Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

voltcatfish posted:

i will feel sad when maya fey dies at the end of this game

You shut all your faces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
I've been replaying the AA Trilogy in preparation for AA6.

...God, Turnabout Big Top is just the worst case in the entire series, isn't it?

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
It's either that or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRd4jfZ9hZQ which gives me PTSD flashbacks within the first two notes.

E: They're bad for completely different reasons, though.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I dunno if tags work on twitter embeds, so

Motto fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jun 10, 2016

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Incredible

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
shredding jesus. we've reached peak ace attorney, it's all downhill from here

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

You might want to spoiler tag that, because this image is actually a surprising reveal some time after the character is introduced.

Edit: This irks me in particular because the moment this guy turns into heavy metal Jesus is seriously the best surprise moment in the entire first case.

orenronen fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jun 10, 2016

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

legoman727 posted:

...God, Turnabout Big Top is just the worst case in the entire series, isn't it?

Yes, easily.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I've been stuck on it for over a month because....I just don't wanna.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

legoman727 posted:

Turnabout Serenade is worse, because it's just aggravating how stupid everyone is in that case.

Big Top is bad mainly because of Moe and Ben. It would be a mediocre-to-alright case without those two.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Moe is a good man. Also his instant kill scene was easy as hell.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The Big Top has Moe, who is a cool dude.

That is one more cool dude (and one less stupid video) than Turnabout Serenade.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Turnabout Serenade is worse, because it's just aggravating how stupid everyone is in that case.

Big Top is bad mainly because of Moe and Ben. It would be a mediocre-to-alright case without those two.

Moe is the only good character in that case.

Edit: Even with him though it's still the worst case in the series.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Moe is an annoying child and while he did have some character redemption, it came too little too late.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

bad jokes are good.

Also, he might just come out of the whole affair looking good because everyone else involved is absolutely terrible.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Moe is not a pedophile therefore he is good.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Even considering how this series is, I still can't believe how the murder went down and I mean that in a bad way.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Man, I keep seeing some vague spoilers of AA6 and I think I really need this video game. Also, it looks like Athena is playable for at least part of a case and that makes me very happy. :)

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Ace Attorney 7 is going to be insane

https://twitter.com/Kaizerkunkun/status/742792206163943424

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

gently caress ME THIS COSTUME DLC BETTER COME HERE.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

PUTCHA GUNS AWN

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Apollo visits Clay's grave after the game. He tries to blow his brains out, but chickens out at the last minute.

Suddenly, Phoenix is behind him, alive, and accompanied by a comatose and wheelchair-bound Manfred von Karma. After a touching but sort of rambling speech to Apollo about how Phoenix finally understands Mia's will after all these years, Phoenix takes one last swig of grape juice and dies.

Phoenix is also voiced by Kiefer Sutherland.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Apollo.....you were the Justice in that court."

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Athena as SB Ieyasu is somehow the most perfect fuckin thing

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

is there any word of this coming to ios?

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.

I know these outfits are from another game, but I'd like to think that Phoenix is just trying to counter Blackquill's sword talk in the most literal way possible.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dongicus posted:

is there any word of this coming to ios?

It might, but there has been no talk of it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

We didn't really have any word on Dual Destinies hitting iOS until it actually did, so I'd say just keep your eyes peeled.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I mean, they're not going to announce it before they can get as much money as they feel they can out of the full price 3DS version.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

Waffleman_ posted:

"Apollo.....you were the Justice in that court."
"I am justice...the law transformed."

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Will we ever get a localized version of Daigyakuten Saiban?

Eshiro: Unfortunately there's a number of circumstances... We absolutely do want to bring it to the West, but unfortunately due to these circumstances right now... I'm really really sorry! Nowadays on the Internet lots of fans are directly asking us, "Where's Daigyakuten Saiban?" On livestreams, even in the Japanese ones, people from the West will write in and ask where it is. Every time we say, we're sorry! Certain circumstances are kind of getting in the way.

:negative:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm going to murder certain circumstances.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

What circumstances

Geez what a non answer

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I wonder if it has something to do with the Doyle estate and Sherlock Holmes, apparently despite the fact that by all accounts he should be public domain, some weird legal technicalities exist and they're really anal about the character being used in the US:

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20150524/17521431095/sherlock-holmes-case-never-ending-copyright-dispute.shtml

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jsor posted:

I wonder if it has something to do with the Doyle estate and Sherlock Holmes, apparently despite the fact that by all accounts he should be public domain, some weird legal technicalities exist and they're really anal about the character being used in the US:

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20150524/17521431095/sherlock-holmes-case-never-ending-copyright-dispute.shtml
Last time I checked the court literally told the Doyle estate to stop wasting their time, but either way you could just rename the character to Surelocke Homes and the Doyle estate couldn't do jack poo poo about it (nor would they care honestly)

The dude doesnt even really look like sherlock holmes anyway

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

certain circumstances means we don't think it's worth our time, but can't say that because we'd get flack

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
DGS hides secret japanese government secrets

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Why can't they ever come out and say the reasons instead of hemming and hawing all the time

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They'd get dumped on if they said "we can barely afford to localise the good games, we're not going to bother localising the bad ones" so they don't say anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

People will dump on them regardless, and with a straight answer they might get people who appreciate it as being a business decision to back off.

• Locked thread