Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'd consider voting for the Wayne Australia Party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Post Gillard swan is kinda based he has that giant billboard on Gympie road declaring class warfare. Plucky Lil communist wayne

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

Post Gillard swan is kinda based he has that giant billboard on Gympie road declaring class warfare. Plucky Lil communist wayne

Out of the Rudd/Gillard Labor lot, I didn't mind Swan. Prefer him over Albo. Unfortunately I think he is tainted too much with that era to be a shadow minister/minister again

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I think with time he could try opposition leader and be a senior kind of figure

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Wayne Swan is a surplus-fetishising dope

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

Wayne Swan is a surplus-fetishising dope

Wayne is the best Sim City 3000 player who ever lived!

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Kommando posted:

yeah, QLD is the most conservative state. Women travel an hour and a half south to Tweed Heads, just across in NSW, to get an abortion. Sexual health clinics in Brisbane are hidden and not publicised as existing. There's one in Fortitude Valley that I found only by ducking into its doorway to escape some rain.

Abortion is still a crime in the NSW Crimes Act, unless for reasons of physical or mental health. So a GP will make an assessment that carrying the fetus to term will impact on the mother's mental health and the refer her to a family health clinic.

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

open24hours posted:

In practice it's more 'illegal' than illegal, but it's still something that needs to be changed. I thought the Queensland government voted to decriminalise it a few weeks ago though?

Only a vote to see if we should think about removing it from the criminal code. The law is from 1899 and says it's a criminal offence to perform, receive, or supply the tools used for an abortion. The law is based off English civil law from the 1860's. Unfortunately the alp are allowing a conscience vote so it's not guaranteed to pass. People seriously need to give up hope on Jackie Trad already.

Edit

Capt.Whorebags posted:

Abortion is still a crime in the NSW Crimes Act, unless for reasons of physical or mental health. So a GP will make an assessment that carrying the fetus to term will impact on the mother's mental health and the refer her to a family health clinic.

This is how it works in QLD too.

asio fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jun 16, 2016

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

If When Bill loses the election, are they going to replace him?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Kommando posted:

pre:
QLDLilley  KINGSTON, DavidLiberal National Party of Queensland 1
QLDLilleyHALL, SharanFamily First2QLDLilleyHOLMICK2
QLDLilleyHOLMICK, Simon JamesLiberal Democrats3
QLDLilleySWAN, WayneAustralian Labor Party4
QLDLilleyOGDEN, ClaireThe Greens 5

ugh I'm not fixing that mess on my phone with predictive text.

that's my ticket in Lilley. Greens last, Swanny second last, the right wing gently caress heads up top.

Hey electorate buddy.

Also, this

quote:

I am confused about a few things this morning. One of them is how the Clean Energy Finance Corporation provides finance for a steelmaker such as Arrium.

Scott Morrison says the government is engaged with administrators and the SA government.

"Our advice is that the business itself is able to continue to trade and it is preparing for sale and the administrators have advised that is the position at the moment."

He says “we can best work with them to ensure using the CEFC and all the others things we have available to us can ensure the ongoing viability of that business”.

Morrison says the government has brought forward $80m worth of product in the rail program to “ensure they have a viable brought-forward client” to shore up the viability of the business.

Fran takes up the story:

Q: Why would a steelmaker qualify for financing from the Clean Energy Finance Corporation?

A:These are the options that are available to us Fran. You make a good point though Fran because if that is the case one of the Green policies is that they would consider Arrium a dirty polluter. So I’m not sure what the Greens and Labor would do in these circumstances down the track …

Q: I am not interested in that, I am just wondering has the mandate of the Clean Energy Finance Corporation changed?

A:No, not at all Fran and there are opportunities for us to pursue how that could be used in this circumstance. But the point I am making is this, we need to work with the business that buys this business because they are the ones who are going to secure the jobs for the people who work at Arrium into the future. The administrators have a task in the short term.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
http://www.theage.com.au/federal-po...615-gpjvna.html

quote:

Embattled Liberal candidate Chris Jermyn may have broken electoral laws by claiming he was living in a house that didn't exist.

