stopping Majora bring the moon down on Termina.

Is it as esoteric as the Witcher 2? I had no idea what was going on in the Poisoned Chalice quest, and I seemed to fail parts of it for doing it correctly.

Is the difficulty as uneven as the Witcher 2? Beyond Letho and the Burning-Brick-Shithouse monster there was no real challenge. I could easily ignore Alchemy and Crafting because they were cumbersome and not-fun.

Is this game better owned on Steam or Gog?