Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
johnsonrod
Oct 25, 2004

Loopoo posted:

Would anyone like to play Survival with me?

My brother has a private server for survival. It's a custom system he and a friend made with 3 planets and a limited amount of asteroids in a 400km x 400km (I think) space. I can't remember all the mods but if anyone is interested here's the steamgroup.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SE_Flancrest

johnsonrod fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jun 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

squidflakes posted:

Does anyone know if the force attributed to the various thrusters is accurate? The small ship large atmo thruster says it puts out 408kN, which means it should be able to push about 40,800kg. However, if the planet I'm on is 1g (9.8m/s2), wouldn't that mean that the thruster could only lift about 4100kg? This is obviously not the case as the thruster can lift itself. Is the stated thrust expressed as if you're dealing with a 1g field already?

It takes 9.81 N to counteract 1G of gravity for 1 kg of mass. So 408 kN is able to lift about 41 000 kg in a 1G environment.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I may have built a new Battle Tank and- Wait ,that's the Hercules Multitank. That's not it. Gotta pan over and...

There we go. Meet the Stag. Those sub-cannons fire the same 300mm ammo as the main gun as an extra gently caress-you to anything in front of, or behind, it. It currently weighs 500,000kg and the maneuvering thrusters don't do poo poo for it in space at all yet. I may have to discretely remove some excess internal armor as well as bolster the thruster count.

If you're wondering why the top's made of Blast Door blocks instead of Reinforced Armor, well... you should know why by now. (There's a layer of reinforced armor under them anyway)

So far it has a Bigass Tank Pod with Twin Little David's, along with some containers for ammo and Hydrogen Tanks. God knows how I'm going to get it up to enough idle hovering thrust to angle it up like the Hercules with its sole Little David but dammit, I'm gonna try :black101:. Incidentally the Little David pack adds another 200,000kg of weight to the Stag. I'm going to also add pods with multiple Vulcan Guns and those 4-barrel Bofors to turn it into a hellish rolling Anti-Air/Anti-Missile brick.

Also, presented without context;

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk
From last page, I would also be up for some multiplayer survivalin'

http://steamcommunity.com/id/64bitrobot/

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

pun pundit posted:

It takes 9.81 N to counteract 1G of gravity for 1 kg of mass. So 408 kN is able to lift about 41 000 kg in a 1G environment.

Awesome. I am total poo poo at maths and this really helps.

Lowen
Mar 16, 2007

Adorable.

pun pundit posted:

Wouldn't it be 1000 times that though?

UU TEE EFF
Apr 10, 2005
mate?
No, his maths are correct. 1 kg being pulled to the surface at 1 G will have a force of 10 N (9.8, whatever, 10 is close enough.) So 408,000 N (408 kN)of thrust would counteract the force of 1G on 40,800 kg.

Lowen
Mar 16, 2007

Adorable.

UU TEE EFF posted:

No, his maths are correct. 1 kg being pulled to the surface at 1 G will have a force of 10 N (9.8, whatever, 10 is close enough.) So 408,000 N (408 kN)of thrust would counteract the force of 1G on 40,800 kg.

Ah, I wasn't being careful while converting between kN and N and got confused. Still, I got it right in my first post before I struck everything out and got it wrong.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Anyone up for Survival, add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/Q8ee/home/

johnsonrod posted:

My brother has a private server for survival. It's a custom system he and a friend made with 3 planets and a limited amount of asteroids in a 400km x 400km (I think) space. I can't remember all the mods but if anyone is interested here's the steamgroup.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SE_Flancrest

Thanks a bunch! Having a private server is awesome because it means anyone can hop on at anytime and work on stuff. I was playing with a friend a few weeks ago, and since I was the host, it was a bit annoying for him as he could never get on and tinker if I wasn't online.

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

I just built a (roughly) three thousand ton refinery/factory ship in survival, currently hid inside an asteroid. Is it sane to strap like six large atmospheric thrusters to the sides and see if I can land it?

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Me and another Goon will be playing a brand new Survival map in about 2 hours and 15 minutes! We'll be using Discord for super fun happy chill times, building up our base.

