Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

Starshark posted:

I've got soooooooo many choices this election.

CONROY Pat Labor
BARRIE Jenny Liberal
MacFADYEN Ivan The Greens
COX Morgan Christian Democratic Party (Fred Nile Group)

Who should I put last?

COX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tgent
Sep 6, 2011

Birdstrike posted:

pretty annoyed about labor preferencing CDP 2 Greens 3 in Reid

Really? Isn't that what labor were giving the greens poo poo for?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Unscathed posted:

Check out his glorious comic-sans-ridden curriculum vitae here: http://www.aussiestone.com/

That's quite an impressive education. Shame it's got a spelling mistake in the first line.

Ten Becquerels
Apr 17, 2012

My Little Tony: Leadership is Magic
I forgot I was in Julie Bishop's electorate (Curtin, WA) until this election season started and people put signs with her face on it all over the place.

ARCHIBALD, David - Australian Liberty Alliance (I had to look these guys up, their policies include 'stopping the islamisation of Australia', as well 'advancing the natural family')
GLANCE, Viv - Greens
CALLANAN, Melissa - Labor
BOULTER, Sandra - independent
BISHOP, Julie - LNP

Julie gets to go last, though it'll make gently caress all difference because Curtin is pretty safely Liberal, don't think there's been a non-Liberal MP here except for Allan Rocher, who was a Liberal then decided to go independent. Lots of old rich people in the area - Curtin encompasses a lot of the rich coastal suburbs plus Peppermint Grove, Mosman Park and the like.

Ten Becquerels fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jun 16, 2016

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Isn't Barnett's own electorate snuggly contained within Curtin too?

I can't think of many more hardcore Liberal heartlands outside of NSW..

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Ten Becquerels posted:

I forgot I was in Julie Bishop's electorate (Curtin, WA) until this election season started and people put signs with her face on it all over the place.

ARCHIBALD, David - Australian Liberty Alliance (I had to look these guys up, their policies include 'stopping the islamisation of Australia', as well 'advancing the natural family')
GLANCE, Viv - Greens
CALLANAN, Melissa - Labor
BOULTER, Sandra - independent
BISHOP, Julie - LNP

Julie gets to go last, though it'll make gently caress all difference because Curtin is pretty safely Liberal, don't think there's been a non-Liberal MP here except for Allan Rocher, who was a Liberal then decided to go independent. Lots of old rich people in the area - Curtin encompasses a lot of the rich coastal suburbs plus Peppermint Grove, Mosman Park and the like.

yeah, im in here as well, by literally 1 road, in two directions. Im about 50m from the upper left hand corner of the electorate.

Ten Becquerels
Apr 17, 2012

Colin's the state member for Cottesloe, so yep. I'm in the Scarborough district, so I only get to put Liza Harvey last.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

pretty annoyed about labor preferencing CDP 2 Greens 3 in Reid

yo, I am in Reid we should hang out

Ten Becquerels
Apr 17, 2012

Frogmanv2 posted:

yeah, im in here as well, by literally 1 road, in two directions. Im about 50m from the upper left hand corner of the electorate.

I'm pretty close to the border as well, a little way down the street from Scarborough Beach Road. That corner store that had the owner protesting on the roof is right near my house. I had no idea he was there until after he got down.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Starshark posted:

I've got soooooooo many choices this election.

CONROY Pat Labor
BARRIE Jenny Liberal
MacFADYEN Ivan The Greens
COX Morgan Christian Democratic Party (Fred Nile Group)

Who should I put last?

Barrie

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Clown car journalism

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Ten Becquerels posted:

I'm pretty close to the border as well, a little way down the street from Scarborough Beach Road. That corner store that had the owner protesting on the roof is right near my house. I had no idea he was there until after he got down.

That dude was a champ.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Where are you guys getting your ballot orders from?

Anyway, this independent in my area was already hilarious since he'll be Makin a Difference (we're in Makin, you see) but now I see his picture in larger-than-postage-stamp format and he even has a delightful moustache and beard that will never meet combo!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

NXT's Makin candidate is a Chaplain. Hrm.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

The Age posted:

Outspoken Labor MP Michael Danby has angered the party after he defied the orders of the powerful national executive over preferences.
Mr Danby, an outspoken critic of the Greens, has been caught handing out how to vote cards that preference the Liberal candidate for Melbourne Ports ahead of the Greens.

