Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Raid in WoW while gathering in both Runescape and Eve while idling in Amaranthine while waiting for Clash of Clans timers for maximum sperg optimization.

Add extra monitors for spreadsheets as required.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just joined as belt, would like an invite please :D

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

belt posted:

Just joined as belt, would like an invite please :D

Invite sent! Good luck soldier!

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

quote:

19:14:33 Olaf [Sane?] : the confederate flag is not about hate, ill stop you right there. my ancestors fought for that flag, it stands for freedom, so dont get me started

*snip*

19:18:22 Princess Butterfly [SP] : History does say the first slave ever was White not of any other Color read people read but have a nice day im going to in joy the nice weather Mother Nature gave us today

10/10 GOTY also the pubs are dumb highly recommend.

Come join, I just made like 200 iron hatchets. Take them and make more wood with them thanks in advance.

Marxalot fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jun 12, 2016

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

Marxalot posted:

10/10 GOTY also the pubs are dumb highly recommend.

Come join, I just made like 200 iron hatchets. Take them and make more wood with them thanks in advance.

There are so many self-righteous pubs in this game, it's almost unreal. I love that our very presence pisses them off. We don't even have to do anything and they get mad because we just exist.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
While we had ~ 2000 Iron Ores more often the last days, we were more often out of it so I keep farming it.
But how - generally - do we know and share the information what we are missing?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Mr.PayDay posted:

While we had ~ 2000 Iron Ores more often the last days, we were more often out of it so I keep farming it.

There's an in-game forum that we can keep a running list of what we're short of in.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Mr.PayDay posted:

The easiest way I know of is to use the beta interface, and check the "manual". It'll have a listing of how many things we own, in which storage unit, and in what city.

And thanks, because I've been turning those ores into ingots/tools :v:

ex:

Do this, and it'll bring you to here ---> http://amar.bornofsnails.net/man/items/iron_chisel

And at the bottom of the page you'll see something like this

Marxalot fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jun 13, 2016

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
We need to come up with a good guild name name that mocks The South obviously enough to make pubbies mad but subtly enough that Grumpy won't make us change it

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Magres posted:

We need to come up with a good guild name name that mocks The South obviously enough to make pubbies mad but subtly enough that Grumpy won't make us change it

I think guild names are stacked up for a couple months, so you're not likely to see it for a while.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Y'all want some sweat :tea?:

ChubbyPitbull
Dec 10, 2005
Awww....look how OHMYGODMYHAND!
In as ChubbyPitbull. Idle Ho!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

ChubbyPitbull posted:

In as ChubbyPitbull. Idle Ho!

invite sent

ChubbyPitbull
Dec 10, 2005

Thanks! Wandering over to Aeon Bay before getting back to chopping.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Magres posted:

Sherman Squad

ChubbyPitbull
Dec 10, 2005

Magres posted:

March to the Bay

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Could someone go over the whole extensions thing? What are they for, why do I need them, which ones are useful? Do they benefit me or the guild? Do they require upkeep? Can they be changed? Should I build more than 1 house or is it a waste of wood?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Ratzap posted:

Could someone go over the whole extensions thing? What are they for, why do I need them, which ones are useful? Do they benefit me or the guild? Do they require upkeep? Can they be changed? Should I build more than 1 house or is it a waste of wood?

Here's how Extensions work.

When you build a house, you also get a little plot of land off to one side that you can build extensions on. Bigger the house, bigger the plot, so more extensions.

Extensions are, essentially, renewable resource generators. You plant a resource and grow more over the course of several hours. Gardens for plants, orchards for fruit trees, et cetera. You prepare your extension with seeds or fruit or veggies or meat (for smokehouses) or whatever, and you wait for a bit, and then when the timer fires you can harvest the extension and get yourself a buncha poo poo. Then you replant the extension and start over again. Over time your extensions gain levels, which allows you to plant and thus harvest even bigger numbers of poo poo.

