Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Countblanc posted:

Correct, also all Legendary Mercy skins.

agreed on all legendary mercy and all legendary lucio skins

nothing wrong with ultraviolet tracer though :colbert:. it's like her only tolerable skin and also probably the most subdued in color scheme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

Trisk posted:

I'm taking some time out of my day to create a helpful list of Ugly and Bad legendary Overwatch character skins. Please do not use any of the following unless you want to be a big idiot:

Junkrat Jester & Fool
Junkrat Scarecrow & Hayseed
Lucio Breakaway & Slapshot
Reaper El Blanco & Mariachi
Soldier 76 Daredevil & Stunt Rider
Tracer Punk & Ultraviolet
Zarya Cybergoth & Industrial

I hope this post helps you all to avoid being Idiot Noobs using Bad Skins. Thanks for your time.

-Trisk

Cool list. Thanks for the insight.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Edmond Dantes posted:

10 seconds.

What's really stupid long is the downtime before matches. You get 30 seconds to pick a team, and then another minute waiting on the spawn point if you're attacking; they could just make the defenders spawn closer for the start of the game and cut 30 seconds of wait time honestly.

Yeah, I wanted to do the math someday how many years of precious lifetime are wasted by that.
12 players per game, at least one minute wasted per round x hundreds of thousands rounds played.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Zoness posted:

nothing wrong with ultraviolet tracer though :colbert:. it's like her only tolerable skin and also probably the most subdued in color scheme.

All of Tracer's skins that aren't punk/ultraviolet are really good

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Edmond Dantes posted:

10 seconds.

What's really stupid long is the downtime before matches. You get 30 seconds to pick a team, and then another minute waiting on the spawn point if you're attacking; they could just make the defenders spawn closer for the start of the game and cut 30 seconds of wait time honestly.

Sorry but people like me need that precious time to smoke and reduce sodium levels

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Zoness posted:

actually golden frog owns, idiot

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Broseph Brostar posted:

Sorry but people like me need that precious time to smoke and reduce sodium levels

sip beer between rounds
hit bowl between games
profit

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

Trisk posted:

I'm taking some time out of my day to create a helpful list of Ugly and Bad legendary Overwatch character skins. Please do not use any of the following unless you want to be a big idiot:

I hope this post helps you all to avoid being Idiot Noobs using Bad Skins. Thanks for your time.

-Trisk

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'll use the meme Lucio skin and there's nothing you can do to stop me

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The only super terrible skins are Widowmaker's dresses. If you use those you are garbage.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
If they were pink they'd be top tier. Or if they were Zarya's.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Or Roadhog's

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

zarya's industrial skins would be S+ tier if they gave her a mohawk.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Broken Cog posted:

Tbf the junkrat scarecrow skins suck because they cover his face, and he's like the one character in the game with some actual facial expressions you can notice in-game.

I think my favorite piece of animation in the game is Junkrat's character select pose. There is a part where he loses his grin and tilts his head downwards, a bit of a unsettled look. After three seconds the grin comes back and he starts looking into the camera again with his typical maniacal expression. It's like he forgot for a moment what he was going to do again, but then he realizes... we're going to blow poo poo up! and everything is a-okay again.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
We You all have terrible taste in skins.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Kerrrrrrr posted:

zarya's industrial skins would be S+ tier if they gave her a mohawk.

Agreed. They look great but the hair ruins it. It's doubtful they're going for the "it fucks with silhouettes" angle either, since some characters have poo poo that straight up changes their head entirely (looking at Hanzo's Wolf skins)

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
Most legendary skins would never get used over the defaults if the default was the legendary and vice versa.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
What. Fool/Jester Junkrat and Daredevil:76 are the best. Also Devi Symmetra because drat she has some fine rear end legs. I think I been trolled tho.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
The Reaper Mariachi Skins are amazing. You sir have questionable taste or do not like Fred Van Lente.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Ddraig posted:

Agreed. They look great but the hair ruins it. It's doubtful they're going for the "it fucks with silhouettes" angle either, since some characters have poo poo that straight up changes their head entirely (looking at Hanzo's Wolf skins)

Kay, we need to talk about that idiotic skin and how it fuckin mutes the first half of the ult call. Holy poo poo, gently caress that noise.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
They need to fix that, too. Changing the voice lines is fine, but they really need to normalize the volume because it's stupid that having one skin would give you an actual advantage over another.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Trisk posted:

Junkrat Jester & Fool
Junkrat Scarecrow & Hayseed
Lucio Breakaway & Slapshot
Soldier 76 Daredevil & Stunt Rider

-Trisk

Nice thanks for this, added to the spread sheet

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Does it seem to anyone else that the MVP card rewards longevity more than playmaking? I hate busting my rear end to clear the point only to find some do nothing Zenyatta getting MVP for spending the round hiding.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Does it seem to anyone else that the MVP card rewards longevity more than playmaking? I hate busting my rear end to clear the point only to find some do nothing Zenyatta getting MVP for spending the round hiding.