In 2013 Mr Jermyn was enrolled to vote in the Victorian electorate of McEwen - the same seat he's now trying to win for the Coalition.

He enrolled using an address in the small Victorian regional town of Christmas Hills.

But there are two problems. The address was - and still is - an empty block of land. ASIC documents also show Mr Jermyn's father, businessman Peter Jermyn, sold the 99-acre property on July 26, 2013 - about six weeks before the federal election.

Fairfax Media understands Mr Jermyn - who shot to prominence last month when his attempt to ambush Bill Shorten at a campaign event backfired - was enrolled at this address until 2015. However, at no time did he actually live there.

According to the Australian Electoral Commission the law requires that you have lived at an address for more than one month before you can enrol there.

"Some degree of permanence, or continuity of living at the address shown on the electoral roll is a vital legal requirement before you should change your enrolment," the AEC says on its website.

Publicly-available records for one of Mr Jermyn's companies, Mooter Media, list his residential address in 2014 as Queens Lane, Melbourne - actually located in the Labor electorate of Melbourne Ports.

Mr Jermyn's social media accounts also indicate he had been living in Melbourne, not Christmas Hill.

On June 21, 2013 he posted a message to Domino's Pizza on Facebook: "Why does your Prahran store suggest on its Google results (proferred by you) that it's open until 1am on a Thursday night when evidently it closes at midnight? Had I known I would have made my order quicker but I tend to rely on your own times being correct. Instead I sit here hungry. What's the deal?"

In January 2014 he complained about "lying staff" at a local restaurant called Foccacia, saying he'd "lived nearby for months".

"I arrived at 9.38 this evening only to be greeted by a CLOSED sign on the door," he writes. "The only problem with that? Focaccio closes at 10pm."

And the following month he again sent a message to Domino's, complaining that he cannot order Wagyu pizzas from their St Kilda store.

In his candidate biography for the upcoming election, Mr Jermyn says he currently lives in Wallan but is "building his first home in Christmas Hills":

Under the Criminal Code, making any false or misleading statement in any enrolment or electoral papers is an offence that can carry a maximum penalty of 12 months imprisonment:

Mr Jermyn refused to comment or answer questions about his enrolment. However a Liberal Party spokesman said Mr Jermyn enrolled himself at the Christmas Hills address when he left his Melbourne home to travel overseas.

Earlier this week, Fairfax Media revealed details of Mr Jermyn's bold but failed plan to create a new multi-million dollar global reality competition.

Labor's Rob Mitchell currently holds the seat on a razor-thin 0.2 margin.

Fairfax Media has repeatedly approached Mr Jerymn and the Liberal Party for comment.

So do the libs do anything at all to vet their candidates? What a mess

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

The Shovel's comparison of the leaders of the major parties

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Nevermind the electoral fraud, he's complaining that Dominos Pizza is closed when he lives 20 minutes walk from any number of tasty restaurants on Chapel and at least a half dozen pizza places alone in between! This man is a cretin!

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Hi, I'm standing for the party of the rich upper class! I eat literal garbage food and complain when they are closed!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

http://www.theshovel.com.au/political-compass/

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Domino's was probably closed because someone pushed two tables together and the council shut it down.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

Nicolic the Abbott lover is scared of debating a green. What a sook. (He also threatens and blocks constituents on Facebook)

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Hey electorate buddy.

Also, this

I didnt change my electorate in time since I didnt have a permanent address before the cutoff so I'm absentee voting for Claire and Swan.

Its a bit of tough choice, with all those shitheads up top of the ballot catching the informals, I want to vote Greens but Swan was a drat fine treasurer for a moderately poo poo party and might need some help.

Eh, Preferences. who catches the 3, 4 and 5. Family first and Lib Dems are both loving awful and the LNP candidate describes himself as an envirionmentalist and former envirionmental engineer. I guess he can get 3.
Green
ALP
LNP
DLP
FFuckoff.

and belowtheline still isnt up.