They can be changed, but only within a particular extension type - that is to say, you can swap out a cherry orchard for an apple orchard, but you can't swap it out for a field of sunflowers because sunflowers go in vegetable gardens, not orchards.

They benefit you because you can go and get a bunch of stuff from them; they can benefit the guild if you share your extensions with guild members so they can harvest stuff while you're busy chopping wood or whatever.

Those are extensions. They let you grow things. Growing things is a much more dependable and usually more lucrative way of getting particular resources than going off to do other things and hoping wildly that the thing you want drops.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Basically unless you are gathering extensions do nothing for you. You can share them out, if people need extra, but I don't think we're lacking on them enough that you need to just make a ton. I haven't made a single one, it's not really needed since you can have 50 houses per town with several extensions each and you still need to do actions to collect the stuff.

Mid level fishing also uses them, but we have some guild ones that can be shared out of crabs and lobsters if you go that route.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Those are extensions. They let you grow things. Growing things is a much more dependable and usually more lucrative way of getting particular resources than going off to do other things and hoping wildly that the thing you want drops.

For example, one orchard (2 slots, so one house) and one Cherry can spawn anywhere from 10 to 150 cherries in the next 24 hours...and you need to save just one of those cherries to get another 10-150 the day after, and so on.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

oldskool posted:

For example, one orchard (2 slots, so one house) and one Cherry can spawn anywhere from 10 to 150 cherries in the next 24 hours...and you need to save just one of those cherries to get another 10-150 the day after, and so on.

1 cherry goes to 10-50 on a one slot orchard. Most of the orchards I see are 2 slot orchards so 2 cherries->20-100 in 24 hours. Vegetable/herb gardens are even worse if you cycle them twice a day because they have 20+ planting slots

Edit:10-50 slots, which is what I care about because it's time

gwrtheyrn fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jun 15, 2016

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

gwrtheyrn posted:

1 cherry goes to 10-50 on a one slot orchard. Most of the orchards I see are 2 slot orchards so 2 cherries->20-100 in 24 hours. Vegetable/herb gardens are even worse if you cycle them twice a day because they have 20+ planting slots

Edit:10-50 slots, which is what I care about because it's time

each cherry harvest is 1-3, so ten ones vs fifty threes, unless I'm misunderstanding Grumpy math

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Ok, thanks. I'm not doing much gathering right now so I'll put this fairly low on the todo list.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Tonight I posted

02:08:20 Marxalot : Rainbow Facts: Did you know that the average human eye responds to photons at 390 to 700 nm? In terms of frequency, this corresponds to a band in the vicinity of 430–770 THz!

In world chat and some dude I've never heard of ended up losing his drat mind and said we were ruining the game.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

You should have taken screenshots :(

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
Yeah but the chat was clogged with random chatter and it would have been really boring unless I spent 30min cutting all of the bullshit out in paint.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Don't worry the pubbies flip out like once a week. There'll be another opportunity soon.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

I just want to know who this pubbie was so we can add them to the flipped their poo poo Goon Victory list.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Marxalot posted:

Yeah but the chat was clogged with random chatter and it would have been really boring unless I spent 30min cutting all of the bullshit out in paint.

More like saving the game :smug:

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I just want to know who this pubbie was so we can add them to the flipped their poo poo Goon Victory list.

It was Maverick (or something else that starts with an M) in ATF.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Horking Delight posted:

It was Maverick (or something else that starts with an M) in ATF.

Ah, ATF. That explains it.

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
I'd like to watch numbers with ya'll. In as BigMoose.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Moose_Knuck posted:

sent

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Moose_Knuck posted:

BigMoose eh

there can only be one

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Moose thunder dome

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
But I'm a peaceful moose. I like frolicking and poo poo like that.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Moose_Knuck posted:

But I'm a peaceful moose. I like frolicking and poo poo like that.

You sound more like a cowardly caribou than a mighty moose.

Moose_Knuck
Aug 1, 2008
Coming from someone who needs two meese to fight his battles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Moose_Knuck posted:

Coming from someone who needs two meese to fight his battles.

He also has an AK