Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Hey, I just found this tape today, anyone heard of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nicomo
Jan 22, 2015
I've been exploring the 80s hardcore bands lately.

And this is the greatest band in the world for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjxqM5lPUxo

RKL (Rich Kids on LSD). Incredible bass, drums, technical music yet retaining a fast paced punk energy.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.
Are all of the bad sounding parts the "technical music" aspect

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
Betrayed is a good song I guess but all the RKL songs sound the same

and :lol: at putting them above every other 80's hardcore band

Nicomo
Jan 22, 2015
All their albums sound totally different. And there's plenty of variation throughout, on the RnR Nightmare album there's all sorts of different rhythms and that. Oh well I love em to bits there you go.

What about Rites of Spring guys? The guitarist from Gorilla Biscuits formed this band, they released one album and it's meant to have had a huge influence on the whole 'emo' scene wateva the gently caress that is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf7mukqw3hQ

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Rites of Spring are great but did you think anyone in this thread was unaware of them?

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

Nicomo posted:

The guitarist from Gorilla Biscuits formed this band,

Are you confusing Rites of Spring with Quicksand or Rival Schools?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
New Descendents album coming July 29.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Nicomo posted:

I've been exploring the 80s hardcore bands lately.

And this is the greatest band in the world for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjxqM5lPUxo

RKL (Rich Kids on LSD). Incredible bass, drums, technical music yet retaining a fast paced punk energy.

Just what punk rock needed, technicality

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

First single out today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKt3chShFok

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
hard pass

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

Rites of Spring are great but did you think anyone in this thread was unaware of them?

I'm sure plenty of people who read this thread don't know them, but does it even matter? If people only posted stuff they thought no one heard, this thread would just become people posting youtube videos of the worst 7"s they have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoOLtFu05ZQ

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Toe Rag posted:

I'm sure plenty of people who read this thread don't know them,

I'm pretty sure anyone participating in a punk discussion thread is at least aware of them.

quote:

but does it even matter? If people only posted stuff they thought no one heard, this thread would just become people posting youtube videos of the worst 7"s they have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoOLtFu05ZQ

It was more the "hey did you guys know about this hugely influential band?" part that I'm questioning than the fact that you wanted to talk about them.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

I think it's just someone wanting to talk about punk in the punk thread. Can someone please post more thrice updates and get this thread back on track?? thanks

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Wrongs of Fall would be a bad name for a bad band.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
in case you haven't heard of em check out the get up kids.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Toe Rag posted:

I'm sure plenty of people who read this thread don't know them, but does it even matter? If people only posted stuff they thought no one heard, this thread would just become people posting youtube videos of the worst 7"s they have.

All my 7"s are amazing.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

fishmech posted:

Hey, I just found this tape today, anyone heard of it?

Looks like a homemade video compilation. I know you can see the cable access TV program, "Why Be Something You're Not" that was filmed in '83 in the storage room in Dearborn, MI on Youtube. Enjoy!

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
any toronto dudes seeing pkewx3 tonight

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Bloomberg Businessweek did an article about Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim.

quote:

"Wareheim grew up in the Philadelphia suburbs, where he liked high school less than playing a kind of music called screamo, which is emo but with screaming. It has few followers."

(I really want to hear this now.)

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What was the name of the band?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Bape Culture posted:

What was the name of the band?

No idea, that's the only info in the article about it.

A quick googling returned this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OibCrTmmwEU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Wareheim was also the principal songwriter for The Science Of and had been a member of Elements of Need, I Am Heaven, and briefly with the Vampire-themed punk band Ink & Dagger.

Haha neat.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
cool that the guy was in bands

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
I listened to A Man is Not a Camel for the first time in years today, I forgot how great that record actually is.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Saetia is getting a discography release and City of Caterpillar got their s/t pressed recently so maybe we will get an Indian Summer repress next?

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Unless this is sold out, there already is a discography for Indian Summer.

http://www.adagio830.de/release/20/

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I think that's sold out. I'd like to grab the saetia but shipping records to the uk sucks.

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer

StoneOfShame posted:

I listened to A Man is Not a Camel for the first time in years today, I forgot how great that record actually is.

Yeah I went on a big punk binge when it was my turn to drive on a recent road trip. Meet the family, man is not a camel and san souci all got trotted out. Had "I Went Out With A Hippy" stuck in my head for most of that holiday.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Keith Morris is going to be putting out an autobiography in late August.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jun 15, 2016

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

People are talking about buying Saetia records in TYOOL 2016. What?

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
buy mine please for the love of god

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
it would be cool to invite some budding screamo teen to look at my records and watch him cream his pants (thats my kink)

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
``check out my shelves upon shelves of poo poo i can't even sell for 5 dollars``

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I'll give you 5 dollars for all your creamo. Thx

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

stay depressed posted:

``check out my shelves upon shelves of poo poo i can't even sell for 5 dollars``

This is my life.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Hi punk thread.

I play bass in a band from Minneapolis, Minnesota. We are called The Right Here. It's twangy punk rock, like if Roger Miller and Merle Haggard went to shows at CBGB instead of hanging out in Nashville. We play a lot of punk shows, we all love punk music, and wrote this album called Stick To The Plan. Here's a link to the album on bandcamp, just gotta scroll down a bit to get to the whole album. It would be really cool to know what you all think about it.

Thanks, punk thread! :glomp:

edit: Here's the press release from Rum Bar Records (they're putting out the CD):

Rum Bar Records posted:

Straight out of (one of) those beloved Twin Cities, The Right Here has been doling out their rowdy brand of rock’n’roll since 2010.
Embracing a style similar, and kindred to beloved bands such as Lucero, Drag the River, Old 97’s, Avail, The Bottle Rockets, Red City Radio, and home town brothers The Replacements.

The Right Here debuted their first full length, All Herky Jerky, in 2012. Not long after, founding members Lewis Miller and Luke Lecheler
solidified the current lineup with the addition of drummer Ryan Haasch and bassist Adam Peterson.
They have since shared the stage with a variety of talent, including Tim Barry, Two Cow Garage, Nato Coles and the Blue Diamond Band, and Masked Intruder. The Right Here sees the fruits of their non-stop efforts paid off with the completion of their second full length, Stick To The Plan.

The Right Here have created their own sound that fits in perfectly with the current punk rock’n’roll scene that’s happening in Minneapolis right now. Songs including the thundering, foot stomping, barn burners “Judge Me When I’m Sober”, “Seattle, Breathe”, “If This Land Isn’t My Land” and lead off single & video “Leaving For A Reason” are the perfect combination of punk, blue collar rock, and alt-country that will make your music loving heart pitter-patter with excitement. Soak on up the somber, hauntingly, beautiful suds of “Drunk and Rolling Around” followed by the heart-felt stunner “Leaving for a Reason” and you will find yourself immersed in true, pure, rock and roll from the Heartland.

scuz fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jun 16, 2016

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014

stay depressed posted:

This makes me think of my Self Defense Family collection.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The Armed did a US tour under various pseudonyms and playing at totally out of the way places and here's the live album of it https://thearmed.bandcamp.com/album/unanticipated

The Armed are the best, gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
drat Converge's You Fail Me redux is great, the drums sound so much better than in the original mix