If it's alright with everyone, I'd prefer turning asteroids off. I just find them super irritating, and they're not fun to defend against. Dogs / Spiders are way more fun to fight. Asteroids just glitch through gatling gun firing zones and end up wiping out big chunks of your important base.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

That's good advice. I just got a meteor swarm, and the game crashed, kind of. I mean I look up in the sky and the game froze, the meteors are animated. I can't move. They don't come closer. I have a new screensaver I guess. And it won't reboot because it says its already running.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I was halfway done building a goddamn space ship from the blueprint projectors on earth easy, I went to piss, and when I come back I've been shot by a pirate and also the projector isn't projecting anymore. I found a projector that is working and all the parts are there when comparing both projectors. No parts are broken. THe working projector has options to only show what is buildable, goddamn would that have been useful to know, and the not working projector has all that poo poo greyed out. Is there literally anything I can do besides restarting to get the blueprint back?

e: gently caress one of these ships is a welder ship I should probably have just loaded it up with all the parts and hover built the goddamn thing instead of flying up inside with a jetpack and trying to get all the internal components one by one. All the ships say they're out of fuel though and I've restarted like five times and never once seen a uranium vein so what are you supposed to do, go run around looking for uranium while pirates shoot your base? Why is starting in space with uranium and no pirates easier than an easy earth start?

e2: jesus loving christ I make a new easy earth start, I take the ship to build the car to find the uranium, pirates immediately come and shoot the loading tube for the constructor ship, like literally that's the only thing they shot the hell out of, and I snap all the arms off trying to get in close enough to repair it with the constructor ship. gently caress everything.

e3: immediately start a new world, immediately hop into the weld ship, immediately am attacked by pirates, who immediately crash and fall directly on the constructor ship which is broken now. Jesus loving christ can I have 30 loving seconds before a pirate attack on easy? please? loving please? Does my gun do anything but make the stinging adversary shoot me first?

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jun 12, 2016

Lowen
Mar 16, 2007

Adorable.

Krinkle posted:

I was halfway done building a goddamn space ship from the blueprint projectors on earth easy, I went to piss, and when I come back I've been shot by a pirate and also the projector isn't projecting anymore. I found a projector that is working and all the parts are there when comparing both projectors. No parts are broken. THe working projector has options to only show what is buildable, goddamn would that have been useful to know, and the not working projector has all that poo poo greyed out. Is there literally anything I can do besides restarting to get the blueprint back?

e: gently caress one of these ships is a welder ship I should probably have just loaded it up with all the parts and hover built the goddamn thing instead of flying up inside with a jetpack and trying to get all the internal components one by one. All the ships say they're out of fuel though and I've restarted like five times and never once seen a uranium vein so what are you supposed to do, go run around looking for uranium while pirates shoot your base? Why is starting in space with uranium and no pirates easier than an easy earth start?

e2: jesus loving christ I make a new easy earth start, I take the ship to build the car to find the uranium, pirates immediately come and shoot the loading tube for the constructor ship, like literally that's the only thing they shot the hell out of, and I snap all the arms off trying to get in close enough to repair it with the constructor ship. gently caress everything.

e3: immediately start a new world, immediately hop into the weld ship, immediately am attacked by pirates, who immediately crash and fall directly on the constructor ship which is broken now. Jesus loving christ can I have 30 loving seconds before a pirate attack on easy? please? loving please? Does my gun do anything but make the stinging adversary shoot me first?

Edit settings, advanced, uncheck enable drones.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Patrat posted:

I just built a (roughly) three thousand ton refinery/factory ship in survival, currently hid inside an asteroid. Is it sane to strap like six large atmospheric thrusters to the sides and see if I can land it?

There's a smart way to find out, and a fun way to find out. Do it the fun way :science:. If it goes horribly wrong, at least you'll have a nice base on your new homeworld.

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There's a smart way to find out, and a fun way to find out. Do it the fun way :science:. If it goes horribly wrong, at least you'll have a nice base on your new homeworld.

Well I just finished attaching the array of gigantic turbines to the side of my ship, but a pirate carrier just turned up. Now time to see if my hydrogen engined missile fighter works!

RabidGolfCart
Mar 19, 2010

Excellent!
I'm having trouble finding a specific block from a mystery mod.
I swear I remember using a 'double inverted corner' block from one of the armor block mods I've used. I'm not sure if I accidentally unsubscribed the mod or if the mod was deleted, but I can't find the block anywhere.
The double inverted corner was a 1x1x1 block with two opposing corners truncated and was very useful for thin corner armor.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I just smashed everything I worked on for days trying to flip over a loving dune buggy. I smashed my lunar lander with all my stuff into a moon base I just established and Now I'm suffocating on this barren rock with a flipped over rover and have no way to get home.

