Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MeatwadIsGod posted:

It's odd that movement while walking is so stiff and slow. Having a run button is just so dated. Push the analog stick slightly to walk, slightly more to jog, all the way to sprint. And combat is like a slackjawed imitation of Rocksteady. I just wanted a fun pirate game, and it seems like this will work. The environments are quite pretty and the historical grounding is pretty solid.

You can hold block and keep dozens of enemies at bay automatically while your health comes back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Black Flag is a different game once out on the ocean though. If I had to grade it, I'd say one if by land, two if by sea.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Hmmm, an hour in and Dragon Age Inquisition is underwhelming. I hope I am more whelmed by hour 5 or I'm done and regret my £9.49 spent. :colbert:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

BadAstronaut posted:

Hmmm, an hour in and Dragon Age Inquisition is underwhelming. I hope I am more whelmed by hour 5 or I'm done and regret my £9.49 spent. :colbert:

I would say "try and only do story relevant stuff" but i don't even think you have access to bear rear end collecting within the first hour. I wasn't very whelmed by it either though.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

BadAstronaut posted:

The best piece of advice you can get is to not feel like you have to do everything in the first area before you move on. You'll exhaust yourself trying to accomplish all the sidequests and things.

That being said, in a post-Witcher 3 world, I'm not sure how much it holds up.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
So Oxenfree is loving terrific.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

So Oxenfree is loving terrific.

What is it?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

A twee adventure game with weird supernatural jazz going on.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

BadAstronaut posted:

I felt much more whelmed when I stopped trying to do everything in the first area before leaving and did more story stuff.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Yes EA I'll buy the Battlefields when I can get them both with one euro which is couple EA sales and about a month away.

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

I used to like Ninja Warrior/Sasuke but the guy who narrated the UK version got arrested for being a pedophile so I can't watch it anymore

Are you accusing Chris Kamara of paedophillia or have I missed something?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Weavered posted:

Are you accusing Chris Kamara of paedophillia or have I missed something?

Stuart Hall used to do it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is all the battlefield DLC still free or did I miss that? This will determine my purchasing of bf or not

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
Is Ray Man Legends legit good?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Castor Poe posted:

Good argument for Best 2d platformer in this millenium

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 365 days!

Castor Poe posted:

It's a wonderful and incredibly charming game and I say this as someone who mostly hates platformers

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is all the battlefield DLC still free or did I miss that? This will determine my purchasing of bf or not

You missed some map packs but they are making more free.

Honestly I've played them all, most of the good stuff is the vanilla maps anyway.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Castor Poe posted:

Only if you like fun

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Castor Poe posted:

Imagine a really bad game. Now take everything that makes that game bad and replace it with stuff that would make that game the best. The game you just made is Rayman Legends. Then you do your first music level and your face melts from how much fun you are having.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Castor Poe posted:

It's honestly the best 2D platformer of the generation, with the only real contender to that being Rayman Origins.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 365 days!
The only downside to ray ban legends is the creeping guilt and angst you'll develop when you finish a level and didnt rescue all the little guys that go "Help me! Ohhh!" and the failed rescues begin to mount up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think Mario Maker is the best 2D platformer of the generation

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I think Mario Maker is the best 2D platformer of the generation

This is fair. Its an infinitely diverse platform with a huge creative base.

As a one time content drop tho rayman beats nearly every game ever. Theres so loving much of it!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Real hurthling! posted:

Good argument for Best 2d platformer in this millenium

DK Tropical Freeze is a very close contender but yeah it's extremely good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah Rayman is aces. I wish there was a game of nothing but music levels.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Glad I've not yet played Witcher 3 if it's not good to come back to DAI afterwards...

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

BadAstronaut posted:

Glad I've not yet played Witcher 3 if it's not good to come back to DAI afterwards...

I really loved Dragon Age Inquistion and am planning on purchasing the dlc at some point to do a second playthrough but still, same

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

BadAstronaut posted:

If it helps, I played some DAI again after Witcher 3 going into it knowing it's a Dragon Age game and not a Witcher game. My big complaint about both is just how much content there is and how large their worlds are. I also can't take DA games too seriously, especially after 2.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Agrias120 posted:

Imagine a really bad game. Now take everything that makes that game bad and replace it with stuff that would make that game the best. The game you just made is Rayman Legends. Then you do your first music level and your face melts from how much fun you are having.

B-but... Ubisoft...

(Rayman Legends is super good)

tenderjerk posted:

The only downside to ray ban legends is the creeping guilt and angst you'll develop when you finish a level and didnt rescue all the little guys that go "Help me! Ohhh!" and the failed rescues begin to mount up

This is actually a legitimate complaint -- this game is a completionist's nightmare. Unless you're an absolute masochist, then it's a really really long wet dream.

enojy fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jun 16, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ubi art is ubisoft's silver lining

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

I'm some kind of elven archer. Gimme some tips and advice to make the most of this one and only play through of DAI that I may or may not complete.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

To anyone who got either of the battlefield games in the sale: PM me and I'll add ya on PSN

Faux Mulder
Aug 1, 2014

just gonna do whatever I want to do, all the time

BadAstronaut posted:

I'm some kind of elven archer. Gimme some tips and advice to make the most of this one and only play through of DAI that I may or may not complete.

bang Iron Bull

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
I bought Arkham knight, I know its not supposed to be good as Arkham City, and the DLC isn't worth the original asking price, but I am hoping its worth the sale price. Considering I almost spent this much a few months back on the base game it should be. Since this isn't the PC version, and I liked all the other Arkham games, I think i should like it.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Shnag posted:

I bought Arkham knight, I know its not supposed to be good as Arkham City, and the DLC isn't worth the original asking price, but I am hoping its worth the sale price. Considering I almost spent this much a few months back on the base game. Since this isn't the PC version, and I liked all the other Arkham games, I think i should like it.

I didn't play anything since Asylum(except a tiny bit of City which I hated the open world crap) and I liked Knight for the pricing error I got it for. It's got some silly poo poo in it but I wasn't burned out on Batman like I think a lot of people were. Still think Asylum is the best.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
You guys weren't kidding, Rayman Legends is dope as gently caress. Whoever designed the Black Betty level deserves a raise.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Castor Poe posted:

You guys weren't kidding, Rayman Legends is dope as gently caress. Whoever designed the Black Betty level deserves a raise.

just wait until the final world. hehehe

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I hope we get an E3/Dad flash sale this weekend. It's what I could use to actually get to that $100

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Shnag posted:

I bought Arkham knight, I know its not supposed to be good as Arkham City, and the DLC isn't worth the original asking price, but I am hoping its worth the sale price. Considering I almost spent this much a few months back on the base game it should be. Since this isn't the PC version, and I liked all the other Arkham games, I think i should like it.

As a longtime fan of the series who had some Arkham fatigue, I still really enjoyed Knight. It shoehorns the Batmobile early on, but Pursuit mode is legitimately fun. The design for Gotham is perfect and the combat is still lots of fun. My biggest issues are with the side missions - some are repetitive and interminable while others are unique but brief. Launching yourself out of the Batmobile at top speed and divebombing from the tallest buildings in Gotham never gets old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

Castor Poe posted:

I think I felt genuine sadness when I finished the game. 100% the entire thing with my girlfriend and it was probably the best gaming experience I've ever had.

• Locked thread