Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted
Actually, the role of Cheeto Jesus will be played tonight by Glenn Beck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted

Josh Marshall posted:

It's not just that Trump isn't doing well. He's barely even running a campaign. He's spent last six weeks in erratic barrage of self inflicted wounds and petulant attacks on necessary allies. Any other candidate wld be fleshing out team, developing campaign themes, stockpiling money. Maybe well or not well. But almost every day since Trump clinched has been a surreal tour through his damaged psyche. It wld be like a football game where one team isn't even taking the field because the QB is on the sideline knifing his teammates. The daily particulars are so mesmerizing you have to step back to see that Trump isn't even running a campaign.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Dogstoyevsky posted:

It's not just that Trump isn't doing well. He's barely even running a campaign. He's spent last six weeks in erratic barrage of self inflicted wounds and petulant attacks on necessary allies. Any other candidate wld be fleshing out team, developing campaign themes, stockpiling money. Maybe well or not well. But almost every day since Trump clinched has been a surreal tour through his damaged psyche. It wld be like a football game where one team isn't even taking the field because the QB is on the sideline knifing his teammates. The daily particulars are so mesmerizing you have to step back to see that Trump isn't even running a campaign.

This is magical - and echos Joementum's point.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

There should be another toxx thread for whether or not Trump even makes it to Election Day.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

At this point I think it's a question of whether they let him through the convention.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

please no more winning

i wonder when/if the "stop attacking republicans" switch will be flipped.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

The Ninth Layer posted:

At this point I think it's a question of whether they let him through the convention.

The Republican Nominee market is stting at 90%, Hillary 93% (and some of that is the She'll get indicted!!! stuff).. so yeah open question.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

This should be run by Milo Yiffopotamus if his twitter account isn't still loving suspended.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

FAUXTON posted:

This should be run by Milo Yiffopotamus if his twitter account isn't still loving suspended.

They gave it back quickly since Twitter is run by cowards

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

The Ninth Layer posted:

can't believe there's still any chance I'll survive my stupid "he'll get ratfucked by cruz delegates at the convention" toxx from months ago

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
The idea that any of the generic republicans would have beaten Hillary is pretty suspect.

Kasich has one of the most damning records on abortion in America. Hillary would have painted a picture of him that makes A Handmaiden's Tale seem like a happy Disney movie.

Rubio spent the entire campaign proving he has no political acumen and really has no place under a spotlight.

Bush could have a billion dollar campaign war chest and he would have still pissed it away by doing GE ads where he hugs his brother and praises his mommy.

Ted Cruz literally looks like if he opened his mouth a forked tongue will flicker forth, and he is absolutely incapable of resisting the religious hill to die on. His response to the Orlando shooting would be sadness that they are all burning eternally and he hopes that is a lesson to the rest of them.

Meanwhile, Hillary would be running the same decent campaign she is currently running with the same favorable demographics and the same all star surroget team.

Trump was quite honestly the best campaigner among them.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Generic Republican would have easily defeated Hillary, there is no doubt. Kasich, Rubio, hell even Bush. She lucked into the Republicans fielding the worst candidate probably ever.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Generic Republican would have easily defeated Hillary, there is no doubt. Kasich, Rubio, hell even Bush. She lucked into the Republicans fielding the worst candidate probably ever.

I'm almost starting to believe it wasn't luck

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Who wants to read 231 pages of what the DNC thinks of trump

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-15/hacker-who-breached-democratic-national-committee-server-posts-confidential-trump-hi

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

The next season of Danger 5 looks dope.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

crazy cloud posted:

I went back and couldnt find the source but it was right after the Trump lady got egged in the face

not that people should be throwing eggs at one another but fash mouth eat the eggs

Mess with the bird, you get the eggs.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Oiled and Ready posted:

Milo probably isn't even CLOSE to his ceiling. His speech may have even turned one of my gay friends if he hadn't dragged Gavin fookin' McInnis there to be grossly offensive in a way that is without any of the charm of Milo's bombast.