Play the objective and stay alive, or keep up a healthy KDR. You'll stay on fire that way. If you're constantly "flanking" but somehow not on fire I don't want you to get an MVP card.

(I'm the Zenyatta)

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I....I didn't say flanking once.

It mostly happens with timid teams that think if the just corner peek harder, we'll somehow take Anubis or whatever. Pushing requires taking risks and my regular pubbie experience is that they don't want to do that.

Hairy Nude
Aug 14, 2006
More gangsta, less angsta.
I am stupid and I'm playing on my roommate's xbox. I want to hear a chorus of 15 year olds call me racial slurs, but I don't know how to turn on the voice chat. can somebody tell me how? I don't have a mic.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

For those of you who don't peruse Reddit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQbSlktqpm4

:zenpop:

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Mierenneuker posted:

For those of you who don't peruse Reddit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQbSlktqpm4

:zenpop:

Even the announcer sounds astounded at what just happened.

Quadruple Kill. No, wait. Quintuple Kill. Nooo, it's a TEAM KILL.
Love it.

subx
Jan 12, 2003

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Verranicus posted:

Please don't cheat.

It's a pretty well known bug. It's somewhat hard to pull off consistently anyways.

You could do the "super dash" in beta just by dashing next to a wall, that was pretty fun. Now you have to do it just at the edge of a ledge. Honestly it doesn't give you any sort of huge advantage other than a few map shortcuts.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

they should make one of the orbs last indefinitely but not the other; not sure which is more balanced

I'd say Discord, also doesn't need to be indefinite but it certainly needs to be longer than 3 seconds, 10 seconds I think would be good, also maybe increase Harmony to 5 seconds

ItBurns posted:

Maybe it can be a big St. Bernard that drops health packs.

How about Armor packs instead, each gives about 20 to 30 armor and he can drop 3 to 4 before needing to cool down

Pakled posted:

Dog can leap onto enemies to stun them for a second.

Also a good idea, as for weapons, should he have a ranged one or should he be pure melee?

Ddraig posted:

I think Symmetra's shield ability needs to be scrapped and replaced by something else, personally. It would probably fix these kinds of balance issues in the future and would make her a slightly more involved character.

Wouldn't mind if they made her teleporter a regular ability(just give it a really long cooldown or something), and give her something else for an ultimate

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

drrockso20 posted:

Also a good idea, as for weapons, should he have a ranged one or should he be pure melee?

No weapons, but whenever a tracer gets close she says "Puppy!" and becomes uncontrollable while petting the dog.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

As much as I love playing Roadhog, I do think his Take a Breather should like, cancel if you're under fire.

It's frustrating as hell to get him down to low health, only to have him pop an uninterruptible ability that gets him back to basically full health then shotgun you in the face.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
why are you getting that close to roadhog (unless you are reaper)? just enjoy the insane amount of ult charge you got by shooting into his gigantic model

Trisk
Feb 12, 2005

New Zenyatta ultimate ability idea:
"The Balls are Inert"

When activated Zenyatta makes a call out referencing this popular 2006 Dragonball Z meme video. None of your teammates laugh at the reference. Zenyatta stops floating and slumps to the ground, defeated. His orbs also fall and roll away on the ground lamely. During a ten second period Zenyatta is immobile but cannot take damage nor be affected by push back from enemy weapons.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

I'd say Discord, also doesn't need to be indefinite but it certainly needs to be longer than 3 seconds, 10 seconds I think would be good, also maybe increase Harmony to 5 seconds

Discord essentially renders the opponent unable to fight for the duration, it really doesn't need its duration extended.

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

As much as I love playing Roadhog, I do think his Take a Breather should like, cancel if you're under fire.

It's frustrating as hell to get him down to low health, only to have him pop an uninterruptible ability that gets him back to basically full health then shotgun you in the face.

If you can't out-damage it, just take the opportunity to get out of his range.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
i just know that when a roadhog is on the other team the environment becomes very target-rich

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
the best junkrat voiceline is the BRRRING!!! how the gently caress do you not know this people

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

verbal enema posted:

the best junkrat voiceline is the BRRRING!!! how the gently caress do you not know this people

i equip this one i'm especially salty and i spam it at my teammates as much as i can

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Zoness posted:

Hockey Lucio is the best skin in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

RC Cola posted:

Hockey Lucio is the best skin in the game.

for me to poop on