Mr Danby has held the seat since 1996, his current margin is 3.6 per cent but in 2013 Greens preferences helped him hold off a Liberal surge.
He will again require the preferences of the Greens to win.
Labor's national executive made a special ruling that the Greens Stephanie Hodgins-May would be placed above the Liberals' Owen Guest in the seat after Mr Danby said he would put the Greens behind the Liberals.

Labor is preferencing progressive parties ahead of the Liberals across the country.
Senior officials are furious with the Mr Danby, with some sources saying defying the national executive was "as bad as running against an endorsed candidate."
Any disciplinary action is likely to occur after the election.
Mr Danby made comments earlier this year saying that the Greens should be placed below the Liberals but was slapped down by party officials who said they were in charge of preference deals.

The official how to vote card authorised by Victorian Labor secretary Noah Carroll preferences the Greens at 5 and the Liberals at 7.
But a card seen by Fairfax Media, with Mr Danby's authorisation on it, places Ms Hodgins-May at 7 and Mr Guest at 5.
The card was handed out by Mr Danby at an early voting booth.
Victorian Labor assistant state secretary Kosmos Samaras said "the party does not authorise the distribution of this how-to-vote card and we will be taking steps to ensure that this does not happen."
Larissa Brown, Victorian Greens state director Larissa Brown said it was disappointing that days after Labor said it would preference the Greens above the Liberals one of its MPs had told voters otherwise.
"We are disappointed that the Labor Party can't control MPs like Michael Danby who is running rogue and may risk a Liberal government," Ms Brown said.
"It's no surprise that Michael Danby would welch on the ALP's word as he is much closer to the conservatives than the progressive side of politics. The question for the ALP now is whether it will allow Michael Danby to continue to run rogue and make a mockery of their public commitments."
The Liberals, who picked up more than 40 per cent of the primary vote in 2013, see the seat as an outside chance.
It is understood the strategy of state president Michael Kroger has been to convince Greens voters to send their preferences to the Liberals by pushing the idea that Malcolm Turnbull is better for them than Mr Danby, who has frequently criticised the party.
Comment has been sought from Mr Danby.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/federal-po...l#ixzz4Bip222mZ

It'll be interesting to see if the ALP just let this go (likely) or if they actually make an effort to censure him.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Where are you guys getting your ballot orders from?

Anyway, this independent in my area was already hilarious since he'll be Makin a Difference (we're in Makin, you see) but now I see his picture in larger-than-postage-stamp format and he even has a delightful moustache and beard that will never meet combo!

AEC website

http://www.aec.gov.au/election/wa/burt.htm - for WA Armadale / Cannington area, for example

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

1 HOWISON, Lyndal Labor Communications Manager

2 AUGUST, John Peter Pirate Party Australia IT Contractor

3 ALICK, Justin The Greens Humanitarian

4 WORSLEY, Julie Christian Democratic Party (Fred Nile Group) Retired

5 GORDON, Christopher The Arts Party Composer

6 ALEXANDER, John Liberal Member of Parliament

7 MULCARE, Martin Independent Business Adviser

Edit: John Peter, Pirate Party, picked a peck of pickled peppers.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

A fuckton of rumours saying Turdball will put Abbott in defence if re elected.

Lmao talk about a plan to lose the following election.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Anidav posted:

A fuckton of rumours saying Turdball will put Abbott in defence if re elected.

Lmao talk about a plan to lose the following election.

Watch Abbott start a loving war

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!
Denison

1 EXCELL, Amanda Christian Democratic Party (Fred Nile Group)

2 ALLAN, Marcus Liberal

3 AUSTIN, Jane Australian Labor Party

4 WILLIAMS, Wayne Democratic Labour Party (DLP)

5 WILKIE, Andrew Independent

6 BROWN, Jen The Greens

Whats a Democratic Labour Party and can they get away with DLP?

I'd imagine Wilkie has this.

Wrageowrapper fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jun 16, 2016

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Ah yes. Let us give him a chance to comment on Indonesia more

Says liberal experts

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Laserface posted:

yo, I am in Reid we should hang out

yeah probs

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
McEwen
1 MITCHELL, Rob Australian Labor Party
2 ANDERSON, James The Nationals
3 BARKER, Neil The Greens
4 JERMYN, Chris Liberal
5 LEE, Ross Independent
6 ANDREW, Tracey Australian Country Party
7 TRUSCOTT, Jeff Rise Up Australia Party
8 VAINA, Cathy Animal Justice Party
9 LONG, Dorothy Lorraine Family First Party

Not the worst.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Wrageowrapper posted:

Whats a Democratic Labour Party and can they get away with DLP?