Are vehicles with wheels basically broken? because I went into creative mode and put jets on it and flipped it over. Literally every time I accellerate, it refuses to even try to move, it just flips the gently caress out and launches me airborn with a velocity directly proportional to how hard I tried to drive in a forwardly directon. I will land on my back again. I put on and took off gyroscopes. It doesn't matter.

I found out that I had put the wheels on sideways. They were sliding left and right and touching each other instead of absorbing shock. Okay I think they're on the right way. THey look the same way as this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rqX7yUVC74
I follow this video to the letter. My dune buggy only flipped over in the first goddamn place because I set my wheels to his numbers and it launched me into space.

Are wheels just broken as poo poo and I should give up? Because this guy seems to have it all figured out. I copied his numbers exactly, the numbers from the end of the video specifically for driving on moon dust. My moon buggy drives a non euclidean direction and gets launched airborne. I'm pretty frustrated given I tried to quit without saving, and it said "hey want to save" and I said yes too fast. All my poo poo is hosed and I can't even figure out wheels.

e: yeah I checked the parking break. It doesn't flip out if the parking break is on. It doesn't do anything. If the parking break is off it just slides the gently caress around on its own but when I suggest a direction it launches me back into outerspace.

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Jun 13, 2016

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Krinkle posted:

I just smashed everything I worked on for days trying to flip over a loving dune buggy. I smashed my lunar lander with all my stuff into a moon base I just established and Now I'm suffocating on this barren rock with a flipped over rover and have no way to get home.

Are vehicles with wheels basically broken? because I went into creative mode and put jets on it and flipped it over. Literally every time I accellerate, it refuses to even try to move, it just flips the gently caress out and launches me airborn with a velocity directly proportional to how hard I tried to drive in a forwardly directon. I will land on my back again. I put on and took off gyroscopes. It doesn't matter.

I found out that I had put the wheels on sideways. They were sliding left and right and touching each other instead of absorbing shock. Okay I think they're on the right way. THey look the same way as this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rqX7yUVC74
I follow this video to the letter. My dune buggy only flipped over in the first goddamn place because I set my wheels to his numbers and it launched me into space.

Are wheels just broken as poo poo and I should give up? Because this guy seems to have it all figured out. I copied his numbers exactly, the numbers from the end of the video specifically for driving on moon dust. My moon buggy drives a non euclidean direction and gets launched airborne. I'm pretty frustrated given I tried to quit without saving, and it said "hey want to save" and I said yes too fast. All my poo poo is hosed and I can't even figure out wheels.

e: yeah I checked the parking break. It doesn't flip out if the parking break is on. It doesn't do anything. If the parking break is off it just slides the gently caress around on its own but when I suggest a direction it launches me back into outerspace.

Can you share the actual numbers you're using? A pic of the vehicle in question would also help.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Krinkle posted:

Are vehicles with wheels basically broken?

Yes.

I've had a lot more luck in using wheels in 3 sets on land vehicles. One set of wheels at the front, slightly higher and softer than the rest to absorb any sudden impacts, then two sets on either side of the vehicle to drive it like a tank rather than using car like steering.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Can you share the actual numbers you're using? A pic of the vehicle in question would also help.

it used to have 6 wheels but i destroyed the middle two hoping for a goddamn loving miracle and not getting one. This is my third attempt and I gave up on asthetics and just made it as low and flat as possible hoping not to flip over (NOPE)
It used to have a solar panel but that was the first thing to snap off when I came back from orbit. Just touching the numbers sent me 800 m high.

These are the numbers that guy drove around offroad with and they send me sky high so I don't know.

e: Oh and the back wheels only turn 3 degrees, he said to do that in the video. And the friction on the back wheels is 3%, front wheels is 1%.

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jun 13, 2016

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Krinkle posted:

it used to have 6 wheels but i destroyed the middle two hoping for a goddamn loving miracle and not getting one. This is my third attempt and I gave up on asthetics and just made it as low and flat as possible hoping not to flip over (NOPE)
It used to have a solar panel but that was the first thing to snap off when I came back from orbit. Just touching the numbers sent me 800 m high.

