Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Hey gun nerds want a LUGER!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom

Robzilla posted:

laffo, I'm on an Intel i5 3570K (3.4GHz), 16GB RAM, and a GeForce GTX 970 and I'm running FO4 with over 200 mods installed, one of which is Resurrection and it runs fine.

Would you mind posting your load order please?

I am using a couple crafting mods and cant seem to find them. Same with town defense those guns arent even in the menu to build.

Do I need to start a new game. I am using a premade save game.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

widespread posted:

Also to note, FO4's on an external with USB 3.0.

well you have a poo poo processor and poo poo video card, so yeah that makes sense you get poor settings. My laptop is ~roughly~ equivalent or a bit more powerful (until throttling sets in) and I am generally happy to get 30 on low @ 1080p. I would advise you to buy a r480 when they come out at the end of the month for $200 or so, or a used GTX 970 for around the same price. The latter is much more available.

You'll wanna replace that CPU eventually but that's a much more expensive upgrade.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Seashell Salesman posted:

Can you explain a bit more about how this repros for you? I have experienced some weirdness about how the plugins.txt file is getting populated (or not, rather) but not what you are describing I don't think.

E: also how does the older stable MO work for FO4? Haven't tried it

The older stable MO works ok, just like I said, I have to run a .bat file to autogenerate asterisks in plugins.txt and even then, the game only recognizes the mods every other time. It worked pretty much right out of the box, before Bethesda hosed everything with that stupid asterisk thing, and I transferred over all my profile info -- pref.ini's and so on -- so I can see zero reason it wouldn't act like the older one and read mesh files without a problem, they're all right there in the main game directory.

e:

Robzilla posted:

Pretty much the number one reason I love using MO.

What is that?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Hahaha the clothing variants added by the Raider Overhaul mod are amazing. Just got to Concord and I'm already dressed as a smiley face skellington man, and toting exciting sounding chems like "Shine" and "Bad Batch Jet" :allears:

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe

Saint Sputnik posted:

The older stable MO works ok, just like I said, I have to run a .bat file to autogenerate asterisks in plugins.txt and even then, the game only recognizes the mods every other time. It worked pretty much right out of the box, before Bethesda hosed everything with that stupid asterisk thing, and I transferred over all my profile info -- pref.ini's and so on -- so I can see zero reason it wouldn't act like the older one and read mesh files without a problem, they're all right there in the main game directory.

e:

What is that?

MO with the Dracula Theme.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
Is there any mod to either disable damage to settlement objects or auto-repair them for you if damaged? That's one aspect of gameplay that I could do without.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Hahaha the clothing variants added by the Raider Overhaul mod are amazing. Just got to Concord and I'm already dressed as a smiley face skellington man, and toting exciting sounding chems like "Shine" and "Bad Batch Jet" :allears:

I love that Shine is basically being carried about in a Jerry Can from which I assume it just inhaled straight from.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I got the super mutant version to work (holy crap the radiation variant are deadly in melee) but the raider version isn't working for some reason.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

I got the super mutant version to work (holy crap the radiation variant are deadly in melee) but the raider version isn't working for some reason.

Super Mutant version conflict, said mod has a file that fixes that conflict with Raider overhaul.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

There's gotta be more drugs than that, right? Sure, huffing gas and worse cow poo poo is fun and all but what other rainbows of sniffing sauce exist?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

SeanBeansShako posted:

Super Mutant version conflict, said mod has a file that fixes that conflict with Raider overhaul.

Oh! Thanks :)

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

widespread posted:

So uh. I want to run Fallout 4 with mods and dumb ENB poo poo but like, base game and mods only get me to 30-50 FPS. Barring hardware upgrades, there anything I'm missing?

Mod List for ref:

And also if it really is just "upgrade rig", then that's fine.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/978/

This will help, if you don't already have it.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
For the true SomethingAwful experience : Add this for a fuller "Wild wasteland" experience : animals have all mutated vocal chords, and express their displeasure, swearing animals.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Azhais posted:

I was tearing my hair out trying to get even trivial mods working right, half of the installers didn't seem to work,
This really doesn't sound right. Did you have the current beta version of MO2? Are you running Fallout 4 by choosing it from the drop-down in the top-right and clicking "Run"? Did you install Fallout to C:\Program Files (x86)?

