Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Turns out AC4 is only $9 with PSPlus so that seems well worth putting up with Ubisoft's usual problems if I get a good pirate game.

Also Rayman Legends is super cheap. I've had my eye on it forever since I want a fun co-op game to play with my girlfriend. It looks really cute from all the screenshots :3:

Rahman Legends is well worth whatever the sale price is, and the co-op is good. A ton of great-looking, great-feeling, great-sounding platforming. One of the best ever made, including Nintendo's stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
If you don't have a huge grin on your face the first time you play your first Music level in Rayman Legends, I just assume you're dead on the inside.

mallamp
Nov 25, 2009

BaronVanAwesome posted:

If you don't have a huge grin on your face the first time you play your first Music level in Rayman Legends, I just assume you're dead on the inside.
This is somethingawful dot com, majority of users are dead inside
Platformers always make me think of that ulilillia dude, just can't take them seriously as an adult

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

mallamp posted:

Platformers always make me think of that ulilillia dude, just can't take them seriously as an adult

You have brain damage.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

mallamp posted:

*claims to be an adult*

*unironically posts in a gaming forum on a comedy website*

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

The ps3 version of watch dogs was still actively being annoying with online invasions a few months back. No idea about the ps4 version though.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Nomadic Scholar posted:

The ps3 version of watch dogs was still actively being annoying with online invasions a few months back. No idea about the ps4 version though.
Just get the Destroyer as soon as possible and snipe their loving cars

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Is Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe Edition on UK store a pricing error? It's 85% reduced, while the others are 35 and 43 reduced. Meaning it's cheapest at £9.49, and I bought it. :)

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

BGrifter posted:

How was the DLC in Shadow of Mordor? I bought it at launch, platinumed it in a couple weeks and sold it. $12 CAD for the GotY edition is kind of tempting if the DLC is any good.
Skins don't carry through to cutscenes so they're not really worthwhile. The Beastmaster DLC is some second-string game mechanic additions and an other separate army of orcs that you're mandated to use the gimmicks on to win. Story is barebones. Bright Lord DLC is more interesting/ambitious with more focus on mind-control mechanics, but it's quite a bit more difficult than the standard game and can be pretty frustrating as a result. Mostly because you are weaker than the main game hero. The final boss fight is some real premium horse poo poo for difficulty. Story is slightly more interesting but still rather scant. Not very long, either.

If it's been a while since you played you'll get the value in hours out of $12 but I mainlined the story and the two DLCs and by the end of it I never wanted to play Shadow of Mordor again.

rantAK posted:

Does buying ps plus from the store count for the spend 100$ deal? I remember hearing that in the previous deals it worked.
What matters is that you spend "$100 or more using the PSN Wallet". If you have nothing in your wallet, put in your CC details, then purchase a $50 worth of PS+ subscription bump (which IIRC is always its own transaction) and then $50 worth of games (or movies, or TV shows, etc.), it'll count at least $100 going through the Wallet system and therefore trigger the $15 credit. I did it myself last time around.

Hard to say if $49.99 vs. $50 for the PS+ sub specifically will matter, they've been good for it in the past, but just try to get $50.01 for the non PS+ sub purchases if you don't want to worry about it.

mallamp
Nov 25, 2009

elf help book posted:

You have brain damage.
No, platforming adults.. it's always either ulilillia or some geek&sundry bro in colourful clothes who's way too happy, either way it's suspicious

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

CrashCat posted:

Just get the Destroyer as soon as possible and snipe their loving cars

I usually got people hiding somewhere on top of the railways. Only had to deal with a garage invader once or twice.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Kenny Logins posted:

Skins don't carry through to cutscenes so they're not really worthwhile. The Beastmaster DLC is some second-string game mechanic additions and an other separate army of orcs that you're mandated to use the gimmicks on to win. Story is barebones. Bright Lord DLC is more interesting/ambitious with more focus on mind-control mechanics, but it's quite a bit more difficult than the standard game and can be pretty frustrating as a result. Mostly because you are weaker than the main game hero. The final boss fight is some real premium horse poo poo for difficulty. Story is slightly more interesting but still rather scant. Not very long, either.

If it's been a while since you played you'll get the value in hours out of $12 but I mainlined the story and the two DLCs and by the end of it I never wanted to play Shadow of Mordor again.

Yeah I've decided to skip it. I was hoping maybe they did something like Borderlands 2 where the DLC packs were mini-expansions. The base game was a lot of fun and I thoroughly enjoyed my play through, but it felt really short.