These are the numbers that guy drove around offroad with and they send me sky high so I don't know.

e: Oh and the back wheels only turn 3 degrees, he said to do that in the video. And the friction on the back wheels is 3%, front wheels is 1%.

Well THERE is your problem. Those values are hilariously overpowered for a vehicle that light. The following values are off my Ant rover, which weighs 37,664kg, and should be much more relevant, if still slightly too powerful for yours;

Power: 30%
Friction: 65%
Damping: 10-20% (Fiddle about a little)
Strength: 20%
Suspension Travel: 30%

Essentially your vehicle is trying to move something about 5-10 times its weight at 30k/ph. On a low-gravity moon. Nevermind that once it starts, it's not going to stop with almost zero friction.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jun 13, 2016

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk

Krinkle posted:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Well THERE is your problem. Those values are hilariously overpowered for a vehicle that light. The following values are off my Ant rover, which weighs 37,664kg, and should be much more relevant, if still slightly too powerful for yours;

Power: 30%
Friction: 65%
Damping: 10-20% (Fiddle about a little)
Strength: 20%
Suspension Travel: 30%

Essentially your vehicle is trying to move something about 5-10 times its weight at 30k/ph. On a low-gravity moon. Nevermind that once it starts, it's not going to stop with almost zero friction.

Yeah, this is pretty much accurate. The biggest problem is that power should almost never be turned up past like, 40% on any vehicle.
My best guess for that particular vehicle would be something like... (feel free to try this after you've tried the above if you want)

Power 10%
Friction 45%
Damping 80%
Strength 30%
Suspension travel 70%

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

64bitrobot posted:

Yeah, this is pretty much accurate. The biggest problem is that power should almost never be turned up past like, 40% on any vehicle.
My best guess for that particular vehicle would be something like... (feel free to try this after you've tried the above if you want)

Power 10%
Friction 45%
Damping 80%
Strength 30%
Suspension travel 70%

I'd agree with most of that, but suspension travel and dampening shouldn't go past about 30%. Otherwise you're gonna bounce like mad and likely smash the undercarriage into the ground in the process.

One thing to remember is that when you're on a Moon, you have about 25-30% of the gravity as an Earth-type has, and things are still going to happen.

Bad things :sigh:.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Jun 13, 2016

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

e: oh I had it set to target neutrals, and anything you make in creative mode is a neutral for some reason?

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jun 14, 2016

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'd agree with most of that, but suspension travel and dampening shouldn't go past about 30%. Otherwise you're gonna bounce like mad and likely smash the undercarriage into the ground in the process.

One thing to remember is that when you're on a Moon, you have about 25-30% of the gravity as an Earth-type has, and things are still going to happen.

Bad things :sigh:.

As long as the strength is low, the damping shouldn't be too bad, but you're probably right about the suspension travel, especially for such a light craft.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Krinkle posted:

e: oh I had it set to target neutrals, and anything you make in creative mode is a neutral for some reason?

Anything placed in Creative mode is indeed Neutral. Anything you place and weld into existence in Survival is owned by you though, I think.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

How's Medieval Engineers coming along? Thinking about picking it up during the steam sale.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
I will agree 1000% with wheels being hosed.

I built a little rover to make the search for ore on a planet easier. I managed to drive it around quite a bit with no problem until it suddenly flipped over right in front of a hole I had dug to get at some uranium. I had the stuff to make a couple of pistons to get it flipped back over but after 15 of Keystone Cops level antics I only managed to move the rover 30 meters and in to the hole. The hole was 100m deep, and as I'm watching the little blue ring of sky diminish to a dot, I though... well thank gently caress, this terrible little rover is going to be destroyed and I'll survive and I'll never make another one again.

Except, that I died. The rover impacted the ground with the cockpit pointing straight up at the sky. The cockpit was the only part that got any damage. When I respawned and flew down the hole, the loving rover was upright and sitting there like nothing had happened.

I attached a new cockpit and managed to flip it over a minute later.

The most satisfying part was dropping half a dozen warheads down the hole.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Are auto turrets buggy? I"m having a real confusing day. Server admin turned on apocalypse level of asteroids, the "easy" setting, and every rocket I built disappeared into a void. I said "build me 100 meteor destroying missiles" and came back and it said "okay i only have 40 left" and there are none missiles in my storage, in my assembler, and only two each in my turrets, who are set to shoot only meteors. They don't shoot meteors though, so I gave up on rocket turrets.