Azhais posted:

I finally gave up on it entirely after trying to install a mod and it kept giving me poo poo about "Can't figure out how to install this, here, have a drag and drop interface and I'd like you to rearrange the files until this box goes green".
It does this when people don't zip up their mods in a way it can understand. All you usually need to do is find the "Put this in your Data folder" folder, right-click, and choose "set as Data folder" so it knows to use that and not their readme.txt or sample.jpg or whatever.

Azhais posted:

NMM, on the other hand, installed it all cleanly the first time and it all worked as expected
NMM works fine for installing. The complaints about it are for when something breaks, and you try to UNinstall a mod, and it gets all hosed up. But they've also implemented some of the features of MO2, so it may be more stable now than it was in Skyrim.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

FronzelNeekburm posted:

This really doesn't sound right. Did you have the current beta version of MO2? Are you running Fallout 4 by choosing it from the drop-down in the top-right and clicking "Run"? Did you install Fallout to C:\Program Files (x86)?

I was running the current beta. It absolutely refused to allow me to select any options in the installers, they were all greyed out. Like Vacidil's item sorting, or eyes of beauty, or cbbe, or any clothing mods, it was all defaults or nothing. And in multiple of those cases the defaults are literally nothing because you have to click checkboxes for what you actually want to install.

As for the non-standard layouts, NMM can figure it out, so could MO2 if they cared.

Uninstalling can be tricky if there are files from one mod overwriting another, but worst case there's a "reinstall all" button that will generally cause it to unfuck itself. I very, very, rarely uninstall mods unless I'm flat out starting over clean so it hasn't come up much.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
Anyone else having any trouble with LOOT in MO2? The little LOOT lite button ends up giving me an error message when I click it and running the LOOT executable through MO gives me an error that it can't read a file and running LOOT by itself brings up no ESPs, just the Fallout4.esm

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Canuck-Errant posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/978/

This will help, if you don't already have it.

I think, in some desire of mine, I got this after I deactivated everything. Just gotta remove the ones that I don't use anymore in place of some of the "Essential" (according to the OP anyway) mods.

Last I checked, it did 60 about at 720p with mods and I think Olympus ENB?

Also shutting down the comp to clear the RAM and other good stuff could have helped.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now you can have (craft) a Walther P-38 too!

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Bloodnose posted:

Anyone else having any trouble with LOOT in MO2? The little LOOT lite button ends up giving me an error message when I click it and running the LOOT executable through MO gives me an error that it can't read a file and running LOOT by itself brings up no ESPs, just the Fallout4.esm

Running loot by itself will only bring up whatever is in your fallout4\data folder. MO doesn't install your mods there, so that's why they don't show up.
Go to the drop down bar, in the upper right corner of MO, and make sure your path to loot is properly set.
Lastly, make sure you're running mo2 as admin.
To be fair, MO2 is beta and I don't know how well loot runs from within it because I never use it and just manually sort my mods.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I tried the alternate start mod and I need up with a baseball bat, a skeleton costume, a ton of chems and inside Poseidon Energy at level 3.

That was a very harrowing experience. It was the first time I had to shoot out a fusion core in a PA suit just to have a miniscule chance of winning.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
Resurrection looks super-pretty, and it'd be nice to have an environment that doesn't feel like it's trying to ape the Southwest setting of FO1/2 for once. Anybody run into any substantial bugs with it? I'm assuming that it should probably work fine with other mods that change environment stuff (Beantown Interiors, etc) as long as they're all loaded after it is, right?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Cross posting

quote:

KNOWN ISSUES WITH PS4 MODS

PC textures are used. Memory and performance issues may occur. We are working with Sony on optimal texture exporting support in a future update.

Sound files are currently not supported. PS4 sound format is a proprietary format. We are working with Sony on sound file processing support in a future update.

PS4 Mod Storage limit is approximately 900 MB at present. Please do not upload mods larger than 900 MB. We are working with Sony to increase this limit.

https://bethesda.net/#en/devnotes/creation-kit-1-5-4-update-ps4-mod-support-and-new-security-for-uploading

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I can't help but feel like this console modding thing is going to be more effort than its worth.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Simsmagic posted:

I can't help but feel like this console modding thing is going to be more effort than its worth.

It's worth it for the non-PC users that aren't going to go that way. Anyone that has Bethesda games on PC won't ever bother with the console versions if modding is their jam.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
I think he means more effort than it's worth for Bethesda and modders, and my guess is that will end up being the case.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
I'm still really surprised that Bethesda is going through with the whole console mods thing without at least some kind of fix for mod conflict issues.

I mean, there's no way to make map conflicts and stuff like that magically work out, but they could have at least added some additive/subtractive modes for dynamic content (leveled lists, enemy spawns, etc).

