Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I saw this redneck anti-tobacco campaign advertised on Hulu today: https://www.facebook.com/DownandDirtyVA/

I'm impressed because it's really annoying and corny, but half the comments on that Facebook page are talking about how their grandpappy dipped for 80 years and didn't get no cancer. I didn't know there were so many people who just don't believe in cancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Well today is my birthday thought it would suck because I had to work but watched the other employee back his truck into a customers car and destroyed the driver side door. Came home to taco pie and chocolate cake. Good birthday all around.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Deeters posted:

I saw this redneck anti-tobacco campaign advertised on Hulu today: https://www.facebook.com/DownandDirtyVA/

I'm impressed because it's really annoying and corny, but half the comments on that Facebook page are talking about how their grandpappy dipped for 80 years and didn't get no cancer. I didn't know there were so many people who just don't believe in cancer.

So, that aunt I mentioned? The sister of my father in law?

She smokes some insane amount, like 3 packs a day. Maybe more. She has all sorts of lung trouble(emphysema, COPD, has to take oxygen at night...) and was recently screened for cancer and did a whole bunch of testing that, thankfully, came up negative. She refused to believe that the smoking is what caused it and that it could potentially (probably will) lead to cancer. And she is just one of many.

Had a job interview today that went amazingly. About 5 grand less than what I'd make elsewhere and no benefits (but a 200 dollar a month stipend towards healthcare). Also it's monthly pay, which is odd... But I want it. It's a lot less bullshit than public school, an environment where I can grow as a teacher, and somewhere that is healthier for me.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Deeters posted:

As much as cancer a scary people have pretty much given up. loving *everything* has a cancer warning these days.

I remember an episode of West wing, Donna was talking to the surgeon general and the line was like "something has been found to cause cancer in white mice, something else has been found to cause cancer in white mice, something else has been found to cause cancer in white mice. Have we checked if cancer is genetic in white mice?"

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Deeters posted:

I'm impressed because it's really annoying and corny, but half the comments on that Facebook page are talking about how their grandpappy dipped for 80 years and didn't get no cancer.

Are you really surprised? This is coming from the same lowest common denominator/low information demographic that believes climate change can't be possible because it still snows in places that are historically cold in the winter.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Welp, the last 24 have been fun. Last nights dinner got stuck in my esophagus and regular methods didn't work so I've been in the hospital since last night at 12. Had an endoscopy today, they removed the blockage but also noticed a rather large tear that is now stapled. I'm now sitting in a hospital room and finished eating dinner which is a clear liquid diet. I'll easily take this over having poo poo stuck in my esophagus though. The weird thing is my esophagus doesn't really hurt unless there is pressure on it from needing to burp, but my uvula is swollen and purple. The other cool thing is at least dude next to me is a pretty cool old millwright.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

That sucks dude, hope you recover quickly.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Time to reset your passwords if you've ever been a member of a VerticalScope owned car forum.

Details here: https://www.leakedsource.com/blog/verticalscope
Database search here: https://www.leakedsource.com

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

The yays: got the keys to my new place today

The not yays: the ac didn't work. They fixed it, but the thermometer on the thermostat was pegged at 90 (which is as high as it can go). The ac has been running for a few hours now, it's finally below 80. Bad capacitor on the outside unit, which is what I figured when I walked past it and heard an angry 60hz hum with nothing actually running.

The yays after that: I have one of a handful of units with a ceiling fan. That poor ceiling fan has now seen things that nobody needs to see; suffice to say, clothing is optional when it's 100 degrees inside.

The not yays after the yays after that: I left my regular glasses at mom's - so I can't run back to grab my air mattress or anything tonight (I wore my rx sunglasses to get here). So I guess I'm sleeping on the floor, but at least I have a pillow and some clothes (to serve as a sheet) in my car,

I grabbed some basic groceries, but all of my dishes have been in storage for 6 years. The dishwasher in this place is a trooper, I think I'm on load #5 or #6 now.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jun 16, 2016

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

the spyder posted:

Time to reset your passwords if you've ever been a member of a VerticalScope owned car forum.

Goddammit, vwvortex.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

the spyder posted:

HAHAHA, well I guess there's another reason why AI is the best

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

some texas redneck posted:

The not yays: the ac didn't work. They fixed it, but the thermometer on the thermostat was pegged at 90 (which is as high as it can go). The ac has been running for a few hours now, it's finally below 80. Bad capacitor on the outside unit, which is what I figured when I walked past it and heard an angry 60hz hum with nothing actually running.

The yays after that: I have one of a handful of units with a ceiling fan. That poor ceiling fan has now seen things that nobody needs to see; suffice to say, clothing is optional when it's 100 degrees inside.

The not yays after the yays after that: I left my regular glasses at mom's - so I can't run back to grab my air mattress or anything tonight (I wore my rx sunglasses to get here). So I guess I'm sleeping on the floor, but at least I have a pillow and some clothes (to serve as a sheet) in my car,

I grabbed some basic groceries, but all of my dishes have been in storage for 6 years. The dishwasher in this place is a trooper, I think I'm on load #5 or #6 now.

I'm happy for you, man. I really hope this place works out for you.

And I do not envy that fan...

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

HAHAHA, well I guess there's another reason why AI is the best

I'm honestly surprised the security of this site has remained mostly intact.

Also SubaruForester.ORG is owned by a big company?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
I finally am getting around to watching the new top gear. I had low expectations, but drat, this is forced and unfunny.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

That's awesome dude, I remember when life was sort of gunning for you so it's about time poo poo went your way again.

