Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

Tatum Girlparts posted:

then what's the point

There is no point. All I'm really saying is that in California, Hillary beat Bernie, 56 to 43, which implies a win by a comfortable margin, but otherwise I'm just here to provide maybe an interesting fact and toxx and shoot the poo poo a bit and not really anything else.

If you're asking why I did any voting anyway then I guess the answer is because voting is a good idea and I always vote on propositions.

celeron 300a has issued a correction as of 00:45 on Jun 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

This poo poo is getting ridiculous. People are buying so much into "Hillary is an evil corporate harpy that feeds exclusively on the blood of the oppressed" that whenever anyone who is progressive endorses her, rather than looking at Hillary's progressive policies they immediately assume that the progressive person they once followed is a false idol and only people who support Bernie are True Liberals™

Also, it's hilarious how the people who were saying "I'm not a sexist because I won't vote for Hillary, I would vote for Warren!" Then when Warren literally just endorses the democratic nominee, suddenly that all changes, and Warren of all people is a corporate fascist.

Found this on Facebook, where someone explained in the comments that the only moral thing to do is to write in Bernie. Today has given me an actual literal headache due to various political things.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
It's even more funny when you look at Hillary's opponent: the day glo orange manifestation of capitalistic greed.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

DemeaninDemon posted:

It's even more funny when you look at Hillary's opponent: the day glo orange manifestation of capitalistic greed.

I've seen poeple argue that you can trust Trump more than Clinton because at least he stands behind everything he says. The mental gymnastics involved in justifying that boggle my brain.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ivor Biggun posted:

I've seen poeple argue that you can trust Trump more than Clinton because at least he stands behind everything he says. The mental gymnastics involved in justifying that boggle my brain.

Hillary only wants to stop racism because it's politically advantageous; Trump endorses racist beliefs because that's how he really feels. Obviously, Trump comes out ahead here

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

trapped mouse posted:

This poo poo is getting ridiculous. People are buying so much into "Hillary is an evil corporate harpy that feeds exclusively on the blood of the oppressed" that whenever anyone who is progressive endorses her, rather than looking at Hillary's progressive policies they immediately assume that the progressive person they once followed is a false idol and only people who support Bernie are True Liberals™

Also, it's hilarious how the people who were saying "I'm not a sexist because I won't vote for Hillary, I would vote for Warren!" Then when Warren literally just endorses the democratic nominee, suddenly that all changes, and Warren of all people is a corporate fascist.

Found this on Facebook, where someone explained in the comments that the only moral thing to do is to write in Bernie. Today has given me an actual literal headache due to various political things.

There are 2 types of Sandernistas, just as there were 2 types of Clintonites in '08. Those who are angry now and lashing out but will come to reason by November, and those who look at the PUMA movement and say, "Yes. Yes, that insanity is my jam." Of course, given demographics there probably is one difference between Sandernistas and Clintonites, SAndernistas contain a 3rd faction who were never going to vote anyway because the youth don't vote.

All the sexism and venom are just par for the course. At this point in '08 the Clinton and Obama camps were still swirling vortexes of misogyny and racism. Raw, pulsating, masses of anger who saw each other as worse than McCain. Then again, there's a far smaller percentage of Bernie supporters who are #NeverHillary than there were Clinton supporters who fervently chanted party unity my rear end. Give it a month or so, and following Bernie officially dropping out and Clinton and Bernie talking up how much they love each other, and all that will be left are a handful of bitter assholes who wouldn't have voted anyway. The types of people who either had Bernie and Trump as their number 1 and 2 choices, or the types who found Bernie the most palatable conservative choice.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Hillary is Baba Abuela Yaga and Trump is Mammon.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Gyges posted:

There are 2 types of Sandernistas, just as there were 2 types of Clintonites in '08. Those who are angry now and lashing out but will come to reason by November, and those who look at the PUMA movement and say, "Yes. Yes, that insanity is my jam." Of course, given demographics there probably is one difference between Sandernistas and Clintonites, SAndernistas contain a 3rd faction who were never going to vote anyway because the youth don't vote.

All the sexism and venom are just par for the course. At this point in '08 the Clinton and Obama camps were still swirling vortexes of misogyny and racism. Raw, pulsating, masses of anger who saw each other as worse than McCain. Then again, there's a far smaller percentage of Bernie supporters who are #NeverHillary than there were Clinton supporters who fervently chanted party unity my rear end. Give it a month or so, and following Bernie officially dropping out and Clinton and Bernie talking up how much they love each other, and all that will be left are a handful of bitter assholes who wouldn't have voted anyway. The types of people who either had Bernie and Trump as their number 1 and 2 choices, or the types who found Bernie the most palatable conservative choice.

