Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Plural Abysss posted:

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/743639188323524608

Lando with the conspicuous grooming.

Job interview? Hot date?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Samizdata posted:

It is the first steps in the creation of Cryten

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

alphabettitouretti posted:

Someone on the FD thread said Crobber claimed in an early video that each one their crowd-funded dollars was worth four times as much as a publisher dollar when it came to development because they didn't have to worry about overheads like marketing. Anyone happen to know which video this is from because lol

I've never witnessed where he said it but I have seen multiple shitizens claim that he said it, so I'm pretty sure it's true which is loving lol.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

PlushCow posted:

The actual one-man developer posts in its official thread as Kairo, he is a cool guy: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3530373

It's a one-guy project?
Holy poo poo, i feel bad about complaining now.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Do

do these people not realize that everyone else already knows it's just a clever trick that looks neat?

that's the entire point of magic tricks

I wouldn't be so sure that everyone else knows that. I've known some people to insist that Chris Angel was more than just a magician.

Hell people insist Chris Roberts isn't a purveyor of illusions and lies.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
REDDIT: Please CIG- beg, steal and borrow

quote:

I've been a fan since way back. Wing Commander. Privateer. I love your vision, and I'm hundreds and hundreds of dollars invested. You're doing something so novel that each facet doesn't need to be perfect. Just really solid. Don't let perfectionism jeopardize the whole enterprise.

That said.

Please. Please, please, please don't be too proud to take polished, solid concepts from other games if it will dramatically reduce the workload.

(Continued at link above)

REDDIT: Reminder - this game is supposed to suck right now

quote:

Friendly reminder to everyone pre-alpha testing this game. You are supposed to have the following happen to you.

Frustration , Anger, Happiness, Sadness, Irritation, Excitement, Joy, Laughter, Sillyness,

In one form or another we have all experienced all of the feelings above while alpha testing Star Citizen. This experience we're all experiencing is actually supposed to really suck. You ship is going to bug out, your character is supposed to fall through ships. The list goes on, eventually all of these things go away and the game leaves more of the positive emotions I've laid out above.

We all need to read a post like this from time to time. We need to understand that a lot of the time this will be a rough road ahead.

Stay thirsty my friends.

Cheers

Yes, hang in there guys. At this rate, in only a few more years we will be nearing the end*!

* of pre-alpha stage only

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Jason Sextro posted:

our upvote-bot army is working as intended

haha yea, tooterfish has really mastered the reddit upvote bot. I had a few accounts running myself. It was quite successful

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Do

do these people not realize that everyone else already knows it's just a clever trick that looks neat?

that's the entire point of magic tricks

I think he felt the need to defend the stolen jesus valor.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Palisader posted:

Wow, he looks like a different person.
He'll need that a lot.

The new jpeg makes a lot more sense if you take everything yellow as related to piss.

Has anybody photoshopped this onto the space bicycle? Perfect for the back seat.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

orcinus posted:

Hornet looks like someone saw X-29 at 5am, while coming back home pissed from the pub, seconds before tumbling into the gutter, then drew it by memory on a crumpled napkin the next day. Then proceeded explaining the drawing verbally, over a long distance landline call to another guy with auditory aphasia and one arm broken and in a cast. That guy then drew the final concept on a pig skin that was left in the sun too long.

The Jackal, on the other hand, looks like a bullfrog had sex with an F-14 with an identity crisis, right in the middle of a sex-change operation into an F-117A. The unfortunate offspring cried "keeeel meee" but was kept alive long enough for some guy with a lifting body fetish to take a photo of it with a leaky Holga, while whispering "yeeeesh yeeesh fee feel make a neue race of uberplanes from you". The rest was history.

hosed up if true

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Kakarot posted:

haha yea, tooterfish has really mastered the reddit upvote bot. I had a few accounts running myself. It was quite successful

Crap. When did we switch from the CS bot?

drat IT PEOPLE! You need to keep us other botters in the drat LOOP!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

seriously...?! :confused:

looks like :barf:

I think this game might be designed by stupids.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

All games are illusion! All games are just tricks of light designed to fool the mind! Save me Chris!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

now THIS is podracing

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:
haha holy poo poo I figured out who the source to that AMD news about Roberts letter, it was [You must be a Platinum User to read this message.] it leaked during the [You must be a Platinum User to read this message.].

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

*spends years pretending they have been working on realistic physics systems*

"This new thing uses anti-gravity"

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Some of us are clueless. :(

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Palisader posted:

Wow, he looks like a different person.

