Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Xelkelvos posted:

http://readms.com/r/one_piece/829/3471/1

It's up in English

Big Mam's ability looks like she can literally suck the life out of things.
The sentient snack foods are weird but they're likely related to all of the other sentient things on the island. It may be the result of a Fruit user or something about the islands themselves.
Jinbe being part of her crew is a little unexpected, but I imagine it was done to protect Fishman Island from Luffy's provocation. This might foreshadow a fight between Jinbei and one of the Strawhats.

Jinbe has been a member of her crew since we first heard of her back in Fishman Island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

That chapter was hosed up.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
So.

Big Mom.

:stare:

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Xelkelvos posted:

Big Mam's ability looks like she can literally suck the life out of things.
The sentient snack foods are weird but they're likely related to all of the other sentient things on the island. It may be the result of a Fruit user or something about the islands themselves.

Calling it now, she has the Life-Life fruit and can transfer life force from her children to inanimate objects. That's why she has so many kids... they're basically batteries. Any who don't live up to expectations or don't obey her get drained.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Maybe it's like Moria's power. Take life from one, put it in another. Only you don't have to keep the original alive.

Also, if Big Mam has been siphoning life and is unusually long lived, it would explain how she had time to have so many kids.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Pureauthor posted:

So.

Big Mom.

:stare:

Yeah, :stare: sums it up pretty well.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
rip jinbei, I'll never forget you

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

sanji's gonna rescue jimbei from candy prison and they'll meet up with the strawhats

also pedro seems like he could know big mom or something after this chapter. could he be the one that let big mom know the strawhats were coming?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

There's something really hosed up and dissonant about a happy cartoon sun and cloud pleading with a giant woman to stop eating her entire kingdom.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Green Intern posted:

There's something really hosed up and dissonant about a happy cartoon sun and cloud pleading with a giant woman to stop eating her entire kingdom.

Don't forget the fate of the poor cream puff delegation.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

luckily i just finished the great british baking challenge so i'm well-versed in croque en bouche and Prinsesstarta and whatnot

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I can't wait for Big Mom to eat a friggin rubber fist to her chin.:smug:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

brook will have his moment in the sun during the big mom fight I think

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Well that was...interesting...

Jinbe no longer a very nice guy. He just killed like 10 people ( even if they were cream puff people)

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
I feel like Big Mom's fruit is going to be some kind of Matter Eater Lad style "she can eat anything" power, but awakening means that includes intangible concepts like someone's future."

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Big Mom's power seems way too dangerous to keep around (much like Sugar) but this is One Piece so it will probably work out.

Also Jimbei is a monster that fed creatures to someone alive despite their pleas for mercy. I guess we'll just have to have Carrot or Pedro as the last Straw Hat oh well.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jun 16, 2016

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

dordreff posted:

I feel like Big Mom's fruit is going to be some kind of Matter Eater Lad style "she can eat anything" power, but awakening means that includes intangible concepts like someone's future."

So a jacked up version of wapol's power.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

I can't wait for Big Mom to eat a friggin rubber fist to her chin.:smug:

Which one?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

Which one?

it'll probably be a king kong gun or something so both fists

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I suspect he means "which chin?", not "what type of fist?".

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
What in the world is going on on Page 9? She turns her fist into a mouth, throws it and it explodes? I assumed it was a devil fruit power at first but I don't see how that relates at all to sucking the life out of people.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
She grabbed the happy sun from last chapter and threw it so hard it caused an explosion.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

tsob posted:

I suspect he means "which chin?", not "what type of fist?".

we may never know

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Is it wrong to want Carrot over Sanji in the main crew now? I know Sanji's got a lot of history, but he's basically second-best at most things he does. Second best fighter, second best strategist, and his dream was just to see a place with a bunch of fish.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

Is it wrong to want Carrot over Sanji in the main crew now?

it's the most natural thing in the world

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

RealFoxy posted:

Is it wrong to want Carrot over Sanji in the main crew now?

Every Straw Hat crew member needs a tragic backstory, and every new member's backstory needs to be more tragic than the preceding crew members'. What backstory could someone as carefree as Carrot possibly have that's more tragic than Brooke's (the most recent official Straw Hat) or Trafalgar Law's (the most recent unofficial Straw Hat)?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So no one is going to comment on the fact that Nami has clearly been replaced by some sort of clone/doppelganger?

Radish posted:

Also Jimbei is a monster that fed creatures to someone alive despite their pleas for mercy. I guess we'll just have to have Carrot or Pedro as the last Straw Hat oh well.

Nah, they were really into it and happy about it in the end. He helped them fulfill their purpose in life.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Gyges posted:

Nah, they were really into it and happy about it in the end. He helped them fulfill their purpose in life.

That mouth shot is super creepy.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Is it wrong to want Carrot over Sanji in the main crew now? I know Sanji's got a lot of history, but he's basically second-best at most things he does. Second best fighter, second best strategist, and his dream was just to see a place with a bunch of fish.

Carrot is fun, but unless there's someone who can actually cook, Luffy will invariably cook all of the food on the ship and fail and leave them starving again

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Gyges posted:

So no one is going to comment on the fact that Nami has clearly been replaced by some sort of clone/doppelganger?

Wut

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

This chapter, what the gently caress. RIP ice cream cone sword guy

also I love Big Mom's pirate hat

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh man, what a weird fuckin' arc this is shaping up to be. This is great.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
guess luffy's grabbing that polynegraph as a reason to fight.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

anime was right posted:

guess luffy's grabbing that polynegraph as a reason to fight.
pretty sure Robin already told Luffy to make a copy of it while he's there

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Pretty sure he doesn't need the poneglyph as a reason to fight her. He'll take it as winnings, but it's secondary at this point.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
One of the cookie people told Gelato Minister not to show cowardice, or else Big Mom would take his life. Is it possible that's a way to avoid her power? She can only suck life out of you if you're afraid?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i meant a literary reason not like luffys reasoning

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Scratchman Apoo posted:

One of the cookie people told Gelato Minister not to show cowardice, or else Big Mom would take his life. Is it possible that's a way to avoid her power? She can only suck life out of you if you're afraid?

It might just be as simple as haki. Just, you know, you can't show force of will while cowering. And haki generically lets you resist devil-fruit powers.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
big mom is usopps natural enemy. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Manatee Cannon posted:

brook will have his moment in the sun during the big mom fight I think

I was thinking "Who could possibly resist this power?" And yeah, Brook is the only one.