Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Elman posted:

I think McCree isn't worth playing now. You need to be really good at landing headshots consistently, and if you're that good you'd do better with Soldier.

I'm sure he'll see play in pro matches since his stun still wrecks flankers, but pub McCrees are history.

Flashbang is still incredibly useful between its ability to disable multiple targets, or limit the usefulness of some ults. McCree with ult up is one of the deadliest ranged flankers, its abit of work for him to get that ideal position but the sheer range of it gives him plenty of flexibility on where to apporach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
McGree still owns if there is a tracer on the other team.

immortal flow
Jun 6, 2003
boing boing boing
I just met the king of funhavers, 'you're such a tryhard for killing me, I was only casually healing'. Gold medal healing as Roadhog~

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Sade posted:

You're right, competitive players have no fun playing video games competitively. They also hate you for having fun playing video games.

Nah I'm not saying either playstyle is dumb and bad. I've been on serious business competitive teams in games before, long ago when I had time to burn on that kind of thing. But it's usually easier to make fun of tryhards, probably because many of them have an overinflated sense of their own importance in relation to their chosen game and the scrubby peon pub players who could never be on their level. (Not anyone here, of course, all goons are saints)

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Knifegrab posted:

god no what are you doing winston why did you jump into the middle of six of them...

Man if just like 3 of you would go Mercy and heal him while he does that he wouldn't die and you guys would win, don't you know anything.

(Actual commentary I heard on a stream once)

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Mccree is fine and the only people who are complaining are the ones who did nothing but flashbang+RMB all day every day.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

BobTheJanitor posted:

Nah I'm not saying either playstyle is dumb and bad. I've been on serious business competitive teams in games before, long ago when I had time to burn on that kind of thing. But it's usually easier to make fun of tryhards, probably because many of them have an overinflated sense of their own importance in relation to their chosen game and the scrubby peon pub players who could never be on their level. (Not anyone here, of course, all goons are saints)

You sound really bitter just fyi if you're looking for constructive feedback.

Fake edit: McCree is still good.

Real edit: Widow is still good too.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

The Gate posted:

I mean, McCree is still real loving good though? Like, he's a character that has a 6 shot sniper rifle that doesn't force you to zoom? 3 body hits will kill most characters, and he's got excellent damage even at longish range. Also, he's got a stun, and then he's also got a super high dps right click that wins most close range fights all on its own if you have not poo poo aim. Like, yeah, pros will click heads all day and be amazing, but 70 damage shots are still Real Good even if you're not some fps king.

Most kills in this game are not from 1v1 showdowns, they're from big 3v3 to 6v6 clusters, and his left click chunks a third of most characters HP.

No see you see he doesn't have his Iwin button anymore so the character is dead.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

immortal flow posted:

I just met the king of funhavers, 'you're such a tryhard for killing me, I was only casually healing'. Gold medal healing as Roadhog~

that was me

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Knifegrab posted:

Its really that easy for fucks sake stop filtering into the point one at a time god no what are you doing winston why did you jump into the middle of six of them...

The worst feeling I have as Winston is when I jump, instantly realize how much of a mistake it was to leap, then die super quickly trying to retreat in a panic.

I just had to chase that Mercy.....

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric

subx posted:

I don't think so, but they did say joining an in-progress game should never count as a loss.

I hope so because I've joined my fair share of losing battles.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Winston is sort of designed for jumping into the fray, beating people away and causing them to scatter to allow for a coordinated push to come through.

That's sort of his job description.

Reinhardt advances his team
Winston pushes their team back
Roadhog separates them
Zarya brings them together
D.Va gets blown up.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

ItBurns posted:

You sound really bitter just fyi if you're looking for constructive feedback.

Fake edit: McCree is still good.

Real edit: Widow is still good too.

Thank you, I will take it under advisement. I can't guarantee that I won't keep giggling at people who take games too seriously, though. I hope that's OK.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
I had a pubbie complain about all the Zenyattas he's seeing thanks to the Widow nerf. That's what happens when an entire class is supressed because of an imbalance over a few weeks.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Aw, you no longer get the level up fanfare once you pass level 100? :(

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I for one am glad they unleashed the Zenyatta, as Roadhog is also now more popular thanks to McCree being nerfed.

Those discord headshots build up so much ult. Thanks Zen buddy, this high noon's for you :shobon:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Ddraig posted:

No see you see he doesn't have his Iwin button anymore so the character is dead.

