Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

notoriousman posted:

On the one hand, $35 is far more conservative a price than I would assume.

On the other hand, I could have smoke blown up my rear end for far cheaper.

I feel like they're going for quantity here rather than price, at $35 the shitizens who aren't totally disillusioned yet will probably still buy a few. With more people starting to go 'hey wait a minute' after the ToS change etc, I doubt they'd manage to sell them for the extortionate prices of previous jpegs

e: catte tax

Maw fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jun 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

drat Dirty Ape posted:

:lol::lol:

This is almost too much to process. I hope the naked guy on the back wipes the seat off when he is done.

Kill this thing with fire!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwO5rnJvzT4

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I'm looking forward to CIG's first mystery box/gachapon/gambling crate on the cash shop. I'm honestly surprised they haven't done it yet. Probably because the best and most educated vp of marketing and business woman in the world since she was a little girl is just as poo poo at her job as lesnick is.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Tippis posted:

So much for realistic thruster physics.

I know right. Space motorcycle is the silliest concept they've introduced in awhile. It really flies in the face of all that "ultra realistic space sim" that SC is suppose to be.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Who's ready for safe fun?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Star Citizen: Chris Roberts would not do that

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Dante80 posted:

Oh...now I understand.

Ace and Gary got a new ride?

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Fat Shat Sings posted:

People are talking about buying 5-10 of them because they are "LTI Tokens?" what does that mean exactly?

Hey, MOMA, can you explain this to us poor goons? Because that's nonsense gibberish to us mere mortals. :(

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
So space motorcycles :what:

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Star Citizen : Unfinished concept art, on sale forever

Edit : you guys forgot about the space auger, and space edger attachments, for your space farm. The space fence mending mod is still janky, but it'll work out SOON.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

This will be an interesting sale. Guy on Reddit said he is buying 6 using melt credits. Got the feeling quite a few people are using that line of thinking.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

notoriousman posted:

On the one hand, $35 is far more conservative a price than I would assume.

On the other hand, I could have smoke blown up my rear end for far cheaper.

I am calling on bullshit. Having a stripper blow smoke up your rear end is going to run you at very least $40. And that's at the shittiest dive in town.

sanctimoniousqfd
Dec 16, 2015
Hope we get space leathers to go with our space motorbikes

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Tippis posted:

So much for realistic thruster physics.

Dude, GRAVLEV!.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I'm going to start calling my dick Ammobox 1 and my butt Ammobox 2.

This been done yet?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

sanctimoniousqfd posted:

Hope we get space leathers to go with our space motorbikes

Assless chaps

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Oh, now I understand it all.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Danakir posted:

Hey, MOMA, can you explain this to us poor goons? Because that's nonsense gibberish to us mere mortals. :(

I know they get tokens for re-melting ships or something, and that bought ships have the long term insurance where it can be infinitely replaced, unlike regular ships when the game comes out (which is the backbone of their entire scam.)

Are "LTI Tokens" where you can melt a ship down and apply the insurance to something else? Or like get $35 in credit + access to an older LTI ship?

If so they are basically just monetizing the "long term insurance" and you'll see a sales explosion because of that. Dragonfly will probably be the best sale they have had in awhile if it's just $35 access to some other rare autism chariots.

sanctimoniousqfd
Dec 16, 2015

Colostomy Bag posted:

Assless chaps

Nah, that's just the model's rear end clipping through its clothes

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Episode released February 18, 2001, right around the time he did space things last.
Checks out.

Dante80 posted:

Dude, GRAVLEV!.

So… does it generate gravity or levitation? And how does either work in relation to open space?
And either way, yeah: so much for realistic thrusters.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Colostomy Bag posted:

So is the second guy velcroed on or something so he doesn't fly off?

He is attached to the ammo box by both his dick and balls.

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

We've brought twice as much ammo as fuel, there's no way this can go wrong. Now, Tail-End Charlie, clamp your thighs really tight against the fuselage 'cause we're testing the afterburner.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

G0RF posted:

Something appears to be seriously wrong in LA. There is a palpable nervousness as opposed to the usual awkwardness.