:agreed:

The PUMAs were a myth in 2008, and they're a myth now. I'd say that the very small minority that don't come around are more likely to be the type who smugly vote Jill Stein every year, than non-voters, but at the end of the day they have the same effect.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Ogmius815 posted:

I'm a huge Hillary supporter but she really is not a good speaker.

She seems capable of good speeches, I remember actually liking her speech in Harlem way back in time at the start of the primary season and I usually just ignore any speech by a politician. She's definitely not particularly exceptional at speeches, but nobody is particularly good this time around really.

Also, :toxx: for mi abuela :abuela:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Homeless Friend has issued a correction as of 13:27 on Jun 13, 2016

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Mrit posted:

I'll perma-toxx for Hillary.

Duly noted.

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Mrit posted:

:same:

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

:hfive:

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Mrit posted:

So is this, like, you toxx that she will win every election she faces from now until the day she dies?

e: so, functionally, this general election and the next one, barring some bizarre out of context problem.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
It means he will take a permaban

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Clinton posted a +12 poll result today. Gary Johnson is still eating a misleadingly large share, but it's a brutal result for Trump regardless.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Update: the primary is loving over

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/742882027033104384

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

It was over in March unofficially.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Mrit posted:

oof, I'm not ready for that yet, but if it still looks like this or better in September, I might join you.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Mrit posted:

If people are going to do this, please get someone with a tower to do it with you.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Peztopiary posted:

If people are going to do this, please get someone with a tower to do it with you.

I tried to get at least one bernie bro to :toxx: with me for CA and failed. It appears that the towers/bros have a total lack of conviction so good luck.

fozzie dunlop
Feb 28, 2008

by exmarx

Let's make America great again.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Peztopiary posted:

A Winner is Jew posted:

I tried to get at least one bernie bro to :toxx: with me for CA and failed. It appears that the towers/bros have a total lack of conviction so good luck.

This. I believe she will win 100%, and I doubt any of Trump's """""ironic""""" fans on the forum would have the balls to do the same.

warderenator
Nov 16, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I wish I had :toxx:ed a few weeks ago, but better late than never.

Defiance
Jan 1, 2008

by Deplorable exmarx

Hill dog oh one six :toxx:

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Hillary Clinton is definitely going to be the next President of the United States.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

HMS Beagle posted:

Hillary Clinton is definitely going to be the next President of the United States.

i don't *snort* know *chuckle* she uh she might ha get ha ha indicted hahahahahahaha

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Al! posted:

i don't *snort* know *chuckle* she uh she might ha get ha ha indicted hahahahahahaha

Someone in the losers thread was going on about how 'leaked emails will out quid pro quo with the Clinton Foundation!!' and gettting offended when everyone laughed.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Trump's gonna get fuckin destroyed, lmao

https://twitter.com/gdebenedetti/status/743211680524541952

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

haha holy poo poo

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Open the blood gates!!

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

:love:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

trump only has 2.4 mil on hand?!

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Al! posted:

No big deal, he can just refill his campaign coffers from his personal $10 billion fortune that totally isn't made up.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Slate Action posted:

No big deal, he can just refill his campaign coffers from his personal $10 billion fortune that totally isn't made up.

Well he has been paying for most of it himself so far, it's not like he's getting more than pocket change in donations. The fact that he's pissing away his fortune is an added bonus to this whole thing.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'm down to only worrying about going too hard against Trump now when the RNC can still technically back out. Please keep at least one hand tied behind your back until July 21st. Then bury him in a shallow grave in the desert.

Vox Nihili posted:

Well he has been paying for most of it himself so far, it's not like he's getting more than pocket change in donations. The fact that he's pissing away his fortune is an added bonus to this whole thing.

No, he's been paying himself the whole time. Everything has been run through Trump infrastructure which the campaign has been paying for. In addition to all the money from hats and poo poo that he's been totally not asking for at all. Probably about the only thing that isn't the Trump Campaign paying the Trump Organization for usages of equipment and personnel are the 5 people who are just campaign staff and some increased security costs prior to Secret Service protection.

If he were even half decent at fund raising he would have had all the Pauls and general campaign grifters crying tears of envy. Imagine a billion dollars being funneled through his organization.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Vox Nihili posted:

Apparently a lot of the self-funding was actually loans to himself so he's trying to refill the coffers :laffo:

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

And this is why I love Hillary.

It's not enough for her to win against republicans, she won't be happy until they've been completely eviscerated. :getin:

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Al! posted:

yeah that was my reaction, haha

I couldn't believe it! 2.4 million dollars!? Donald Trump's campaign could be in bankruptcy before October. Much sooner, even.

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx
September 12th, 2001... ah, those were the days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord
:abuela:

• Locked thread