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I think he means more effort than it's worth for Bethesda and modders, and my guess is that will end up being the case.

I think it's a cool initiative, regardless.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in order to make a mod for consoles:
  • You have to own FO4 on PC & own a PC that can play it decently well
  • Create a PC mod, test it, bugfix it, etc.
  • Upload your mod to Bethesda.net, then have someone (could be yourself) download it & install it on the console
  • Playtest the mod again on console
  • Fix console only bugs, reupload to bethnet, redownload to console

I've got to imagine that most PC modders don't have FO4 console versions too. So either you spend another big chunk of money on the game+dlc, or the playtesting/bugfixing steps (which often get repeated many times) turn into a nightmare / get ignored. And it will be a real pain for large texture pack creators without good internet. Create a 900mb pack, spend a few hours uploading it to Bethesda.net, spend another half hour downloading it onto the console, realize something is incompatible with the console, spend 10 minutes fixing it, then 3 hours repeating the upload/download process again to see if the fix worked.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Nevets posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in order to make a mod for consoles:
  • You have to own FO4 on PC & own a PC that can play it decently well
  • Create a PC mod, test it, bugfix it, etc.
  • Upload your mod to Bethesda.net, then have someone (could be yourself) download it & install it on the console
  • Playtest the mod again on console
  • Fix console only bugs, reupload to bethnet, redownload to console

I've got to imagine that most PC modders don't have FO4 console versions too. So either you spend another big chunk of money on the game+dlc, or the playtesting/bugfixing steps (which often get repeated many times) turn into a nightmare / get ignored. And it will be a real pain for large texture pack creators without good internet. Create a 900mb pack, spend a few hours uploading it to Bethesda.net, spend another half hour downloading it onto the console, realize something is incompatible with the console, spend 10 minutes fixing it, then 3 hours repeating the upload/download process again to see if the fix worked.

I know there are a number (and probably much more unknown) of mods on Beth.net meant for Xbox that simply don't do anything when loaded on Xbox, for I suspect those very reasons.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Omg omg omg :fap:

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Roadie posted:

Resurrection looks super-pretty, and it'd be nice to have an environment that doesn't feel like it's trying to ape the Southwest setting of FO1/2 for once. Anybody run into any substantial bugs with it? I'm assuming that it should probably work fine with other mods that change environment stuff (Beantown Interiors, etc) as long as they're all loaded after it is, right?

I (and a couple others) get some pretty consistent CTDs with it unfortunately. Red Rocket is the specific area that does it for me, and it's my only real texture mod I've got installed at all.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Gonkish posted:

Omg omg omg :fap:

Why are all the gun mods I'm seeing ridiculously oversized in the hands of characters?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

gileadexile posted:

Why are all the gun mods I'm seeing ridiculously oversized in the hands of characters?

Because modern PCs can handle large weapon mods, obviously.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Azhais posted:

Because modern PCs can handle large weapon mods, obviously.

:golfclap:

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

Falcon2001 posted:

I (and a couple others) get some pretty consistent CTDs with it unfortunately. Red Rocket is the specific area that does it for me, and it's my only real texture mod I've got installed at all.

There was a bad texture somewhere past the fallen tree on the way to Red Rocket that everyone had a problem with. He uploaded a new version that fixed it. There was also a workaround of deleting that specific texture. It's fairly stable for me now except for the framerate cost. Problem is I love the heavy forest so much now, I can't go back.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Has anyone tried raising the settler population limit and making really populous settlements? Does this totally break the game (not balance-wise)?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Something a little different new weapons wise, first off for your melee types the Nuka Breaker is back! slam some dudes in the kisser with it.

For you energy weapon types, somebody has put together a lore friendly looking HL2 style gravity gun sort of weapon. Enjoy!

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

That nuka breaker looks like it would snap and crumple on the first hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Has anyone tried raising the settler population limit and making really populous settlements? Does this totally break the game (not balance-wise)?

I got 36 settlers in my giant Starlight Drive In before the delay after assigning a settler to a new object made me want to kill myself - upwards of 5 minutes real time before the settler would start guarding or pickin' tato's. On top of this, whenever I'd fast travel to the settlement, there'd be 30+ settlers all standing around the exact same point milling around trying to find a path out of the mob. Also, settlers tend to use the closest stairways from Point A to Point B, which meant that even with 4 stairways spread out, they'd all try using the same stairs at the same time and traffic jam everyone else up.

Other than all of that, it worked perfectly.