Borderlands 2 got a lot of poo poo for the amount of paid DLC, but I'd be hard pressed to think of a non-MMO game that added so much good content after launch. It's the only game I've ever bought a season pass for and felt like I got my money's worth.

Faux Mulder
Aug 1, 2014

just gonna do whatever I want to do, all the time

mallamp posted:

No, platforming adults.. it's always either ulilillia or some geek&sundry bro in colourful clothes who's way too happy, either way it's suspicious

what on earth are you talking about

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Faux Mulder posted:

what on earth are you talking about

A Youtuber he doesn't like plays platformers, therefore platformers are bad.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

~platforming adults~

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sports simulation babies
Casual octogenarians
Train sim tweens
Retro millennials
Middle age minecrafters
Fps boomers

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Kenny Logins posted:

What matters is that you spend "$100 or more using the PSN Wallet". If you have nothing in your wallet, put in your CC details, then purchase a $50 worth of PS+ subscription bump (which IIRC is always its own transaction) and then $50 worth of games (or movies, or TV shows, etc.), it'll count at least $100 going through the Wallet system and therefore trigger the $15 credit. I did it myself last time around.

Hard to say if $49.99 vs. $50 for the PS+ sub specifically will matter, they've been good for it in the past, but just try to get $50.01 for the non PS+ sub purchases if you don't want to worry about it.

When in doubt if you're over $100 or not buy some corn love.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Mario is a platforming adult.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
So instead of an E3 sale the UK and IRL store gets a... EA sale 🤔

BF4 back to being super cheap

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Platforming adults:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOqSxr5M-9g

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

Is this an American version of MXC/Takeshi's Castle? I had no loving idea this existed.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it is a pale imitator of mxc

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah except someone actually wins unlike Takeshi's Castle

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Takeshis castle is a game of honor and skill, Wipeout is just watching fat people fall over. American Ninja Warrior sucks too

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah except someone actually wins unlike Takeshi's Castle

the viewer is the winner there

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

homeless snail posted:

American Ninja Warrior sucks too
it is actually pretty cool imo and the japanese team keeps getting killed in the usa vs eu vs jp matchups

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I used to like Ninja Warrior/Sasuke but the guy who narrated the UK version got arrested for being a pedophile so I can't watch it anymore

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I really did not like RE0 so I would never buy the bundle, but good job whoever is in charge of pricing for making the RE0/RE1 bundle cost four more dollars than buying them both individually in the e3 sale.

also for you jrpg likers, is Tales of Zestiria any good or worth the sale price

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i liked it

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

I used to like Ninja Warrior/Sasuke but the guy who narrated the UK version got arrested for being a pedophile so I can't watch it anymore

This is a pretty strong stance for an anime-av-haver

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

wtf

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

futurama is anime

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

rabidsquid posted:

also for you jrpg likers, is Tales of Zestiria any good or worth the sale price

Eh. It's probably the worst Tales games I've played and most likely rushed and half of it left on the Bamco cutting room floor but I still played it for 40 hours and actually finished it which is more than I can say for a lot of games.
The camera is really bad in combat though, most of the other niggles can be avoided as long as you're not playing in the higher difficulty levels.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Go gently caress yourself

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Eh. It's probably the worst Tales games I've played and most likely rushed and half of it left on the Bamco cutting room floor but I still played it for 40 hours and actually finished it which is more than I can say for a lot of games.
The camera is really bad in combat though, most of the other niggles can be avoided as long as you're not playing in the higher difficulty levels.

Echoing the advice not to play higher difficulty levels, on normal you can mostly ignore the loot focused equipment system because it's kind of poorly thought out.

I don't think it's as bad as a lot of people say but I'd recommend nearly any of the other Tales games available digitally more than it.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

get out

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

lol

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
You guys weren't kidding about Black Flag's movement controls being janky. Still though it seems promising so far. It weirds me out how everyone has insanely white teeth, but I can chalk that up to everyone being sun-baked :v:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MeatwadIsGod posted:

You guys weren't kidding about Black Flag's movement controls being janky. Still though it seems promising so far. It weirds me out how everyone has insanely white teeth, but I can chalk that up to everyone being sun-baked :v:

Its the same old bad ac play control but now with very dense environments littered with garbage to get stuck on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
It's odd that movement while walking is so stiff and slow. Having a run button is just so dated. Push the analog stick slightly to walk, slightly more to jog, all the way to sprint. And combat is like a slackjawed imitation of Rocksteady. I just wanted a fun pirate game, and it seems like this will work. The environments are quite pretty and the historical grounding is pretty solid.

• Locked thread