Probably the come to jesus Skype moment with his father. "Dad, I'm sorry, this shitheap isn't coming out. Your ships went to Monaco."

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

peter gabriel posted:

Moma mia, here I go again
My my, how can I resist belts?
Moma mia, does it show again?
My my, just how much I've missed belts
Yes, I've been brokenhearted
Blue since the day we parted
Why, why did I ever let you go?
Moma mia, now I really know,
My my, I could never let belts go.

See that girl, on RTV, she is the JPEG queeeeeeeen

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

AP posted:

Moma only responds to posts he wants to, or when you really annoy him. He's not here to talk about Star Citizen, not sure why he is here but the point remains putting any effort into talking to him is a waste of time as he'll just ignore anything that doesn't fit with his beliefs. Maybe he does work at CIG, I dunno, I don't think he's Octopode anymore.

On top of that none of this poo poo is seeing release, so it doesn't matter anyway.

Edit, maybe that sounds harsh, let's just say my effort days for digging links and quotes up are now limited, I used to do it a lot. Not trying to stop others doing it.

Not true at all. I specifically did not post anything of substance yesterday or today (some will argue - at all) to give you guys room to do your FUD-thing after ATV and RTV, and to discuss your little poster or whatever. After all, I didn't want you to think I was here to derail or detract from you guys having a blast.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

Not true at all. I specifically did not post anything of substance yesterday or today (some will argue - at all) to give you guys room to do your FUD-thing after ATV and RTV, and to discuss your little poster or whatever. After all, I didn't want you to think I was here to derail or detract from you guys having a blast.

how courteous of you

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

MoMA you are a literal joke and one of the best things about this whole situation. Please keep posting.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

Well, never mind the fact that you have never ever posted anything of substance I do thank you from the bottom of my heart for disappearing for a while. Like, do you think you can do like the SAfrog always says and :frogout: more often? It would be the for the best.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Fat Shat Sings posted:

MoMA you are a literal joke and one of the best things about this whole situation. Please keep posting.

Ever notice how MOMA and I are always on at the same time? I think he's my roommate guys what do I do?!?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Fat Shat Sings posted:

trucutru posted:

Well, never minding the fact that you have never ever posted anything of substance I do thank you from the bottom of my heart for disappearing for a while. Like, do you think you can do like the SAfrog always says and :frogout: more often? It would be the for the best.

nice meltdowns

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

ManofManyAliases posted:

nice meltdowns

They're called momadowns now

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

can someone get branson back in here to debate moma

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
Lando scrubs up alright, doesn't he? He's gone from looking like he's on multiple watchlists to a sort of alt universe Ted who never met the mother.

fnox
May 19, 2013

How deluded does one have to be to simultaneously believe that the game is in "pre-alpha", and that it is going to release Q1 2017?

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

nice meltdowns

I don't think you "get" goons

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Ah, 3rd shift is taking place. Your writing style places you as an angry female. The timing of your posts places you on the west coast/PST.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Colostomy Bag posted:

Ah, 3rd shift is taking place. Your writing style places you as an angry female. The timing of your posts places you on the west coast/PST.

When CIG goes under I'd like it if someone sent me some of these people so I can maximize my product coverage.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Colostomy Bag posted:

One of those clauses may - or may not be - correct.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

One of those clauses may - or may not be - correct.

Heh. So right now if I asked you under your current "form" (Christ, I feel like some priest from the Exorcist) if you are male are female I would assume you would reply "maybe."

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Colostomy Bag posted:

Heh. So right now if I asked you under your current "form" (Christ, I feel like some priest from the Exorcist) if you are male are female I would assume you would reply "maybe."

Possibly.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Colostomy Bag posted:

Correct.
This is fun! Do another.

edit: This type of questioning reminds me of my mock trial days in school.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

ManofManyAliases posted:

nice meltdowns

Please tell us the story of how this game might actually come out and be good again? Please?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Correct.
This is fun! Do another.

edit: This type of questioning reminds me of my mock trial days in school.

Favorite color?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Hi,

shouting at the videogame is probably really epic, but please remember to call or visit your parents every so often because they love you and went to great effort to raise you into the person you are today. they would love to hear about whats going on in your life these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

Hi,

shouting at the videogame is probably really epic, but please remember to call or visit your parents every so often because they love you and went to great effort to raise you into the person you are today. they would love to hear about whats going on in your life these days

oh poo poo i did legitimately forget

• Locked thread