Anyone got a summary of the senate micro parties. I want a blurb on which ones are lovely right wing preference funnels not worth putting in my preferences.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

TheMightyHandful posted:

Nicolic the Abbott lover is scared of debating a green. What a sook. (He also threatens and blocks constituents on Facebook)

Nicolic always seems to come across as a nasty piece of work.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Bob Katter: I hadn't heard about Orlando shooting because I don't watch the news

lol

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Robertson posted:

HIGGINS Lawrie - Antipaedophile Party
DAVY Van - Independent
WICKS Lucy - Liberal
MORRIS Hillary - The Greens
CRAIG Matthew - Liberal Democrats
STODDART Robert - Christian Democratic Party (Fred Nile Group)
CHARLTON Anne - Labor
Hmmmmm. Suspect AP is some fundy party but will look in to it. Seen some of the independents work around so will look in to him as well. I dont mind a decent independent (voted for Andren back in the day)

CDP will of course be last. Rest TBD.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

SynthOrange posted:

Bob Katter: I hadn't heard about Orlando shooting because I don't watch the news

lol

No gay people in his electorate to report it to anyway.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Other posted:

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-po...615-gpjvna.html

So do the libs do anything at all to vet their candidates? What a mess

On June 21, 2013 he posted a message to Domino's Pizza on Facebook: "Why does your Prahran store suggest on its Google results (proferred by you) that it's open until 1am on a Thursday night when evidently it closes at midnight? Had I known I would have made my order quicker but I tend to rely on your own times being correct. Instead I sit here hungry. What's the deal?"

In January 2014 he complained about "lying staff" at a local restaurant called Foccacia, saying he'd "lived nearby for months".

"I arrived at 9.38 this evening only to be greeted by a CLOSED sign on the door," he writes. "The only problem with that? Focaccio closes at 10pm."

And the following month he again sent a message to Domino's, complaining that he cannot order Wagyu pizzas from their St Kilda store.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

MiniSune posted:

Hmmmmm. Suspect AP is some fundy party but will look in to it. Seen some of the independents work around so will look in to him as well. I dont mind a decent independent (voted for Andren back in the day)

CDP will of course be last. Rest TBD.

Anti-paedophile party is Derrin Hinch's party.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Anti-paedophile party is Derrin Hinch's party.

I thought that was Derry Hinch's Justice Party.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Mad Katter posted:

I thought that was Derry Hinch's Justice Party.

Huh it is too. Sorry, my mistake.

e: I don't want to see Ricky replaced by Hinch. :(

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

code:
NSW	Wentworth	TOBOREK, Dejay	The Greens	1
NSW	Wentworth	XING, Peter	Science Party	2
NSW	Wentworth	ACKROYD, Anthony Michael	The Arts Party	3
NSW	Wentworth	THOMAS, Beresford	Christian Democratic Party (Fred Nile Group)	4
NSW	Wentworth	ALLEN, David	Independent	5
NSW	Wentworth	TURNBULL, Malcolm	Liberal	6
NSW	Wentworth	HUGHES, Evan	Labor	7
NSW	Wentworth	AUSSIE-STONE, Marc	Independent	8
Greens number 1! It's a pity the no-name LNP candidate will win. Why did I move here??

I'm also rather intrigued by Marc Aussie-Stone's name.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

open24hours posted:

Domino's was probably closed because someone pushed two tables together and the council shut it down.

Wonder how ol' Sloppy Joe is going these days.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Chortle

John Howard is running for the senate in WA.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
My turn:

WA Brand SCOTT, Philip Rise Up Australia Party 1
WA Brand KING, Madeleine Australian Labor Party 2
WA Brand BURDETT, Robert Australian Christians 3
WA Brand JECKS, Dawn The Greens (WA) 4
WA Brand BUCHANAN, Craig Liberal 5

What a field! Redneck, Labah, Awful Fundies, Greens *woo*, Neoliberal shitwagon.

Our incumbent Labor Right shitheel Gary Gray has retired, to be replaced by a former co-worker of mine. I don't know her personal philosophies but in general she was a pretty decent non-reptilian person.