I'd imagine Wilkie has this.

Mid 20th century anti-communist Labor party splitters.

oTHi
Feb 28, 2011

This post is brought to you by Molten Boron.
Nobody doesn't like Molten Boron!.
Lipstick Apathy
pre:
1	LEITH	              Douglas Ronald	        Animal Justice Party	                    Teacher
2	BAUER	              Stefanie	                The Greens	                            Case Manager
3	KROGER	              Helen	                Liberal	                                    Business Adviser
4	FOGGIE	              Nathan	                Family First Party	                    Car Sales Executive
5	JARVIS-WILLS          Jill	                Renewable Energy Party	                    Dental Nurse
6	HILL	              Julian	                Australian Labor Party	                    Not employed
7	RONCAN	              Alan	                Drug Law Reform	                            Retired

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Mid 20th century anti-communist Labor party splitters.

Well if they are anti-communist then what is the bloody point?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Greens reversed their decision to preference Fred Nile candidate above Lib candidate.

I'm glad this happened, honestly preferences should be directed to the least reprehensible and I don't like seeing the Greens doing otherwise even to "make a statement".

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Wrageowrapper posted:

Well if they are anti-communist then what is the bloody point?
:shrug:

They like the Catholic part of the Labor party, but don't like the labour part.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Who was AusPols token DLP supporter who ran away because people were asking him uncomfortable questions about abortion?

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

https://twitter.com/markdistef/status/743306886720552961

https://twitter.com/markdistef/status/743307328397545472

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Candidates for La Trobe in Victoria:

1 CUMMINGS, Tom The Greens

2 FOLLONI, Leah Animal Justice Party

3 DOIDGE, Julieanne Lynette Derryn Hinch's Justice Party

4 CURTIS, Simon Australian Labor Party

5 HUGHES, Leslie Liberal Democrats

6 QUINN, Margaret Rise Up Australia Party

7 WOOD, Jason Liberal (current Federal member)

8 FENT, David Shooters, Fishers and Farmers

9 LEAHY, Martin Australian Sex Party

10 BARTRAM, Jeffrey Family First Party

Greens first, Family First last :)

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
https://whatlaborreallythinks.com.au

This is an anti-labor ad. lol.

libs: We are literal monsters!

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Don Dongington posted:

It'll be interesting to see if the ALP just let this go (likely) or if they actually make an effort to censure him.

The Greens have known this was coming since he announced it (in Sydney) on Thursday, but it's good to finally see it get a bit of traction.

This will... impact things, significantly. Chances are pretty high the seat will change hands, because Danby is unpopular in all but a small section of the electorate, but this choice could possibly give it to the Liberals who are even less popular.

EDIT: And that is of course ignoring any possible repercussions that could come his way from Labor. My guess is he'd be disendorsed as a candidate if he loses his seat, especially if this means he loses his seat to the Liberals.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jun 16, 2016

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
So wait, How does Fred Nile's wife get to run for Senate in Tasmania when she doesn't live in the state?

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

1 O'BRIEN, Rebecca Marriage Equality

2 TREGEAR, Jessica Derryn Hinch's Justice Party

3 O'DWYER, Kelly Liberal

4 BALL, Jason The Greens

5 KENNEDY, Robert Liberal Democrats

6 KATTER, Carl Australian Labor Party

7 BASSETT, Nancy Nick Xenophon Team

8 GULLONE, Eleonora Animal Justice Party

I have no idea what Derryn Hinch's mob is all about, I'm guessing some dumb poo poo about being TOUGH ON CRIME and mandatory sentencing and ~~~community expectations~~~

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Family First with their plan to raise taxes for low income earners.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Bob Day's Glasgow Smile

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
House of Representatives candidates for the electoral division of McMahon

1 O'NEILL, Astrid The Greens
2 WATERSON, Victor Australia First Party
3 BOWEN, Chris Labor
4 SHAMASHA, Fadhel Independent
5 MAKSIMOVIC, Milan Christian Democratic Party (Fred Nile Group)
6 BILIC, George Liberal

Literally the worst

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
As a Fellow Makin, can MysticalMachineGun give me a candidate run down?

Also, any before the election goon meets planned?

I'm asking this because my browser says that the AEC website is insecured, and who am I to doubt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Senor Tron posted:

Family First with their plan to raise taxes for low income earners.

Wait, corporations aren't people in 'Straya?

• Locked thread