Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
people who want zenyatta to have out of line of sight orbs really dont know the terror that is a genji w/ a permanent orb of harmony on him

team comps in that phase of beta were like, 2 genji 2 zenyatta, torb/symmetra(with 50 shields back then) + flex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

they should make one of the orbs last indefinitely but not the other; not sure which is more balanced

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Please don't cheat.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Hm I feel like this game could use a dog

Like a support character, who is a dog

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Zzulu posted:

Maybe it can be a big St. Bernard that drops health packs.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
I'd be happy if they could make his discord more obvious that it is active. It's pretty good when you're calling it out and people are listening and paying attention but a giant SHOOT THIS NERD RIGHT HERE sign would help him a lot in your average pug match.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Nechronic posted:

I'd be happy if they could make his discord more obvious that it is active. It's pretty good when you're calling it out and people are listening and paying attention but a giant SHOOT THIS NERD RIGHT HERE sign would help him a lot in your average pug match.

I think it works better for him to orb people that are already getting attacked rather than designating targets for other people, sorta like applying zarya barriers but backwards. If the orb goes on first, the target is more likely to back off or play cautiously, but if they're already in the thick of it they won't notice the orb and suddenly they're dead.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
It seems like Zenyatta should be able to briefly hover over pitfalls.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Zzulu posted:

You pet the dog, and the joy of petting the dog heals you and allows you to fight harder.

His ultimate is rolling around for a belly rub.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Verranicus posted:

Finally got my legendary Junkrat skin. I am content.

Shut the gently caress up nerd

Trisk
Feb 12, 2005

Verranicus posted:

Finally got my legendary Junkrat skin. I am content.

All of the legendary Junkrat skins are really ugly and bad though...

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Zzulu posted:

Dog can leap onto enemies to stun them for a second.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Trisk posted:

All of the legendary Junkrat skins are really ugly and bad though...

Junkrat Jester + Nut Shot Intro + Juggling Emote + Happy Birthday! Shout-out = Best aesthetically pleasing combination in game.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

nothing makes people madder than seeing torbjorn highlight intros

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Nehru the Damaja posted:

That was the reason he got nerfed in the first place.

Yeah with orbs being persistent it was nuts as you could throw an orb on a Genji and he would be an unstoppable killing machine capable of roaming and killing people everywhere with his major weakness being gone, and putting discord on someone meant that they could never escape your sight and would die the second they encountered anyone (possibly your genji) as if you weren't one of the few characters capable of getting rid of it you essentially had 33% less health permanently.

Meanwhile Zenyatta could hide in a corner and never be at any risk at alll.

e: Jester Junkrat has been growing on me Helps that all of his emotes work really well with it, plus it gives his riptire a pleasing moon face on it.

Trisk
Feb 12, 2005

I'm taking some time out of my day to create a helpful list of Ugly and Bad legendary Overwatch character skins. Please do not use any of the following unless you want to be a big idiot:

Junkrat Jester & Fool
Junkrat Scarecrow & Hayseed
Lucio Breakaway & Slapshot
Reaper El Blanco & Mariachi
Soldier 76 Daredevil & Stunt Rider
Tracer Punk & Ultraviolet
Zarya Cybergoth & Industrial

I hope this post helps you all to avoid being Idiot Noobs using Bad Skins. Thanks for your time.

-Trisk

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Zzulu posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cz-i_2rnZs&t=691s

These guys have you covered. Blizzard could learn a lot from them.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
Saw this posted on reddit and it is good reference for me at least. Hope it helps others.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Trisk posted:

what the gently caress

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

They should make your teammates able to see the discord orbed target through walls like Zenyatta himself.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is there a website that shows all the skins/sprays?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Trisk posted:

I'm taking some time out of my day to create a helpful list of Ugly and Bad legendary Overwatch character skins. Please do not use any of the following unless you want to be a big idiot:

Junkrat Jester & Fool

I hope this post helps you all to avoid being Idiot Noobs using Bad Skins. Thanks for your time.

-Trisk

Your bad opinions have been noted and dropped into the bin

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
The Zen orbs having the 3 second leash was an absolutely required change and a total godsend when it happened. Being able to retreat to peel off a Discord orb that hits you is good, and stopping flankers from having permanent health regen is good. The problem is how he is still made of tissue paper even though he now needs to be in the thick of things. A small health boost or any kind of escape tool would do wonders for his usefulness.