I noticed that and found it pretty interesting as well. Sandi looks distinctly worried and uncomfortable... throwing a lot of sidewards glances.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Don't forget it can also fold up so it can be easily transported. Bargain of the century.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Hate the Drake!

e: :jerry::jerry:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

Tech-up mode
Content locusts

This game definitely has expanded my vocabulary this week.

I've linked a gamedev friend who doesn't really follow the Star Citizen shenanigans one of the hilarious Issue Council issues.

The thing he zeroed in *immediately* was the name itself.

I quote:
"issue council......wow. these guys are worse than scientologists"

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Lazrin posted:

why the gently caress would you think anyone at all would respond to smart?

the circle jerk in this echo chamber has to date provide no substance or proof of any of the claims laid out. so theres that.

goons are so irrelevant in this landscape now including your glorious leader, its time to let it go

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

So space motorcycles :what:

Spacycles.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Dante80 posted:

At least 900 years in the future we haven't made any progression on technology past changes that are, coincidentally, easy to render in a game engine, like stubby little wings that retract six inches.

Instead of any kind of actual "compact" "storage" system, the civilization that can harvest and colonize gas giants can only decrease the volume of a space motorcycle by 25% when retracting little wings closer to the main body.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Someone explain to us how this whole LTI token works. Maybe someone who has around 5k invested and spent money to defend the game on these forums could speak up.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

seriously...?! :confused:

looks like :barf:

Ah, going for the lego look.

The issue council youtube videos are often unlisted, I like to think I'm sharing a little happiness by linking them here. I imagine Citizen's thinking to themselves, wow 60 views already, CIG must be making this bug a top priority.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Dante80 posted:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Never stop Issue Councilling, AP. It's like wonderful flash fiction.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Wafflz posted:

Someone explain to us how this whole LTI token works. Maybe someone who has around 5k invested and spent money to defend the game on these forums could speak up.

When they say token they really mean ship/bike whatever. CIG lets you change a ship into another ship (most of them don't exist in any form anyway so why not?) if you give them more money. If the jpg has LTI then the upgraded thing has LTI too. This is because LTI is incredibly rare and they promise to stop selling it in November 2013.

LTI is worthless remember, but CIG found sales didn't work without it pretty quickly.

Notice the source URL.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

TacticalNecromancy posted:

We've brought twice as much ammo as fuel, there's no way this can go wrong. Now, Tail-End Charlie, clamp your thighs really tight against the fuselage 'cause we're testing the afterburner.

wrap your legs around these velvet rims
and strap your hands across my engines

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Wafflz posted:

1. You buy one or more of these 'cheap' ships when they're released as a concept and comes with lti as pledgebait.

2. Melt it for store credit and put it towards another chariot you want but missed the lti opportunities for, since it will carry over to the new ship

3. ????

4. Profit!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

AP posted:

Ah, going for the lego look.

The issue council youtube videos are often unlisted, I like to think I'm sharing a little happiness by linking them here. I imagine Citizen's thinking to themselves, wow 60 views already, CIG must be making this bug a top priority.

One you linked I was the first viewer :v:

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

AP posted:

When they say token they really mean ship/bike whatever. CIG lets you change a ship into another ship (most of them don't exist in any form anyway so why not?) if you give them more money. If the jpg has LTI then the upgraded thing has LTI too. This is because LTI is incredibly rare and they promise to stop selling it in November 2013.

LTI is worthless remember, but CIG found sales didn't work without it pretty quickly.

Thoatse posted:

1. You buy one or more of these 'cheap' ships when they're released as a concept and comes with lti as pledgebait.

2. Melt it for store credit and put it towards another chariot you want but missed the lti opportunities for, since it will carry over to the new ship

3. ????

4. Profit!

So yeah they just broke down and are monetizing long term insurance. Spergs will want some "Just in Case" and want multiple copies just to cover their armada of poor decisions they've already bought. Some will justify it as "Well I missed LTI on this $900 autism chariot, so $35 is perfectly reasonable to cover it forever!" x 100,000

Since this is the first time they've done it (for so cheap) the Drake sale will be like $4,000,000 and the furnaces will spring back to life, filled again with more bricks of cash.

Fat Shat Sings fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jun 16, 2016

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

• Locked thread