Milo came to America an unknown, immediately used Gamergate as a launchpad, has been doing a sicknasty job of whipping up publicity via chaos for Trump's entire campaign and just today gave a speech outside Pulse while also having his face on Drudge Report this morning for his twitter ban.

He weaves in just a sprinkling of Christianity to calm the older anti-gay viewers. He is able to make the argument "liberals are the real racists", a pretty difficult argument to make, better than anyone else.

It takes a real rear end in a top hat to have the power to drive a stake into social conservatism with both hands. I expect through the course of this election, the millenials that are pro-corporatist activists that jack off to the evangelical base will find themselves with Johnson or Hillary by November, and I don't know if they'll ever come back.

Milo is, unequivocally, a loving monster. I am glad you included that final paragraph.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Not a Step posted:

Im phone posting and very lazy, but the Supremes already ruled that the 'well ordered militia' clause did not represent a barrier to gun ownership.

Also the constitution reserves all powers not specifically given to the feds to the states, and there is no expiration date. The feds have expanded power mainly through very generous interpretations of some of their explocitly given powers, notably the commerce clause.

Many of the framers hated the idea of a strong central government and intentionally sabotaged the feds.

that's a whole lot of bullshit. the framers created a stronger federal government. the anti federalists lost remember? we have a federal constitution that has been interpreted in an anti-federalist manner for way too long.

reserved powers are not exclusive to states it just means that the state governments have first dibs because the point of federalism is local solutions where possible and national solutions where necessary

also the supremes can eat poo poo

peace

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Generic Republican, maybe, but not any of the candidates in this primary.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Jayisspecial posted:

The idea that any of the generic republicans would have beaten Hillary is pretty suspect.

Kasich has one of the most damning records on abortion in America. Hillary would have painted a picture of him that makes A Handmaiden's Tale seem like a happy Disney movie.

Rubio spent the entire campaign proving he has no political acumen and really has no place under a spotlight.

Bush could have a billion dollar campaign war chest and he would have still pissed it away by doing GE ads where he hugs his brother and praises his mommy.

Ted Cruz literally looks like if he opened his mouth a forked tongue will flicker forth, and he is absolutely incapable of resisting the religious hill to die on. His response to the Orlando shooting would be sadness that they are all burning eternally and he hopes that is a lesson to the rest of them.

Meanwhile, Hillary would be running the same decent campaign she is currently running with the same favorable demographics and the same all star surroget team.

Trump was quite honestly the best campaigner among them.

Cruz: "I regret that so many homosexual humans died before my normal human children could be implanted into them and burst from their chests in a normal human manner."

Nien
Apr 29, 2013

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Milo is, unequivocally, a loving monster. I am glad you included that final paragraph.

Why do you let the gay tory brit trouble you so? Anywhere else he'd be the mouthy guy at the trendy bar who gets few laughs. In America he breaks the internet.

:shrug:

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

Oiled and Ready posted:

Milo probably isn't even CLOSE to his ceiling. His speech may have even turned one of my gay friends if he hadn't dragged Gavin fookin' McInnis there to be grossly offensive in a way that is without any of the charm of Milo's bombast.
this might have worked better if he had turned left before saying all lesbos just need a dick and trans people need to be bullied out of their mental illness

also unban my fellow dutch trumpite you retard mods we are the only ones who can tell you how the islamification of europe is going (very well no complaints)

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Nien posted:

Why do you let the gay tory brit trouble you so? Anywhere else he'd be the mouthy guy at the trendy bar who gets few laughs. In America he breaks the internet.

:shrug:

american inferiority complex towards british dudes with ample vocabulary.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Christie's office denies claim he is Trump's 'manservant'

Gov. Chris Christie, who has fashioned himself as a "confidante" of Donald Trump, serves as more of an assistant, according to a report.

MaxNV
Jan 3, 2011

Christie's just playing the long game. By establishing himself as the main conveyance for Trump's food source he's in the best position to slip him the poison. The only question is if he'll put it in the Big Mac or the Coke.

