Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Von Humboldt posted:

Uh, I know a lot of dudes who like softcore pages on Facebook. I don't get it; one of them was my buddy's father and a manager at a warehouse, and I had to remove him from my feed because he would straight up share every other picture these pages would share. Embarrassing as heck, right? Also, once I set an email to my co-manager of a project we were working on, and titled it "farts for days." Nothing serious or on the record; just an informal checkup on where we both were. I did not realize that I had also CC'd my boss. She got a laugh, at least.

Not quite the same, but my mom's cousin keep accepting every single friend request from spam accounts disguised as hot chicks. My People You May Know section is often just a whole bunch of cleavage shots with "1 mutual friend" under each photo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Cumslut1895 posted:

pretty sure the common consensus is that Europe is like 87% muslims.

Yeah, but those are just the savage Arab migrant hordes. Most people are completely ignorant of the Muslim majority nations in Europe like Bosnia or Albania.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Kajeesus posted:

Bosnia or Albania.

Not in my Europe.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Immolat1on posted:

What are the chances it gets out of control and we all end murdering each other?

Zero. There really is no "frenzy." It's just a bunch of loud idiots on the Internet.

Some of those loud idiots are from my tiny rural hometown, and spend their days posting REAL REDNECK WOMAN memes and calling for the extermination of "all islams" in barely readable posts that meander from topic to topic before abruptly ending with "THIS IS ARE COUTNRY!!1! DIE ISLAMS!!!1"

Those same loud idiots then head uptown to the new town doctor, a Muslim whose parents were immigrants from Oman, and have lovely chats with him about his family and pets while he checks their blood pressure and gently reminds them that chewing tobacco is unhealthy

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

EvilGenius posted:

But if we banned all the guns, criminals would just get hold of them anyway. Which is why there are just as many mass shootings in Australia.

Dude, Australians have an ocean protecting them.

We have one too, but we also make the guns here.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

FB has been pretty funny tonight
e: hold on imgur is loving up

poly and open-minded has a new favorite as of 15:02 on Jun 15, 2016

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Arctic Baldwin posted:

FB has been pretty funny tonight
e: hold on imgur is loving up

Someone did have a gun at the latest shooting though.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
How in the hell could the Boston bombing have been prevented by a Good Guy With A Gun? I mean I'm not saying there's ever a plausible scenario where that could happen, but the Boston bombing in particular is completely impossible.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Mr E posted:

Someone did have a gun at the latest shooting though.

I've been looking for a citation on that. Does anyone have it. Because it would be reallllllly funny

e: For extra fun, this was the status that spawned all this:

quote:

Now that the tragedy is over 24 hrs old, the real victims can come out: beleaguered gun owners

poly and open-minded has a new favorite as of 15:53 on Jun 15, 2016

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas
People don't blow up marathons or hijack plans roughly once a month.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Plom Bar posted:

How in the hell could the Boston bombing have been prevented by a Good Guy With A Gun? I mean I'm not saying there's ever a plausible scenario where that could happen, but the Boston bombing in particular is completely impossible.

Shoot the explosion to stop it reaching more people.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

EvilGenius posted:

People don't blow up marathons or hijack plans roughly once a month.

Also, after people used box cutters to hijack a plane, box cutters and other weapons were banned from being carried onto planes. So...

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Try buying fertilizer and pressure cookers online.

For gently caress's sake, stores have lists of items they monitor the purchases of and report to the police. Stuff for making meth, explosives, counterfeit money, etc. And we're talking about aluminum foil and cat litter.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

SpacePig posted:

Also, after people used box cutters to hijack a plane, box cutters and other weapons were banned from being carried onto planes. So...

The answer is more box cutters, not less.

Just hand them to everyone with the Biscotti cookies and half cans of Coke-cola.

my space dad
Dec 2, 2008

Friend from incredibly wealthy family with no marketable job skills -> marries into another incredibly wealthy family -> starts food blog (because loving of course) -> GMOs CAUSE AUTISM!!!

It really is interesting to see the birth of a Jenny McCarthy-level crazy trophy wife.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Saying 1in2 instead of half is the biggest problem imo

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

SpacePig posted:

But criminals don't follow the rules!

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

my space dad posted:

Friend from incredibly wealthy family with no marketable job skills -> marries into another incredibly wealthy family -> starts food blog (because loving of course) -> GMOs CAUSE AUTISM!!!

It really is interesting to see the birth of a Jenny McCarthy-level crazy trophy wife.

"Surely it's not an increase in the rate of occurrences but rather a result of continued study and better understanding of autism spectrum disorders, refinement and improvement of diagnostic tools, and growing public acceptance of autism as a legitimate diagnosis?"

"Look I don't have time to do your research for you, the facts are out there, just look them up"

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

my space dad posted:

But GMOs decrease the needs for pesticides. Unless... pesticides cure autism? :aaa:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
My favourite is that we would like to change something but we have this pesky Constitution in the way.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Zero. There really is no "frenzy." It's just a bunch of loud idiots on the Internet.

Some of those loud idiots are from my tiny rural hometown, and spend their days posting REAL REDNECK WOMAN memes and calling for the extermination of "all islams" in barely readable posts that meander from topic to topic before abruptly ending with "THIS IS ARE COUTNRY!!1! DIE ISLAMS!!!1"

Those same loud idiots then head uptown to the new town doctor, a Muslim whose parents were immigrants from Oman, and have lovely chats with him about his family and pets while he checks their blood pressure and gently reminds them that chewing tobacco is unhealthy

The CEO at work is an Alabama redneck born in 1947 in a house that had an outhouse instead of a bathroom. He's exactly as racist, homophobic, and anti-Muslim as you'd expect. He once loudly ranted about how it "must have been the niggers or the spics" when his car got broken into in Houston.

