Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How will you be voting in the UKEU Referendum?
This poll is closed.
Remain - Keep Britane Strong! 328 15.40%
Leave - Take Are Sovreignity Back! 115 5.40%
Remain - But only because Brexit are crazy 506 23.76%
Leave - But only because the EU is terrible 157 7.37%
Spoiled Ballot - This whole thing is an awful idea 61 2.86%
I'm not going to vote 19 0.89%
I'm not allowed to vote 411 19.30%
Pissflaps 533 25.02%
Total: 2130 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Camrath posted:

No shark or cat suits, but I've still got a hyena taking up storage space that I want to get rid of.

Oh my god are you on thread speed dial

Your last post was two weeks ago and then someone says your name and you're here in 3 minutes :stare:

edit: just to add my reaction to today's events, since i've been busy: fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Jose posted:

if you read gun control threads on SA you maybe need a lobotamy

Not denying that, I'm just saying that extremely unsightly and unwarranted gloating and smugness on this issue is pretty par for the course.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

LGD posted:

Not denying that, I'm just saying that extremely unsightly and unwarranted gloating and smugness on this issue is pretty par for the course.

Being fair, considering America has seen 133 mass shootings this year alone, perhaps our single shooting with an improvised weapon isn't exactly a reason for the Americans to be smug?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

And no, I'm not one of the people who goes into those threads, since arguing with Americans about gun control is like arguing with a really stupid dog.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

LGD posted:

There's a pretty big difference between idiots flooding idiot discussions about horrific events caused by idiot laws in an idiot country and idiots flooding normal people discussions about horrific events that have nothing do with the normal people laws in an idiot country.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Tesseraction posted:

And no, I'm not one of the people who goes into those threads, since arguing with Americans about gun control is like arguing with a really stupid dog.

i did click onto the most recent one and see a photo of a guy sucking himself off while standing up which is very impressive

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Where are you seeing these smug american comments? Is it along the lines of "if MP had gun, this no happen :smug:"?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

Being fair, considering America has seen 133 mass shootings this year alone, perhaps our single shooting with an improvised weapon isn't exactly a reason for the Americans to be smug?

Also this, is something about the imbeciles gloating that the horrible thing not happening in their country one time out of hundreds somehow justifies them not dealing with the horrible thing.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Where are you seeing these smug american comments? Is it along the lines of "if MP had gun, this no happen :smug:"?

More like "I thought if there was no gun control then there'd be no shootings :smuggo:" and then tagging each and every one of their stupid loving idiot friends on every article about Jo Cox.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Nah it's more "But I thought the UK had zero guns" :smuggo: like we're in any way equivalent when it comes to gun murders.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

namesake posted:

Was it really only yesterday that Bob Geldof and Alan Partridge Nigel Farage were on boats making jerk off motions at each other? :(

Jo Cox, her husband, and their two kids were on a boat as part of the flotilla yesterday. :smith:

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Thanks for so succinctly demonstrating my point, best of luck to you and your soggy little island

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Teddybear posted:

Jo Cox, her husband, and their two kids were on a boat as part of the flotilla yesterday. :smith:

Oh god, it's gonna turn out the shooter was on one of the other boats, isn't it?

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Oh my god are you on thread speed dial

Your last post was two weeks ago and then someone says your name and you're here in 3 minutes :stare:

edit: just to add my reaction to today's events, since i've been busy: fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck :(

Either that, or I spend a large amount of time lurking here and improving my political views by osmosis.

Oberleutnant posted:

i'm not accepting a fursuit from a goon can you imagine what kind of effluvia it'd be saturated with

I am on record as a non-fetishist. And besides, the sheer heat inside those things.. talk about a turnoff.

Camrath fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jun 16, 2016

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Baron Corbyn posted:

More like "I thought if there was no gun control then there'd be no shootings :smuggo:" and then tagging each and every one of their stupid loving idiot friends on every article about Jo Cox.

