Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Kanfy posted:

We faced a Reinhardt like that today and he almost single-handedly dismantled us in a couple of games, he had his ult up constantly from all the damage he did and he just hammered people down left and right. Guy was legit terrifying.

If no one's standing behind Reinhart's shield, usually it's because they're all off flanking somewhere, which means the other team's usually paying more attention to dangerous flanker characters than the big slow guy with no guns way over there. And Reinhart is surprisingly good at getting picks if he has any sense of timing and the enemy team aren't paying enough attention to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Except they forget that theres a confused mercy standing next to him that gets sniped as soon as the shield is down.

The shield is a giant "Hit me!" sign. If everyone is paying attention to the shield the flanks can back cap. At least in theory, such organization is rare.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm proud to admit I have charged myself off a cliff to my death several times as Reinhardt. :dealwithit:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
No one mentioning how hilarious it is that the Chinese ripoff game is called "Legend of Titan?"

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

No one mentioning how hilarious it is that the Chinese ripoff game is called "Legend of Titan?"

it was funny how all of the heroes were visually just slightly different from their overwatch counterparts

except widowmaker, who is exactly the same

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Manatee Cannon posted:

it was funny how all of the heroes were visually just slightly different from their overwatch counterparts

except widowmaker, who is exactly the same

The joke was that Overwatch was pieced together from the scraps of the canceled MMO that was called Project Titan during development.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I get that, it's just something I found amusing when I watched the video

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

hobbesmaster posted:

Same except 100%. :ssh:

I once rocket boosted an enemy Reinhardt off a cliff at the start of route 66, that was kinda funny at least. :shrug:
I was on defense on Route 66 when that happened to me, so I returned the favor and in general the game was a lot of hot Rheinhart on Rheinhart action. We won, so it couldn't have hurt much.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

I once rocket boosted an enemy Reinhardt off a cliff at the start of route 66, that was kinda funny at least. :shrug:

if you're not yelling WITNESS MEEEEeeeee when you do this you're doing it wrong. :colbert:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
My proudest moment as a Reinhardt was charging a full health Winston off the edge of the map while at <40 hp and managing to write "I'm taking you with me!" in chat before we both died.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So is the patch live?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Broken Cog posted:

My proudest moment as a Reinhardt was charging a full health Winston off the edge of the map while at <40 hp and managing to write "I'm taking you with me!" in chat before we both died.

Someone post that webm of Reinhardt pulling an Iron Giant off with a Dva bomb

Tin Gang
Sep 27, 2007

Tin Gang posted:

showering has no effect on germs and is terrible for your skin. there is no good reason to do it

Broken Cog posted:

If this is the wrong way to play Reinhardt I don't want to be right.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
When my pubbies fail to sit behind my shield, I usually just charge forward past the enemy defense and then 180 and pop shield. Guaranteed to have every enemy fall back and attempt to focus fire you, thus funneling all your pubby team-mates into the objective so they can continue Reaper-Sniping.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Whenever I pick reinhardt my team all runs away from me as fast as possible like I'm some kind of radioactive leper. :argh:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Dizz posted:

I love when I get a Reinhardt on my team

And he proceeds to spend the entire game charging into enemies and being useless

Today I had a Reinhardt charge me off the point into the void near the second point of Russia Robot Revolution.

I was like 90% frozen by Mei already and almost dead anyways. :v:

Also, McCree is fun to play as now that everyone expects you to suck.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

J posted:

Whenever I pick reinhardt my team all runs away from me as fast as possible like I'm some kind of radioactive leper. :argh:

Hey the shield is scary!

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

drrockso20 posted:

Someone post that webm of Reinhardt pulling an Iron Giant off with a Dva bomb

Sadly as cool as that initially was, the best play is to just get as close as you can with the shield up so you give your team a cone to hide behind. Only time you should charge it is if you have no shield. People hide from it fast now and moving it normally just kills someone on your team. If they made charging it switch the damage it would be another story.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

one time I saw a dva bomb going up and I tried to block it with the mei ice barrier

instead I put it on the wrong side and trapped myself with no way to escape. at least I got the thing for blocking a lot of damage with the ice tho

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

If you're not utilising a large number of Reinhardt charges, irrespective of your shield hp, between cart riding while assaulting Gibraltar you're either doing it wrong, or facing a very bad defense.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
One time I rocket boosted and hit three people with Rein's charge (though I think he can only pin one person at a time). Right before I pinned him into a wall, a Roadhog hooked me and dragged me back across the map to my death.

