Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Prester Jane posted:

In an attempt to break away from the drudgery of gunchat with a refreshing glass of schadenfreude I am crossposting the from the Authoritarians thread:

Unskewing of polls has already begun.
Even unskewed, does this seem horrifying from the GOP's POV? If you told me in 2012 that 1 in 18 people who voted for human sock puppet Mitt Romney would be voting for HILLARY loving CLINTON four years later, I would suit you up for a straight-jacket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

blue squares posted:

I know this is from a few hours ago but I have to ask: do gun people have get-togethers where they brainstorm these moronic analogies?

DaveWoo posted:

Talking points memos from the NRA, mainly.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=132

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

He is technically correct. If we kept sending our soldiers over there to die then they wouldn't have to inspire as many lone wolf attacks over here.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Internet Webguy posted:

He is technically correct. If we kept sending our soldiers over there to die then they wouldn't have to inspire as many lone wolf attacks over here.

Politifact rates this claim as MOSTLY TRUE

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I wonder who put them there to begin with? :iiam:

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
#makeanimerealagain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbM6WbUw7Bs

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
U.S. officials say American Muslims do report extremist threats

quote:

Muslim-Americans have repeatedly informed authorities of fellow Muslims they fear might be turning to extremism, law enforcement officials say, contrary to a claim by presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump this week.

“I personally have been called by community members about several things, very significant things,” Downing told Reuters. “What we say to communities is that we don’t want you to profile humans, we want you to profile behavior.”

Charles Kurzman, a professor at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, who has conducted several studies on Muslim-Americans and terrorism, disputed Trump's criticism.
“To claim there is no cooperation is false and defamatory to the Muslim-American community,“ Kurzman said.

We already know Trump is a lying piece of poo poo but it's important this gets said. Right?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Limbaugh on Orlando: Liberals accept men as women but not terrorists as Muslims

:ughh:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/JordanChariton/status/743506175237439488

DNC has a strategy against attacks on Hillary? #LeavingDemocratParty

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

MariusLecter posted:

Look at the date of the email. It will be used to confirm the Berniebro theories.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

MariusLecter posted:

Am I a complete Hill Shill for finding nothing wrong with that email?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Look at the date of the email. It will be used to confirm the Berniebro theories.

Rofl, yeah Clinton totally wasn't the presumptive nominee three weeks ago :rolleyes:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

MariusLecter posted:

A private organization chose to side with someone who has been one of their chief operatives for decades over a guy who - at that point - been a Democrat for only a couple weeks. Shocking.

Of course literally the only people in the whole world who care about this are on s4p, and they are melting down over it. Five of the top ten posts (plus one sticky) are about it

edit - and nothing about the filibuster, jesus what a bunch of shitlords

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

fool_of_sound posted:

Rofl, yeah Clinton totally wasn't the presumptive nominee three weeks ago :rolleyes:

This is from last year. When Bernie barely existed at all and it seemed like Hillary would be essentially unopposed.

Man reading the comments on that article from Berners who are just giddy at the thought of anything that could hurt Hillary is infuriating.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I think their outrage is that it was dated May 2015 and addressed how to plan for attacks against Hillary specifically. Bernie launched his campaign on the last day of April, and formally started it at the end of May.

No, this is not a particularly strong avenue of attack.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

fool_of_sound posted:

It is 2016.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Someone find that photoshop from the Simpsons that replaces Grampa Simpson with McCain, stat

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Even at it's worse it's Hillary's camp sending it to the DNC. And No poo poo they are gonna give DNC ways to help them protect their own candidate.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This is from last year. When Bernie barely existed at all and it seemed like Hillary would be essentially unopposed.

Oh. Still almost equally :rolleyes:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

berserker posted:

I was sure I've seen this kind of dead "I just realized I sold my soul" stare within the last day or so...

It's like in the Two Towers when Grima Wyrmtongue sees Saruman's army for the first time.

Nah that's just Brian Kilmeade's normal resting expression.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Dexo posted:

Even at it's worse it's Hillary's camp sending it to the DNC. And No poo poo they are gonna give DNC ways to help them protect their own candidate.

Well duh, but to the crazies it is the smoking gun.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dexo posted:

It's almost like the people mad about it have no idea how politics and election campaigns work. That shocks me alllmost as much as this:

https://twitter.com/intelligencer/status/743516159211888640

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So how's that Gun Control fillibuster going?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Dexo posted:

I don't care for Clinton much, but yeah this is nothing. It's just identifying a potential weakness of their candidate and strategizing on how to counter it. Bog standard politics

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

gohmak posted:

Obama is truly the king of trolls. Rubio is getting the Christy treatment.

"Oh and Marco, can you pick up a BIg Mac for me on your way to the airport?"

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

DaveWoo posted:

Talking points memos from the NRA, mainly.

Changing "NRA" to "american people" would be a fine word filter addition.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

"Oh and Marco, can you pick up a BIg Mac for me on your way to the airport?"

Obama eats Five Guys not that poo poo.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

MariusLecter posted:

That email is about strengthening Hillary for the general against the Republican opposition, in the assumption that she would be the nominee. Which on May 26, 2015 pretty much everyone assumed.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

theblackw0lf posted:

That email is about strengthening Hillary for the general against the Republican opposition, in the assumption that she would be the nominee. Which on May 26, 2015 pretty much everyone assumed.

Man I used to really like TheYoungTurks but they have just been absolutely nuts this entire election season.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Seth Myers banned Donald Trump from Late Night.

Not the biggest deal in the world, but that's a pretty notable non-endorsement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kygQLLhos5k

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
A brave stand from the show that let him host long after it was clear he was a lovely racist.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

theflyingorc posted:

The notable thing is that Trump responded by claiming that he'd never appear on such a low-rated show and that he's turned down their requests to appear multiple times over the last two years.

It's the same lines he gave when John Oliver's show attacked him a while back.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
How does it feel McCain, to have less spine than Lindsey Graham? The gently caress happened to "maverick", who's this guy who just bows down to an orange clown man who insulted you? You got through the hell of being a POW in Vietnam, and now you're bending the knee to goddamn TRUMP?

There are terrorists who are Muslims. There are Muslim people beating the poo poo out of terrorists. Piss off Limbaugh.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

theflyingorc posted:

Though he points out that Trump never tried to be on his show. This isn't going to mean anything.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

fade5 posted:

How does it feel McCain, to have less spine than Lindsey Graham? The gently caress happened to "maverick", who's this guy who just bows down to an orange clown man who insulted you? You got through the hell of being a POW in Vietnam, and now you're bending the knee to goddamn TRUMP?

And Harry Reid is lovin it

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/743520857687990272

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

They're going to lose the election no matter what at this point, their best path now is to stick with Trump so they can dismiss him and his base from the moral high ground when he loses. So in the future they can pre-ratfuck if this ever happens again by pointing to the historic disaster of 2016. If they ratfuck Trump they still lose this election but also strengthen his base and make this problem that's tearing the party apart even worse.

This all makes sense. Honestly though at this point Trump should probably start employing a food taster because I can think of a third option for the GOP

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

fade5 posted:

If it was a rich white man torturing him in a cage he would have sung like a canary.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL3okMs6q7c

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Grouchio posted:

So how's that Gun Control fillibuster going?

We won! All guns are illegal now.

So we never have to discuss guns again in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

I'm really going to miss Harry Reid when he retires.

Can Reid, Biden, and Obama just drive around the country clowning republicans?

Like seriously, make that a reality show and I would watch the gently caress out of it.

• Locked thread