Edit: Also do they not realize that it's still hilarious/awful that a sitting governor has taken up what is essentially an intern role?

MaxNV fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Jun 16, 2016

Coatlicue
Sep 14, 2012

it doesn't matter
how fast or how far,
you're still runnin' like a fool
There are 32 days until the Republican Convention.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/politico/status/743401515411509248

quote:

John Kasich is in agony over his decision last year to support the Republican nominee and the reality that Donald Trump is his party's presumptive nominee.

"You know, it's painful. It's painful. You know, people even get divorces, you know? I mean, sometimes, things come out that, look, I'm sorry that this has happened," the Ohio governor said in an interview aired Thursday on MSNBC's "Morning Joe." "But we'll see where it ends up. I'm not making any final decision yet, but at this point, I just can't do it."

Asked by host Joe Scarborough whether he would recommend to House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) that they "think long and hard" about their support of Trump, Kasich replied, "You know politics. They don't care what I think."

"I would say that I think Paul Ryan is definitely torn. I mean, he's also the leader of the House. There's this thing called Republican loyalty. I've been a Republican all my life, how do you think I feel about this?" Kasich asked. "I'm the Republican governor of Ohio. It's difficult."

Whether Ryan should back off his support of Trump is "up to him," Kasich said, declining to speculate on what he would do in the Wisconsin Republican's position.

"I know as governor of Ohio, with some people who pound on me, I said I'm not prepared to do it and he's going to have to change," Kasich said, about a week after telling Fox News that it is "hard to say" whether he would support Trump at next month's Republican National Convention in Cleveland.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

This is magical - and echos Joementum's point.

It's fun as hell and very entertaining

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

prefect posted:

I have to keep googling these sentences just to double check they are actual news headlines relating the the United States Presidential Election, in the year 2016. Yep, this actually happened.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

mrmcd posted:

I have to keep googling these sentences just to double check they are actual news headlines relating the the United States Presidential Election, in the year 2016. Yep, this actually happened.

The whole thing casts further doubt on what "actually happened" means, and whether this is all just the computer that the version of the simulation we are in having a cpu cooling problem and starting to render garbled output.

Nien
Apr 29, 2013

prefect posted:

Gov. Chris Christie, who has fashioned himself as a "confidante" of Donald Trump, serves as more of an assistant, according to a report.

I had to think back to how big a deal it was when Blair's office 'denied' that he had hosed Wendy Deng to realise that denying something is actually a big thing with journalists.

Nien
Apr 29, 2013

crazy cloud posted:

The whole thing casts further doubt on what "actually happened" means, and whether this is all just the computer that the version of the simulation we are in having a cpu cooling problem and starting to render garbled output.

I've said it before, the grad students running the simulation we are in have got drunk on a Friday night. Explains everything.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

This is like when that drone wrote a suicide note but real

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Nien posted:

I had to think back to how big a deal it was when Blair's office 'denied' that he had hosed Wendy Deng to realise that denying something is actually a big thing with journalists.

"Nothing indicts like a denial."

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Lemming posted:

Generic Republican, maybe, but not any of the candidates in this primary.

John Kasich is the definition of generic republican, and even he couldn't beat Hillary this year. To be fair, he would have gotten alot closer than anyone else and delivered Ohio, but there's no prize for just barely losing.

Trump is the wildcard, 6 months ago I would have said he might win or he might lose by 300 EVs, now if Arizona, Utah and Kansas are polling within a few points I'm leaning towards the latter.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the utter dissolution of chris christie's hopes and dreams might be the high point of this election for me, i hated that bloated gently caress from day one

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
What's the next step in the Trump grift? Trump News?

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/06/donald-trump-tv-network

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Oxxidation posted:

the utter dissolution of chris christie's hopes and dreams might be the high point of this election for me, i hated that bloated gently caress from day one

I hope that the shitpile of republican hopefuls in this election end up that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
EverythingIsFine.jpg

https://twitter.com/politico/status/743418584144154624?s=09

• Locked thread