Pouring one out for the fan.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

CommieGIR posted:

Not even a week ago guy fell through the crust at the hot springs. Burned to death.

Not only burned to death but they gave up his body as unrecoverable.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
The toddler could have fought the gator off if only he had a SIG MCX.

Years ago at my old job my best buddy asked me to aquire Top Gear episodes for him so I did and watched some of them myself. I don't "get" Top Gear at all. On cool a dumb unfunny racist spouting off incorrect opinions about cars. Most VWvortex threads are more amusing. The part where C-list UK actors drive econoboxes on a track is the most interesting part because at least I don't have to listen to the hosts.

It's not a very interesting opinion but now you have it. :geno:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Liquid Communism posted:

More like BOILED to death, Jesus Christ :stare:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Liquid Communism posted:

Was there even a piece left to recover?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I'm sure there were some bones. Somewhere.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

I'm sure there were some bones. Somewhere.

Seems that bones will have also broken down into particles after a few days in boiling water (sounds like only requires 36 hours)

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

He's in a better place now (the atmosphere)

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

the spyder posted:

Why am I a member of 8thgencivic.com? :X

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

That book I mentioned earlier talks about how when people fall in and aren't recovered the spring just kind of burps away for a week or two as they body gets broken down, with the odd bit of clothing coming to the surface from time to time.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

the spyder posted:

I don't this dump has been added yet but I would suggest everyone sign up for notifications from https://haveibeenpwned.com/. They collect well-known breaches and notify users if their email appears in their breach. Not a catch all, doesn't have all breaches, just the majority of the well-known ones.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mariooncrack posted:

I don't this dump has been added yet but I would suggest everyone sign up for notifications from https://haveibeenpwned.com/. They collect well-known breaches and notify users if their email appears in their breach. Not a catch all, doesn't have all breaches, just the majority of the well-known ones.

I just checked that and it gave me a hit on my gmail account for tumblr. I have never had a tumblr account.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
I'm pretty sure the back deck on the house we're renting is about to fall apart. It's bowing and sagging worse than a 90 year old woman's tits. I called the real estate guy managing the rent for us about it (he collects the rent; the owners live halfway across the country) and he sent someone out the other day. Said it still looks sturdy and in good shape. A few hours ago, the gf went to use the steps on the deck and almost fell through when one of the dry-rotted boards snapped in half. Guess who's getting a not-so-nice call tomorrow?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

mariooncrack posted:

Searched my username, oh no I have a breach in Forbes!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

slidebite posted:

That book I mentioned earlier talks about how when people fall in and aren't recovered the spring just kind of burps away for a week or two as they body gets broken down, with the odd bit of clothing coming to the surface from time to time.

Yeah I started reading it last night, it's loving good as poo poo, thank you. Some guy fell in in the 60s and they got back "three pounds of flesh, bone and fabric" a week afterward. :supaburn:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

mariooncrack posted:

The guy who runs HIBP actually works to verify the breaches, which is awesome.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

slidebite posted:

Nature is awesome and beautiful.

And she'll cut a bitch.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Yeah I started reading it last night, it's loving good as poo poo, thank you. Some guy fell in in the 60s and they got back "three pounds of flesh, bone and fabric" a week afterward. :supaburn:
Glad you are enjoying it!

It also makes it painfully clear why you really, really shouldn't bring your dog to Yellowstone. If your little buddy somehow gets off leash (or if you're a lovely owner and don't have him on leash in the first place) and best friend sees a nice puddle to go splashing through, eeech, ends up about as well as you think. Or quite possibly worse than you think.

Losing the dog isn't the worst thing

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Shameless self-plug/cross-post from NMD incoming:

I play bass in a band from Minneapolis, Minnesota. We are called The Right Here. It's twangy punk rock, like if Roger Miller and Merle Haggard went to shows at CBGB instead of hanging out in Nashville. We play a lot of punk shows, we all love punk music, and wrote this album called Stick To The Plan. Here's a link to the album on bandcamp, just gotta scroll down a bit to get to the whole album. It would be really cool to know what you all think about it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Gonna go to the pick and pull to look for parts for an intercooler setup.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Has anyone driven the Ridge Route recently, or know anything about it?

I'm taking a road trip from Portland to San Diego in (presumably a shitbox) rental car and really want to drive it/see the sights in that segment.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

scuz posted:

I play bass in a band from Minneapolis, Minnesota. We are called The Right Here. It's twangy punk rock, like if Roger Miller and Merle Haggard went to shows at CBGB instead of hanging out in Nashville. We play a lot of punk shows, we all love punk music, and wrote this album called Stick To The Plan. Here's a link to the album on bandcamp, just gotta scroll down a bit to get to the whole album. It would be really cool to know what you all think about it.

From a quality/sound perspective, it sounds very decent, solid vocals and nothing really overpowering the other stuff. Not my style of music, so for me personally I wouldn't listen to it, but it's miles ahead of most "listen to my band" stuff I've ever actually listened to from the quality side.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

scuz posted:

Sounds like Uncle Tupelo.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Not my usual type of music, but I must admit I started the first song and switched to a different tab, and suddenly 20 minutes had gone by, so I guess it's pretty good.

2nd The Locator, production is definitely good.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Someone has shot and killed an MP in Yorkshire. This poo poo does not happen here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Maybe we'll leave the EU, plunge the entirety of the UK into poverty and get WW3 on the go before 2016's out. The gently caress is wrong with this year, man?

• Locked thread