Some of the company's biggest customers are from the Middle East, in particular Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

chitoryu12 posted:

The CEO at work is an Alabama redneck born in 1947 in a house that had an outhouse instead of a bathroom. He's exactly as racist, homophobic, and anti-Muslim as you'd expect. He once loudly ranted about how it "must have been the niggers or the spics" when his car got broken into in Houston.

Some of the company's biggest customers are from the Middle East, in particular Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

Hey, he said "niggers and spics", not filthy muslims.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Madkal posted:

My favourite is that we would like to change something but we have this pesky Constitution in the way.

I someone yesterday post a sarcastic comment about Amendments that were overturned or added or changed so we can't possibly change the 2nd and someone else said it didn't count because the 2nd Amendment was obviously more important because it was second.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

Arctic Baldwin posted:

I've been looking for a citation on that. Does anyone have it. Because it would be reallllllly funny

There was an off-duty police officer nearby when the shooting started.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/pulse-orlando-nightclub-shooting/os-pulse-shooting-tick-tock-20160613-story.html

quote:

2:02 a.m.

A uniformed Orlando police officer working at the club off-duty first heard gunshots. Omar Mateen was outside with an AR-15, a handgun and an explosive device.

The officer fired at him, police said. Two more officers showed up and opened fire. Mateen fired back, and walked back into Pulse, trapping dozens of people inside.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
We just need more "Good Guys" with guns. As long as those "Good Guys" are God-fearing, Gay and Muslim hating Americans, women need not reply.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I someone yesterday post a sarcastic comment about Amendments that were overturned or added or changed so we can't possibly change the 2nd and someone else said it didn't count because the 2nd Amendment was obviously more important because it was second.

I want to hear this guy argue that the 3rd Amendment is more important than all the ones that came after it.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Not something I ever expected to hear from that person. :stare:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I want to touch the poop but I wont.

Dude is in his 20's fyi so his grasp on what Reagan ACTUALLY did as a president is flimsy at best. e: I guess age isn't a great indicator all things considered but he's your basic GOP parrot that idolizes someone he doesn't actually understand.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Dude is in his 20's fyi so his grasp on what Reagan ACTUALLY did as a president is flimsy at best. e: I guess age isn't a great indicator all things considered but he's your basic GOP parrot that idolizes someone he doesn't actually understand.

So, help them out. Remind them about Reagan giving arms to terrorists and whatnot. :getin:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Serperoth posted:

So, help them out. Remind them about Reagan giving arms to terrorists and whatnot. :getin:

Wasn't Osama trained by the Reagan Administration?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

A handy guide for him if you ever decide to touch the poop:

Obama - Drone Strike Terrorists
Reagan - Arm and fund terrorists

RFC2324 posted:

Wasn't Osama trained by the Reagan Administration?

quote:

In 1980, Reagan campaigned on a pledge to take a firm stand on terrorism. Under his watch, he promised, the U.S. would never negotiate with terrorists.

...Investigations during the Iran-contra affair revealed a "shadow government," operating without public knowledge or congressional approval, being run out of the White House. For months, Reagan refused to admit that arms were traded for hostages -- that he had, indeed, negotiated with terrorists.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Serperoth posted:

I tried logic like that. It doesn't work.

This guy posted about how "we can't deny an ISIS connection because the shooter's dad supported the Afghani Taliban." I reminded him that, from roughly 1979-1989 we openly supported the Afghani Taliban, and since then we've funneled poo poo through Pakistan to keep supporting them, and that the dad in the video he posted is ranting against ISIL undoing all the work the US has done over the last 40 years. So why is this guy a guaranteed ISIS connection?

His reply: "Well he probably only had a kid here so he could stay since we're the only nation welcoming criminals and terrorists with open arms if they have a kid."

...gotcha.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Not something I ever expected to hear from that person. :stare:

Anyone talking about Manson in any sense than the "look at that insane mofo" should be on some kind of watch list for sure.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
You-Know-Who on my friends list has been working non-stop to fill my feed with garbage.

If only there was just a single guy with a gun at this gun-free nightclub. :allears: (I wish I had a list of how many "good guys with guns" were at each shooting, but I really don't need to get any more depressed today)

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Wasn't there a mass shooting at a military recruiting office last year?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Haven't there also been a handful of shootings on US military bases in the last few years?

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

SpacePig posted:

Haven't there also been a handful of shootings on US military bases in the last few years?

There was one like a month ago.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Ularg posted:

You-Know-Who on my friends list has been working non-stop to fill my feed with garbage.

If only there was just a single guy with a gun at this gun-free nightclub. :allears: (I wish I had a list of how many "good guys with guns" were at each shooting, but I really don't need to get any more depressed today)

It's been pointed out before but Australia, a country with strict gun laws, doesn't have mas shootings, though America, which has loose gun laws does. But hey, American land of the free.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The point that thing is trying to make is that all those places on that list would assumedly be full of people carrying a weapon. Despite being in the military and on a military base, most people aren't armed and don't have a firearm within a few seconds reach. The Government specifically tries to limit the number of people carrying a weapon on base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
You DON'T see mass shootings at
  • Gun free Christmas tree farms
  • Gun free cemeteries
  • Gun free plumbing supply stores
  • Gun free ophthalmologists' offices
  • Gun free gem shows
  • Gun free gravel lots adjacent to pay-to-park structures
  • Gun free relay races for charity
  • Gun free Denny's restaurants in which there are two Denny's in town and everybody goes to one because the other is "the dirty one"