I built this guy's advance defense system i found on the internet with Gatling cannons on a heavy armor plate that you face the sun 1.2k away from what you care about, and I fed some ammo into the belt distribution system. Turrets 1-4 all take one at a time. 5 and 6 take none. I crawl around the guts of the conveyor system and all yellow lights, no breakages in the line. I try manually dragging the stack of ammo into one of the "dead" turrets, and it accepts it, and they disappear. They no longer exist. I need to know if it's "there" but invisible or of ammo in general is untenable because of it being buggy as poo poo.

E:
These turrets literally don't attempt to shoot meteors. They have ammo, I told them to not shoot anything but meteors, the blocks are on, I pointed it directly at the sun, and they don't loving even try. Goddamn it.

A meteor took out my assembler, underneath a refinery, somehow. What the gently caress?

I gave these turrets 9 stacks of ammo each, and now they have one or none ammo, and they haven't fired a single loving shot? What the gently caress is going on?

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jun 16, 2016

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

squidflakes posted:

I will agree 1000% with wheels being hosed.

I built a little rover to make the search for ore on a planet easier. I managed to drive it around quite a bit with no problem until it suddenly flipped over right in front of a hole I had dug to get at some uranium. I had the stuff to make a couple of pistons to get it flipped back over but after 15 of Keystone Cops level antics I only managed to move the rover 30 meters and in to the hole. The hole was 100m deep, and as I'm watching the little blue ring of sky diminish to a dot, I though... well thank gently caress, this terrible little rover is going to be destroyed and I'll survive and I'll never make another one again.

Except, that I died. The rover impacted the ground with the cockpit pointing straight up at the sky. The cockpit was the only part that got any damage. When I respawned and flew down the hole, the loving rover was upright and sitting there like nothing had happened.

I attached a new cockpit and managed to flip it over a minute later.

The most satisfying part was dropping half a dozen warheads down the hole.

Wheels work fine, right up until they decide to quit behaving and fall off. Or explode.

I added some more thrusters to my new fatass of a Tank, and now...

Or if you want something to swat down pesky drones;

Either way it tends to destroy a wheel or two just trying to make a turn due to weighing about 800,000kg.

Krinkle posted:

Are auto turrets buggy? I"m having a real confusing day. Server admin turned on apocalypse level of asteroids, the "easy" setting, and every rocket I built disappeared into a void. I said "build me 100 meteor destroying missiles" and came back and it said "okay i only have 40 left" and there are none missiles in my storage, in my assembler, and only two each in my turrets, who are set to shoot only meteors. They don't shoot meteors though, so I gave up on rocket turrets.

I built this guy's advance defense system i found on the internet with Gatling cannons on a heavy armor plate that you face the sun 1.2k away from what you care about, and I fed some ammo into the belt distribution system. Turrets 1-4 all take one at a time. 5 and 6 take none. I crawl around the guts of the conveyor system and all yellow lights, no breakages in the line. I try manually dragging the stack of ammo into one of the "dead" turrets, and it accepts it, and they disappear. They no longer exist. I need to know if it's "there" but invisible or of ammo in general is untenable because of it being buggy as poo poo.

E:
These turrets literally don't attempt to shoot meteors. They have ammo, I told them to not shoot anything but meteors, the blocks are on, I pointed it directly at the sun, and they don't loving even try. Goddamn it.

A meteor took out my assembler, underneath a refinery, somehow. What the gently caress?

I gave these turrets 9 stacks of ammo each, and now they have one or none ammo, and they haven't fired a single loving shot? What the gently caress is going on?

Are the turrets actually set to target Meteors? Multiplayer's the current development focus, so if it's a bug, it'll probably get fixed relatively soon (ie; weeks instead of months).

Incidentally Rockets tend to be crap for killing Meteors, because they're relatively slow. Spray-and-pray with Gatlings is the way to go.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.

Krinkle posted:

E:

Meteor Showers have an issue right now where they occasionally spawn INSIDE the planet and "rain" upward to the underside. Because the meteors are starting underground, your turrets can't target them. I'd wager this is what happened to you--the meteors spawned underground, "rained" upward to the underside of your base, and destroyed the Assembler, leaving the Refinery above intact.

