Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I tried playing zenyatta tonight, he really needs more health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Night Blade posted:

Tonight feels really, really bad.

I pretty much lost most of my games tonight, but I'm happy with how I played tonight. It's really frustrating doing well, but getting dismantled because the game puts you against stacks constantly and your teammates, while fine can't hold a candle to a coordinated effort.

Then there are games where your Roadhog runs face first into the enemy the entire game, and your Genji just flails around uselessly.

Teams don't change game after game, and team scramble is disabled when groups are playing together against pubs: where it's needed the most.

Yeah, I've had my fair streak of those games. I try to keep a non-poo poo attitude but when I'm on my 6th depressing match I'll talk poo poo on general chat so maybe someone tries to prove me wrong.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
Funny how you join a game in progress and lose like a minute later it counts as a loss.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
A team of five Zaryas and a Lucio is really hard to stop. Attacking them only makes them angrier.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

I feel like Pharah is the new flavor of the month. I keep seeing double Pharah in every other game.

Funny, couple weeks ago some one was wondering why there are suddenly Zenyattas everywhere. It's because on Reddit's Overwatch sub, there's a pinned "weekly discussion" thread that just changed to Pharah. It's kind of like there's a shitload of people who have no free will of their own, they just go where they are directed towards like some kind of lemmings. "How awesome, today I learned there's this hero called Pharah that can shoot rockets and poo poo, thanks to the Reddit thread I now even know what her abilities are" :allears:

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

They need to put in a character or something that can get rid of ultimates.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFIp3K6fNHI

Looks like Overwatch has some competition.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Theta Zero posted:

This is amazing.

I like how knockoff tracer has a neon punk do and a bare midriff.

And how knockoff Pharah appears to be a guy from Final Fantasy.

But Widowmaker is exactly the same.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Golem II posted:

That sounds terrible. You're terrible.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Golem II posted:

It's called Mei.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Theta Zero posted:

These all need to become skins.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Elpato posted:

I love Torb turrets. Free weapon charge for Zarya. It's the one damage source that won't quit when you pop your bubble.

Also, I like Roadhog on defense more and more. The Widow and Mcree nerfs were a blow to a couple of his natural predators. I know the general opinion of this thread is that he is a punching bag for the enemy to charge their ults on, but the hook+shotgun+melee combo can get rid of all sorts of troubles. He's one of the few characters with a predictable stun and displacement, good for disrupting game-changing ults like Reaper's, Genji's, and Phara's Qs. The self-sustain is pretty awesome too especially if you happen to solo-queue.

On offense I'd rather have Reinhardt unless my Hog is paired with Zarya.

I had a really weird Roadhog night. I was landing my hook better than ever, including waiting to use it until I had closed distance to be sure to get the stun duration. But over and over and over again, enemies were escaping without dying. I had a Mercy who I hooked+M1, she lives and starts flying off, I turn and chase her, hook her again, and the same thing happened! Apparently I'm a terrible hog.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Papercut posted:

I had a really weird Roadhog night. I was landing my hook better than ever, including waiting to use it until I had closed distance to be sure to get the stun duration. But over and over and over again, enemies were escaping without dying. I had a Mercy who I hooked+M1, she lives and starts flying off, I turn and chase her, hook her again, and the same thing happened! Apparently I'm a terrible hog.

Gotta follow that M1 up with a melee hit to get the full effect. I was whiffing a bunch of those combos earlier tonight because I was trying to hit both M1 and M4 (melee) at the same time and it was only shooting. I had this moment of ashamed stupidity where I was wondering if there was truth to the whole "Well Actually I'm not bad, it's a tickrate issue" thing but then I saw the melee wasn't even happening visually because I wasn't hitting the buttons separately.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

FAUXTON posted:

Gotta follow that M1 up with a melee hit to get the full effect. I was whiffing a bunch of those combos earlier tonight because I was trying to hit both M1 and M4 (melee) at the same time and it was only shooting. I had this moment of ashamed stupidity where I was wondering if there was truth to the whole "Well Actually I'm not bad, it's a tickrate issue" thing but then I saw the melee wasn't even happening visually because I wasn't hitting the buttons separately.

Definitely could've been that. I just gotta get good.

Play of the night was definitely this Lucio teammate on the Lijiang map with the square temple capture point. Two Reapers teleport behind the point, he doots one off but the other wraith forms to get away, he follows him and doots him off as soon as he rematerialized. I love all 3 of the Lijiang maps.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I got accused of hacking as Hanzo today and now the guy made an official forums thread about it. He thinks I had an unnaturally quick ult buildup despite his team cramming giant walls of easily shot flesh into choke points.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I got accused of hacking as Hanzo today and now the guy made an official forums thread about it. He thinks I had an unnaturally quick ult buildup despite his team cramming giant walls of easily shot flesh into choke points.

Hanzo is just the victim of being able to instantly do a metric buttload of damage and also having a really apparent Ultimate. It's easy to think he's getting them unnaturally fast; same thing with Mercy but for different reasons.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Theta Zero posted:

Hanzo is just the victim of being able to instantly do a metric buttload of damage and also having a really apparent Ultimate. It's easy to think he's getting them unnaturally fast; same thing with Mercy but for different reasons.

Yeah. The whole thread now is just a zillion other people saying "Y'know I saw a weird thing too" and it's people fundamentally not understanding how stuff works.