My favorite goofy suggestion I've seen was to give Zenyatta a zen levitation ability. Hold space bar to lock in at your current elevation, letting him float through the sky at any height as long as he gets up there the hard way. The Princess Peach hover, basically.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Trisk posted:

Elman posted:

what the gently caress

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

nothing makes people madder than seeing torbjorn highlight intros

Bastion POTG in general.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Trisk posted:

Junkrat Jester & Fool

-Trisk

Nothing fun or silly. Overwatch is a serious game for serious people. Got it.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

gnome7 posted:

The Zen orbs having the 3 second leash was an absolutely required change and a total godsend when it happened. Being able to retreat to peel off a Discord orb that hits you is good, and stopping flankers from having permanent health regen is good. The problem is how he is still made of tissue paper even though he now needs to be in the thick of things. A small health boost or any kind of escape tool would do wonders for his usefulness.

My favorite goofy suggestion I've seen was to give Zenyatta a zen levitation ability. Hold space bar to lock in at your current elevation, letting him float through the sky at any height as long as he gets up there the hard way. The Princess Peach hover, basically.

The problem is that when Symmetra had +50 Shields, Zenyatta was also far too durable. Even if you get him 175 HP instead of 150, he will reach 200 with a Symmetra around which puts him back at the previous state plus LoS.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Trisk posted:

Junkrat Jester & Fool

You have insanely bad taste

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

I think it would be thematically appropriate to give Zenyatta an arrow-catch skill, like Genji's reflect except it just stops bullets and projectiles for a second or two. Then if he catches anything with it his orbs get amped for a few seconds.

Pretty sure he's at the button limit for skills, though, so I don't think giving him a new one is an option. But giving him a defensive skill would be more interesting than a health boost.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I love Zarya's rivethead skin but her hair is pretty bad and I like the Russian uniform one more.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Trisk posted:

Junkrat Jester & Fool

-Trisk

You suck.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Verranicus posted:

Please don't cheat.

Uh that's actually pretty cool and weird movement quirks like that are good for the game :shrug:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Tbf the junkrat scarecrow skins suck because they cover his face, and he's like the one character in the game with some actual facial expressions you can notice in-game.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Zombie Samurai posted:

I think it would be thematically appropriate to give Zenyatta an arrow-catch skill, like Genji's reflect except it just stops bullets and projectiles for a second or two. Then if he catches anything with it his orbs get amped for a few seconds.

Pretty sure he's at the button limit for skills, though, so I don't think giving him a new one is an option. But giving him a defensive skill would be more interesting than a health boost.

Get rid of mouse2 alt fire (no one uses it anyway), use mouse2 for it. Perfect.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Broken Cog posted:

Tbf the junkrat scarecrow skins suck because they cover his face, and he's like the one character in the game with some actual facial expressions you can notice in-game.

True, but his goggles move around the same way his eyes do which almost makes up for it.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

a cat on an apple posted:

The problem is that when Symmetra had +50 Shields, Zenyatta was also far too durable. Even if you get him 175 HP instead of 150, he will reach 200 with a Symmetra around which puts him back at the previous state plus LoS.

I think Symmetra's shield ability needs to be scrapped and replaced by something else, personally. It would probably fix these kinds of balance issues in the future and would make her a slightly more involved character.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Broseph Brostar posted:

True, but his goggles move around the same way his eyes do which almost makes up for it.

yeah his goggle eyes look really cool and he's like a crazy terrifying scarecrow like fiddlesticks

he should have 2 peglegs as a scarecrow imo

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Bolow posted:

Uh that's actually pretty cool and weird movement quirks like that are good for the game :shrug:

that's just his dumb posting gimmick

although I really hate demo vids done on 0 cd because they make me watch closer to make sure the trick is even doable :effort:

Zombie Samurai posted:

Give him Rosalina's Down+B imo, and obviously replace his garbage right click.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jun 16, 2016

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Ddraig posted:

I think Symmetra's shield ability needs to be scrapped and replaced by something else, personally. It would probably fix these kinds of balance issues in the future and would make her a slightly more involved character.

At least Torbjorn's requires a little thought (staying alive while collecting scraps and then placing the armor packs where they're useful). Symmetra's is just mindless busywork. If anything they should just have it automatically apply when you use her teleporter or something.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jun 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Trisk posted:

Junkrat Jester & Fool

-Trisk

Correct, also all Legendary Mercy skins.