Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
ground cricket meal makes a pretty good protein supplement according to my brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

is this the thread for arguing

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
no it's the thread about how nobody likes us everybody hates us guess ill go eat worms

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Karl Barks posted:

No!!!!!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Karl Barks posted:

No, sorry you're looking for every other thread.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
nice job all, you're arguing about what thread to argue in

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
The arguments itt are dumb and bad

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i like the arguments, personally

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Karl Barks posted:

i like the arguments, personally

You're dumb for liking arguments :colbert:

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)

Cephalocidal posted:

Was it a stinger thing or just a dangly ovipositor?

it must've been the latter. hopefully it didn't lay eggs uggaspodhjfalkjfgdafl;skjf :cripes:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Karl Barks posted:

Sorry no, this is the thread for abuse.
loving tosspot.

Captain_Maclaine has issued a correction as of 21:09 on Jun 16, 2016

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Classic Comrade posted:

it must've been the latter. hopefully it didn't lay eggs uggaspodhjfalkjfgdafl;skjf :cripes:

bee·tle3
ˈbēdl/
verb
gerund or present participle: beetling
(of a person's eyebrows) project or overhang threateningly.
"piercing eyes glittered beneath a great beetling brow"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Man that Factorio is really a piece of work

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

Al! posted:

Man that Factorio is really a piece of work

I like it, but it gives me some degree of anxiety when I play it.
Like for example, after 6 or 8 hours vanish into the machine, I feel similar to how I do when I get off work.
I should be collecting a paycheck after optimizing assembly lines for so many hours.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Solvent posted:

I like it, but it gives me some degree of anxiety when I play it.
Like for example, after 6 or 8 hours vanish into the machine, I feel similar to how I do when I get off work.
I should be collecting a paycheck after optimizing assembly lines for so many hours.

Your payment is blowing up aliens. And you are well paid.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the hits just keep on coming

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

yeah commie haters are one thing but a LIBERAL!?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

SCENE — EXTERIOR
WOODEN BENCH, LAKESIDE

"JANE": So, what do you like to do in your spare time?

HOMEWORK EXPLAINER: [producing LITTLE RED BOOK] To let things slide for the sake of peace and friendship when a person has clearly gone wrong, and refrain from principled argument because he is an old acquaintance, a fellow townsman, a schoolmate, a close friend, a loved one, an old colleague or old subordinate. Or to touch on the matter lightly instead of going into it thoroughly, so as to keep on good terms. The result is that both the organization and the individual are harmed. This is one type of liberalism.

"JANE": Oh, um, wow! That's interesting! Do you have any family in to —

HOMEWORK EXPLAINER: To indulge in irresponsible criticism in private instead of actively putting forward one's suggestions to the organization. To say nothing to people to their faces but to gossip behind their backs, or to say nothing at a meeting but to gossip afterwards. To show no regard at all for the principles of collective life but to follow one's own inclination. This is a second type.

To let things drift if they do not affect one personally; to say as little as possible while knowing perfectly well what is wrong, to be worldly wise and play safe and seek only to avoid blame. This is a third type.

Not to obey orders but to give pride of place to one's own opinions. To demand special consideration from the organization but to reject its discipline. This is a fourth type.

To indulge in personal attacks, pick quarrels, vent personal spite or seek revenge instead of entering into an argument and struggling against incorrect views for the sake of unity or progress or getting the work done properly. This is a fifth type.

To hear incorrect views without rebutting them and even to hear counter-revolutionary remarks without reporting them, but instead to take them calmly as if nothing had happened. This is a sixth type.

["JANE" has gotten up and left. HOMEWORK EXPLAINER continues.]

To be among the masses and fail to conduct propaganda and agitation or speak at meetings or conduct investigations and inquiries among them, and instead to be indifferent to them and show no concern for their well-being, forgetting that one is a Communist and behaving as if one were an ordinary non-Communist. This is a seventh type.

To see someone harming the interests of the masses and yet not feel indignant, or dissuade or stop him or reason with him, but to allow him to continue. This is an eighth type.

To work half-heartedly without a definite plan or direction; to work perfunctorily and muddle along--"So long as one remains a monk, one goes on tolling the bell." This is a ninth type.

To regard oneself as having rendered great service to the revolution, to pride oneself on being a veteran, to disdain minor assignments while being quite unequal to major tasks, to be slipshod in work and slack in study. This is a tenth type.

To be aware of one's own mistakes and yet make no attempt to correct them, taking a liberal attitude towards oneself. This is an eleventh type.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

lmao

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

Homework Explainer posted:

SCENE — EXTERIOR
WOODEN BENCH, LAKESIDE

HOMEWORK EXPLAINER: [producing LITTLE RED BOOK] To let things slide for the sake of peace and friendship when a person has clearly gone wrong, and refrain from principled argument because he is an old acquaintance, a fellow townsman, a schoolmate, a close friend, a loved one, an old colleague or old subordinate. Or to touch on the matter lightly instead of going into it thoroughly, so as to keep on good terms. The result is that both the organization and the individual are harmed. This is one type of liberalism.