I'll be voting Green, Labor, and then whatever order after that, because the Liberals couldn't get this seat in 2013 and they certainly won't get it now.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Frogmanv2 posted:

Chortle

Argh you bastard.
I had to go check - fortunately Christopher John Howard, candidate for the Australian Cyclists Party is probably slightly less of a malignant bastard than John Winston Howard.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Huh it is too. Sorry, my mistake.

e: I don't want to see Ricky replaced by Hinch. :(

Neither do I.

The Anti-pedo party seems to be a very single issue party, however they seem to also be against some forms of sex-ed as it sexualises children making me wonder if it isn't a front for another agenda.

Either way, it's a single issue "wont tell us anything else" kinda party and I don't trust them as far as I can spit.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

gently caress it, have another Westralian line-up for Burt

1 KEOGH, Matt Australian Labor Party Lawyer
2 SALMAN, Muhammad The Greens (WA) Mechanical Engineer
3 O'SULLIVAN, Matt Liberal Chief Operating Officer
4 SPYKER, Warnar Australian Christians Lawyer
5 BLEVIN, Ian Shooters, Fishers and Farmers Engineering Manager

AEC confirmed for endorsing LABOR GREEN CHAOS in WA.

Frogmanv2 posted:

Chortle

This guy or someone else?

e;fb
Ol' Eyebrows ain't running for poo poo

Unscathed
Dec 19, 2004
If you 'aven't got the gumption to figure out what's goin' on 'ere, then you can fuck off out The Force.

ShoeFly posted:

I'm also rather intrigued by Marc Aussie-Stone's name.

Check out his glorious comic-sans-ridden curriculum vitae here: http://www.aussiestone.com/

chyaroh
Aug 8, 2007
New England is a popular place:

NSW New England WALKER, Robert Henry Online Direct Democracy - (Empowering the People!) 1
NSW New England COLEFAX, Stan Christian Democratic Party (Fred Nile Group) 2
NSW New England MAILLER, David CountryMinded 3
NSW New England WHELAN, Peter Liberal Democrats 4
NSW New England EWINGS, David Labor 5
NSW New England TABER, Rob Independent 6
NSW New England WINDSOR, Tony Independent 7
NSW New England JOYCE, Barnaby The Nationals 8
NSW New England GOLDSTEIN, Mercurius The Greens 9
NSW New England COX, Philip Gordon Independent 10

At least Joyce is down at #8.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
REID (NSW) ballot order

1 CARTER, Marylou
Family First
Legal Practice Manager

2 LAUNDY, Craig
Liberal
Member of Parliament

3 TSIREKAS, Angelo
Labor
Health & Building Surveyor

4 KANG, Ju
Christian Democratic Party (Fred Nile Group)
Business Development Manager

5 MANTEL, Alice
The Greens
Lawyer

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unscathed posted:

Check out his glorious comic-sans-ridden curriculum vitae here: http://www.aussiestone.com/

Huh, apparently he invented time sharing

Dekenai
Mar 11, 2009

Chiming in from Whitlam, NSW...

1 HUNT, Tom The Greens
2 MANDELSON, Jan The Nationals
3 HARTMAN, Wayne Non-Custodial Parents Party (Equal Parenting)
4 JONES, Stephen Labor Member of Parliament
5 PINSUTI, Susan Christian Democratic Party (Fred Nile Group)
6 HEWITT, Marcus Liberal

Greens in top spot, Stephen Jones is pretty decent. Otherwise, meh.

Also, does anyone know anything about Senate candidate Santa Spruce-Peet-Boyd - Ungrouped/Independent #13, described as "Artist/Prophet"? I want to know if he's the good kind of weird or the bad kind of weird.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
pretty annoyed about labor preferencing CDP 2 Greens 3 in Reid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I've got soooooooo many choices this election.

CONROY Pat Labor
BARRIE Jenny Liberal
MacFADYEN Ivan The Greens
COX Morgan Christian Democratic Party (Fred Nile Group)

Who should I put last?

• Locked thread