I also perfectly timed a charge once to push a Roadhog off a cliff, only to have him hook me down with him.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Manatee Cannon posted:

one time I saw a dva bomb going up and I tried to block it with the mei ice barrier

instead I put it on the wrong side and trapped myself with no way to escape.

mei.txt

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I'm assuming this has already been posted somewhere;

https://a.pomf.cat/eufhnk.mp4

Would unironically play this if they upped the client refresh rate.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

ABC

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cQD1OzyFJxg

always be charging

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

Except they forget that theres a confused mercy standing next to him that gets sniped as soon as the shield is down.

The shield is a giant "Hit me!" sign. If everyone is paying attention to the shield the flanks can back cap. At least in theory, such organization is rare.

There's zero point in Mercy standing there next to a lone, shielded Reinhart. If he's shielded, then there's no point in healing or boosting him because he's neither taking nor dealing damage. If he is taking damage, then either a flanker got behind the shield or he dropped his shield, and in either case Mercy should be flying away as fast as possible.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Does Reinhardt's shield break faster when he has Orb of Discord on him? I'm finding conflicting reports online.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I didn't realise you could charge someone stunned on the ground from the hammer ult, that could come in handy

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Main Paineframe posted:

There's zero point in Mercy standing there next to a lone, shielded Reinhart. If he's shielded, then there's no point in healing or boosting him because he's neither taking nor dealing damage. If he is taking damage, then either a flanker got behind the shield or he dropped his shield, and in either case Mercy should be flying away as fast as possible.

Why wouldn't you heal the tank? Have you never raided before?

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
It doesn't feel normal by usual game sense that I can gun down the giant pig tank man with my healer pistol so easily, but it's rad either way.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

mcbexx posted:

How to git gud with Symmetra.
Required viewing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4uUTnfFKes

Geez, I never jerk off enough goats to get her ultimate built up twice in a single match. :allears:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i'm pretty certain someone has made the "wow gg everyone picked same character" joke every single time ive played the new brawl

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

today i landed the perfect zarya ult on the enemy team but then someone in my discord group blocked them off with a mei wall, so i screamed incoherently like a chimpanzee for the entire duration of the ice wall

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Countblanc posted:

i'm pretty certain someone has made the "wow gg everyone picked same character" joke every single time ive played the new brawl

"need a healer"

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Random Heroes should be a static game mode. It's too good to be rotated out.

All Soldiers is pretty dull.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Countblanc posted:

at least that joke is thematically appropriate

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!

Minorkos posted:

today i landed the perfect zarya ult on the enemy team but then someone in my discord group blocked them off with a mei wall, so i screamed incoherently like a chimpanzee for the entire duration of the ice wall
She then went on to deny you countless kills on weak enemies while spamming her "chill out" line, right?

I was decidedly un-chill that game.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Harlock posted:

Random Heroes should be a static game mode. It's too good to be rotated out.

All Soldiers is pretty dull.

i actually think this is the best brawl so far, if not just because it's nice to play a game where every team fight doesnt have 2-4 ults going off

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Today I learned people get really pissy if you dare to talk on the general chat. Or any chat.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Why is the general playerbase so bad at DVa

Like, I'm not gonna say she's an incredibly good character, but 99% of the time when I go up against one they are a complete non-threat because for whatever reason, they spend the entire match trying to kill people from halfway across the map with their shotguns. 1% of the time you find somebody who actually closes in and puts puts pressure on you and they feel like a decently valuable member of their team. I'm not even exaggerating with these numbers. I have literally only seen a couple DVas that aren't completely retarded.

No one else seems to have this issue. You don't see every reaper exclusively trying to shotgun snipe all day. You don't see widows running in and trying to be S76 with their SMG. Genji is a far more complex and difficult character to play than Dva, yet almost everyone who chooses him seems to have a solid grasp of how he works. People may not be particularly good at what they're doing, but they at least have a basic idea of what their role is. Why is it just DVa? I do not understand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

NTRabbit posted:

I didn't realise you could charge someone stunned on the ground from the hammer ult, that could come in handy

There's an achievement specifically relating to this. In quick succession: Ultimate, then Flame, then Charge to unlock it. Also makes you feel like a badass.