Eh, I think people are underestimating the impact of that change a bit, especially on the Genji/Reaper matchups. "Oh, but if you die against Genji after leaving him at 25HP you are the bad". Sure, sure, but Genji usually gets the drop on you in my experience, and he can nail you for 160 damage himself. I think we're gonna see a hell of a lot more Genjis and Reapers now, even in pub play, because McCree was a very good counter to them even if you were a bad player. Now you actually need to be considerably better to win those skirmishes consistently, or at least I think so.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Kanfy posted:

Aw, you no longer get the level up fanfare once you pass level 100? :(

It's no longer a game once you reach level 100

This is your life now

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Dias posted:

Eh, I think people are underestimating the impact of that change a bit, especially on the Genji/Reaper matchups. "Oh, but if you die against Genji after leaving him at 25HP you are the bad". Sure, sure, but Genji usually gets the drop on you in my experience, and he can nail you for 160 damage himself. I think we're gonna see a hell of a lot more Genjis and Reapers now, even in pub play, because McCree was a very good counter to them even if you were a bad player. Now you actually need to be considerably better to win those skirmishes consistently, or at least I think so.

The real impact of the change is that bad McCrees are no longer good. Last night, I got killed by a McCree I hadn't seen while fighting with his teammates...the killcam consisted of him right-clicking in my general direction (I wasn't terribly close to him), reloading, right-clicking again, reloading, and right-clicking a third time. That guy doesn't deserve to win 1v1s.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Main Paineframe posted:

The real impact of the change is that bad McCrees are no longer good. Last night, I got killed by a McCree I hadn't seen while fighting with his teammates...the killcam consisted of him right-clicking in my general direction (I wasn't terribly close to him), reloading, right-clicking again, reloading, and right-clicking a third time. That guy doesn't deserve to win 1v1s.

Please tell me you have shadowplay and recorded that.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Had a weird pair of games on Hanamura last night. First we're on defense, they overrun us and take point A pretty quickly but we hold them off B for a good three minutes. Then they give up on concentrated pushing and just wander in bits at a time. The pharah is shooting rockets at my turrets so we flank and take her out. Reinhardt and mercy come in solo on the hallway side so I carve them up with Symmetra. They come right back but this time Mei is hiding behind them so I get killed but my team finishes them off. Tracer keeps zipping in to test the point. Our reaper, hanzo and d.va are out front and keep skirmishing and winning so we aren't seeing much action on the point. I chase the tracer into the medpack room on the side balcony and finish her off, then suddenly see the point countdown. I sprint for it but despite making it to the center of the roombefore the timer is up the game says we lost the point and the DEFEAT screen pops up. The pharah and mercy had just walked right in the front door missing all of us defenders while we were hunting down the others. Good old tunnel vision.

So on offense against the same opponents we overrun A really quickly thanks to a great Reinhardt, and Lucio speed boosting casualties back to the front. Our second push at point B, the rein and I walk right onto the point and huddle behind his shield as a hanzo, torb + turret and tracer shoot at us from their back hallway. The capture winds up, they continue to shoot, his shield cracks a bit, and VICTORY. That was it. Not one of them thought to step on the point I guess. Maybe they were giving back to us after we handed them their last win?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Thor-Stryker posted:

I had a pubbie complain about all the Zenyattas he's seeing thanks to the Widow nerf. That's what happens when an entire class is supressed because of an imbalance over a few weeks.

He's right to complain because Zenyatta is Still Bad.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nehru the Damaja posted:

He's right to complain because Zenyatta is Still Bad.

He might not be optimal but he is so much more fun to play now that you don't get oneshotted by widowmakers all the time.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Just had a team so bad they gave up two Dorado cap points before my Symmetra ult finished charging, quality. Now I have to attack with them.

e: Got near the end then started attacking one at a time and ignoring the enemy mercy, what a shock. Back to the queue for me

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jun 15, 2016

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Knifegrab posted:

Its really that easy for fucks sake stop filtering into the point one at a time god no what are you doing winston why did you jump into the middle of six of them...

its me, i'm the lucio that goes ham and runs into the point with the whole enemy team there (cuz fuckin no one else will :argh:)

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Antoine Silvere posted:

its me, i'm the lucio that goes ham and runs into the point with the whole enemy team there (cuz fuckin no one else will :argh:)

At least you can wall run and b-hop like a mad man with infinite health as you amp it up.

