Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Its not "TSM IS BENEFITING" it is that they set a different precedent last time they made rules and are going a different path this time.

The residency thing is dumb. If you don't want players to get residency, then just put a straight cap on teams. Doubling it because some players are about to get it is extremely bad faith.

I think there is a clear difference between "Imports are a new thing, I guess we can grandfather in ~20 players total across every region" vs now where they'd have to grandfather half of korea & europe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
All it really takes is for three Chinese billionaire owners to go to tenecent and pay them off to make sure the change doesn't go through. Honestly wouldn't mind seeing Samsung back together just because SKT has so little competition this season and probably has less at World's unless SKT fall apart on their own

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I don't see any reason to think RNG can't pose a threat to SKT as is.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

rabidsquid posted:

I don't see any reason to think RNG can't pose a threat to SKT as is.
"has so little"

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Just make it so that no team can have more than two players from any region other than their home region, with no grandfathering or whatever.

If you want to have two Koreans in Mid and Jungle, a Chinese bot lane, and Fredy122, and you want to stick them all in a house in Las Vegas with Saintvicious coaching while they argue in three languages about who can obtain the highest calorie food the quickest in between scrims, you should be able to.

Plus that would have saved us from the atrocity of TSM Yellowstar last split.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
It's not just the C9 and the Chinese teams as organizations that are being affected by the switch in residency requirements - the players are being affected by them too. Like yeah, C9s master plan of fielding all three of Impact/Rush/Jensen is foiled now, but that's also screwing over Impact, who certainly had other offers and probably took up C9s offer at least partly on the idea of the roster they could field next split. I'm sure there are some Koreans in China who thought they could ride out a split getting paid tons of money on the bench and be part of a super team next split that are now having to rethink their contract because Riot changed the rules on them.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Riot's a reactive company and it's so bad to the point that they will retroactively make rules against players or owners after they've already done something that wasn't against the rules before. They kinda need a third-party to investigate these things like OGN/KeSPA did.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Zirene and whoever he's casting the NA Challenger Series with just nerded out about language for about 3 minutes straight until producers told them to stop.

It was far more interesting than NACS.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
This is so loving sloppy

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
yakkity sax.wav

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

team dignitas academy

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

rabidsquid posted:

team dignitas academy

What did we learn at the Team Dignitas Academy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6VjPM5CeWs

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Wait I went to get a drink and Apex Pride won?

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Moatman posted:

Wait I went to get a drink and Apex Pride won?

Yup, TLA was dumb and died on APP's nexus.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

lets get ready to develop some mother fwickin north american talent :ocelot:

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

LMAO. Super greedy.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

*clears throat*

Clown 9.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sometimes your team is going to overextend, but it's worth it to get more play experience onto guys like Hai and Lemonnation

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I do like that C9 apparently doesn't think Irelia or Vlad are good tho

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

C9 won this game because the enemy team was afraid to play against them. Like the other team was playing scared when they had a massive lead

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

A Team won because the other Team was worse than them.

Weird, never heard of the less bad team winning...

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I'm glad you knew some of the words I said in my post. Keep at it buddy.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I actually bet challenger is pretty fun for Lemon/Balls/Hai, I can't imagine they have to try too hard but it's still at least somewhat of a challenge.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Schnorkles posted:

*clears throat*

Clown 9.

An Ancient Greek man runs 26 miles to deliver vital intelligence. Dying, he hands it to the king of Thebes.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Work Friend Keven posted:

An Ancient Greek man runs 26 miles to deliver vital intelligence. Dying, he hands it to the king of Thebes.

lol

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

didn't k0u retire?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

No, he bounced around a bunch of EUCS teams.

E: Why is Bee Sin playing support? Didn't he exclusively coach for like a year, and before that only play top?

Killed By Death fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jun 16, 2016

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
nacs, where hai/lemon/balls can cost through a season while the org counts down until contractz can play in tournaments/lcs.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Killed By Death posted:

No, he bounced around a bunch of EUCS teams.

E: Why is Bee Sin playing support? Didn't he exclusively coach for like a year, and before that only play top?

Dunno if you're still watching, but Akkadian said their support got banned so they grabbed Bee as an emergency replacement.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Apparently a ton more players in Challenger were just banned in another wave, this time individual boosting services. There's tweets from semi-pros that said they got banned for doing one boost. RIP Caster Minion.

If that's true I wonder if they're turning a blind eye to some of the better known pros that did elo boosting.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
That team that C9C beat has Evaniskus as a sub. I'm amazed that he's still around.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!
Rookie playing Taliyah vs OMG.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

iSurrender posted:

Rookie playing Taliyah vs OMG.
What a shocker, she's a bad champion for competitive.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

What a Rookie mistake

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I started on the LPL write ups but I've been very busy and probably won't be finished until next week. Ironically I get most of my league of legends watching done when work is slow.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

It's all good, plenty of time

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
origen just needs to put peke on ez or lucian every game so he cant feed in key moments

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I'm sad no one's playing Aurelion Sol he seems like he'd be solid enough for pro play (we can't really judge him based on Huhi of all people.)

They really need to fix Taliyah's worked ground bullshit, she'd be such a cool champion if that just didn't exist.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh wow i forgot the eu lcs was on woops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Don't worry the games are awful. Literally would rather spectate some bronze games. Where's salty teemo

• Locked thread