"idgi I saw a Symmetra build meter fast once?! mods?!"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Theta Zero posted:

Also it looks really funny when you pull off a stupidly improbable snapshot through sheer luck because they're going to see it on the death cam and it will undoubtedly look like the highest degree of bullshit.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

FAUXTON posted:

Also it looks really funny when you pull off a stupidly improbable snapshot through sheer luck because they're going to see it on the death cam and it will undoubtedly look like the highest degree of bullshit.

Speaking of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsGbLiCVyPU

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Yeah. The whole thread now is just a zillion other people saying "Y'know I saw a weird thing too" and it's people fundamentally not understanding how stuff works.

"idgi I saw a Symmetra build meter fast once?! mods?!"

care to send a link to the thread? i'd like to contribute

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
I get salty when Hanzo kills me too.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

So... gently caress Hanzo. Nerf him into the dirt!

Really good Hanzo players are the worst. Much like Widowmakers. Look I just really hate snipers of all kinds and believe they should gently caress off forever.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Nurel posted:

care to send a link to the thread? i'd like to contribute

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745076044?page=1

He cooled off after the initial haccusations so instead of "THIS GUY SHOE IS A FUCKIN HACKER" like he was shouting in game the thread is like "convince me this guy is a hacker and I'm not just bad"

On page 3 I share a link to a highlight from the game in question

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
got paired against jkw, shake, and nicolasTJO from Gale Force eSports earlier, won because they decided to gimmick the whole game as hanzos until one of them went widow (still won stopwatch~). fuel for the competitive flame. youre next, c9!!

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Spudd posted:

So... gently caress Hanzo. Nerf him into the dirt!

Really good Hanzo players are the worst. Much like Widowmakers. Look I just really hate snipers of all kinds and believe they should gently caress off forever.

Hanzos that shoot a scatter arrow at your feet and one shot you. :salt:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The only really bad thing about Hanzo is that he doesn't actually need to hit you to hit you, the arrow just needs to be aimed within a metre of you and it registers as a hit.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

NTRabbit posted:

The only really bad thing about Hanzo is that he doesn't actually need to hit you to hit you, the arrow just needs to be aimed within a metre of you and it registers as a hit.

That's all Hanzo has going for him though. He's the pubbie king of potshots. He might as well not exist if you take the ridiculous hitboxes away.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
"Man, the Huntsman has really small hitboxes. We should fix that."

- Blizzard devs playing TF2

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
how is Roadhog's hook any less frustrating than McCree's flash?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Zorodius posted:

how is Roadhog's hook any less frustrating than McCree's flash?

It isn't, but at least it takes a tiny bit more effort to aim.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
I've discovered that role playing as zenyatta in pubby chat while playing him is good loving times. Just all caps his quotes and your team loves you and gives you up votes while the enemy gets real loving lovely about it

Also, I love that all the mcrees are gone now. The ones left are still poo poo or didn't get the memo.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Donnerberg posted:

That's all Hanzo has going for him though. He's the pubbie king of potshots. He might as well not exist if you take the ridiculous hitboxes away.

Yeah, dying to Hanzo sucks but he's already not great in the hands of the majority of players and taking away even that advantage would make him an almost complete waste of space.

Those rare few good Hanzos are a menace though, in one of my games earlier a guy got PotG with him by standing in the middle of the street in one of the Ilios maps and headshotting three people with three arrows at completely different ranges. No potshots or Scatter Arrow toe shots, just insanely good timing and aim.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Golem II posted:

I tried playing zenyatta tonight, he really needs more health.

I've seen two possibilities suggested both here and elsewhere that could possibly work; raise his health by 25 to 50 points, or make his non shield health into armor instead, considering that unlike Lucio or Mercy he can't self heal I think this wouldn't be unreasonable

Also had a possible idea or two regarding his orbs; give him a slight speed boost when he harmony orbs a teammate(say 10 to 15%), and/or give him a life steal effect on his discord orb(say about 10 percent of all damage taken by a discorded opponent)

NoDamage
Dec 2, 2000
The Widow changes seem pretty good so far. I'm noticing that most of the time when I get hit, it's with a non-lethal body shot so I can duck under cover and heal back up. Makes it possible to actually use cover to push forward past corridors that used to be locked down with a single sniper. Not sure what it's like at higher levels where all the snipers can actually land headshots though...

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

It's easier to spot when you've been body shot now, which makes it easier to figure out which Widows you should be watching intently on deathcam for the telltale snap-tos, because lol like the botters ever hit anything but the head.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

McRae changes you see but I don't see any difference to widow

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Zenyatta actually heals 66% of his health. His self heal is not as good as Mercy's and Lucio's but his orbs are stronk

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Rheinhardt is cool and good. A goodrheinhardt will add as much value to a team as a good healer. He nullifies a lot of dps classes plans

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I have 1500 unused credits and no more legendary skins I really want. Any suggestions on what to use it on? I mostly play Tracer, Reinhardt, Zenyatta, Symmetra and Junkrat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Golem II posted:

McRae changes you see but I don't see any difference to widow

The only difference is that Widows on defence spend less time moving around, and more time locked into scope, which has made no change at all to their ability to dominate lanes and chokepoints, and all the kills mean the ult builds just as fast anyway.