And running into a point is a decent strat to extend overtime. Otherwise you are a garbage human and I hate you.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Antoine Silvere posted:

I do this more often than I'd care to, but most of the time it's me going "okay, we really need to recap the point, I have Amp it Up and I can see my teammates behind me, so they'll probably follow me to the point".

Then they don't, and I die.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Where is our loving Lucio!?!?

Oh. Nevermind, he's on the ceiling.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
More like I spend 30+ seconds running circles around the enemy team stalling the payload/point expecting teammates to follow me, and then they don't, and then I die.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

I'm the dumbass who leaps on to the point solo against a whole team I'll admit.

Usually it's because I'll be with my whole team and we'll be ready to attack and I assume that we're all going to do that so I leap in to draw attention and try to pressure their healer and back line, then I'll look back and notice no one else is coming to the point and I die.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Dias posted:

I do this more often than I'd care to, but most of the time it's me going "okay, we really need to recap the point, I have Amp it Up and I can see my teammates behind me, so they'll probably follow me to the point".

Then they don't, and I die.

"Assuming my team will move ahead with me" is probably my #1 cause of deaths.

I can't play Reinhardt anymore because apparently walking forwards with my shield up is moving too quickly and aggressively for 90% of players to keep up. They need to sit back around the corner and have a good think before committing to any rash courses of action.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

piratepilates posted:

Please tell me you have shadowplay and recorded that.

If I had had Shadowplay running, I definitely would've.

Antoine Silvere posted:

If anyone's going to charge into the point alone, Lucio has a better chance than most. Wall-running, cross-fading, and amping like mad can keep you alive for a surprisingly long time

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
I just bought this game Saturday and I regret not buying it sooner. I'm tired of playing pubs though, when do most US goons get on? None of my friends have it for PC so I can't play with them.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

The Jumpoff posted:

I just bought this game Saturday and I regret not buying it sooner. I'm tired of playing pubs though, when do most US goons get on? None of my friends have it for PC so I can't play with them.

Goons are 100% no better than pubs.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Xaris posted:

More like I spend 30+ seconds running circles around the enemy team stalling the payload/point expecting teammates to follow me, and then they don't, and then I die.

Triarii posted:

I can't play Reinhardt anymore because apparently walking forwards with my shield up is moving too quickly and aggressively for 90% of players to keep up. They need to sit back around the corner and have a good think before committing to any rash courses of action.

Oh, these also happens way too often. There's a third desync issue too, the whole team moving forward, you commiting to the push as a support or tank, then EVERYONE all of a sudden backing the gently caress off, leaving you stranded against 4 other guys. It's not even a strategic retreat, it's a "oh poo poo they can shoot back!" reaction.

subx
Jan 12, 2003

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Mierenneuker posted:

As someone who played League of Legends for a couple years I have to say that it's really for Blizzard's own benefit. Riot Games once got excited and gave a sneak peek of an upcoming new character with the caveat that he wasn't coming soon and was subject to change. That lead to answering questions about him every month, even after they admitted they had problems actually realizing the character during his development. After several years they ended up doing a different take on the character, but I bet they are still occasionally answering questions about that sneak peek from 2013 to this very day.

The internet does not forget, even if you gave them a solid answer before because "lol @ actually looking things up before asking questions".

Well I wasn't really criticizing it. I think it was a pretty good response on his part, all things considered. He's definitely learning after the whole Tracer thing.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Knifegrab posted:

Goons are 100% no better than pubs.

I don't want better teammates, I want teammates I can do dumb poo poo with.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Triarii posted:

"Assuming my team will move ahead with me" is probably my #1 cause of deaths.

this game desperately needs a "GO GO GO!" or "attack now!" voice command of some kind. hitting F on the point marker isn't imperative enough ("Kerrzhe wants to capture the objective!" like yeah no poo poo), and it's hard to actually point at the icon if you happen to be dead and the spectator camera is locked at a bad angle.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

yeah sometimes that happens when playing reinhardt, often I find myself just saying 'gently caress it' and start killing people and I wind up with top kills and damage while my team whines about what a 'bad tank' i am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

Verranicus posted:

Mccree is fine and the only people who are complaining are the ones who did nothing but flashbang+RMB all day every day.

19 fan the hammer kills
20 eliminations total