If there was no gun control then there he would have just shot up the entire GP surgery and the dominant narrative would be why we're all feeling despondent over the situation because we're so jaded because it's yet another mass shooting.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Tesseraction posted:

I have, elsewhere, seen an American ask "if you Brits banned hand guns, why hasn't your murder rate also decreased?" and getting fairly pissy when people say "you know, there's more than one way to kill a person" before he just reframes his "gun bans don't make murders stop" bollocks

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

LGD posted:

Thanks for so succinctly demonstrating my point, best of luck to you and your soggy little island

Hey, I can demonstrate it more succinctly. gently caress off you Yank oval office.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Please let's not have a gun control argument in this thread. Maybe we could discuss something more constructive like whether Coohoolin is a True Scot or what Pissflaps' ideal Labour shadow cabinet would look like.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

big scary monsters posted:

what Pissflaps' ideal Labour shadow cabinet would look like.

Let's do this one

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Gorn Myson posted:

Let's do this one

It's Ed Miliband in every position.

It's tough but he's a good boy.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Oberleutnant posted:

Realtalk tho mourning a human being murdered senselessly, who leaves behind children and a partner (to say nothing of friends and other family) is all very right and proper. But when you append "comrade" to that message you are expressing that she's some loss to Correct politics and um......

Even the Rotfront protected social democrats when the Nazis were on the march

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Gorn Myson posted:

Let's do this one

Leader of the Opposition:

Shadow Chancellor:

Shadow Foreign Minister:

Shadow Home Secretary:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is there a referendum I can vote on that makes Americans unable to immigrate to the UKMT?

This is a very important issue for me.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Please let's not have a gun control argument in this thread. Maybe we could discuss something more constructive like whether Coohoolin is a True Scot or what Pissflaps' ideal Labour shadow cabinet would look like.

There isn't an argument to be had. God knows the U.K. has a lot of problems. Gun Control isn't really one of them though.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

I managed to thoroughly confuse a racist Leave campaigner the other day. He struggled to realign my being born in the UK and not being a UK citizen with his own angry qualifier of being born here as necessary for it being "my country".

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Enjoy posted:

Even the Rotfront protected social democrats when the Nazis were on the march
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fellow_traveller

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Blinks77 posted:

There isn't an argument to be had. God knows the U.K. has a lot of problems. Gun Control isn't really one of them though.

Thanks Tony Blair.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Coohoolin posted:

I managed to thoroughly confuse a racist Leave campaigner the other day. He struggled to realign my being born in the UK and not being a UK citizen with his own angry qualifier of being born here as necessary for it being "my country".

He wasn't racist until he met you.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Yes. So rest in peace, comrade.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Enjoy posted:

Yes. So rest in peace, comrade.

not really

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Can someone explain why it was good for Ireland to leave the UK but bad for the UK to leave the EU?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

OwlFancier posted:

Is there a referendum I can vote on that makes Americans unable to immigrate to the UKMT?

This is a very important issue for me.

How do you feel about French immigration.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Maoist Pussy posted:

Can someone explain why it was good for Ireland to leave the UK but bad for the UK to leave the EU?

because ireland got to stay in the EU

this isnt a loving difficult question

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Maoist Pussy posted:

For real?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

How do you feel about French immigration.

I am very in favor of French Cheese immigrating into my sovereign belly.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Maoist Pussy posted:

I don't think the history of Ireland within the UK is reasonably comparable with the history of the UK within the EU.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Thanks for your fumbling attempts at political discourse, I guess

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

OwlFancier posted:

I am very in favor of French Cheese immigrating into my sovereign belly.

I am unfortunately not a Cheese producer

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

LGD posted:

Likewise, best of luck to you and your bloodswamped bullet-riddled wasteland. This is not a thread about gun control, this is a thread about political schisms, please take your poo poo over to the proper thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Enjoy posted:

Thanks for your fumbling attempts at political discourse, I guess

fellow traveller isn't a term of endearment

• Locked thread