HOMEWORK EXPLAINER: To indulge in irresponsible criticism in private instead of actively putting forward one's suggestions to the organization. To say nothing to people to their faces but to gossip behind their backs, or to say nothing at a meeting but to gossip afterwards. To show no regard at all for the principles of collective life but to follow one's own inclination. This is a second type.

To let things drift if they do not affect one personally; to say as little as possible while knowing perfectly well what is wrong, to be worldly wise and play safe and seek only to avoid blame. This is a third type.

Not to obey orders but to give pride of place to one's own opinions. To demand special consideration from the organization but to reject its discipline. This is a fourth type.

To indulge in personal attacks, pick quarrels, vent personal spite or seek revenge instead of entering into an argument and struggling against incorrect views for the sake of unity or progress or getting the work done properly. This is a fifth type.

To hear incorrect views without rebutting them and even to hear counter-revolutionary remarks without reporting them, but instead to take them calmly as if nothing had happened. This is a sixth type.

To be among the masses and fail to conduct propaganda and agitation or speak at meetings or conduct investigations and inquiries among them, and instead to be indifferent to them and show no concern for their well-being, forgetting that one is a Communist and behaving as if one were an ordinary non-Communist. This is a seventh type.

To see someone harming the interests of the masses and yet not feel indignant, or dissuade or stop him or reason with him, but to allow him to continue. This is an eighth type.

To work half-heartedly without a definite plan or direction; to work perfunctorily and muddle along--"So long as one remains a monk, one goes on tolling the bell." This is a ninth type.

To regard oneself as having rendered great service to the revolution, to pride oneself on being a veteran, to disdain minor assignments while being quite unequal to major tasks, to be slipshod in work and slack in study. This is a tenth type.

To be aware of one's own mistakes and yet make no attempt to correct them, taking a liberal attitude towards oneself. This is an eleventh type.

:captainpop:
:chanpop:
:eyepop:

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

SCENE — EXTERIOR
WOODEN BENCH, LAKESIDE

Yeah, I'd bang you

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

the hits just keep on coming

just send her the phil ochs song and have done with it

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Homework Explainer, do you sit down all your dates and look deeply into their eyes and tell them that you're a communist?

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Schnorkles posted:

Homework Explainer, do you sit down all your dates and look deeply into their eyes and tell them that you're a communist?

Sploosh

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Schnorkles posted:

nah, only if politics comes up naturally in conversation and i feel like it wouldn't be awkward to drop the c-bomb

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

nah, only if politics comes up naturally in conversation and i feel like it wouldn't be awkward to drop the c-bomb

pansy

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
drop hints throughout your conversation

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
do you try to radicalize the waitress when she comes over to refill your water?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

"thank you so much. could we get another bottle of wine and have you heard the good news about the immortal science of marxism-leninism?"

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

"thank you so much. could we get another bottle of wine and have you heard the good news about the immortal science of marxism-leninism?"

*knock knock*

*homework explainer is at the door with das kapital under their arm*

"do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior karl marx?"

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

*server rolls eyes, mutters ' Bourgeoisie' under breath*

G.C. Furr III
Mar 30, 2016

You're just leaving the restaurant when your server says "excuse me, i think you're forgetting something" and hands you a note - "forgetting that one is a Communist and behaving as if one were an ordinary non-Communist. This is a seventh type."

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

G.C. Furr III posted:

You're just leaving the restaurant when your server says "excuse me, i think you're forgetting something" and hands you a note - "forgetting that one is a Communist and behaving as if one were an ordinary non-Communist. This is a seventh type."

if i had a nickel

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

if i had a nickel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83tnWFojtcY

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

buying a surfboard tomorrow, going surfing for the first time in two years on sunday.

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

youuu take ur car to work

iiiii take my boooooard

aaaand when ur out of fuel

iiiii'm still aflooooooat

[forreal tho thats cool]

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

Classic Comrade posted:

youuu take ur car to work

iiiii take my boooooard

aaaand when ur out of fuel

iiiii'm still aflooooooat

that is a really good motto

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

the first weezer album, is still a good album, in my opinion. especially in the summer.

everything after that i couldn't care less about tho

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Im at a pub for the first time ever. Pasty nerd thinking about getting on a table and preaching the gospel of sanders. Im sure a pasty nerd in a pub in plano is the perfect place for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
I would advise against this, but if you do it make sure there is video.

• Locked thread