I don't know many people who have Meteor Showers enabled, at this point. It's just ridiculous. :\

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I made a drone, and a control ship, and it all worked, I logged out, I log back in, and the drone is "out of broadcast range" but I'm literally standing on it. I carved it open and broke apart and rebuilt the control block, and the antenna on the outside, I stuck my arm into the reactor and flipped the power switch off and on, nothing! What the hell?

What is the deal with a remote control drone just straight up refusing connection. Literally nobody hosed with it. I left it alone for an hour of paused server time where nobody else was here. I called someone over and said "watch this poo poo" and no poo poo happened.

e: third attempt at googling says I turned off my broadcasting with O but I don't get why that made it so the ship I was sitting in couldn't connect?

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jun 16, 2016

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I somehow made a ship that defies planetary gravity. It just floats upwards nice and slowly

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

XkyRauh posted:

Meteor Showers have an issue right now where they occasionally spawn INSIDE the planet and "rain" upward to the underside. Because the meteors are starting underground, your turrets can't target them. I'd wager this is what happened to you--the meteors spawned underground, "rained" upward to the underside of your base, and destroyed the Assembler, leaving the Refinery above intact.

I don't know many people who have Meteor Showers enabled, at this point. It's just ridiculous. :\

Which was apparently fixed this patch.

quote:

Summary
This week’s update is all about more bug fixes and improvements, plus our new stable + development branch system.
We've made some fixes to meteorites, so should no longer spawn from inside planets and destroy your bases from below. We will continue to improve and balance them more in the future. Other bugs fixed this week include landing gears unlocking when merging a platform with a large ship, ore detectors missing a range slider, and weapons shooting even when disabled. There have also been more tweaks and fixes made to particles, and multiple crashes resolved.
Finally, this week we're releasing a new stable (and default) branch on Steam. No action is required from players to access this stable branch. If you would like to opt-in to the non-default development branch, you can do so manually via the BETA tab in Steam (see instructions below). The development branch will be updated weekly, while the stable branch will updated about once a month and should provide a more comfortable gameplay experience.
Developer's note: If you publish a mod, blueprint or world from the development branch, it will be tagged as “development” on the Steam Workshop. If you use these creations on the stable branch, you will get a warning message with a list of mods that may not function correctly.

Features
- stable branch released

Fixes
- fixed landing gears unlocking when merging ships
- fixed wrong active mods load order
- fixed weapons still able to shoot when disabled
- fixed terminal / inventory closing after looting cyberhounds
- fixed meteorites hitting from below
- fixed several particles
- fixed misplaced GUI when assigning actions
- fixed reload message
- fixed issues when switching camera
- fixed typo in cubeblock.sbc
- fixed reset of thruster control
- fixed Piston.LimitReached in MODAPI
- fixed small rocket launchers reload issues
- fixed missing slider in ore detector
- fixed batteries welded from projectors
- fixed crash when loading modded worlds

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 01.140 dev version
The development branch contains several work-in-progress planet improvements that are not ready to be moved to the stable branch - please try out the dev branch if you want to help us test them! :)
For those who want to access the dev branch (updated weekly rather than monthly) on Steam, you can do so using the BETA tab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myJQcff6pj0

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

So now they have a version of the game that's a broken, nearly unplayable buggy mess, and another that's 10 times that...

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Game works well for me. Maybe you should get a better computer son. :smuggo:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ass_Burgerer posted:

So now they have a version of the game that's a broken, nearly unplayable buggy mess, and another that's 10 times that...

It's more like they've frozen the one stable version in the month, for the month, while the weekly version continues on breaking in fantastic ways :pseudo:.

I've split the patch notes in the OP into two sections for the Stable and Development builds, incidentally.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I"ve been running around in creative mode looking for pirate ships to take blueprints of, run away, and recreate to examine their structures without getting shot all the time once they're neutral but sometimes I get a blueprint I can't place. IT's all red and basically telling me I can't place a huge station blueprint while standing inside of it. The caption says Press B to Enter Station Rotation Mode but B does nothing. I hit all the rotation buttons but I"m just rotating around the cube of which I am still inside so that doesn't help. Scroll wheel does nothing. I'm out of ideas.
How do I move the origin of a blueprint in creative mode to be a couple of feet that-a-way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Are connectors suddenly broken for anyone else? I'm building a new large ship and it absolutely refuses to connect to my station. I've rebuilt the connectors on both sides, there is power, the mag field is active because its yanking the ship all over the place, but they just refuse to get in to either the Ready to Lock or Lock state.

• Locked thread